View previous topicGo downView next topic
Head of Community
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/ShatteredRealityStudios/

Re: Afterverse RP: City Varlus - Main City for THE CHOSEN

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 am
Only a moment passed; a single variant of time. Within that tense and fleeting second...the mobile station made a loud snapping sound as switches and pumps whizzed to life. Something triggered the machine to react, and now it had finally started a process. A thin line of tether wavered from the machine to the water...and before reeling in, a song started playing LOUDLY for the group.

As soon as the soothing lyrics were spit by the mobile station, the reel attached quickly yanked at the water and recalled the line. There was a constant creaking sound as the metal line pulled against what was attached to the opposite end. More and more discoloration seemed to protrude the water, mixing the contents to a murky gray.

~Can you save~
~Can you save my~
~Can you save my heavydirtysoul~

The water ruptured from that deep cloud of gray, revealing a dark wetsuit with breathing apparatus fixed upon the figure of a female botanist. Her arms were hunched over her chest, holding something unseen. A large spear-gun...unbeknownst where it came from was the best way to justify its existence, was firmly grasped in one of her hands that were pressed to her chest. A light breathing came from her as the machine dragged Ginger out of the water. It took a moment, but shortly after the station stopped creaking, she let out an all too familiar sound...

*Cushhhd*
...rodger...reporting in for duddy...

Ginger slowly pulled at her wetsuit, revealing a glowing green orb that pulsed against her chest. It seemed to be breathing. Ginger smirked behind the mask as she pulled off the top, bear skin shown against the light. Three notable groves were embedded in her back from shoulder to opposite waist.

Without a thought, Ginger reached into her mobile station, clicking a button as the song ceased, and claimed from the station an auto-injector, which she casually filled with an orange liquid and a blue powder whilst everyone was there around her. She would inject herself in the neck even if they spoke.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 am
I heard a faint sound coming from the water as the interesting conversation between NOL and Alfie?.....Alttie....Alfred; whatever his name was. It sounded like music. It was very faint almost non existent but I could hear it. 'Well I guess Ginger is alive...." As my thoughts cleared from that point, my attention turned to NOL and the old guy and quite frankly it was amusing. I'm not sure how it started but I do know this was going to be fun. I leaned back and watched at my seat seeing what would happen next.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 am
It was not long before NOL had returned to see if Alfie would have taken down the equipment he was working with. The question was, did he bother to boot the equipment down and pack up, and to no surprise, that answer was no. In his defense, the comment NOL had made prior to looking for Ginger, he didn’t even hear it as he was not paying much attention to things other than the information reading across the monitor of his device. However, what did bring his attention from the monitors read off was the end of a gun, barrel in his general direction. Alfie had just started paying enough attention to just catch what it was NOL was saying to him.

Listening to what he had to say and the threat of a firearm in his face, Alfie seemed rather calm about the matter. He didn’t exactly respond right away as he stared at NOL. Taking a swig from his flask, with the aroma of some sort of whiskey. Standing up from leaning against the device, he would ready himself with the ever delightful engaging conversation with NOL. It was always a pleasure for Alfie, with the utmost sarcasm of that opinion rattling about in his brain.

“Ye see , mate, my contract isn’t exactly with ye. Ye be involved in my contract, ye. Bu’ t’ats along the line of ye protectin’ me. This contraption right ere, It is directly linked with my contractor. Ye know, the big blokes that housed us and shyt. I stop this research, ye bes’ be knowin’ ye gonna be earin’ it from them. Sides, I got only ‘bout two minutes left of analyzing. I stop it now, on the way back Ima have to get it, or completely restart the process. So, let the last bit be done, or yur gonna ‘ave to deal with doin’ it again sooner or later.”

Alfie really didn’t want to have to resample these grounds, because it would have meant extra processing work. To him, that was truly wasting some time. As he leaned back up against the machine doing its work, he pulled out another one of the copies of the contract that regarded his complete safety while he did his work out in the frontier.

[~|~]How annoying as well as arrogant. This man Alfie is nothing more than an irritation asking..or rather pleading for a bullet through the skull. Emerging in a sudden burst from the water is NOL's Persona. It large figure cast a shadow over Ginger creating a blanket of darkness. It spoke no words but would slowly float passed Ginger just a foot behind NOL a bit towards his left. NOL lowered his gun only so slightly and squeezed the trigger grazing his left arm an inch and a half above his elbow. "I told you I'm not your Mate." NOL turned from Alfie taking a few steps toward the north were they were heading. He stopped at a grassy path and spoke once more toward Alfie, "In two minute I'm going to have my Persona finish you should this job not be completed in your estimated time." The haunting shadow that once loomed over Ginger now befell Alfie. The chained link blades adjusted their aim to be directed straight at Alfie. NOL didn't care about the hollow threats Alfie attempted at. He knew a little bit more about many of the "higher ups" and as for The6, there were only an extremely small select few that were able to speak to them now that they've been given this new world. In silence NOL counted the two minutes within his mind simply waiting for the possible end.[~|~]

In Ginger's defense, it was cold and damp down there.

Almost immediately, Ginger was disinfecting the three massive grooves in her back that were notable gashes of some alien nature. A steady process of pulling vials and containers from her workstation and handing them to the mechanical arm that was operating on its own, she was administered a strange yellow powder that filled the crevasses of her back. The machine would then begin to aerate the powder with a filtered whizzing sound that was a botanically enhanced mixture. She was barely focused on the scuffle between NOL and Alfie. In fact, she hardly noticed the summoned Persona...golem...thing...that covered her in shadows and menacingly stared over to Alfie.

It was only when NOL fired off a round that Ginger's head picked up in a simplistic surprise...for a moment...and then returned to the more important task at hand which was the workstation stitching Ginger up. She was holding a jar that seemed to have a substance moving on its own inside when her eyes slowly veered up...noticing this massive metal creature for the first time...Ginger smiled...blinking once...and then *accidentally* she sneezed into the jar...spewing a microscopic multitude of Sevanax seeds onto the outer frame of NOL's persona.

She smiled and whispered.

...scuse me.

The seeds immediately responded in their noted manner by bursting forth into hundreds of thousands of strangling vines. Each vine growing at the rate of six cubic feet a second. It took no more than three to span the monster in a cocoon if thrashing vines. the vines kept growing, covering each inch of wet surface until it touched the floor...to which it made a deep penetrating motion, growing deep and entering the pond's channel. The roots grew over the waterfall and kept growing as Ginger stared at the metal giant.

...She wondered how many seconds NOL got to as Ginger looked over to him, smiling still.

...I think we are safe now, Franklin.
*Cusshhhd*

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:35 am
Two minutes had been more than enough time for Alfie’s device to do its work. The computers processing had giving a little bell sound indicating its completion, with about twenty seconds to spare from his rough estimate that he had given NOL. Must’ve meant there was an empty space below, a cavern perhaps. Something Alfie proceeded to make a quick note of before booting the computer down. Given the advanced technology, that did not take long. It was about on the two minute mark had Alfie processed the device to deconstruct and compact down back into his bag from which it had originally came. By the time it was done and stowed away, it had been about two minutes and three seconds from when Alfie had told NOL his estimate. Which was about as good as it was going to get from Alfie.

All packed up and ready to go, Alfie would hold out an analysis sheet from one of the samples he had taken from the water, “I certainly hope none of you blokes or lasses drank from that water by the way. Vile stuff contains a micro species that by the looks of it, are parasitic.”

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 am
I stopped my meditation and stood up from my cross legged position. I looked about and saw and irate NOL, Ginger doing something and Alfie being himself. I stretched and simply stated. "Ready to go when you all are.....by the way we shouldn't head north there are some adorable but poisonous balls of fluff that explode are that way." I shot a smile at them and awaited for someone to make a command.

Prelude

"Remember us while you are gone, remember that we will always be here for you. The Guild cannot be refused, they will be father and mother to you now, but remember us. We will always love you."

The memory was a bitter one in Lisbeth's mind, but that sadness had grown also into fear. She could no longer remember their faces. For years she had been trained to read the faces of others, recognize emotion in the faintest twitches of muscles in the face. She had tried using this training to look inward at herself, to read her features and find her parents in them. The pain had been too great.

Her days were spent with her tutors, and her nights were filled with lonesome sleep.

"Keep your emotions under control! Your weakness will only get you killed. Gain mastery over your mind, and then you will gain mastery of not only your body but everyone else's."

Lisbeth had been subject to a recent series of conditioning that had been some of the most agonizing to date. Injected with a serum that targeted her nerves and caused extreme pain, she was instructed to hold back all emotion while the pain flowed through her body. "The pain isn't real, master your mind, and the pain will vanish. Cry, and we will do this again tomorrow." It took several weeks of nightly exposure to feel the pain consume her yet hold back all emotion. My body is an animal that can be tamed, the pain isn't real, real is only what I choose to be. Only then had she succeeded.

When Lisbeth had awoken on a spacecraft, confusion was one way to describe how she was feeling. Thinking it a dream, she watched from her window as her world was torn to pieces before disappearing into nothing. The craft she had awoken on flashed away before it too could have been destroyed. Soon after, she watched as her new world was created before her very eyes.

Current

The two weeks spent on board the ship had been one filled with secluded tears and restless sleep. None of this seemed real to her, how could it be? Her family, if she had ever had that, was gone. The Guild, her tutors, the lush gardens of the inner courtyard, had been destroyed and erased from memory. Now she was 24 years old, her previous life was again taken, and again a new life lay waiting for her.

Her first few days on the new world, After-Earth, and while many of the people she had seen on board the ship were taking up similar roles to their previous lives, Lisbeth found herself lacking direction. She spent many hours resting, walking between buildings, gazing up at the luminous mountain the distance, and conducting herself to her mental and physical routines each morning and night. She had decided that the mountain would make for an interesting place to explore, however there could be some dangers there. She did not wish to go alone.

It was nearing the end of the week that she decided it would be best to make a few friends, learn a thing or two about the people she would be living with, and see what would happen from there. But where to begin? She set forth through the streets, alert, observing those around her. She wanted someone that she could trust, someone that was easily read.

[~|~]Ginger has a natural enact of preforming actions that can easily infuriate or astonish someone. At this present moment NOL is furious. His head tilts to his left some before completely turning his entire body back to face her. Ginger's expression was proud as a child who just accomplished a great feat. NOL's brow lowers as his eyes lock onto her. His very aura rose releasing heat as well as pressure filling the surrounding area. His thoughts were on murdering the whole lot of them as fist tighten. He didn't even mind if he'd get in trouble, he already shot Alfie. A beautifully vivid scene of a wilderness massacre tickled NOL's more sinister psyche. On a positive note those vine did very little. NOL's Persona was wrapped for a brief moment, however recalling it back with a mere thought allowed it to vanish from this plane leaving the vines to tie up upon itself. "Ginger..." NOL said rather softly and calm. "Do not EVER do that again towards my Persona." NOL made sure he differentiated His Persona from anything else. He continued, "Failure to follow these orders will result in your death. Do I make myself clear?" As NOL awaited Ginger's reply he took note of Ophilia's warning about heading north. It is fortunate that the group is heading more eastern than north from this point towards The Stone Trails of Hthile.

Meanwhile, back at the City of Varlus Ladi Elli is making her rounds, carrying over her left shoulder a sack filled with books of magical origins. Floating on her right a transparent holo-tablet giving various codes of text verifying the identities of many of the new parasites that have arrived some twenty-eight hundred miles west of the city. These Forgotten seem to have survived and dug themselves into Their perfect universe. It wasn't until three particular names appeared that Ladi Elli stopped in the middle of a courtyard. Her expression intensified glaring with malice. These were misfortunes in which would become a problem. Quickly Ladi Elli punched in a few buttons on the tablet quickly forgetting she was in the middle of a courtyard with some of the Chosen casting questionable glances.[~|~]

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:37 am
Without so much as a warning, the mechanical whirring of the mobile station ended. Ginger stretched her arms gingerly before standing up. She heard Alphie say something about micro-whatever...yada-yada. If only he could hear the screams that those parasites made as they bubbled against the grooves in her back. The yellow powder was something of a cleanser...but the truth was found in the ingredients.

Skipping over to NOL, he was in a rather pleasant mood, so she pleasantly gave a curtsy and whispered...

"Like a button."

With even less warning Ginger leaned in and licked his nose. A wide grin moving over her face as she stood there for a second and then skipped back to the station.

on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:37 am
NOL and Ginger had their own unique way of faffing about. For someone who was so urgent about getting a move on, NOL sure had a way of wasting time, trying to be the one in control. This made Alfie’s silent observation of his character, at least more now than before. An individual so fixed on being in control and on some time schedule, that in consequence of it, he himself wasted more time than he would have liked. An example of such, had he kept shut about Alfies work, He would have been done much sooner. The extra process of conversation and yelling at everyone to get into order, it wasted the precious time he so methodically craved to be in his absolute control. Alfie had a bit of a laugh about it as he watched the interaction between the two. Not because of what Ginger did to him, but how sad his character was. He was going to live a lifetime of dissatisfaction while he sabotaged the strict expectations he had for others into failure. At the end of it all, he only saw people as failures of his expectation, because he made them fail.

With his bag back over his shoulder and now waiting standing before the two, Alfie would shout out, returning to his father regular personality, now that he was out of that mental work mode,

“Na, if ya lassies are done faffing about measuring who can fist themselves harder, I do believe ya had me rushing about to get on a move.”

Looking directly towards NOL now,

“As fer ya firearm, if ya wanna keep it, ya bess not be firin’ it at me again. Less ya wan’ it to be a useless hunk of metal.”

View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Back in Varlus

on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 pm
Blue sat beneath something that resembled a tree of Old Earth, however, it did not feel like a tree. The bark was more coarse and the branches jutted out with such ill-intent that it appeared the tree might mug the next passing bystandard. Regardless, this is where he sat. Not one to stick to classic convention, Blue found that even with the loss of his past life, he was steadfast in continuing his daily routine of resting at a park at least once a day, visiting his favorite cafe twice, and getting into trouble only once if he was able within the week. This was not always planned, but it seemed to always follow the same routine day in and day out.

Blue received his name as one of twelve children in the Housted family. He believed the name was selected as a theme following the laziness of his parents. His brother before him was Teal and his sister prior was Magenta. There were many prior to them with names like Rodrick and Terri, but those of his prior family were now dead. The sudden event that transpired left little time to make sense of the loss he endured. So much vanished in the blink of an eye that it seemed impossible for a twenty-three-year-old boy to process the tragedy in conventional ways. So Blue resorted to unconventional means to validate his life and the loss of his family.

Every end of the New Earth week, Blue would cross over into the underlands...a place that he believed to hold the dead or dying. His ability to navigate into this world was that of an emotional typhoon. Blue had to use all of his mental and physical feelings to cross the door into this world...and once there, he would wait for somebody...anybody...but his hope was to see one of the thirteen members of his family on the other side. However, since arriving...he had not found a single soul. It is much darker in the underlands of Varlus than it was on Old Earth.

Blue had just returned from another unsuccessfully attempted communion with his departed family. His eyes were heavy and his demeanor was that of disappointment. However, he wore a smile on his face as something about this very moment felt like a passing memory shared with an old friend. Blue took the feeling into his chest with slow and deliberate breaths. A lone leaf glided past a dark mess of hair. His eyes, which remained closed prior had slowly opened to see a beauty opposite the street. His hand met his tiredess and he rubbed it away.

He felt somewhat bashful for staring for so long...but something about her made him want to be noticed.

...she reminded him of Val...that was it.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum