View previous topicGo downView next topic
Head of Site Design
View user profile

The First Heartbeat: Sonau and Purgatory meet in the Zorren Cube

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:When the scent of Blood is prominent to a condensed location, the eyes of the unworldly are drawn to whom possesses such medal. Being given stake within the newfound world of a false earth, The Messenger felt obligated to protect what little claim was rewarded after the loss of so many veins. This pasture was a new hunting ground suited for the feral ravagings of beasts and humanoid-beasts alike.

However, The Messenger felt a subtle unease with one certain figment that wandered the earth...

Something of a disarray that cast a shadow wherever it wandered. There was a sense of intertwining with every step the beast took. A smear of death was the wake left in his track. And it was upon a certain night that the heartbeat was cast. A tremendous pulse exuded from my veins. Thousands of wishes, millions of words, an echo of seductive promises...something uncovered from millennia of searching. A single disfigured body; barely completed in view.

I gazed through the eyes of many to find those which were presented to me...almost as a gift. The flesh I wore prior was vanquished and melted off...almost as if it never fit to begin with. A new corpse to live within. Something of a time capsule that should have died long ago. Strangely enough...the soul was not attached to the form. It was an empty vessel that desired something beyond all else. I witnessed the slow spasms of muscle and flesh, long since used, returning to motion. Explosive cracks and painful tears riddled the body as a heartbeat was breathed through dark haired vixen. However, there was very little hair belonging to the original corpse. That would hopefully return in time. Glazed and haunted eyes broke the churning pit that spewed a dark liquid in every direction. Each breath I took was more painful than the last. It was broken lungs that ingested the dark liquid about my confines. I steadily began reaching upward...away from the terrible pain I felt as fingers broke the sloshing birthing pool. It took this body twelve hours to form from the Blood and flesh that meshed together. My naked form was pale and lacking fullness in places. Some skin was not there...the eyes I possessed seemed dulled by the horrors of dying. Regardless...all this pain was one of the most fulfilling rebirths I had experiences...I clenched my teeth tightly as I stumbled out of my confines and into a pitch black room that was all too familiar to me. I continued to slide forward and steadily regained my standing upon the feet I wore to which guided me to a wall that cast a whirl of sand towards my face.

At this point...it was day. And thus it would have shown. For my hands pressed harshly against the wall...a dark ooze glistened over my naked flesh. Concealing many deformities that would one day heal...or disappear. I Pushed again...the wall cracked against the force too which I ordered it to yield. However, it was the final press into the stone that caused the doorway to finally give in...cracking and rumbling and groaning beyond the room itself as it blasted the very sand upon the opposing side outwards...as if it did not belong to the world I stood within.

These eyes of mine...so dark and glazed over with black unshining Blood that gave me such prominence peered out into the burning light of this earth. I stood there for a moment...A massive stone door that held substantial width and thickness to it would stand out to the living which witnessed it. And yet...not many would bear witness to this marvel as it stood in the middle of a desert surrounded by the sands which thrashed life away. A single breath filled my lungs...and my voice...though unused was slowly taking shape. I had never spoken through my new body before...but I intended to do so much...as this was the only luring feature I had for the creature that Mother held such longing to use in some unforeseen plan. I heard her wish and I spoke into the sands...a coarse and weak tone passed my lips...but continued to echo out regardless of its weakness.

...darling...dearest...does my dear doctor desire his doll?

Although with form, this body I wore standing in the doorway, it shimmered as though masking what did not remain true.

View user profile

Re: The First Heartbeat: Sonau and Purgatory meet in the Zorren Cube

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 pm
Something from the Old Worlds

Before the time known as the Afterverse, there stood a grave threat. To some they simply called it hell. But to those who knew its true nature, knew it called itself Father. A gluttonous force of nature bent on consuming all that had existed. However, as powerful as it had become, it stood no chance at surviving the very thing that left a gash across the multiverse. One thing remained behind as a last remnant of what Father once stood for. An adoptive child stolen from the bosom of the Earth we once knew before. A child tormented and conditioned to only obey Father, his name, Purgatory.

Before he was stolen away, Purgatory was merely a man. In those days, he possessed different life with a different name. To time, his name was lost stamping no remnant of what he was before. Without command, however, Purgatory only knew how to do one thing. When he had awoken on this new Earth, he simply did this one thing he knew. Everything that had fallen into his path was slaughtered. It did not matter what it was, if it moved it died. But this new Earth was large and young. It did not take long for this feral entity to run out of things to oppose him. Eventually, he had no purpose. He remained isolated among the sand, dormant without need.

Reawakening

What was made seductive whispers to the ear caused this slumbering beast to animate. The regurgitation of breath sputtered from the torn lips of a corpse that had nearly found itself buried within the sands. Skinless hands escaped rigor mortis crackling in its motion as they violently sprung out reach out as the beast lay on its back. The hands searched beneath the sand for something unseen as dust continued to sputter from his lungs, his ribs expanding and contrasting like the ebb and flow of the rising sea. With each breath, his exposed flesh quivered as the jagged scraps lined within his makeshift armor penetrated deep within him, giving him the strength to lurch into an upward sitting position as he pulled a crudely shaped plate of metal from under the sand.

With shaken hands, he placed the plate over his face ensuring that the jutting metal on the plate pierced the sensitive bits of his face. A gasp echoed from behind the metal, as though it were both painful and pleasurable. With his other hand, he searched his thigh for what appeared to be some bolt crudely lodged into him. Without so much as bracing for it, he pulled it out, as a small sputter of blood shot out staining a bit of sand. It was then he hesitated bringing the bolt to the side of his head. With a pause, scraping around a bit of the metal on the side until he found a hole for the bolt to fit. When he had, he violently twisted the bolt in, as it dug in with only the sloshing of tissue and his hollow cries to be heard.

He would not rise to his feet until he had pinned down both sides of the plate to his head using the very same method. His shaken frame soon became sturdy even among the sand as he search to and fro. His doing this appeared animalistic, as if trying to smell out a prey. The voice had beckoned him. The voice he was so familiar with, yet it had been centuries since he had seen the face it belonged to. That voice belonged to his wife from his past life. A life that he has long since forgotten, a memory that Father made sure was lost within his mind.

“Could it be?”

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:

Grimace in the very sands that were stained would bear presence for the phantoms that witnessed two corpses, barely humanoid, come together for hellish intent. The pungent smell of Mother's Blood was something to which deterred most, but would undoubtedly attract the figment of animalistic nature.

Upon burning desert sands, the phantom corpse, I, stood in an off-tone to the blinding white. Dripping and oozing fluids which forced life upon my tormented corpse was all but a formality by which my very existence had been saved. With each breath taken, these lungs filled with fluid and blistering hot air, leaving the frame in utter agony. I could barely contain the amount of pleasure that lay therein. A few further steps into this new and unforgiving world were smeared by the dark bile that sifted into the soil...forever trapped there, forever linked to Mother.

I scanned the sands slowly, these eyes were full nothing, but could not be classified as empty. A single emotion seemed fastened to their gaze, one that a past lover would hardly remember, the overwhelming dread as the life squeezes out of the very lungs that beg for release. This dread still remained in my corpse's eyes. Dark and ragged, the skin subtlely returned in the form of dark masses that dripped, liquid that filled emptiness...patches that bled for relief.

Although my mind was my own, it was truly sad that I was given the memories of a pathetic and helpless human. I could hardly remember a time that my life was valued at anything beyond suicide, perhaps that was because every form taken only ended with the eventual severing of life. I had to compose myself to even stand, let alone enjoy myself.

Staring forward for the longest time, I allowed Mother's pleasurable thoughts and words to settle into my mind as I spoke off into the whispering sand...

Really, my ruthless, ravaging, rock. Run, or rather, return to relief residing in rising and receding rest...resounding to your Roxanne.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm
The Encounter

Oozing swatches of foot shaped blood led a faded path to where the animalistic monstrosity now stood. The creature was a meticulous individual. His sway rhythmically moved about, his torso moving in some unseen pattern. He was seeking out the voice, her voice. It compelled him to keep seeking it out. Something about it for him was different this time. Her voice seemed reachable, something he had not been able to feel in such a long time. He longed to meet the voice once more. Her voice after all was the last thing he had left of his old life. But could he comprehend what that meant? Or was he just after that only idea of comfort in this frigid multiverse he was dropped into? His mind was so fractured, it was presumably impossible to make any guesses as to what kind of mental process arose.

His head lurched into a single direction indicated that he had found exactly where the voices origin came from. An echoed growl hummed from under his mask as he aggressively set forth into the very direction, leaving behind thick blood stained footprints behind him, leaving behind his mark like a scar across the landscape. Breaching the threshold of a peaked sand dune, it had finally come into view of his eye, that one eye. Leading his rhythmic motion was the very eye as it locked to a figure that stood alone. Was it the very origin of her voice? The broken mind becoming torn between actions as a part of him sought out to find her voice again, the other to tear her apart where she stood. Without the command of Father, he did not know how to behave. Up until now, his recent memory was to only kill everything that had come into site. Although this body that stood before him, as he approached in confusion, smelt familiar to him in his lost memory, it also smelt of the putrid stench of collected blood. Did his once beloved too become what he was?

The face plate had come into close proximity of her face after he had finally closed the gap. The hum of his growl very audible as the motions of his body very clearly appeared as if the creature known as Purgatory was contemplating his actions.  His muscles fluctuating occasionally tensing up against the barbed wire wrapped around his limbs. His nearly nonexistent flesh spat bit of blood as he moved about, circling the womanly form. His digits kept tensely unfurled as the sharpened bone tips twitched waiting for an excuse to tear into the body of another victim. He simply awaited a response, eagerly wishing it to be sooner than later, else his compulsions would take over.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:38 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:Wilting, the flesh and blood of decayed flesh, steadily and steadily becoming a pale white with each second that passed. Mother's will was strong, dark tendrils of liquid dripped from the fingertips and legs. In a trance, I stood silently as the corpse of Father approached. Known well in the back of my mind...Mother had at one time possessed an urgency about her towards the threat of Father...and now...not even an afterthought had graced the mind of the would-be enemy...only potential.

Quickly, my dark eyes darted to the male corpse. A sweetly-seductive smile grazed my lips as I bare witness to that of a butcher...something that even excited my unbecoming form that Mother presented me in. Cold fingers slowly cracked and curved to life as I raised my arms and hands towards the male figure. In the process, a deep beet from mothers heart livened up the pale texture of the skin with what once might have been life. I gazed deeper into his eyes, my smile remained fixed as I whispered.

Wilting while I waited here without will to weather wrathful woes...wrought with worrisome withdrawal...without he whom I worship...so I weaken in winter winds.

In the moment, I stood...deeply faceted in Mother's healing miracle.

...but...now you're here...and I am real gone over you...all over again...my darling...am I still your Lockheart?

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:39 pm
That eye, just that one eye glanced into the fibers of the body that became more human and lively before him. His muscles tensed as he fought his immediate urges to spill blood. Blood spilt before the sands below as the barbed wire wrapped upon his limbs penetrated muscle tissue, soaking through the bandages wrapped around his body. Hollow breathes continued as the woman before him drew a hand towards him, as he flinched, retreating just out of reach of her. Growls with twitches of his head tilting on its side became the primary motion of his. Her eyes bore beyond the faceplate that covered all features of his; looking beyond the fact no eye sockets were made. However, the voice, he knew the voice belonged only to one.

“L-Lock…” He barely uttered.

That word felt so familiar. What was Lockheart? He couldn’t remember. It infuriated him. His breathing accelerated as that one word repeated in his mind like a spreading wildfire. It made his urges all the more ideal. With an aggressive lunging step forward, Purgatory reached out to grip the woman by the throat, with the intent to just barely dig his boned fingertips into her neck, just enough to break the just regrown skin to allow blood to flow. A lung forward that easily could push her into a backward stepped retreat from his sudden behavior.

“LOCKHEART!”

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:Contact was eventual, everything leading up to this moment was eventual. I could feel the heartbeat resonating through my bones. There was so much purpose to steadily wind the coil around such an unusual creature. How long had it been since the last Child of Blood Well was obtained? I could barely remember. This by far was the most elaborate device to obtaining a creature so feral...however...after taking careful note of the figure for so long, I could understand the purpose of my role in the skin of such a prominent figure of Lockheart's life. And yet...this face...this body...this puppet was nothing more than what it appeared. It was apparent even without emotion to see...he had not seen this face in more lifetimes than most dare to live.

I listened with a listless stare upon Lockheart...something about his breathing made the actual act of his lunge more realized. My smile almost became euphoric as the feral creature lunged towards my placement. And with his movements, I did just the same, however...my steps back were much more violent, as though taking the brunt of the violence whilst falling backward. At my side, both arms were relaxed, the boned fingertips created such an array of bliss...the dark liquid that crept over my neck danced over the tips of his fingers.

My eyes closed as both arms wrapped tightly around Lockheart. A violent piercing sound of metal and flesh was deathly apparent as a massive hook swung from beyond where I stood and dissipated into the sand behind. Only a whisper was uttered as the metal chain clashed against metal, the sound of hundreds of thousands of cogs began to turn. My body flew backward as I pulled my lover into the rapidly shifting room. There was a notable latching and a loud sheering sound as the room they stood in began to lose color and composure. The sun danced between its motions through the sky...and ended up eventually burning out. What sand used to be at their feet had blown away, revealing a dark floor that reflected no light. Eventually...the entire room filled with night, and then finally, the absence of everything. A continual sound of cogs turning was notable, however, those were not found anywhere within this room. Its size was possibly small, and yet...the walls felt so distant.

My whispers lingered in the air as though they would echo forever.

...welcome home...my Lockheart.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm
The body language of the creature seemed to change drastically. Events unfolded against his will, and when he had finally realized, it was far too late. His grip tightened as the complex workings of this new space enclosed him within. Once again, he felt deceived as his head lurched to and fro to find a way out. With the one eye, that one eye he was finding there was no way out. Shoving the woman away from him, he lurched about with his gaze frantically changing as he faded away in the blink of an eye. He was nowhere in sight, even to those who did not need light to see.

When he reappeared, he clashed against the pitched black wall that trapped him within. Violently he clashed against the wall fruitless to breaking through. Again, he would disappear and reappear elsewhere, smashing into another wall facing. It was like watching a child have a fit when they did not get what they wanted. It didn’t take long before Purgatory realized his efforts were fruitless. Much like any of the deceit he was placed under, there was someone wanting something. Looking back to the woman, even in the dark, he waited, now calming down, to see what it was that he was trapped in here for.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:It was for but a moment, a loud pop that shook the foundation of the Zorren Cube, it twisted the very fabric of the space provided as the cogs once again turned and twisted and became dimmer and dimmer as the space between them became foreign. The room shifted into a flat, somewhere in an unnamed city, the furniture was not lavish in any way...but it had style...it had heart. The moon was nowhere to be seen, possibly a summer storm was brewing outside. A gentle rain tapped upon the windows.

Laying along a sofa in front of Purgatory, I stared with dark eyes as he seemed to lose that aggression...that rage that stirred inside him. I smiled to my Lockheart, reading him in only a way that this body seemed to know.

...have you lost interest in me already my darling?
...was our life not grand and full of jazz?

The body moved and my form followed suit. I stood up and looked across the room past the creature that was Purgatory, as if evaluating his form.

...you know...my darling...I've been lookin for you for a long time...
...so much...that needs to be done...
...don't you think?

This world that formed...whether it was real or not in his past was impossible to say...but I was going to live my role through as the Zorren Cube twisted the space around them.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm
Purgatory’s gaze saw through the deceit that surrounded him, however, at this point, even for something as feral as him, he understood that he was in no position to make any change to benefit him. Instead, he had to accept the fate that he was stuck here until this figure got what she wanted. Purgatory was being forced to think for himself once more. It was such a long time since he had to. He gazed at the woman with the only thing he knew, the voice, the only soothing thing to him for as long as he could remember. A part of him felt timid because of it, but uneasy with the obvious deceit he saw around him. What was it that this figure before him wanted him for? It had been so long that he had the need to utter anything other than grunts, growls, and moans.

“W-who,” he uttered, struggling to retrace his memories of speech. It was faint, as the sheer effort to think how to speech displeased him, forcing him to his knees as he grew frustrated. His spine cracked as he stiffens up in his efforts. “w-who…”

Clawing at the ground, he contorted and twisted his neck with a great struggle. “A-are…” he mustered with his efforts. Why was it such a struggle for him to speak at this moment? Was it beyond him for it was so long that he needed to actually think for himself?

“You,” he finally was able to verbalize. It was the first time in a long time that Purgatory felt a pain he did not enjoy.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:There was a slight pause to the movement of our conversation. I stared quietly upon the creature as the world around them remained in this constant loop. The rain tapped against the windows as it grew violent. With each second, the pane of glass rattled more and more. My expression faded into a somewhat saddened view as I watched the creature the creature.

With a single hand, I leaned against the couch and rested for a moment as each imperfection upon the skin became less and less. This body was nearly completed in terms of Mother's attempt to rebuild a body from the endless stream of her Heart. I pressed off the couch after contemplating and walked a bit closer to him, kneeling down closer as I whispered.

...you know who I am...I see it in your eyes darling.
I've been on your mind for awhile.

I smiled to the creature before I whispered.

I am the rock to your mountain, I am the rose to your thorn, I am the roof to your house, I am the ripple in the rain.
...say my name lover.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm
The words she spoke seemed to fill him with a bit of vigor as his body tensed up when she spoke. That face that he struggled to remember, plaguing his mind as he struggled. Violently, the creature clawed at the surface of the plate on his face as he searched for its edges. He took little concern to the fact that the plate was bolted to his head as he aggressively pried it from his head. His spine tingled from ecstasy created from the pain he afflicted to himself. The bolts held strong, giving struggle to pull the plate form his face, but when it finally gave away, the bolts shot outwards to unknown destinations within the space made for them. With it, the plate had become free as it dropped to the ground with a loud thud. The inside of the plate had various sized protrusions that surely would have embedded themselves into his face.

A look at what was beneath was both a surprise and not. A deformed and grotesque remnant of what a face could be was revealed.

“Eyes!”

The words seemed to urk the creature as he revealed his one and only eye. The right eye socket very clearly appeared as though his skull and remaining tissue on his already decaying face was violently torn at before the right eye had been removed. The entirety of his face lacked skin all together, only puss and torn or decayed insides remained on his face. There weren’t even so much as any eyelids for his one still functioning eye.

The thought of eyes triggered something within his mind as he muttered just barely audible words,

“That eyes, just that one eye! Do you not see it?”

Struggling to speak, his voice crackled making what he said indistinguishable for a moment before he continued on more,

“It beckons just out of eyes reach!”

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:A few feet was all that remained between them. I stood with a subtle smile upon my lips as the creature spoke his word. The closer I positioned myself the more I listened as a familiar phrase echoed through memory. My eyes slightly focused upon the creature, his disgustingly pure face...there was an intensity to each word that was uttered.

The room shifted without a moment's notice, changing the setting to that of a mortuary. Dark candles littered the space of chairs and stained windows. There was a casket, bolted shut with similar bolts which moments ago clung to the creature's face. My eyes were still piercing into him as I held a notable candle, its flame was small and dying. The remnant body I wore shimmered in a gown made of white, there was red protruding...growing...staining the surface from unseen wounds as that notable liquid began to glide down the walls and soak the carpet on the floor.

I knelt down as close to him as I could, gently holding the candle up as I blew into its flame. It flickered for a brief moment...and then every candle in the room extinguished.

There was a pause as the sound of trickling liquid filled the room and the space beneath. My presence seemed to falter for a moment...but then I spoke quietly.

...you made a choice...long ago, lover.
...you left me...listless.
...and now...I forgive you...but need you more than ever...

...do you not desire the company of your Roxanne?

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm
The monsters breathing had become more sharp, struggling to maintain any composure as memories once lost had finally began to resurface. The fluctuation of his very presence began to press up against the very confines of the Zorren Cubes walls, testing the might of its containment.

“NO!”

He shouted as he repeatedly struck the ground with his fists.

“Y-You! Left. ME!”

The creature increasingly got furthermore intense, the pain he afflicted upon himself becoming an ever growing influence to the already thickening air within the confines of the cube. Grunts of anguished filled the space as he violently thrashed about like a child having a tantrum. Memories filled his head, remembering all the things that Father had him do and all the torture that he endured. It was that one eye that haunted him before he became what he was today, and just like that, something seemed to snap for him.

He withdrew from his violence almost immediately. Standing on its feet, lethargically, it whispered out,

“You died… And left me alone in the world.”

The intensity of his aura had begun to fade, taking its pressure against the walls away. It could not be certain if he had continued this, if the cube could have shattered. But that was not what mattered. This creature, Purgatory, had reached back far enough in his long lost memories to realize what he once was, a man named Alfred Lockheart. This part of his mind had been trained to be shut down as he was forced to become an agent of death at the command of an entity that now no longer existed, Father.

View user profile

on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 pm
@Descendants of Blood Well wrote:Time was of no measurement within the confines of the walls which kept the two. A minute, hour, day, or year was meaningless. The universe passed them in silence, and to where they stood a still and lingering darkness met the outburst of the creature, his intensity flooding the gaps between.

The silence of the cube remained as the luminous moonlight fell over both Purgatory and me. I remained still within arms distance, my dark eyes were fixed to the creature and his conscious act of being something more than prior. Words, connected and fluid met the skin I wore. A callous smirk was worn within my being, however, the body of Roxanne did not show any such feature.

Your 'Roxy' never left you.

An echo seemed to flood the space of the cube as the empty force had receded the hollow chamber. My voice was gently cutting the still moments.

My voice brought you back to me.

View user profile

on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 pm
Flesh reveled across his body, contorting and rippling as they rapidly tore and repaired themselves in the fluctuation of pain and power. The creatures’ body became hard and unmovable as he remained still. He no longer looked confused in his posture. In fact, it only appeared as though he was looking for thoughts to put to words. His breathing regulated even though his body was constantly being shred and put back together, leaving his body in a vicious cycle of destruction and creation. Slowly, after some time being motionless, the creature motioned its face to look towards the one that looked to be Roxanne.

With the one eye he bore, he looked to her intently. His breathe tempered with control for the first time in centuries. He wanted to say something, but struggled with using his words again. He strong body, even though it was constantly in the state of decay, could not muster the strength to produce the words he sought to use.

“Y-you…”

He managed to speak, with only a short pause in between before he continued on with an almost exhausted sounding voice. It had been so long since he spoke this much,

“brought me back?”

There was no look of confusion or questioning. Other than the fact he had almost no skin left on his face to even express facial emotions, he no longer knew how to express it in that way. He took a deep breathe once more, as though sighing. It was a question to wonder, was he sighing for something, or was he not aware what that implied?

“Why did you bring me back? What do you want?”