View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - The Unmarked Day (Arc I)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm
The Final Words with Raven Macoy:

Although Raven cried tears for her lost "family," the dark figure loomed over her with an obvious desire in how he consoled her. His voice, laced in deceit, continued to shroud this event in ambiguity.

"Dear Child...my...Child...BLOOD...is thicker...than what these...CREATURES...were."

The words seeped out his lips, like venomous tendrils filling the air.

"...You have...a family...in Blood...STRONGER...than what you leave today."

His footsteps were light and barely present in their soft echo. Before Raven, this figure knelt, lifting her chin beneath his finger.

"You will travel...My Child...to Provollshia...I cannot stay...for this offering...is not enough."

His finger softly pushed away a tear as the heat beneath his gloves seemed to dry the liquid in its trail.

"In Provollshia...you will wait...for my sign...and only then...may you meet your brother...and...sister..."

Upon the final words...the blood spiraling at their feet halted and seeped into the floor, leaving Raven amongst a cave filled with the dead.

Hours Later: A Strangeness Befalling the Magis Inn

Although light was plenty in the fourth room of the Inn, the darkness persisted at every corner and beyond the window, looming near Felaria Haven. A rolling thunderous roar left the sky as a blinding lash of light struck the ground only a few miles off. A storm had been brewing not long after Felaria shut her eyes. The sky wept over Provollshia in an endless wailing of wind and rain, creaking the boards overhead and rattling the walls with ceaseless importance/fear/ or worry. The mind was the only thing to create a conclusion, and mine has no place in this story.

Beyond the window, unseen but possibly heard, hundreds of Provollsians were littered down the streets and alleyways, staring up at the explosions of light that shot down from the sky. The roars rolled over them as a subtle chant-like phrase was being echoed from every individual outside at this very moment. Though the chant was soft, their numbers carried the voices over the rain and wind, only masked by the thunder ever-so-often.

What they were chanting to was unknown in the dark, they all wore a white garment that resembled silk robes. Possibly some religious sect. But there were no other individuals outside wearing anything but these robes as of now, and whatever occasion was upon this day, apparently, rain and lightening did not deter it.

And that was when the whizing of static overtook the streets and the rooms of the Inn, for the old radios situated in each room and on each street corner turned on.

"Good evening..."
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm
TheMidnightBell wrote:Felaria rolled on the bed, groaning as she awoke, seemingly for no reason. She sighed and sat up, eyes snapping up as an uncomfortable feeling pressed down on her, ribs feeling as if they were pushing into her chest. She immediately reached out for the lantern and let the tendrils of light flow over her fingertips until they rolled around one another and compacted into a malleable source of light. She swung her legs around and stepped off of the bed, stepping around the room, the feeling in her chest nearly forcing the breath out of her.

The corners of the room seemed to threaten her with their darkness, almost in retaliation to her power. She cowered away from the rebellious corners and walked to the window, opening the portal to the outside world. As soon as the window slid upwards, the chants reached her ears, causing a shiver to run down her spine. The sound was ungodly, threatening to her very existence. She peeked out even farther, trying to make out the words of the chant, an incantation of sorts?

It was while these thoughts rushed through her mind that the crackle of the radio brought her mind back into her room, the voice coming out of the aspeakers startling her, and the only thing she could say off of pure reaction was,

"Who..."
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:54 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Before Raven could say anything more, the figure dissapered. She sighed and looked around the cave, deciding to go to her chamber and get her stuff. She stood up and walked to a side tunnel, she kept walking until she reached an opening to the right. She walked in and grabbed a bag, throwing in clothes, stuff she need to disguise herself, gold, a few valuable possession, and som books, which she placed in her satchel. She was about to walk out of the room to find some food when she noticed a black book on her bed. She walked over and looked at it curiously. She had a feeling that she should grab it, so she did and hid it carfully in her satchel. Slinging the bag over her shoulder, she walked down the hall a bit more and grabbed some food, putting it in the bag. She put on her cloak, putting the hood over head, and walked out of the cave. She decided to head to a nearby to town in search of horses.

Raven walked through the forest, heading east. She hadn't seen any towns, and was about to give up when she saw a lone bandit. She hide in the shadows and watched him carefully. Finally, he walked off to get to a stream. She waited until she was out of sight before she ran over to where the horse was tied up and threw off all the stuff, but kept on the saddle and bridal. She hopped onto the horse and spurred it into a gallop. She rode hard a for a few minutes before slowing the horse to a trot, turning it west again. The horse a was a midnight black mare with a black main and tail and a white star on her head. She looked around the forest, trying to find familiar land marks that she can use to find the road to Provollshia, and her new life. Finally she saw the edge of the woods. When the mare stepped onto the road, she turned her north, hoping that she was going the right way. Raven kept the mare, which she deciding to call Nightmare, at a slow trot as they traveled down the road. After many horse, she finally saw the city, Provollshia. She stopped the mare, made shire the hood was still on, then she started forward and went through the gates, entering the city.
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Ell's venture took the rest of the day and into the bleakness of night before arriving at the next town of Provollshia. Town...actually a city; Ell is brought to a halt upon his sisters horse gazing at the spectacle of this wondrous city. Approaching closer Ell is relieved somewhat in order to escape the rain, however everything is brought to an eerie sense as Ell noticed so many if not all of the people of this great city outside at such an hour. Ell slows his pace slightly hearing a voice ring out greeting all those present. Though this isn't any of his concern Ell knew he better pay at least some attention to whatever this may be, for it might hold clues for finding his sister. Ell keeps a safe distance from the crowd while remaining on the horse, now listening to whatever this voice has to say.[~|~]
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven heard voices and saw a crowed. She got off her horse silently and quickly brought him to the nearest stables. She paid the stable hand to keep her horse here for the night before heading back outside. She didn't want to join the crowed, she had a feeling she would be un welcomed. She decided to get and above veiw. She went to the side of the stable and quickly scaled up the wall. She jumped building to building until she was as close as she dared. She found a chimney and hide behind it, listening very carefully. She was right behind the people, and she was fairly close. She was just hoping she hadn't been seen. She was also glad for her all black outfit and black cloak. She crouched down and peek from behind the chimney to watch, making sure to stay in the shadows. She was used to staying in the shadows and sneaking around, it came naturally to her. After all, she was a thief, and a wanted one at that.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:55 pm
The Event of Provollshia

Above, a bleak sky...opaque in the darkest of smears. Only the sudden flashes of lightning at a distance gave a visible illumination, followed by a rolling roar through the city streets. The rain fell in plenty over the hooded townsfolk, steadily becoming drenched as the liquid soaked them to the bone. Whatever event was about to occur seemed to be worth so many gathered, even at such an hour on such a night. Was it a festival? Was it a ceremony? What date was marked on this one that made the great city of Provollshia gather in such a showing?

At the epicenter, this question was answered as a man of pure white garb and laced with jewels of varying brilliance, seemingly each stone dawned a brilliant glow amongst the darkness surrounding. Placed high on a central pedestal that rose some twenty feet over a massive crowd. They stood shoulder to shoulder, smothering one another in an attempt to please this raised figure. His placid face wore a large smile that moved with his words, but never changed...he spoke loudly through the city, an unnatural echo following his voice.

Good evening...my children...my sisters...my fellow brothers. I speak to you on this day with the gravest of news.

Inside the Magis Inn

The word of this haunting man continued through the wooden radio.

...earlier this morning, our fellow guard...making their usual rounds to the South, came upon a SMOLDERING FIRE! One to the likes had never been witnessed upon our peaceful town of firsts...Fousture.

The radio was full of static, seemingly charged through the air as the tension slowly began to grow. The capped crowd that stood in mass through the alleys and streets were still, but mumbling to themselves as they listened to this fatherly figure that spoke to his children. Felaria's light...although bent to her will, was flickering more than usual as this figure spoke through the box not far from her.

...and the rain...fell even harder over the city...slowly dripping through the cracks in the roof and holes in the wall of the inn.

Upon the roof where Raven hid

With the greatest view of all those around her, the man was not tall, but he wore a great many garbs of pure material...only that which a great king might adorn. But he was not a king, his skin was corroded and blanched with signs of the deathly illness, and yet he stood as though ready to conquer the world.

...THIS FIRE...BURNED...all of the inhabitants to nothing but ashes in the wind and rain. Nothing remains there now...no child...no mother...not a single father to be seen. Oh...if only they allowed for my protection...if only...they headed my warnings of those horrid wild folk that live so close to their dense wood...

More figures were notable near this man upon the raised stone. Upon their backs...numbering to at least 20 to 30...mostly children but there were a few women and men in the mix. Some of which were gagged, some of which were simply bound and unconscious. They were set in a very specific circular pattern at the top of the alter...something rather reminiscent of that Raven might have seen before...in terms of ritual pattern.

She might have sensed the steadily growing static in the air, it caressed skin and tinged to the bone.

The man looked out across his people...even seemingly gazing up to the roof that Raven stood upon.

That marking that was branded to Raven began to itch...but it was a sensation that could never be relieved as the man continued to speak out into the weather.

Ell's Encounter upon the city streets

Even in the dryest of shelters, the rain seemed to find its way through...dripping around the desperate sibling of a sister he may never see again. Indeed...this venture he took was treacherous and very risky...but not without promise or warrant. For as Ell listened to this figure, the lies spewing from his mouth began to take the shape of a terrible nature.

...MY CHILDREN! FOUSTURE IS GONE! THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOOR! Or are they?

The shimmering man with a voice that seemed to project that of a godly stature rang out without losing volume or tone. It cast a rumbling through every figure it past...almost like thunder.

...I have captured the assailants of Fousture...

His finger slowly pointed to the circular grouping of children, women, and men. All laying upon the raised stone...bleeding and gaged. Those awake began to scream through bandages and cloth...but their cries were overpowered by the massive crowd that cheered to their fatherly...god-figure.

Something was wrong with this picture...

At the Gates...Sulette and Caulm enter Provollshia

It had been an arduous ride, and my arm was steadily losing the sensation of the numbing agent that was given to me after the fall from my horse. I was tired...hungry...and filled with a hope that laced deeply into the sorrow. However...Caulm had given me a light to follow...promising me that Remus was near. However, the only thing that seemed to be present was a massive crowd...a sea of white heads that stetched onwards to no end.

Caulm held to my waist tightly...almost as though expecting the action I was about to take.

I kicked the horses side and pushed the beast forward. It pressed on...through the sea of mumbling worshipers. Approaching the voice that projected so well.

...These wild creatures killed an entire town...for nothing but material wealth...for lust...for the pleasure of slaughtering fellow man.

The sky above thundered overhead...no lightning produced...but it was close.

...Do any of you believe these demons...THESE BASTARDS AND HARPIES DESERVE FORGIVENESS!?

The cities murderous screams were deafening to the masses...even the sky could not be heard.

Is was through these screams that I rode to a street end that opened up to the man who centered this town...the well dressed and sickly figure...surrounded by these worshipers...who spat hateful wishes upon the captives on the stone.

I stared at it closely...looking at them carefully. I could sware that some of them looked extremely familiar...although the rain made it difficult to be sure.

...Caulm...are those?

The white haired boy on my back did not move...he seemed to be terrified...mumbling something to himself as I watched with a nervous sensation within my gut. My arm began to hurt as I cradled it against my chest...

Prosia...the God of Provollshia

At the epicenter...this man was a god to these people...a king...greater than anyone to these people...and not to be triffled with.

MY CHILDREN! As your leader...I CANNOT...allow these beasts to soil our tranquil land...nor can I allow them to threaten our children...or families...OUR WAY OF LIFE! FOR WE ARE THE ARCANE MASTERS OF THIS WORLD! AND WE ARE STRONGER THAN ANY FORCE ON THIS EARTH!

The deafening shout from the sea of white exploded once more...hands raised high into the air as they chanted an unfamiliar phrase...

DO NE GLAUSEN!!! DO NE GLAUSEN!!! DO NE GLAUSEN!!! DO NE GLAUSEN!!!

This phrase carried on for what seemed like forever... But with a simple raise of his hands...the god-figure silenced the entire crowd. His presence was dominant...and his flock obeyed him.

As Prosia...the Father of Arcane Meisters and Servant to Provollsia...I banish you demons to the wailing caverns of punishment...

Those faces of men...women...children...that gazed up from the circle...20 to 30 terrified faces looked in terror upon a man with a smile strung across his face as a red light engulfed the pillar of stone...now seen as an alter...a single red lightning bolt shot down with explosive force that penetrated the ground and sent a deafening shockwave through the crowd as this unnatural occurrence silenced every scream that was made upon the stone altar.

And when the light cleared...and those who observed could gaze upon the figure at the center...the red electrical currents danced around this figures body...coursing up and down his arms and legs...he wielded the power of the storm.

The convicted group upon the altar was silent, their skin burned through...drained of all life as they smoldered in horrific shapes that could not be identified as people any longer. A burning scent filled the air that caused unfamiliar guests to gag in the presence.

...My children...

Prosia spoke out from atop his altar.

We are safe for now...but our doors have been open for too long. Look around you...

The crowd began to do as commanded as they looked upon each other.

We have been too kind to our neighbors for too long. These demons wear our faces...they act as we do...and commit heinous crimes while we sit in our homes...while we care for our children...while we leave our loved ones alone.

The crowd was enchanted upon every word that left their god-figures lips. Prosia had them hooked to his voice.

...No more...Tonight...we close our gates...

At the very word...the massive iron gates of the tremendous wall surrounding the city creaked and screeched as one by one they closed...near and far...these gates of many shut with a BOOM.

...TONIGHT! We care for one another...and keep our families protected from these heathens. As your FATHER...the ARCANE MASTER...I will protect our flock.

The cheers left the crowd as hands raised in longing for his love...his acceptance...his words.

We look after ourselves...and we will cleanse the non-believers... DO NE GLAUSEN!!!

His thunderous words left his lips...and the crowd chanted back in full force: DO NE GLAUSEN!!! DO NE GLAUSEN!!! DO NE GLAUSEN!!!

A group of men began to remove bodies from the altar...wearing such marks that none of this city would recognize as beyond their personal protectors and Guardians of Provollshia. However, these markings would look more familiar to those within Fousture this morning as the Schlakin...the raiders that destroyed Fousture. Each of them received a blessing from Prosia as they removed the burnt corpses from this pillar and moved them into carts at the bottom of the stairway leading to it.

Although Sulette witnessed the most heinous of crimes before her, Caulm begged her to leave the crowd, and this was the only thing she could muster as the group continued to chant their untranslated hate into the air. She made a valiant attempt that night...but...each gate she approached was shut tightly...and the possibility to leave...was no longer an option.

...Caulm...

Sullete spoke to the white haired boy upon her horse in a nervous tone...

...Are we...going to leave here alive?

The boy was silent for the longest time...but steadily took the reigns from her hands...lashing the horse gently and walking them down the street...as far away from the booming chant as he could...but not outside of the walls...this was their home...for now...
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Darkwing01
As Raven stood on the roof and watched the events, she had to put a hand over her mouth to smother her gasp of horror. The mark on her hand began to itch again, but she ignored it. She could still feel the static in the air. She didn't like that figure at all. Those men and children, he just killed them. Raven had very strong feeling that they were innocent, she was sure of it. The only people who had lived in the woods near Fousture were her and the other rouges, unless they had missed them. She watched as a red bolt of light came down and killed them, it had left them all mangled and misshapen. She bit her lip 'till it bled, trying to control her anger as she observed the sight before her." Don't worry, I'll avenge you." She muttered the promise to the spirits under her breath. She then heard the figure say they were closing the gates, and she watched all of them close. She growled softly in frustration, but she stayed and looked on in disgust as the crowed cheered. These people were cheering to this god, no, this sick being, and everyone said that she was sick and twisted. Well these people need to take a good look at themselves. She thought bitterly as she went back the way she came and carfuly went down to the streets below, walking in the other direction, not even caring about the rain anymore. She would avenge the innocent people that had just died, she had to.
Junior Admin

(We have arrived upon our end to "Arc I". Although, this is not the end to our story. You are free to continue responding, however, we will be picking up upon this story after jumping forward two months. Each of your characters has a specific purpose and or drive that lead you into this city and now...Prosia has shut the door. How will you survive? How will you deal with these dire circumstances? If you need any assistance finding a reason for staying in Provollshia or surviving there, I will happily speak with you in PM or Messages. For now, thank you, everyone for being involved with the first section of this story. We will pick up as soon as BioCollision has his logistics all setup, as his character, Remus, is the lead into this second Arc.)
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum