View previous topicGo downView next topic
Head of Community
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/ShatteredRealityStudios/

Afterverse RP: City Varlus - Main City for THE CHOSEN

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:14 am

[~|~]It has been one week since the creation of all. In this time we've learned much about our new home, this After-Earth. The hours within a day are thirty-eight, double suns allow for longer hours of daylight, and having four moons is truly a spectacle at night. Here at the main city of Varlus were are surrounded by the different massive rocks mostly made of Balddarakk (Metal that absorbs abnormal levels of light) and a bit of Dumaskus (magical metal that contains light inside it) and Escudo (powerful metal that bonds with living organisms, growing in strength as its use does). Much of Varlus is created from these ores giving it a stunning glow at night. Varlus itself is built into and around a mountain allowing for the first week of discovery to be quite exciting. The studies of these new ores has brought forth an advance breakthrough in creating new alloy's. This accompanied with the advanced technology given to us from THE6 has opened so many doors for us as the New Humanity.

Here now, within the ninth hour of the second sun NOL goes about his business of documentation of the outer boarders. His attire is that of "B-class" exterior officer even though he's been authorized and approved for "A" and even lower "S-class" assignments. NOL has refused the promotions for the freedom behind the "B-class" status favors him more. Threaded is Slimorite (Metal with an extremely high tinsel strength and cloth like) wardrobe, NOL carries with him strapped on his back his newly enhanced golden staff made from Bright SteelDumaskus, Irokane, Star Iron with one end having a ruby colored stone embedded into it and the other side a jade one. His utility belt held four pouches on it, each carrying different items to aid him, as well as his holster with gun.

With all his belongings ready he walks through the city still chewing on a meal he recently finished. His thoughts were on nothing in particular; for he has discovered that leaving himself open to the wonders of this world has always brought a smile to him. NOL has planned on venturing out beyond the safe zone on this day. He longed to explore more of his new world, this world from which he was CHOSEN for. Only a few more blocks until reaching the northern gate. A smile slowly appears as his approaches.[~|~]

Re: Afterverse RP: City Varlus - Main City for THE CHOSEN

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 am
"Wait by the gate he says.....you need to help NOL he says.....be a good ecologist Ophelia.......god I hate that I can't say no......" I mumbled to myself as I waiting near the gate. I stood around watching for Officer NOL to appear. I left to arrive here pretty early as to not miss him, also I don't really know if my commanding officer let him know I was going to be assisting. "Mom!!!" "Oh god" "I wonder if he will give me a deal on these?" I shook the thoughts from my head with little concentration. Being a psychic has its advantages and disadvantages and only few know of my abilities.

"I wonder where Officer NOL is?" I muttered to myself, gaining all sorts of awkward looks from the passersby. I was known for being a little "weird" and apparently I was living up to that expectation. My commanding officer has repeatedly told me to stop talking to myself among other things, I get easily distracted. "Maybe he already left and walked out the gate?" I pondered this and decided that was impossible. "Maybe I should wait outside the gate?" I again started talking to myself earning even more awkward stares from everyone. "hehehehee" I embarrassingly chuckled knowing I look completely insane. Oh well I am damn good at my job and that is all that matters, an ecologist with a background in medics.

I saw a man fitting Officer NOL's description and started to feel relief that I can stop standing here looking like an idiot. As he drew closer to the northern gate I stood before him with my belongings, all fitting into one bag, and introduced quite energetically and happily. "Hi there Officer NOL, Ophelia Elanora Ravenheart at your service.....I was sent from another Officer to assist you!" With a giant smile on my face and very girly pose I let my presence known to NOL.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 am
KLEPTONECRAMORA!!!

Shouted in the most ear-shattering of screams, reminiscent of a EUREKA...in science terms. However...this this was the Lord Science's work being done. A small figure, previously hunched over the corner of the city block was now jutted up in a fully upright posture with a fist-full of colorful weeds. The manic state of utter insanity plastered to her face. Of course...now facing in the way of NOL as he passed the "wrong" block. There was a subtle distance to what was before her and what was not. Most people at this point would have attempted to back away...it was too bad that she was now staring upon NOL and the grin upon her face only grew larger.

OH...MY...GOODNESS...IS IT NOT RICHARD!? MY FRIENDO!?

With one skip forward she was mere inches away from NOL as he stood now. Being this close only made the insanity all the more manic upon her face.

...REMEMBER ME!? IT'S GINGER! YOUR FAVORITE BOTANIST!

With a subtle stare to the weeds in her hand she quickly brought it to his face.

And this here...this right here is KLEPTONECAMORA! But my little pal-name for it is Grinsom Weed.
Didja know it is more poisonous than cyanide when ingested and has similar effect to ricin on steroids!?

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 am
At first, the idea of being a chosen and leaving behind everything you knew behind to live a life on a new frontier seemed more than frightening. For Alfred “Alfie” Atkinson, it was no different. It took some adjusting to his new settings, but after he found work with one of the main officers from the arc, he was able to distract himself from his feeling of home sickness. Not that he could go back even if he wanted to. To his understanding with the word that went around, the world he knew before was no more. All he could do was move forward regardless.

With a quick pace down the street heading towards the primary exit from the city, Alfie found himself crossing paths with his employer, Nathaniel. However, his employer seemed to prefer to go by NOL. He never questioned it. After all, his name was Alfred but preferred to be called Alfie. Alfie approached NOL with various papers in hand, soon walking beside him. Adorned in a blue militant looking jacket, something he had earned through the job that permitted him acknowledgement to leave the confines of the city, he strode looking over the information through the papers he possessed. He would flap over a yellow and black striped cloak that covered only the left side of his frame, he would pull up a bit of information that he had found important.

“Aight, gaffer mate. I got a bit of the good news and the bad. A bit of the good, that doofer f'at we were studying in the mines. We were able to get to it. It took all night to get to it, but we got to it. Now the bad news, and I mean, don’t get miffed about f'is, but when we took a crack at it, a down right git of a nob offed 'imself in the worse of ways,” he explained as the two were drawing closer to the exit to the city. Continuing to read off of the information on his sheets, “Apparently, f'at ore we were tryin' for was on the unstable side. The blasted ore down right ripped a new one in those mines killing roughly nine or so numpties. A lot of our equipment in that part of the mines are damaged beyond repair or buried in the rubble. By my conclusion, we may be dealing with some ores f'at are unstable under certain environments.”

By the time he had finished his analysis of the mines, they had made it to the gate out, being met with two other individuals that seemed to have also been employed by NOL. One of two individuals sounded a bit on the official side, though posture was way off, whilst the other sounded like some nut case over some grass. Directing himself to the woman with the plants bundled into her hands, “Lass, you knees up over f'at stuff or somef'in'?”

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:18 am
[~|~]Bliss and peace are suddenly challenged with the arrival of the male named Alfie. He approached NOL first, speaking on the news of the ore sites and the hazards that has taken place. Alfie wasn't of any importance to NOL for he is just another face in the crowd. NOL would have completely forgotten him by now if not for the fact Alfie tends to also approach him. Given NOL's true rank doesn't help; Alfie was present the day NOL chose not to accept it. NOL cared not of the excavation nor there outcomes. That particular overseeing was something forced upon in order to gain access to his exterior licences as well as to keep himself from being locked within the A-Class system. The majority of Alfie's words were ignored and what little that was heard was quickly forgotten. NOL does nothing more than a nod accompanied with an agreeing grunt. All NOL's interests were in his venturing objective for this day and there were plenty of others that can and will deal with Alfie's little issues.

NOL's pace upon reaching the Northern Gate is brought to a halt by two weird women. Polar opposites yet both truly annoying; the bliss and peace once felt is now completely shattered. "The Hell?! Get that outta my face!" NOL aggressively expressed while brushing his left arm out and moving the plant from his face. This first women was definitely an odd one. NOL didn't think she was even speaking to him at first since she didn't call him by his name. It took a moment after the random appearance and confusion before NOL was able to recognize this crazy women. Introducing herself as Ginger, NOL had to place the name with a rather odd and crazy incident back on THE6 Mother-ship. There was a female Chosen botanist that created something rather terrifying that Lady Eri and her 3 Prime Selected had to deal with. Realizing that this is probably the same women, and that she was carelessly waving and almost brushing some strange unknown plant life in his face caused him to take two steps back in defense. "Ok, you just.... stay over there. Um? And you...." NOL's focus remained on Ginger even though there is another female present.

This female was easily forgettable if not for the fact she called NOL, "Officer NOL?!" Just the sound of it disgusted him. NOL was never big on formalities and he especially hated them for himself. "Yeah, could you never call me that again." With a quick glance and hearing her words, NOL came up with his own conclusion for this younger female; "annoying". A singular thought and at this present moment, glancing at all three of them once more, it is his final thought of all three of them.

Disgusted to the point his left eye twitched, NOL sighs heavily as his vocals change to a rather lifeless and aggressive tone. "I don't need this. Alfie, don't worry. Someone else will deal with it. YOU! Orphan, Oppa, Whatever. Listen, I need no help. And you, Ginger right? My name is NOL and that's sooo fascinating, however I'm busy on my own assignment and will be out for a couple days. Now, if you excuse me." Saying his piece, NOL begins to walk again passing both of the females and towards one of the guards of the gate. NOL reaches for his I.D. pass from his left frontal pouch showing it to the guard. The guard look at it, then at NOL before asking him, "Is it just you going out?"[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:19 am
Although troubled by the sudden suggestion that she was *gasp* under some form of influence was unbecoming of a Biologist, as proposed by the medical examiner...or a petologist...or whatever kind-of person studies...rocks...

She spoke firmly and strictly to the velvety blue pompadour that waltzed next to the amazing and awesomely coolio friendo of hers, NOL.

Roosevelt!? Is that you, friend!?
DONCHA KNOW MEDICINAL IS MEDICINAL.

Short term memory loss has not a thing on, Ginger.

No words could have sounded more closely to the feral and blood hungry bat that was Ginger. Although the several scenarios towards her meeting with NOL had not gone as according to plan...she was certain the next several would go just as expected. So she spoke quickly to NOL as her amazing plant discovery was debriefed in the most professional of manners. Picking it up off the floor and holding the multi-colorful weeds close to her chest. Ginger snickered darkly before NOL dismissed each and every one of those friends that came to visit the boss man.

It was only as NOL approached the gate and provided security clearance that the screeching vampire voice of hers resounded once more.

WE GET TO GO OUT FOR A COUPLE DAYS!? WHERE ARE WE HEADED, NORMAN!?

The glee was practically giddy off of Ginger as she slowly crept up to NOL at the gate, the look of unbounded bliss fastened to that devilish grin she wore. Although older, she maintained a youthful incompetence towards being old. As well, she was an avid believer in adventure murder mysteries on alien planets.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:20 am
The response from what he assumed to be the towns equivalent to the crazy cat lady, but with weeds, Alfie would place his hand over his hand as he sarcastically stared at her as if he were into some deep thought. His gesture, very blatantly sarcastic as he pretended to behave as if what she was saying was somehow thought provoking in some way. “Right Lass,” he would say with a bit of a pause as he motioned his hand away from his mouth, almost off handedly pointing in her general direction as he leaned in slightly, “Na before you go faffin’ ‘bout as a down right berk, blessed tha souls f’at call ye muvvah. Ye say medicinal, but we know that be the Persian rugs ye be grippin’ so ta’ghtly.”

It wasn’t until NOL had basically turned down any words that he had previously discussed and began walking away towards the gate until he realized that NOL was trying to skip out on his responsibilities. “Na mate, you just hold up a bit. Do’n ye be goin’ off like a four by four leavin’ me with this three wheelah.”

Alfie would follow after NOL as he pulled out an official looking slip and stood between the guard he was speaking to and NOL as he leaned in towards NOL, “Na ye know ye been contracted to work this. Na don’ be like a swiss bankah sort of bloke, and do what the highah ups be commandin’ ye ta be doin’. Less you want me to tell this guard the business here. Ye know, lose ya stripe, lose all ‘at ores ye be struttin’ ‘bout wit’. No more goin’ out fur ye. Know what I be sayin’, ya?” As he leaned back to an upright position, in an almost condescending way, he would shrug his shoulders a bit almost as though he were waiting for a response.

After that "rough and abrupt" toss aside manner, I was simply astounded by his brashness. It was refreshing, somehow it made me feel a little mischievous. I watched NOL move forward towards the guard I saw that pompous ass "strut" towards him speaking in that undecipherable language. Guaranteed he was a gentleman in all cases, but I know better especially since I can hear thoughts. He is one arrogant, shit talking, sipping tea because the queen does it ass....but that's what makes him interesting.

It had been a few minutes till I realized I had been mumbling to myself and others around me started whispering in confusion and simple entertainment. I shook off the thoughts of those around me and happily skipped towards the gate, handed the guard my papers and did a quick graceful turn towards NOL. "Well sir I shall see you outside....oh and don't try and run away." I tapped my head on the temple playfully with my index finger, a coy smile across my face appear as I did the motion. "I will always know where you are.......kidding!" With a hop into the direction of the now open gate I skipped outside and found a place to wait for NOL and the other two to come along.

[~|~]So much noise; the amount of nonsense NOL is having to deal with in such a short time is trying his patience. His heavy sigh and lowered head is all that was needed showcasing his absolute disgust of the three present. Ophelia passed NOL exiting the situation with full intent on accompanying him, Ginger is practically hanging on him, and Alfie wasn't budging. Returning his I.D. card, NOL took the form from Alfie as his head lifted slightly answering the guard, "There shall be four of us going." NOL's attention then focuses on Alfie as his hand holding the form ignites in a light erasing the papers before his eyes. "As for you Alfie, do not EVER attempt to threaten me or my rank. I know quite well exactly my authority, my limitations, and duties from which and whom I need answer to. Don't forget your place." Saying his part NOL stepped around Alfie and continued pass the guard and out the gate. Once outside NOL noticed Ophelia awaiting his arrival and no doubt his orders. An irritated glare is all NOL would greet her with recalling her playful words and action upon exiting the gate; something NOL took note of and will never forget. Outside NOL continued to walk showing that these three will need to keep up or get left behind. His silence remained until close to ten yards out. His pace never slowed, for it was matching that of a simply drill march. "I am not fond of carrying dead weight, that being said if you have any objections I'd suggest turning back now within the safety of the city walls. My assignment is pass the Safety Zone meaning the wild. This also means death to anyone not capable to defend themselves or properly assess a situation. Should something happen to you I shall simply write it off that you weren't fit and being a CHOSEN was obviously a mistake."[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:21 am
Only a moment had passed as Ginger stood there, her unorthodox method of twisting the deadly Grinsom Weed through her fingers was only the metaphorical beginnings to what adventures awaited them. However, such sarcasm as shown by her "rocktologist" had to be addressed in the form of some friendly information. So she spoke bluntly with a smile to Alfie...

Just letting you know, Jason, the plants with the blue thorns...kill...in the most horrible and painful of ways.

Slowly, Ginger pulled a disconcerting black industrial gas mask over her face. The breathing apparatus sprung to life as lights and dials began moving over the exterior and interior. Though unnoticed prior and probably still to this moment, Ginger wore a super thin, skin tone glove (The color of pale whiteness) that maintained extreme durability and resilience to the elements, giving her more confidence in handling the most harmful of flora. In one hand she held a journal with the hand-written title, "The Most Deadly", in the other...she dragged a mobile, floating, botanist station which held a variety of tools and trinkets and vials of liquids and powders that not many probably dared to touch...let alone study.

Ginger was ready to go. And to be aware of the breathing apparatus she wore...although unnecessary to begin with, the level of unnecessary is heightened as the system is a silent flow mechanism...and yet she intends fully to make sure to add the appropriate unnecessary sounds...

*cusshhhd* Roger dodger, Steven!!! *cusshd*

Instead of running off next to NOL, Ginger immediately gravitated to a plant that looked exactly like Grinsom Weed, however, she stated in that ear-shattering, bat-esque, screech of hers...

HIBERNECROGRES!

Tearing the similar weed out of the ground with a metal arm and stuffing it into a vial on the mobile station...leading her to quickly skip back neck to NOL with a hidden grin upon her masked face.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 am
There was a slight grin on Alfies face as NOL walked around him and out of view after he had heard that the four of them were going to be on leave outside the gates. In all technicality, Alfie did not need NOL at all. He did not even need him to leave the gates. Being an independent contractor as a geologist on this new planet, hired by whoever it was that exactly ran this city. Alfie himself really did not know much of them or their name, only that he was being provided more privileges than the others. However, regardless of Alfies often abrasive personality, he was very serious about his work. He was assigned with NOL since Alfie was in no way combat capable.

As he pulled out from beneath his jacket, there was a new unscathed duplicate of the contract that NOL had previously incinerated. If it was one thing that Alfie had learned in his many years, it was that he had to keep multiple copies of any contract he took on. There were too many people in his days that tried to screw him out of honoring a contract. So, when NOL threatened him, no matter how capable he was over Alfie, he was in no way thrown off by it. There were enough power fed individuals in his day that had threatened him.

As he turned to face where NOL had walked, he would be quick to catch pace. After all, he has spent majority of his time out in the new frontier. It has kept him on guard and alert to the potential dangers. He had almost forgotten about the daft narcotics woman, well, at least until he had witnessed her carrying about a botanical hover wagon. Technology and engineering was not his forte, however, he could have sworn he was talking to a man back on the arc who was theorizing blueprints for such a thing. Couldn’t quite remember his name, however; Matt, Mathew, Martial, Manny? Alfie couldn’t really quite remember. What he did know about the dude was the guys limp and very strong German accent.

Placing the papers back into his jacket, he would catch back up to NOL, listening to his lame speech about life and death out in the wild. By his experience, even if it were only about a week, he spent most of his time out here studying the minerals of this planet, which were found both incredibly powerful and incredibly dangerous. Albeit, the few minerals found thus far, NOL seemed to have taken the liberty of taking away majority of the samples and adorning them to himself, giving him very little samples to test all of their properties. For all Alfie knew, especially after the experience with the last mineral found, NOL was a walking, ticking bomb.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 am
I nodded as I walked hearing everything around me. The planet had its own voice and it was wonderful. Then I heard NOL state that if we were weak we should turn back. I looked at NOL as he stated so and I walked past him with a smile on my face and use my power to make my self rise in the air with every step. I turned back towards the group. "Well if you read my file you would see that I can take "care" of myself." I stated and struck a cutesy pose after and lowered myself back to the ground. "If that doesn't convince you." I turned towards a bolder and sent my power to the center of the rock and struck it. From the power it shattered. "See!!!!" I smiled and gave a peace sign.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:24 am
[~|~]The nonsense continues -- They've only just left the gate and already NOL takes note of Gingers spontaneous actions on the field. There is also the fact she decided to equip and gas mask and was already extracting another plant life. As she approached NOL kept his senses sharpen upon all of Gingers actions. He then noticed the gloves shes wore as well. Being gloved himself, NOL popped his collar up and pulled from under his uniform coat a turtleneck and adjusted it over his mouth and nose while addressing Ginger, "Be careful with your findings Ginger. We don't want any random outbreaks of contamination. Our outing has only just begun." NOL made sure to address the wild redhead with a bit more courtesy. It was at that moment the lower class female recruit took it upon herself to showoff. First came the pointless levitation and then the destruction of a random rock. To make matter worse the dumb girl decided to pose as if she was cute and attempted to do one of those lame anime peace signs. The sight brought NOL's movement to a halt with utter disgust accompanied with it. "You truly are as dumb as you look." NOL expressed. Beginning to walk once more he continued with his insults to the rookie, "Manipulation of one's self to defy the hold of gravity is childsplay. It is no more difficult an achievement to a fish swimming in water. Destroying an inanimate object doesn't show power either." NOL stops walking for a moment and glares at Ophelia continuing, "I'd suggest you stop with this annoying tough act. I can read right through you and disappointment is all I've seen. I did not read your file because you're nothing to me. I can probably sum up why you're here in the first place. Whomever your mentor is most likely saw this as an opportunity to get rid of useless trash. The fact you're a CHOSEN is probably due to the fact someone else was chosen and you just happened to be related to them. Levitation pssh. A brief mental psyonic projectile blast, give me a break." NOL began to walk towards Ophelia and continued speaking, "You claimed that you'll know my thoughts. Go ahead. Try and peak into my mind little fly. You're not on that level of skill nor power to achieve such an act. By the time this mission is over, if you survive, you'll learn your place in the universe. You'll learn that you are not strong and you are not Chosen." NOL turned from Ophelia heading north once more. If she attempted to read his mind she would be greeted with a mental whiplash of intense pain due to the protections NOL has over his psyche.

NOL said nothing else as his pace increased to a power walk. The first place the group must pass are these rocky plains filled with then different ore that floats around the city. It will take another thirty minutes  before reaching The Apliph Falls. from there there is a small forest and beyond that The Stone Trails of Hthile. After passing that they'll reach the end of the safety zone where they'll have to pass the Keplie Hout Pass.[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:25 am
*CUUUUSHHD*
*CUUUUUUUUUSHHHHD*

Ginger thoroughly enjoyed this apparatus to which she relied upon for life-support. Her fingers twisted against the metallic handle of her floating station. With a tilt of her head and a smile, Ginger responded under her breath to the very talented and amazingly skillful NOL.

Of course not, Johnathan...random outbreaks are for the unskilled...controlled outbreaks are for the progressive.

Without so much as a warning, she watched from afar as NOL verbally assaulted the prideful prina. With notebook parted, Ginger began to scribble in the very secretive pages, as though taking notes at a lecture. Of course during this time in doing so, she laughed at the appropriate pauses and sobbed during those heart-felt points of tension. Ginger was definitely one for the theatrics of the world.

Defying the basic instinct towards what many assumed was a breach of safety...Ginger leapt onto her mobile station, removing from its compartments a controller, one to which began hovering forward as NOL seemed dead set on pursuing some agenda they were on or something. So...she did what she did best as they began their travels.

Microcerbectiflomora - Small flowers that possess a harsh acidicism to their leaves. The petals can be crushed down and used as a numbing agent with a few side-effects.
Terrodeffus - Large purple vines with lavender thorns. Can be used as a sleeping agent during midnight, or can be used as a form of deadly-nightshade at all other hours of the day/night.
Emurorcillus - A red leafy-lettus that causes everything or nothing, just depends on how it's cooked.
Feteolobin - Black bark that grows on and over the dead, trapping and accumulating odors of the dead to make its own.
Hypoillorium - A luminous barbed plant that craves warm targets to skewer and devour, only becomes active during the night.
Lausterest - Although known as a sobering agent, the method for doing so creates the symptom of extreme stupidity before achieving the desired end.
Macenoxin - A berry bush that causes severe allergic reactions even in those that do not possess allergies to said bush.

Reaching a point upon later briefing...
And finally... Ecleptogrethartyaptomarithina - I think it does something for addiction...I forget what though...

Each and every "new" discovery was snatched up and placed "securely" into the floating station that Ginger sat upon. Her excitement literally brimming from such a sheer amount of new flora and shrubbery. She made sure to stare from behind the mask at each of her traveling companions as if to give off the aura of the excessive potential the new find might have.

...*cuuuuushhhhd*...score...*cuuuuushd*...

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:25 am
I always loved to keep my superiors annoyed it kept them from asking me to do much other than my own job. Though I find NOL to be aggressively interesting. His demeanor, his condescending attitude and his way of authority. Though from the whisper within his mind I see there something more. "Hmmm...." I hummed to myself as I placed a my hand on my hip and issued a salute to our commander. "Okie dokie sir!!!" I wasn't really phased by his "insult" being who I am you learn to live with it and complacently ignore it.

"So where to O' Cappytan?" I said with a joyful sound in my voice. Looking to Ginger our biologist/botanist I smiled and twirled close to her and stated in a calm voice "Ecleptogrethartyaptomarithina there was talk of using that plant to cure one of our more detrimentally dire patients in the medical ward. Are you perhaps working with them to find a said cure?"

Not really giving her time to respond I glided by Alfie our more amusing team member. I stood next to him and whisper in his ear "With all those male M names you would think one would trigger that memory. Also yes NOL is I can only scratch the surface of his mind but I am scared but intrigued to further see whats in there.....but out of respect I dare not....." My voice was more of my serious tone, the side of me no one really sees. I looked to him with a coy grin that spoke mischief but stuck my tongue out and said "just joking." I spun back to my original spot where I was walking as the three of us followed NOL and was waiting to "hear" what life has been gifted to this world of ours.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 am
“Are ye daft or somfin’,” blurted out as he stopped twinkle toed mind fuck in her tracks with his leathery gloved hand shoved in her face, pushing her aside like a crumpled up hamburger wrapper. Strutting over to the now crumbled boulder, Alfie would pull out from his pack a self-filtering gas mask as he strapped it to his head. It wasn’t a pretty looking device with all the technical bits and bobs that worked to pump in fresh air, after all it was a slightly above standard issue of what all the miners he was working with got.

He knelt down to pick away at the broken up rock as he pulled out fragments of a silvery ore with some hints of red emitting from it, the thing that was once embedded into the boulder. A bit more frantic now, Alfie pulled out from his pack what looked to be like some small fragments of ore, one being a bright red, the other a vibrant yellow. He pressed the two into the illuminated ore as the three ores seemed to interact with each other. Toxic fumes escaped into the air as the three seemed to merge into each other. As the fumes cleared up, Alfie dropped the material that seemed to be entirely yellow now. Sizzling sounds emitted from his gloves from the reaction of the three ores as he stood up patting the gloves up together until they cooled down a bit.

“Ha ‘bout ye stay boon wit’ tha toe rag faffin’ bout’ ‘er wagon ‘for ye kill ye self not even ten yards outside the walls ye, Scotch mist radia,” he continued not even looking at the telepath, but instead gesturing a firmly placed middle finger in her direction.

Alfie would continue muttering under his breathe with barely audible sounds occasionally blurting out words loud enough for anyone close enough to hear, all of which were some slang that only another Brit would understand. Looking towards NOL, with a bit of a condescending gesture towards the clump of yellow ore that he just fused and left on the ground, “If ye wonderin’ at all mate, new world gold, have ye’self a grand time at it if ye want. The shyt that was embedded in it ‘for was probably more valuable, but Gumpy here made the blasted stuff unstable.”

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 am
[~|~]There path is clear and for the next twenty minutes NOL remained silent leading the way into and through the rocky plains. It wasn't until another fifteen or so minutes NOL and company should begin to hear the water falling from The Apliph Falls. Lush with vegetation and radiating in beauty; NOL's pace slows to a halt in order to take a moment and enjoy the scenery surrounding him. Taking a slow deep breath in through his nostrils followed with a similar exhale, this small moment of peace almost brings a smile to his face. "Ginger!" NOL shouted back yet continued to face forward away from the other. "Is there anything here you need or wish to take with you? You have ten minutes and then we continue moving." NOL decided to allow the rather odd red-head a brief opportunity to collect any possible specimen. The time limited he knew was needed. A person like Ginger could easily get lost in her findings for hours on end if left to roam freely.

The falls lead into a small forest which they will be crossing next. The plus side being that they will be cutting through the thinner part of it thus avoiding the deeper and more troubling sectors. Even though they are still within the safety zone the forest is still the home of many different creatures and plant-life that could cause harm for NOL and company. Especially for those not equipped for possible combat scenarios. Passing the forest will take only another forty minutes or so and from there the group shall tread upon The Stone Trails of Hthile. The trail wasn't anything special and NOL has ventured there before. Open skies, and rocks will blanket the area and things wouldn't get interesting until reaching Keplie Hout Pass.[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:27 am
For thirty-five minutes or so, Ginger was nothing but scribbles and *cusshhd's* as the mechanical arm of her mobile station continuously collected foliage from the floor and hanging vines. Each page seemed to fly with more haste as she kept up with the collecting rate of her machine. It was unusually silent for the first twenty minutes, and then Ginger began humming in the rhythm of a constant *cusssshhhhd* every four or so seconds. She tilted her head from Ophelia to Alfie. The placid emotionless stare from the breathing apparatus did not shift from Alfie as Ginger grinned towards him and spoke...

*cusshd* Don't you worry, Nathan, I don't take you for granite. *cusshd*

It was in those closing moments that NOL had finally reached a slowed pace which eventually became a halt. Ginger's eyes were extremely wide at this point as the unmistakable urge to venture forward seemed to become a necessity over just a desire. She steadily began to hop up and down faster and faster as her eyes shifted from one part of the scene to the next. The unviewable face of desperation was fairly clear even beneath the mask. And before NOL even mentioned anything about taking ten minutes to herself, she was already de-clothing herself from the layer of attire that she used for this portion of the venture, only keeping on the breathing apparatus as she stripped down to undergarments. The placid white skin covered in random sores and tribal tattoos along her back. She pulled from the station a thick dark suit that she slipped into...it took no more than a second to realize that is was a wetsuit. The hood of the wetsuit covered her head snugly and connected to the mask. Her skin type gloves were replaced by a thick dark pair, and her feet were also unviewable within the water-shoes she wore.

The last item that was removed from the mobile botanist station was some sort of long cylinder that created an on and off whizzing noise. Ginger was at a casual strut as she spoke plainly to NOL...

...ten minutes, got it, Garry. *cusssshhhhhhd*

...one-onethousand *cussshhhd*
...two-onethousand *cusshd*
...three-onethousand *cussshd*
...four-onethousa---

The water rose over Ginger's head rather quickly as she submerged into the unique world presented to her. Many bubbles rose to the surface, at first in great number, then lesser...and lesser...then much greater than before...and then they ceased to rise...

"Hmmm she is a strange one she is....I like her!" I said smiling while seated on the grass beneath the tree sitting upon the hill watching Ginger doing whatever it was she was doing. It was curious to see how she works and the methods of her "research". I don't really understand plants but I understand animals. All because I can read into the minds of those with a brain. She was undressing and about to submerge below the water when I noticed the markings on her back and a few sores. I focused for a second and tried to send a message through her mind "let me know if there are any interesting creatures below the surface!".

I moved my body into a meditation form with my legs crossed and hands facing upwards while my arms rested upon my crossed legs. I let my mind soak in the energy of the area surrounding me. I let my mind see the world in a way that other couldn't and I was searching for any animals near just in case we needed to be prepared. I noticed several small animals and millions of insects but those were common from what I could see in the short range around us there were no large creatures. Unfortunately I could see into the water to see the creature below even with my abilities it is diluted due to the nature and substance of water.

I breathed in slowly and breathed out even slower and continued to search till Ginger came back to the surface.

It was probably the quietest Alfie has ever been in his entire life. Between the short trip between when they left to when they finally met their first stopping point. However, he did not seem to waste any time as NOL stated that a stop would be made. Pulling his bag from his shoulder, he would drop it to the ground in an upright position. Kneeling down he would open its top and reach in deep into the bag, defying the limitations of the bags apparent inner contents. To some who did not know what was going on with his bag, surely questions would be asked. However, he was not about to explain it if it were not asked. A satisfied stop of his body indicated that he found what he was reaching for as he parted his legs more and prepared himself to pull something that was very obviously heavy.

Out form the confines of his bag stretched out to be a rather tall machine. Surely this design was compacted to suit the entry way of his bag. As it completely exited his bag, the machine would expand out with pistons and gears as it wound itself into a wider shape. At first glance it simply looked like a rather large and overly complicated computer with some additional bits and bobs.

As it powered up, he would press at a few buttons as multiple prongs popped out from the machine, driving itself into the ground around him. As he initiated some programing, he would then walk away from it, pulling from his bag a small vile, of which he used to draw some water samples from the body of water that Ginger so eagerly decided to take a dive into. While the machine did its scanning, he would do more ground level work getting various samples of water, rocks, soil, and so forth. Although Alfie normally was very obnoxious, when it came to work, he was a silent hard working man.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:29 am
[~|~]NOL had perched on top of a rock near the falls. Resting on his left shoulder is his golden colored staff with the ruby stoned end closest to his face while the emerald end touched the edge of the large rock. Gazing off unto the distance in a bit of a trance-like state, anyone that looked upon him might have mistaken him to be meditating. This isn't the case. NOL is in direct mental link with Lady Eli the women who discovered him and informed that he is CHOSEN. This link remained hidden from Ophilia all thanks to the added mental blocks place within NOL's mind. With a sudden shift NOL's head lifted a bit as if he has awoken. Gripping his staff in his left hand and standing on top of the rock peering out towards the others accompanying him. "Alright. Times up. Gather your things for we're leaving in three minutes." Leaping down from the rock NOL takes a moment to watch the others. NOL's only concern is Ginger. He hoped she wasn't the type that would space out on a fixed time schedule. This will slow their pace and NOL would then have to regulate all of her actions. An irritation he didn't wish to deal with and wouldn't have to deal with if he was alone. Just the thought brought a scowl to his face. All he can do now is wait and see if she'd arrive on time.[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:29 am
Three minutes sifted by without a hitch. Within that time, the mobile station had been roaming the entirety of the falls, grabbing, pulling, tearing...zapping...and storing findings within the seemingly endless storage of the station. Oddly enough, the station was humming that familiar song that Ginger had been doing so about twenty minutes back. Upon the final seconds of the final minute that NOL had given to the team, the station had stopped collecting and become stationary near the water.

Not a single bubble had risen ever since Ginger had entered the water ten minutes ago. The only sound that was ever-present was the constant flow of liquid over the falls.

Time passed and continued to pass along. Seconds became an eternity and still, the waterfall flowed.

The only thing that changed upon the scene was a subtle discoloration that pumped up to the surface of the water. The notable color of a dark red and vibrant green now rose to the surface from the depths of the large flowing basin. Time would keep ticking as the rest of them waited, Ginger would not be rising to the surface no matter how long they waited.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:30 am
I heard NOL exclaim that we had but minutes to finish up our shit and get moving, his voice only startling me for but a brief moment before I continued to scan the area near and far. About 15 meters to the west was the Fulcana Isolda which is the earth equivalent to a rabbit, but unlike its earth counterpart this has a noxious sac that explodes upon death poisoning the hunter and other around it. Which in any case is dangerous for they travel in hordes. Luckily they are a friendly creature. About 25 meters to the north there are a group of Ursol Rav which similar to a bear except they grow spires from their body when angered and attacked. Usually docile creatures but very territorial and will not stop until either they are dead or you are.

I breathed in for a second to refocus, for the dangerous ones were a bit farther to the east. I could not measure how far they were but these paticular species are very volatile, dangerous and prone to attack at any notice. Being the equivalent to the earths snake they have scaled long bodies and resemble a snake except for one feature, they have several heads per body. There's not much information on this creature except its name Verutos Noxis but all I know is that is not something we want to come across unprepared nor while its with its offspring. Their venom can kill within seconds and their jaws have the strength to rip apart stone.

I breathed out heavily and opened my eyes to see a strange color form on the surface of the water.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:30 am
There was not much else for Alfie to really do shortly into his tasks. For the most part, the entire scanning system was automated. It was his analysis’ that would proceed later down the line, likely later when setting up camp was going to be a thing. That is of course if warden NOL cared to do so. When it came time for everyone to pack up and start getting ready to go once more, according to the warden, Alfie elected to ignore his demands, and instead allow his machine to finish its processing with the materials that it had drilled up from the ground. So much so, he simply leaned against the machine as he pulled out a flask and drink from it. It was the great thing about having military privileges without actually having to be a signed on soldier. It was great for Alfie, who probably couldn’t even win a drunken brawl.

“Mate,” he would say to NOL, “What be up yur arse?”

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 am
[~|~]The due time had been exceeded. The two responsible for these were those unfit for combat situations. The lack of respect accompanied with the sheer irritation and defiance of Alfie. The spacey and irresponsibility of Ginger. These two, though talented in their fields will be the ones to cause calamity thus forcing NOL's hand. With a lowered brow NOL gave a long and deep exhale showing his frustration. With every thought playing out within his mind NOL understood what will need to be done and accept it. Stepping forward now towards the water from where Ginger entered NOL doesn't even bother to look at Alfie while addressing him. "There's about to be a bullet up yours if you don't shut that equipment down ASAP." NOL takes a moment gazing at the water. The changing of colors is interesting though he knew not what it meant. Ginger had yet to arrive and he wasn't keen on diving in after her not know what this substance is. Reaching to his right hip, NOL drew his hand gun and flipped a small practically invisible switch near his thumb all in fluent motion while resting the end of the barrel to his head. "Persona..." NOL said softly while simultaneously pulling the trigger. The gun shot rang out with a loud bang echoing into the distance and startling nearby wildlife into fleeing. NOL's head tilted to his left from the impact but instead of falling dead to the dirt he stood strong without a single mark. No blood and brains to paint the landscape. No carnage, no death. What appeared from seemingly out of him into thin air is a giant monstrosity. Standing nearly ten feet in height yet hunched over, an armored masked humanoid beast. The sound of rattling chains filled the skies from every direct; haunting and chilling a rather evil presence could possibly be felt. Appearing were a multitude of blades. Three feet in length, a half an inch thick, and about three inches in width. Three layers of these blades manifested stacking on top of each other forming wings. Connecting them were the chains which appeared following the blades themselves. All of this attached to the back of this monster NOL summoned. Without saying a word the creature quickly leaps upward and dives into the water to retrieve Ginger. NOL turned from the water and walked towards Alfie to see if he had even bothered to start packing. During this action NOL had flipped the switch again with his thumb. NOL adjusted his aim pointing his gun straight towards Alfie's head. With his finger on the trigger and an icy cold demeanor NOL said, "Furthermore, I'm not your mate. I actually hate you. So please...give me a reason."[~|~]