View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Welcome, all new and old to the continuing tale of Blood Well Origins.
What you shall find here is a story of much strife as we revisit the events pertaining to the First Arc, Titled: The Unmarked Day.

The story began in the midst of a forest raining down ash from the fire that burnt Fousture to the ground! Caused by Schlakin invaders who attacked the unsuspecting people. Our childhood friends, Sulette and Remus are no longer together. Forced to flee, Sulette took off into the woods on her stolen steed, arriving after a long while to clarity on her part. Sulette finds in her clarity that Remus cannot be dead and takes off back to the town of Fousture. On her journey back, Sulette runs into a boy named Ell, one of the twins who had visited Fousture during the attack, Ell had also become separated from his counterpart twin, a girl named Lill. Determined to find his sister, Ell grabs a horse belonging to his sister, discovered by Sulette, and takes of towards Fousture to find her.

All the while, back at Fousture, the town is in ruins with decay, death, and fire surrounding anything within. Remus is alive and awakens beneath the rubble to the chanting of an unfamiliar white-haired boy named Caulm. Both boys find fear in one another as Caulm lashes out at Remus with a makeshift knife. This causes Remus to flee into the forest, prior to Sulette and Ell arriving back to the burning Fousture. Caulm is stopped by a shape-shifting creature named Hrodrick, who attempts to calm his flailing fit. It is at this time that Ell arrives back to the town and follows a trail into the woods which seem to be bread crumbs of items that his sister Lill had in her possession. At the end of the trail, Lill is nowhere to be found, but Ell finds a Schlakin bandit with Lill's notable dagger lodged in his eye. Shockingly he is still alive, and a struggle ensues, to which Ell easily overpowers the maimed bandit. In this time, Ell receives information on the bandits dark intentions for his sister, one that causes Ell to butcher the bandit with his sister's dagger over and over again until no life remains in the Schlakin. Ell takes off with great sadness for his sister, but his motive is strong. He heads off down the road towards Provollshia, a city that is bound to hold more information on the Schlakin and his sister.

After Ell departs, Sulette arrives back to the town of Fousture with a fire burning through her to find the friend she lost during the chaos. However, Remus is nowhere to be found. The town is dead, except for Caulm and Hrodrick. Sulette immediately approaches them and demands information, to which Sulette is surprised to hear Caulm proclaim a foretold event that would reunite her and Remus in the city of Provollshia. Ecstatic to hear this fortune, and convinced in Caulm's ability as an oracle, she departs the burning embers of Fousture with Caulm and Hrodrick on her steed, heading off towards the foretold place that would reunite her and Remus.

In the meantime, a bandit by the name of Raven returns with her group after making the typical heist of gold and material theft from the nobility of Provollshia. The heist went over without any issue, but Raven had shown some stress from unknown events during the endeavor. It is during this time that the bandits attempt to take advantage of Raven, catching her off guard. It appeared the bandits had decided to make personal gain off of Raven, offering her to the Dark Gods, in exchange for more power. However, the dark entity that approaches Raven is more cunning than the five attempting to summon him. This dark entity offers Raven an alluring chance to become even stronger than any foe she had ever fought and promises that the pain she is bearing witness to will go away with his guidance, the only payment he requires is the slaughtering of her five bandit brethren. Raven, fearful and convinced that the only family she had ever known was trying to kill her, lashed back with new-found power that ended all five of the bandits lives. The dark entity had won a strong follower and left Raven with a brand that would forever remind her of the choice she made. The time spent with Raven and this dark force was fleeting, a measly five bandits were not enough to keep this dark entity within her presence. He commanded Raven to find him in Provollshia, mentioning that she had more family than she knew within this city. Unable to combat the dark entity's request, Raven is forced to head back to Provollshia, in hopes of finding this family that is mentioned.

It is around this time that a new character has made their way into the Great City of Provollshia. By the name of Felaria, this light wielding girl has made her way to the Magi's Inn, escaping her greatest fear, the dark, and a vicious downpour that had begun falling over the city as soon as she arrived to her room. Pleased to have a bed and some light to allow her to sleep. Felaria thinks that her night is over. It is at that very moment that the radio switches on and a powerful voice produces from the speaker, followed by the chanting of an innumerable amount of white hooded people who fill the streets as the rain falls ceaselessly.

One by one, Felaria, Raven, Ell, Sulette, and Caulm found their way into this city, each taking notice to the amassing crowd at Provollshia's center. This is their first encounter with the leader of this city, Prosia the Father and Arcane Master. Standing upon a raised pedestal that is actually an alter, Prosia speaks out to what appears to be a sea of white, his robed followers. The people listen to his words and cheer with every thunderous claim he makes. In his speech, he claims that Fousture is found in ruin by a scouting unit that chases the smoke, Prosia further claims that no survivors are found in the burning city. However, Prosia claims that he has caught the remaining bandits that caused the city to burn, revealing a group of twenty to thirty individuals, men, women, and children who are gagged and tied up atop the altar. Sulette notices that those faces look very familiar of the captives, but before she is able to place them, Prosia summons a red lightning bolt that surges through the altar, turning the captives into misshapen abominations, unrecognizable as human and completely dead. A group of marked individuals known as the Guardians of Provollshia made their way onto the platform where they receive a blessing from Prosia, and remove the bodies of the corpses. Sulette realizes that these men are also familiar, but places their faces immediately, as their markings reveal them to be the true Schlakin that pillaged Fousture.

In the final moments, Prosia gives a call to action to all his loyal subjects. This call to action closes every gate leading in and out of the massive city of Phovollshia. It asks for all inhabitants to keep families safe from intruders, and it also requests that all true believers be on the lookout for those who do not belong. The act ends with Sulette and Caulm riding off away from the hateful chants of the inhabitants. Sulette's final remark questions whether or not they are going to survive.

To revisit this story in its entirity, click this link: Blood Well Origins - The Unmarked Day

And now...we begin Act II.
In act two, we begin with Remus as our first interaction. It has been two months and the city of Provollshia is still tightly shut from the outside world. How our characters have managed to survive this long is something that shall be revealed during this act, as well as if Provollshia will be the final stop of these daring adventurers. Time will only tell.
Junior Admin

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 pm
BioCollision wrote:Two Months Ago

How was it that I managed to get myself into this situation as I darted my eyes to and fro. My eyes dilated as I panicked I pressed forth into the depths of the forest. What compelled me to frantically run into the unknown? I had seemed to have had no control of my own body as I trudged through the mud and filth of the forest floor. At the end of my wits and my body’s limits I felt myself give in as I dropped flat on my face. I had no recollection of time as I lay in a fragile state, “I-I’m so hungry,” I muttered faintly, “I-I’m so cold.” My eyes welled up as I barely had the strength to cry, “I can’t d-do this…” my chin wrinkled as I tried to hold back my sobbing.

My tears diluted with the filth upon my face as I lay there at the brink of accepting my death where I had lain. My thoughts were filled with but the single thought, “Who was I kidding, thinking that I would be worth more than the dirt I lay upon.” I took what felt were my last few breaths among the living. My vision blurred from my own tears filling my eyes, I closed my eyes tight as the cold overwhelmed my entire body.

Awaiting my end, something compelled me to open my eyes. I fought the feeling for some time. What was there to see? I was left to die in this dark forest, probably being stalked by the monsters that hid in the shadows. However, the sensation overpowered me as my eyes slowly creeped open. When I had, I had witnessed a thing that I would not have imagined. There before me, just into sight, a white wolf stood at the opening of some bushes. There was a glow about the wolf that made my pain and sorrow feel as though it did not matter for the moment. And then it spoke to me, not with its words as its mouth did not move, but somehow the voice of a woman came from her. I just somehow knew it was hers. “Get up my child, you have more strength than you know.”

I believed her words, it felt comforting, her words. I pulled my staggering palms flat to the floor below me as I struggled to get up. Slowly, I brought myself up to my knees, and when I looked back to the wolf, she stood now mere feet in front of me. I was not scared, but I felt warmed by her presence. I sniffled a bit as I pulled my tears back, brushing them away with the back of my filthy hands.

She spoke to me once more as the wolf nuzzled her nose to my cheek, “My son, do not cry.” Her words put me into shock as I froze where I was, my eyes dilated upon the realization of what the voice had said. Taken aback for a moment I looked to the wolf with a pouty face.

“Son, I am your son,” I asked, confused by her words, but vulnerable enough to believe it.

“Remus, surely you know the truth to your question,” she responded as she nudged at my gut to get to my feet. I did so, staggering a bit doing so.

She would brush the top of her head into my palm motioning for me to follow her. I started to walk beside her as I asked, “How, you are a wolf and I am a boy?”

She laughed a bit, the wolf pausing in her tracks for a moment, “We both are not what we appear to be.”

I did not quite understand what she meant by that, but by this point, I did not want to question too much. For the first time since I had woken up, I did not feel as though death was waiting around the corner.

“You must be hungry,” she asked, looking up to me as we walked. I gave a sheepish nod as I continued to follow her, “Out here, I will teach you to fend for yourself, son.” Oh how I understood that feeling, to have to scrounge to eat. But, what she was going to teach me, it was a whole different level.

The Lineage of the Wild Boy

What followed after into what blended into innumerable days, I began to learn more about myself through this wolf that called me son. I learned that her name was Mai-Coh. To the other wolves in the pack, she was referred to as the witch. The others greatly respected her, among other animals in the forest. Something about her the forest I now lived in was connected in some way. Had had only been a few nights where I was taught how to hunt and fend off of nature. It was so much more difficult than my days in Fousture where the only risk of failure was a beating from a merchant for robbing their stands. Mai-Coh was my mother, and although the others did not approve of my being a human boy, they reluctantly took me in as fellow brethren. Sav, the alpha male did not often cross paths with me, but I always felt him intimidating eyes watching me. He did not often give or show any opinion of my being, but I always felt as though it matched the others. I was an outsider to them. I was told by my mother that I too was a wolf, but not even I was convinced by it.

On the seventh night, Mai-Coh told me that now that I had regained some of my strength, and learned to fend for myself, that I had to go on a journey. She told me that I would have to go out and live on my own so that nature could test me and give me sight. I didn’t understand, but when I asked, she simply would tell me, “You will know when it happens.”

I was once again alone, but I felt stronger, even if I struggled to fend for myself. The wolves had sharp teeth and claws to hunt, but I was a mere boy, I did not have any of that. I did not know why I was out here on my own. I did not know of the culture of the wolves or how I was even able to speak with them. If I was a wolf, why did I not look like them?

My terrible hunting skills after a few days were taking a toll on me as I was beginning to starve. I was hoping that at any moment, Mai-Coh was just watching after me and would save me when I was at the end of my rope. But each night, with the beasts of the wild crying out into the night, not once did I get any aid.

As I lay against a tree, I stared into the dirt pathetically as I muttered to myself, “I am just a weakling. Mothers help was only to prolong my life for just a bit more.” And who was I kidding, I was never a strong person. I always relied on the decisions of others to govern my life. Like Sulette, who by now felt like a fading memory. That night, I slept against the tree, my tears keeping me company.

When I had awoke in the morning, I was woken into a sudden terror as the growl of a fear beckoned I wake. The creature was in a fit of rage as it bellowed an intimidating roar, waking me from my slumber. Charging me, I cringed for a moment as I rolled out of the way. My life was flashing before my eyes as the bear swiped in my direction. All I could do was crawl my way out of it, reminding me of my moments of fear when the white haired boy attacked me in Fousture. It felt like it was so long ago. How long I was in these woods, I couldn’t even remember anymore.

But that was when it had hit me. Something had given away as the sight of a man atop of a pedestal flashed before my eyes. What was I seeing? The bear would once again lung itself at me as I fearfully ducked with my hands over my head. The bear now stood over me with a great roar as it swatted me straight into a tree trunk. That was when it had happened; everything just seemed to fill me head. The sight of who I was and what I would become, but most of all, the man that I saw at first with all of the terrible things that he would or what I assume he has already done, a tyrant with the followers of the blind.

In that moment, something awoken in me and suddenly, with my eyes fixating on what was before me, I found myself tearing into the flesh of a now dead bear. Somehow along the way, in my visions, I had discovered my strength. Something in me changed both internally and externally on this day. Hands now adorned with small claws at the ends of my fingertips, my body no longer feeling feeble, my teeth feeling as though they had become sharper and more powerful. My mind felt more animalistic, as if I was drawing closer to being a wolf and further away from being a human.

Now nourished, I found it rightful that I make a change in myself. Shedding the fur of the bear, skinning it, I pulled together a pelt that I could wear upon myself, fixing it to my body with my torn and tattered clothes that existed with it. As my hunger subsided, so did my animalistic thoughts. I think this was what Mai-Coh wanted me to see. Everything was heightened for me, as I was able to smell everything in my surroundings. Turning, alerted by the scent of another presence, I darted my eyes around, only to see mother. She stood there, almost proud of what I had accomplished in the past few days that I had spent out here.

“You are finally awake.”

“Awake?”

“Yes my son, you have awoken your inner nature.”

“Does that mean I am like the others?”

She laughed for a moment, “No my son, you are special. You have more than what the others could do, you possess my inherited craft.”

“Your craft?”

“Magick, yes.”

“Magick?”

Laughing a bit, both that I was finally asking questions that needed to be, “Yes, how do you think you appear as you do and I appear as I do, and yet, I am your mother.”

“I-I do not know.”

“You will in time.”

Present

Sights on Provollshia

Mother had taught me a lot, and the importance of attuning myself to nature. How it would strengthen me and make me stronger. It was as much a part of me as it was her. I still never understood how or why, but simply that it was. I hadn’t known it, but I spent nearly two months in the forest among wolves, being raised by them, since the day I ran from Fousture.

Mai-Coh taught me more about the man I saw in my vision. He was a Tyrant that ruled a city named Provollshia. She told me that he had a hand in what had happened and that he was creating a grave imbalance in nature. She also told me that I was the bridge between nature and man, the reason why I was the way I was. That I had to be the hand the nature needed where it could not reach. During my time, I learned more on how to hone my animalistic skills. The other wolves had begun to accept me more, as I was able to help them do the things wolves could not do. I had earned their trust.

It was morning when Sav had finally approached me for the first time since I joined them. His voice was thunderous as he spoke with such power, “Remus, it is time you take your leave. We have taught you all that we could, everything else comes in time. But you must go to Provollshia and kill that man. Hehad created a grave imbalance in nature. Look as how our land shrinks, our free roaming becomes sparse. We among all life in this forest become hunted. His corruption has reached out to even your home of Fousture, burned to the ground with mighty flames, murdered and slaughtered with no concern of the consequences. He has beckoned judgment from mother nature, and you are that hand that will administer his punishment.” I listened as he told this to me, and I knew what I had to do.

By nightfall, I had reached the outer wall of Provollshia. Everything was closed off, all of its gates and any thinkable way in. Well, at least the limitations of man. But by now, I was beyond those limits. It was going to prove difficult, as the others who had come with me would have had no way of entering themselves. This left me to no choice, I had to go in alone.

“Be careful my son,” Mai-Coh said to me.

“Don’t worry, I will.”

“We will be out here, waiting. Go now and do what you were meant to do.”

“Yes mother.”

As I turned towards the walls of the city, I set off for a mad dash into the darkness. My sight did not falter as I had grown used to travelling in the night. With my claws bearing, I leap at the wall, and drove them into the facing of the wall, with ease, driving into the wall, I scaled my way up to the top. It was a great and might wall, but was for not with the resources I had at hand. I sniffed around looking for an idea of where to go next. However, a sense of hopelessness befell me as I glanced within the city limits. It was vast, and ran a great deal of land. How was I to find such a figure in such an enormous city.

Before I had any time to think, a guard had spotted me. Yelling out, “Stop where you are,” I turned to the guard for a moment, and then leaping off into the city limits. There was no way I was going to let him stop me in my tracks. As I dropped and landed on some cobble roads, I heard the sound of an alarm from above go off, the ringing of a bell and the yelling of a guard that alerted many. It looks like I was now on the run. With a mad dash, I would lose myself into the city, and out of the sight of the guards.

The streets were empty as everyone was fast asleep. Ducking and weaving between buildings, I peeked around trying to figure out my way around. This was going to be much more difficult than I expected. For now, I needed to find a place to rest.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven stood on the roof she had stood on two months ago as she watched the currupted being kill a bunch of innocent people and the gates had closed. The itch in her hand hadn't subsided at all. In fact, it's gotten worse. She had changed her appearance a bit in order to blend in and not get killed. She knew some people probably rembered her. She had abondoned the wigs entirely and had dyed her hair a light aburn. During the day she dressed as a noble, and she had the money to play the part, but the night is when she thrived. She was able to be herself again, and steal. She hadn't been caught in months, and her stealing was the reason why she was so prosperous. Suddenly, she heard the alarms. She look around, looking for the cause until she saw a figure running around below. She carefully dropped into the streets below, not making a sound. She found the figure and fallowed him until she thought it was safe to try and talk to him. She walked over and gentaly tapped his should before stepping back a little in case she had scared him, but she stayed in sight."Hello, do you need any help?" She asked, looking at him.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm
Z-Faulds wrote:"Another day, downtrodden with ceaseless rain..."

The soft tone passed between thin lips as a fair-complexioned youth gazed through the second story window of his inn room. His azure eyes gazed absently at the rain that had continued for the past few hours without any sign of letting up. He ran a hand through his long, auburn locks with a sigh before turning away from the window to look at the radio which had broadcasted the lockdown of Provollshia. Why was he here, and how did he become stuck in this rather sorrowful place?

It had begun a little over two months ago, when the young nomad had caught wind of a rumor concerning one of his people.
Two months prior, roughly fifteen miles from Provollshia's walls, in the town of Cresthaven

The sound of wood splitting under an ax carried through the air next to a run-down shack on the outskirts of the small town. Ryozha, who had once again taken to aiding in physical labor for coin and shelter, had spent the previous two hours splitting small logs for use as firewood for a farmer that he chanced upon. Lifting the ax, Ryozha placed another log down on the stump that acted as his chopping block, and swung the ax with both hands. As the wood split, a homely woman came outside with a smile.

"Ryozha, dear. Come inside and get somethin' in your stomach. It won't do to have ya fall over from hunger, now would it?"

"Aye, you've a point there ma'am."

Ryozha left the ax stuck in the stump and carried the last few pieces of firewood to the stack next to the door. Once the wood was stacked, he went inside to find the woman and her husband sitting at their table with a place made from him. With a smile, Ryozha sat down and immediately gulped down the cool water from his cup.

"That...is much better."

"So, how much did ya get done?" The husband asked in a gruff tone.

"About enough to last a week, all things considered."

The husband gave a small nod of approval before taking a sip from his cup. The wife smiled at both of them before motioning for them to help themselves to the meal. Both men eagerly began to fill their plates with roast and vegetables before fervently eating their lunch. After a silent moment, the husband cleared his throat to beckon the attention of the others.

"So I heard somethin' ya might find interesting in town t'day."
"Oh?" Ryozha swallowed his mouthful of food with a sip of water. "What might that be?"
"One of your nomads was seen 'round here, goin' towards Provollshia." The man pointed out the window behind himself. "Over that way a few miles. Thought you'd like to know since I'm sure you don't see many of your kind in these parts."
"That is rather interesting, ser. I might just look into that on the morrow."

A sharp clearing of the wife's throat brought Ryozha's gaze to rest on her.

"Now, dear. You can worry about that later. For now, you need to eat. Can't travel on an empty stomach, after all."
"Aye, that is true." Ryozha chuckled with a smile.

For the remainder of the day, Ryozha washed the dirt and sweat form his body and tended to his belongs for his departure the next day. After a restful night of sleep, the kindly couple provided him with some simple rations for the road and sent him on his way with smiles and well wishes. Ryozha spent the next few hours traveling west towards Provollshia with high hopes of possibly seeing one of his distant brethren. Upon reaching Provollshia, however, Ryozha was met with quite a unique experience. People shouting and running about, browbeating travelers to embrace some god-figure named Prosia. Ryozha did not bother to engage the commoners, but rather find himself an inn where he could rest. As he traversed the sprawling city-like locale, a fair number of what he assumed to be town guards questioned him concerning the steel broadsword that rested in it's sheath at his waist. Each time, with the same level of humility and respect, he explained that he was nothing more than a traveler and that the roads had been increasingly dangerous with the word of magic spreading through the lands. The guards each gave him a warning to not cause trouble and let him be on his way.

After a painstaking search, Ryozha had found himself just outside the slums at an inn named the Songbird Inn. While it was far from glamorous, it was not terribly expensive and the food was warm. After having traveled on foot, Ryozha hastily retired to his room and slept after ensuring his door was locked tightly.

The next day, the announcement had come. The town of Provollshia was locked-down with no way in or out until further notice. Not only that, but a manhunt of some kind had been put in place by this Prosia character that the people revered as some twisted, mortal god. Ryozha, putting the idea of finding his fellow nomad out of his mind, now brooded in silence over how he would make his way in this city for the duration of the lockdown.

"Two whole months..." Ryozha sighed heavily as he shook his head. "And not a sign of a way to return to the winding roads outside of this city."

He grumbled to himself and rested for a few hours until night fell, when a prickling sensation within his mind alerted him to a presence outside his room. He quietly rose from his bed, having been fully clothed aside from the plated gauntlet that rested next to his bed. Grabbing the only armor he carried, aside from the hardened leather and thinly hammered shin guards of iron, he slipped it onto his left hand and secured the straps to hold it in place on his arm. His eyes never left the door, where light filtered through under the door. A pair of shadows crossed in front of his door again and again, slowly and rhythmically to the point that he could almost pinpoint exactly when the person or people would cross. From the other side, muffled muttering and chanting could be heard from the hallway that confirmed the presence to be only three individuals that were part of Prosia's cult-like sect of followers.

With a grimace, Ryozha rose from his bed and strapped his broadsword to his belt before opening the window and gazing outside. From what he could see, he was not within the sight of anyone from outside the confines of the inn. Due to the close-quarters of the buildings around the inn, Ryozha was able to climb form his window and onto an adjacent rooftop. Carefully shutting his window, Ryozha ducked out of sight and lifted the hood of his traveling cloak to conceal his face before quietly traversing the buildings through the city.

Within a matter of minutes, the ever-familiar sensation that prodded at his mind alerted him that he was not alone. He quickly crouched behind a chimney and looked around. The moonlight that filtered through the clouds was just enough to provide him light to see. As he looked around, the sensation tugged at his mind even stronger almost as though it was warning him of some imminent danger. The nomadic Geomancer's gaze instinctually darted to the sky above as sirens screamed through the night in alarm.

"Damn...just what I need. More attention to contend with."

Ryozha cursed his luck and immediately began to move from rooftop to rooftop until he found himself at an end to his elevated road. Below were unusually deserted streets, despite the alarms roaring in the distance. It was then that his gift once more pulled at his mind as a shadowed figure fell to the cobblestone street below and darted down a side street. Ryozha watched quietly, unsure of what to think until he witnessed another figure follow after the first.

"Odd...they certainly didn't look anything like those fanatics." Ryozha arched an eyebrow in curiosity. "May as well see just where they are running...and why. It is better to keep moving rather than wait to be caught by those nutcases."

With an affirming nod, Ryozha jumped from the roof to the street and took off sprinting towards the other two mysterious figures. After seeing them both turn down a narrow street, Ryozha slowed his approach and snuck around the corner to hide behind a pile of crates. Form his semi-hidden vantage point, Ryozha peered around to watch the pair. While his eyesight was not the best, given the hour of night, Ryozha was used to listening for threats during his continuous travels and was able to hear the second figure's speech. It was a woman, that much he could tell. And it sounded as though the first figure was in need of aid. But the question that burned within the nomad's mind was simple...

Why?

But in order to learn, he needed to wait and see.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 pm
TheMidnightBell wrote:Felaria sighed, staring down at the magic book in her hand. The white light swirling in an orb above her hand, supplied by the moon, was enough well off letting her read. This was probably the fifteenth book she'd checked out from the library this week on magic, and my was she studying. There was no time to waste either, just barely avoiding missing the inn as she stopped and turned up the steps, snuffing out the ball of light as she opened the door.

She gave a passing wave to the innkeep, though she didn't speak to him, rushing upstairs with her nose to the book. She'd recently made her first spark, and she was doing everything in her power to make fire. It hadn't happened yet, not even close, but a girl can dream right? She unlocked her door and threw herself into the room, lantern still lit as she liked it. She sighed as she lay on the bed, book suspended over her. She looked to her lantern and thought for a moment.

Perhaps...

She set her book down, moving to the edge of her bed to reach the end table, reaching and snuffing the light of the lantern out. She took a deep breath and placed her hand near the oil soaked wick of the lantern, trying with everything in her to make sparks fly. She concentrated harder and reached for the fire deep inside her, as her books had told her to do, and tried to push it through her hand. Gasping and taking a couple deep breaths as she was out of air. Jeez, there's no way that would work.

Maybe she would just have to... yes. Thats how she did it the first time. She simply stuck out her hand and felt her powers flow through her, letting the energy well up inside her, holding it, keeping it stored, before bursting it out of her fingertips, a look of concentration plastered on her face as all of her efforts amounted to a few sparks to fly from her fingertips, the oiled wick catching alight.

Felaria looked at her hand in awe and gasped, standing up and jumping around in excitement.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes yes! Ive got it!"
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:~Alone....Forgotton....Self Preservation~

"Fuck". I simply exclaimed as I ducked and weaved around the buildings and through the alleys, as sirens and what I could tell guards shouting. Being a "creature of beauty" as they refer to me is not rewarding as it sounds expecially when trapped in the slums. I have had to sell my body in order to survive and with no family or support its not surprising. This time however the "client" didn't want to pay but wanted to steal me. "I AM NOT PROPERTY" I screamed to myself though I do treat myself as such. As far as I can recall I've had to do this and I am sick of this. If it wasn't for the fact that I am stuck in this city for god knows how long and that I developed "abilities".

"Oh little kitten....come out....come out wherever you......are...." Oh gods he's still trying to find me. This man has taken a fancy to me and has on multiple occasions tried to take me with force both sexually and physically. His voice is like a slimy snake hissing as it finds its prey and his looks are just as horrid. As I ran through the dark alleys and sprinted across the many miles of streets, one thing remained certained I needed to run and fast. I can't let him catch me. Last time he caught me I was locked in a room for....."LUCIEN YOU LITTLE SLUT COME TO YOUR OWNER!!". "SHIT HE SOUNDS CLOSE". I whisper to myself. Panic starts to engulf me as and I round a corner and slam straight in a solid body mass. "Fuck!" I exclaim, what did I slam into. "Watch where you are going you fucking urchin!" The mass that I bumped into was a guard! "Sorry sir..." I say in a hushed voice. "Don't you hear the sirens why are you running between buildings. Before I could explain I hear the man that was chasing me utter his perverse calls that he loves to call to me. In that moment I panic and run past the guard. "Wait!!" The guard exclaims. I can't look back. I must keep running.

After what seemed like hours I come to an opening deep in the slums. I look at the sky where the full moon is shining brightly. For some reason the moon always felt comforting though I don't know why. "There you are Lucien......" I slowly turn to see the man who had been chasing me. His name is Gurahl and he is a local merchant in this city. He is also known to be rough with his "pets". "You are very bad...bad...kitty....". I tense I start to feel a vibration in the center of my core and mind. "Hold it urchin!!!" The guard who I ran from had two other guards with him. "For running from the law you are coming with me!" What!? I don't even get to exclaim! Gurahl and the guards then started to approach me and everything became numb and silent. I was terrified and alone and had no one to help me. All of a sudden at the peak of my emotionally distress I felt something of a shockwave. "GO AWAY!!!" I screamed! And from my body and wave of something expelled emanating the pristine color of the moon. When I looked around out of breath, the guards and Gurahl were on the ground unconcious. I slowly hobbled through the alley ways for quite a distance before falling. As my eyelids started to close, heavy with exhaustion, I saw someone peak around the corner and everything went black.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Cold -- such an abnormal haunting chill encompassed the night. A warning, the same signs of change; an eerie change which will only plunge this sickening city further into darkness. A darkness of evil in its purest of forms. The dark hooded cloak worn is protection enough from winter storms, but this chill wasn't due to climates. No - but of the seasonal feast in which the evil that resides in these walls yarns for. Alarms echo out, but it is of no concern for Ell has been hidden here stalking his prey for the pass thirty hours and only blood being spilled will possibly ease the suffering. This chill was present two month prior, with the sacrifice of the vile slayer of innocence. At least, that's the belief of these puppets behind these walls. An entire town erased, followed by the unjust sacrifice of those not slaughtered in said town. The only sign of "comfort" was that Lill wasn't apart of either scene. However such insight of false bliss was quickly removed with the sealing of the gates. Though... though Ell had no intention of leaving. Answers are needed, vengeance to atone, and so much more blood has to be spilled. Ell's right eyelid twitched in sudden pain. Following this came the emergence of the man he hunted, Tu'lyz a lieutenant in Prosia's cult. In seeing this man Ell's mind recalls the horrific actions this fiend partook upon him.

For weeks Ell remained hidden in plain sight, he allowed his wealthier upkeep shine as a glimmering light to blind the wicked from noticing his own dark intent. He sold his horse for extra income, he took refuge within the common areas, and gathered information from taverns and the slums. His story was he is traveling abroad for literature and tales; given his demeanor not many ever questioned him. The man...or rather the beast Prosia is the center point of everything. A saint, a healer, a hero, a god -- these terms, these false titles is what the puppets within the walls call him. It was all infuriating; this butcher of innocent needed to be taught a lesson and learn his place. With that Ell began his counter-attack.

In the third week he took the lives of three guards, all were questioned, all were tortured, all remained silent. Strengthening his resolve, on the sixth night of the third week Ell stalked another guard home. This particular guard held rank along with a brand similar to the dead bandit he found outside the town of firsts. That same horrible chill was present this night as well. Once inside Tu'lyz's home Ell was greeted by twelve guards, all with that marking somewhere visible, all waiting for him. It was a trap and he foolishly fell into it. "Looks like we caught ourselves something fun," Tu'lyz chuckled. Ell was quick to act, running he attempted to escape the house however all paths were blocked. The only choice was to go through them, and surprisingly enough he pressed forward charging one guard with an right elbow to the crotch. As another guard came at Ell's left he had quickly drew his sister's blade and thrust it upwards under the helmets chinstrap and into the guards throat. Ell waste no time pulling the blade out and then swinging it into the right side of the guards neck that had so graciously bent forward after the blow to his crotch. The force of this neck stab was accompanied with a push creating a clear pathway for Ell to escape. However upon the second step towards freedom a sharp pain struck the back of his right leg sending his tumbling to the wooden floor. Glaring back in pain Ell is greeted by an arrow sticking out of his leg. He grabs the arrow to try and remove it only for the pain to intensify beyond what he could handle and thus releasing the arrow immediately. "Impressive. What does that make....five?" Tu'lyz said while handing the crossbow to another guard. Tu'lyz walks over the the fallen Ell who's eyes tear up, filled with both rage and pain. Ell's hood removed from the altercation Tu'lyz paused for a brief moment simply marveling at Ell's appearance.

"THE HELL ARE YOU STARING AT? I'LL KILL YOU!" screamed Ell only to have Tu'lyz grin uncontrollably as he began to laugh. "Remarkable. Your appearance to the exact same." Tulyz's words brought a halt in Ell's actions. His eyelids widened as pupils dilate. So many questions, Ell's mind raced at such great speeds he couldn't formulate words. Uttering randoms sounds, Tu'lyz realized he's struck a weak spot and continues. "Yes, I remember. That girl. You must be the one she cried out to for help." And just like that Ell's vision goes tunnel, a crimson hue consumes the world, and nail dig into wooden floor. The sight is invigorating to Tu'lyz and he continues, "Aill? Hll? Ell! That's the name she begged for. All that fight as I made a women out of her." "YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!" in his fury Ell's right eye ignited in a shimmering crystallization of splendid rays. This was what Tu'lyz waited to witness and acted with haste driving a hard right knee into Ell's right ribcage forcing his body to roll over onto his back and snapping the arrow from the pressure. Tu'lyz grabbed at Ell's throat with his left hand locking his fingers firmly under his chin so he couldn't squirm. With his right hand Tu'lyz pulled from a side pouch a small object. Ell's body wrecked with pain that he couldn't move and with the weight of Tu'lyz upon him he was now having a hard time breathing. "Open up now." Tu'lyz words were confusing until Ell opened his eyes seeing for only the briefest of seconds some strange object dangerously close to his right glowing eye. "I'll be taking this." Tu'lyz expressed as he shoved the object into the right eye socket of Ell. The screams that rang out would send shivers down the spine of the bravest man. "There! Oh yah, ain't that a beauty." Tu'lyz blissful in his remark as he rises slowly over Ell who is now twitching on the floor in agony. Ell rolls onto his left side clutching his right hand over where his right eye use to be, his left arm hugging his chest while hand braces the broken rib. The arrow head is jabbed further into his leg leaving only an inch of it visible.

Gazing down at Ell like nothing more than a broken toy, Tu'lyz chuckles some as he licks the eye which has now somewhat crystallized itself. "Yeah, your sister gave that same look. I was too slow to take her eyes so I took everything else. Just looking at you like that, you look just like her." Tu'lyz placed the eye in another small pouch on his hip as well as returning the object back to its location. Kneeling down again Tu'lyz rubs his right index finger over the blood stained area of Ell's leg. The contact brought a sudden jolt to Ell's body and the action excited Tu'lyz. Tu'lyz sucks on his stained index finger cleaning it of Ell's blood. With a deep inhale through his nose Tu'lyz's head tilts back getting drunk off the rush the amount of pain and sorrow he inflicted. "I want more. GIVE ME MORE!" It was so intoxicating; Tu'lyz grabs at Ell stripping him nude before assaulting him sexually now. The rest of the guards simply watch in silence. Ell's screams echo out once more in a sickening mixture of Tu'lyz's cries of ecstasy unreal. When he finished Tu'lyz adjusted himself and gave his men an order, "Go dump him in the slums. Make an example." The remaining guards gathered Ell and his belongings and dumped him in the back of a cart. They road off into an abandoned inn. There they beat Ell further leaving him for dead, however Ell didn't die.

There were those present at the inn, those cast outs whom also resisted the rule of Prosia. This family of three saw the guard beating Ell and thought for sure he had died. Discovering he had lived they nursed him, tending his physical wounds. Though the psychological damage remained and from it gave birth to a darker evil within Ell. This dominating desire alerted those from beyond speak to Ell, encourage his actions, to remind him of the suffering he has endured, and to play upon his emotions of his sister.

Now, a bit over a month later, Blood -- blood needed to be spilled. This chill in the air only comes on nights when a horrific act will take place. Tu'lyz has been studied, he thinks Ell is dead, he holds a false sense of safety and now - on this night, he'll die. Ell awaits the right moment, allowing other guards to spread out and dwindle in numbers. Tu'lyz marches through the streets and Ell follows in silence. The commotion seems to be taking place on the farther end of town. Though there is a distance all areas are on alert status. Tu'lyz enters a square, Ell needs to be a bit more patient before he can strike. Tu'lyz begins to move again and as Ell continues to pursue he hears a thud from an alley around the corner. Ell take a peek and noticed someone passed out on the ground. Ell had no idea who this was nor did it matter at the present time. Tu'lyz is still on the move and he wasn't going to be denied his vengeance on this night. Ell leaves the fallen body behind and continues after Tu'lyz.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm
Between Passing Months Within Provollshia (Sulette & Caulm):

Words become hard to speak after such an atrocity goes freely committed. The justice such an act deserves creates a knot in the throat...silencing all thought or reason. It was in this dismal state that I remained with Caulm and Hrodrick, simply mute and unwilling to face the situation that would ultimately stay.

The first five nights in Provollshia were the toughest. During those times, the alarm would sound several times a day...and the bodies would begin to lay the foundation of a mass grave extending hundreds of feet down into a pit...no names would be marked upon it, and no one would mourn those that resided within. For the longest time, I wished I could show my respect to those people...those people of Fousture...who were discarded into the chasm...but now loosely called the heathens of the forest by popular belief. Correcting the residents of Provollshia was not something that was in my best interest...or anyone's who wished to live beyond the first month that the gates had shut.

Although Remus was possibly within these walls, the terror of being in this strange place overpowered my desire to seek a childhood friend, even if Caulm daily...hourly...every few minutes...would reassure me that Remus' presence grew stronger every day. Provollshia was hundreds of times the size of Fousture...and finding him seemed an insurmountable obstacle. So I took off along the bleaker and less travelled areas of Fousture. Occasionally, I felt the eyes of monsters upon me...standing in broad daylight...they basked in the sun, and preyed on the weak. The trick was not to outrun them or outwit them...but to stay one step ahead of another reasonable victim. I do not take pride in the way I have lived here...most days in Fousture were spent just trying to survive...that did not cut it as people were raped, murdered, beaten beyond broken, and worse. I could not justify any of the things I had done...but I could not...and would not change a single one of the acts committed.

Towards the second week of my stay in Provollshia, the situation was becoming desperate. Keeping a horse such as the thoroughbred I stole from Fousture was drawing too much attention, and we had no funds to stay in the warmth of an inn. Selling the horse seemed to be the only option, but I could not do so...something about losing the only thing that linked me to Remus seemed wrong, and how would I leave this place when the doors of Provollshia opened once more? It was on that same day that I made a final round along the slums of the gates. Not one door stood out with any weaknesses...but one individual stood out beyond the crowd. A young gal that seemed to stay moreso towards the light and avoid the dark, not one characteristic about her struck me as a Provollshian native...she would later reveal her name to be Felaria, another person who did not belong in this place.

Hours later, a deal was presented to Felaria, simply providing Caulm, Hrodrick, and myself boarding in exchange for company, protection, and a payment equal to however much we owed by the time the doors of Provollshia would open. Little did we know...those doors would remain shut for an ungodly long time.

Felaria and the Magi's Inn:

Stalk the prey from the dark, that was how I remember acting the role of a predator. The girl in her room was celebrating a step to furthering her power...something she had planned doing since day one in Provollshia, and this act was gratifying her accomplishment. However, as a predator, I felt nothing, knew only what I needed to, and acted on instinct. That was when I struck. The shutters of the window busted open as I lept through and took it upon myself to charge the target. I knocked over the lit candle and wrapped my one good arm around Felaria's neck, and with a coarse groggy voice I muttered... "Ello poppet".

...old habits die hard.

I smirked as I rolled over the bed and stumbled to the floor, looking for the candle I knocked over as I peaked at Felaria from the corner of my eye, fixing the mess that I made.

"Sorry, hun...I couldn't resist.-
Oh!-
"...and I got you a surprise...hot off the press".

From my trusty new favorite bag I "found" I produced a rather interesting text...something of a few thousand pages...rather old looking...with the title: "Illustrata Archanorum". I handed it over and added it to the pile.

"I also got us dinner".

The smirk I produced was overbearing the emptiness I felt after my 48th day of looking for Remus only to come up empty-handed again. Not a single clue, even false hope is better than nothing. So all I could do is hope that Felaria was unnoticing to how I was truly feeling.

Before I could grab the husks of corn and chicken roast, the Alarm sounded in its blaring fashion...it was numbing...and at this point, it had run on so many nights that I lost count after the fiftieth sounding...it was probably closer to the seventieth at this point...

To Felaria I glanced silently, slowly closing them as I exhaled. But it was in the moments after that they opened with sudden realization, scanning the room once...then twice...then rushing to every crevass and hiding spot possible I checked three times over and shouted...

WHERE'S CAULM!?

In the Midst of the Alarm, (Raven & Ryozah):

The city was beginning to sound like one of the former drills, and in the midst, some individuals thought it wiser to find themselves out and about at this terrible hour. Not only were these fools breaking curfew, but they were about to witness the full blunt force of a simple minded...but excessive force...only purposed to kill the enemy of Provollshia...anyone that was not with Prosia.

As the Feral Child ran in the direction of Raven...but not to Raven...a body ran out and tackled Raven out of the way. Allowing the Feral Child to continue without hindrance.

Caulm had watched the boy run by and rolled aside, knowing it was never wise to sneak up on a bandit. He stayed a distance from her and produced a wool sack from a pile near by, placing it over the both of them to conceal Raven and himself from the stampede of guards that made their way down each street. The second most terrible place to be...was where they were right now as Caulm raised a finger to his lips and simply voiced... "shhhhhh".

There were many feet pounding the floor, heavy steps that numbered to great to make an accurate assessment. To survive this night...they had to work carefully together...

...Caulm stared at Raven and hoped her life was worth saving...

Lucien and the Second Unseen Shape:

In darkness perhaps the young beauty would hear the muffled steps of a giant man thudding upon the floor. His eyes were sharp, but his mind unclear as to why he would even consider doing such a treasonous act. Carefully this massive man wandered to the boy, unconscious upon the floor, and the faint whispers of a young girl carrying through the dark...

"...daddy...that's the angel...right daddy?"

The man was silent as his condescendence was heavy even without being seen...but it was obvious he was worn down by the little girl who was all he had.

"...this is not an angel...honey...but it ain't a demon either..."

His large callous hands lifted the limp boy from the ground and carried him a few hundred feet in a direction that felt lower. And it was in a damp...but warm space that this man would place the boy by a lit candle in a small room. They all would reside there as the town went into chaos.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm
Necrotic Insomniac wrote:The time spent traveling to this town was time given for Hrodrick to test out his healing abilities. Which upon a human seemed less significant than the plant life. Not quite the same level of power flow or perhaps it was just easier to see the effects of the healing on plant life. Though with time it became much more noticeable. Easing the pain, even hastening the healing process. This also helped the pool of energy in which he had in himself. That bunny form would become larger with this larger pool. So many questions he had for those around him who knew magic, but was scared he would be considered a fiend. It was a constant fear, but one he would surely pass by with either lack of interesting in pursuing or finally asking for help. The time spent was indeed needed. Two months of training with this healing by pouring energy into Sulette. The energy was that of life which when more was put into a living being it would heal wounds, plant life would grow and become more lush. That is how he knew his powers were different from that of a mage and thus the reason he hasn't sought out help.

The broken arm of Sulette would be getting closer and closer to being healed completely. Though this night the rabbit took to the streets in the form of a hare. A decent sized rabbit but still none really noticed him. Those who did tried to catch him, but ultimately failed. So many he wished to help, but knew he coudln't. There was no way he could help anyone in these situations they faced. He knew not how to fight like some one man army. This brought forth a pain of remorse. Such that he wanted to try tossing his life away to try and help these unfortunate people. The alarm blaring did little to help his mind set. Through the town the hare dashed back to the inn. Just a bit out of sight is where he placed his clothes. Shifting back his form to the human one and he got dressed. The night was harsh, that was sure. So many in need and no one to save them from their pain and cruel punishments.

Returning to the room the male slumped against the wall and slid down to a seated position. So much death and cruelty, when would it end. That was impossible to know, but one thing was for sure and that was it wasn't going to stop tonight. With that Hrodrick sat and held a look of defeat, not the first time he has thought of doing wrong things, but he never really contemplated it this much. To stop caring, let it all fall away and join the people in their vile ways of using other people for their own gain. Even Sulette did this for sure, same with another from the old village. All the same though he had never let it really seep into him like it did this night.

The thoughts made digits crawl up Hrodricks face and grasp his cranium tightly with a look of horror. The thoughts were maddening, all the pain and suffering his mental scape brought up. Thoughts of doing such things he had seen, brought out anguish. Wide eyed panic rushing through his form. Breath quickening while he begins to sweat, the things he imagined doing to people he didn't know, people who did not deserve such. Mind on a rampage of hideous thoughts he had never before thought possible to think of doing. Head slumps down in defeat when digits relax while breathing was slower and more calming, though it wasn't going to erase the images which just coursed through his mind. Upon the floor out of the way he simply curled into a ball on the floor. Lost to the world around him he would try to sleep. Sleep sounded good to get, feeling so drained.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm
TheMidnightBell wrote:Felaria yelped as the figure crashed in through the window, her lantern crashing to the floor and going out. Now, it had been warm in the Magi's Inn these past few nights, so the fireplace was out. And when that lantern snuffed out again, she freaked out, scrambling for it in an attempt to turn it back on. And colliding with her unknown visitor in the process. It took her a few moments to process the words spoken to her, and to realize that this was an ally. She let out a relieved sigh as the lantern lit itself again, Felaria holding the glass to her chest for a moment before placing it on the end table.

"You can't come in like that!" She huffed, rubbing her neck.

She shook her head as the large text was produced, soon taking interest in it, taking it from him and placing it on the bed.

"But thanks."

She flipped it open to a random page and began reading, closing it and adding it to the pile of books she kept.

"Dinner you say?" She licked her lips, having hardly eaten that day.

But it seemed she would be a bit late to dinner as he rushed around the room before coming in very close to her, and yelling. She nearly didn't understand him in her fear.

"I-I don't know!"
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:I didn't want this. I didn't want to become this. I didn't ask for this nor did I ask for these powers. I just wanted to be wanted.....

In all the darkness I heard voices....they were faint but they were there. I slowly parted my eyes ever so slightly and saw a man carrying me. "Who are you?" Is what I wanted to say but the embrace of sleep engulfed me again.

"How beautiful!"...."He looks like the both of you!"...."Will he be just like....."
In my dream I saw people over me, people I should know....people from my past.....people.....

I woke with a start and in that panic I felt the same power surge and I hear an object explode. What felt like water hit me in the face and I finally started taking in my surroundings. I was lying on the only mattress in the room and in the direction of where the water hit was a shattered mug. I hear familiar voices coming from upstairs, voices I knew all too well, voices of pleasure. I scanned the room to see if there was any clue as to where I was, sadly all I saw were candles scattered to light this dwelling and that was all. The room itself was sparce. I shifted my eyes towards a voice. There was the man who had brought me here....
Junior Admin

Lucien and the Slaughtered Crain Inn:

An alarm was but a faint ringing beneath the moaning brothel. Not even the promise of death was enough to stop miscreants in the act of fondling themselves. However, the feeling of the room beneath the brothel was much different than expected.

Some barrels littered the corners, a single dresser was pressed further away, the mattress beneath Lucien was the only comfort in the room...besides the candlelight. The flame flickered and dwindled as the boy awoke in a flurry. The explosion was loud, but not enough to reach the ears through the floorboards above.

A simple gasp came from rather close to Lucien. The small voice from a golden-haired girl, no more than ten was sitting rather close by when the mug ruptured as if willed. Water sprayed over the mattress, hitting both Lucien and the girl, but triggering the rather hurried response of the man who dwelled there. From the dimly lit shadows came a massive man, standing at over eight feet high, all his features were that of exaggerated masculinity, the ultimate form of a patriarch. And at the extension of his arm came the heavy outline of a weapon. Large was the blunt object he held, a maul with a bronze head that took the shape of a rounded block, shapes of mountains cracking in half were engraved into its glimmering metal. This man was obviously rather protective...and for his own good.

The light caught his face and revealed many markings over the exaggerated features...all oddly resembling that of the Schlakin...or the Guardians of this city who served under Prosia...the very same guards that had confronted Lucien earlier...but...why was Lucien here...with a girl...in a cellar? All possible questions to ask one's self...

The air was full of much tension at this point as the man wielding the maul was determining whether the boy would live or die...but it was the sudden laughter that broke the awkward silence that caused the situation to relieve rather quickly. For the girl suddenly burst into a sudden fit of laughter and smiled wide as she wiped the water off her face with a scummy sheet made to be a dress.

"you said he was a demon daddy, but he is an angel after all."

She leant in closer and broke the barrier of personal comfort as she gazed at the boy and reached out to feel his face and see if he was flesh and blood like she and the man.

The father's hand was still fixed to the large maul, watching the boy as he remained standing in front of him.

..."she may like you...but don't think that I am blind to what you are...outsider..."

Sulette and Felaria Inside the Magi's Inn:

In a panic, I raced towards the window, but upon reaching it...my heart sank. There was no way I would be safe outside, in the middle of an alarm. The ground shook from the amassing Followers who guarded Prosia. I shook my head not heeding any notice to Hrodrick who just returned to the inn. I breathed in rapid succession, on the verge of tears as everyone I knew was becoming lost in a fog. For two months I had no one to rely on...but Caulm was always there, reassuring me that there was something beyond the dirty picture that was painted of this town. I did not understand how important his kindness was until this very moment...and now...I had to react.

I leapt up to the window sill, looking back to Felaria for a second as I spoke...

"You should stay here, Fel. I don't know if I will make it back tonight...but I need Caulm...he's all I have left..."

With those words, I lept from the window, not all that high a drop, something I had practiced many times...and right from the floor, I darted into an alley of the streets I knew best to travel...at least...during the daylight...

A Voice Caressing the Drifting Mind of Hrodrick:

Hrodrick looked tired...Hrodrick looked unwell...Hrodrick spoke volumes to the presence awakened by his plight...

"...dear...dear...boy."
"...are...you...looking...for...relief..?"
"...are...you...not...strong...enough...to...save...this...hell?"

The voice spoke with tendrils slowly enveloping any source of light near Hrodrick...whether it be in dreams or the world around him...everything became darker.

"...do...you...want...to...save...them...all..?"

The question pressed into the deepest desires that Hrodrick wished upon...and the darker the room became...the more warmth enveloped his mind...only if he communicated with this presence.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:This was perhaps not going to be the easiest task that I was set out to. I almost feel as though I were thrown to the wolves. I ran about like a lost puppy, having no idea where to go. I had absolutely no way of figuring out where I had to go or even start. Simply, I was just outright overwhelmed. What did I get myself into? It made me realize something as I ran aimlessly about avoiding contact with anyone that appeared remotely alert. Provided, anyone I had seen through the streets were all apparently after me. Were there no normal people here? I struggled to even focus on a single thing, the thoughts of worry that my mother had when I last spoke with her. She seemed, worried. I guess it made sense now, what I got myself into, and I had just got here. Something was not right about the city as I had run through the cobble and dirt trodden streets. I could just sense it, and it made me feel uneasy.

Coming to a momentary stop, I could smell something drawing near behind, I had to think fast. However, as I motioned to cut to the corner to the left, the scent of something behind me vanished. The return of mixed smells filled my nostrils as I tried to distinguish anything in this mess. By now, I was a good distance away from the wall, as I could not easily see it anymore. This was a bit worrisome as it meant that I had no easy out if I needed to retreat. So, I ducked back into a narrow alleyway, out of sight of any possible onlookers and leapt up against a wall, clinging for but a moment before I kicked off and motioned to climb high on the parallel wall. The amount of force shook me as I still was realizing my own strength. Kicking off again, I would find myself catching onto the ledge of the building I first climbed onto. Some of the clay shingles broke off and fell to the floor below me, alerting guards in the vicinity with a shattering sound.

“Over here, I heard a noise,” a voice could be heard as I clung to the side.

I had to act quickly. Pulling myself up, I rolled myself up onto the roof and out of sight for a moment as I began to catch my breath. Something was wrong, I could feel it in my stomach. As I took steady breathes, I heard guards below me converging with the clattering of their boots. I didn’t dare look, as I tried to make out what they were saying.

“So what are we looking for anyways,” one guard asked.

“How the fuck am I supposed to know. No one has really given any damn details other that the fact that someone was found on the wall, possibly trying to escape,” another guard said.

“I also heard the guard on duty at the wall didn’t even see what the bloke looked like,” A third announced.

“For all we know, he was just seeing shit. We do this multiple times a night. I swear people are just damn paranoid,” the second voice said.

“But at least some of the time the profit rids of the heathens in the city,” the first says with that same sappy blind faith sound coming from his uneducated lips.

“Yeah well, there is nothing over here. I did hear that a couple blocks down though there were a few guards that spotted a young fellow hiding behind some crates. Perhaps we should find out if that was our guy,” The second guy continues.

“Yeah,” says the first voice.

“Sounds good,” says the third.

I could only be certain when they were gone when their footsteps faded away. But even though they were gone, the mix of smells was making me feel sick. What has been going on here that just made me feel so ill? Rising to my feet, I stood atop the clay shingles as I started on my way to look for some sense of direction. I honestly had no idea what to do. I didn’t even know where this man I was to find was. I was given so little direction for what I had to do. These smells just made me feel absolutely sick and it felt like it was getting worse.

I picked up the pace as I started running across the rooftops. I could hear some guards yelling to go follow, and for now, it was not in my direction. It wasn’t until I came to a relatively quieter part of the slums did I find people out in the streets. There, I saw what appeared to be a young boy being carried away by a giant of a man. There, I stood for a moment as I watched him disappear into the distance. What kind of chaos happened in this city that this was something I could stumble upon? I was beginning to see the corruption that Mai-Coh was talking about. But where did I play a part in stopping this? I was beginning to feel like I was thrown into a suicide mission.

It was after passing this scene that I realized something was wrong with me as my body had begun to tremble. I stopped, placing my palms into my face as a particularly strong rush of pain encompassed my body. I rubbed my pressed palms down my face as I opened my eyes. My sight for a moment was going blurry. I was literally about to go sick. This was no place to be sick at all, not in this situation. I had to find shelter somehow.

Struggling, I peered into the distance looking for something remotely barren. I needed to be sure I could find somewhere that didn’t look like anyone lived there. The only thing nearby in sight that I found was what looked to be a worn down church. I stuck out particularly as the wood seemed to have been charred. Was this church on fire recently? It didn’t matter, there was obviously no one going to be inside there. I made my way by rooftop to draw near to it, and as I did, it become clearer that the building indeed at one point was set ablaze. How I could relate to the sad sight of the building.

Jumping down from a lower part of the building I stood upon, I dropped and was brought to my knees as another rush of pain created a wave of fluctuating pain. I had to hurry up and get inside. I struggled getting back up to my feet; my strength seemed to be fading from me, once again getting the overwhelming sense that I was simply just a weak person. I trembled as I walked around the building looking for a way inside.

It wasn’t long before I found a poorly boarded up window that I could unhinge and slide into. Inside was not much greater than the outside. Everything was burned down. Honestly, I was a little surprised that it was still standing. Walking in, I didn’t make it far beyond the charred benches before I dropped to my knees again, I grabbed my gut as I vomited nearly the entire contents that lay in my gut across the burned floorboards.

Was I dying?!

What was going on?!

Was it the city that was doing this to me?!

I slouched down after I released everything from my stomach. But it didn’t stop there as waves of pain fluctuated throughout my body. I clenched my right fist tight as the pain quickly became something unbearable. It felt like my blood was literally boiling form within, everything was on fire, just like this church once was. My vision blurred as I could no longer focus on anything, my senses simply went dull as everything just overwhelmed me. I could not handle it as my body felt as though it were twisting from within. My muscles felt like they were being torn apart over and over again, but when I looked franticly to and fro about my body with struggled focus, I could not see anything. Eventually, I felt my consciousness slip away from me as the pain had become entirely too much.

Did I just die?
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:"Trapped? Cornered? Saved?" These thoughts fluttering through my mind as I gazed upon this threatening large man. He had some blunt weapon in hand and as dangerous as the weapon looked so did he. I was feeling that pulse of power again when from directly to my side I heard a bell like laughter. I turn to see a girl quite literally face to face.

"You said he was a demon daddy, but he is an angel after all." I looked at her perplexed. Wondering what she meant by those words. I flinched as she brought her hand to my face. It was gentle and innocent something I've naught had in my life ever. I could hardly speak, my voice seem to falter amidst the confusion of my "saviors?" If that title is appropriate has yet to be seen. So many questions to ask but one was certain. The one question I needed to ask. "Who are you?"

Before I could muster up the vocal strengh in a soft bellowing voice the man said one strange thing.

"...she may like you....but don't think I am blind to what you are outsider..."

What did he mean?
Does he know what I am?
Can he tell me how to control this?
Am I a monster?

All these thoughts and emotions and question flooded my mind. I felt trapped but sad at the same time, but more so terrified. This man looks at me as if I am an enemy. I back away slowly against the wall and brought my knees up to my chest. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I was afraid, I was afraid of dying. I was afraid of hurting them. I simply muttered in a scared petrified voice....."Who are you? and What am I?" Then in a louder voice louder than I meant it to be I exclaimed. "Please tell me!" As the volume of my voice escaped my lips I feared a strike so I ducked my head into my knees and curled against the wall waiting for the possible strike and the pain that will follow........
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm
Z-Faulds wrote:A sudden pang of warning resounded within Ryozha's mind, as the woman he had followed was suddenly gone from his sight as though the darkness of night itself had enveloped her in its cold embrace. Out of instinct, he hid behind the crates again before peering out to see that the figures he had pursued were now gone. Ryozha rose to stand only to hear the shattering of...something in the distance. The sound pierced his ears in the night, even with the siren roaring all around.

"Damn." He spat his curse with disdain. "As if things couldn't get any--"

His whisper was cut short as the sound of running feet pounding against the cobblestones echoed from behind him. Quickly turning his head, Ryozha spotted three men staring down the alley at him. He froze momentarily, ready to sprint away at a moment's notice.

"There he is!" The first guard called out. "Get him!"

All three men darted towards him, their white garments flapping wildly as they brandished their blades. Without sparing a moment, Ryozha grabbed the stack of crates and pulled them to the side with as much force as he could muster. The brittle wood, beaten and abused by the elements, shattered loudly as various contents spilled onto the ground. With his make-shift barricade acting as an obstacle, despite its lack of proper effectiveness, Ryozha turned on his heels and sprinted down the alley.

The young Geomancer began to cut corners, darting form one backstreet alley into another in an effort to throw his pursuers off. Despite this, the guards were practically at his heels, only a few meters behind. Ryozha made a sharp left and saw a dead end before him. He had no time to panic, with the trio of armed guards quickly making their way to where he would be cornered. Next to him was a cart filled with cut stone and gravel, the sight of which gave him an idea that might save him. He quickly grabbed handful after handful of the broken stones and hurled them onto the ground in the direction of the approaching guards. By the time they made it to him, there was a space between them and Ryozha that was over two meters in length filled with gravel and large stones.

"End of the line, heathen. You should have been killed at the gates."
"Filthy outsider!"
"Make peace with your god, rat!"

"A rat, am I?" Ryozha's tone was calm and confident, a devious smirk dancing across his face beneath his cloak's hood. "Then you should know that a cornered rat will not go down without a fight."

"That's it. I'll cut out your tongue and kill you myself."

The first guard stepped forward onto the gravel that had been spread by Ryozha. The Geomancer counted each step aloud, making sure the armed men could hear him.

"One...two...three...four." Ryozha muttered loudly.

At the count of four, Ryozha lifted his left hand and clenched a fist tightly. At first nothing happened, but the sudden movement caused the guard to halt his advance. This bluff was exactly what Ryozha was counting on. With the man standing still amidst the rubble, Ryozha concentrated on the ground and mentally called out to the terrain beneath his feet. The small stones began to shake and dance across the cobble stone for a couple seconds before the sound of rock splitting sounded quietly within their secluded alley. The resulting burst of magic from Ryozha created a cloud of swirling dust that irritated the eyes and throat of the guardsman. When the burst of magic created the miniature dust cloud, the other two rushed in to offer aid to their comrade. This was, unfortunately, exactly what Ryozha wanted.

Just as I thought...denser than a bag of stone, just like all of the followers of that damned bastard.

Without a pause, Ryozha dashed forward with his broadsword drawn. As he ran, the cloud swirled and parted around him as he reached the first guard. With a quick horizontal swing of his sword, the blade's tip caught the man's exposed throat and sliced it in a light spray of blood that splattered against the wall. The second guard was less disoriented as his fallen comrade, swinging his weapon down in an attempt to subdue the nomadic mage. Ryozha deftly sidestepped the swing to the left, using his many years of traversing unsteady terrain as a basis upon his footwork. With the guard's sword striking the ground in a grand show of sparks, Ryozha's own was buried within the guard's gut.

Rather than removing his weapon from the second slain guard's stomach, Ryozha continued forward towards the final guard before he could sound another alarm. Clenching his steel-clad fist tightly, Ryozha slammed his fist into the guard's face with force enough to send the man sprawling on his back, unconscious.

"Gods dammit....that hurt." He shook his left hand out lightly before bending down to loot the knocked-out guard's possessions. Aside form the longsword that Ryozha took, he also found a small coinpurse and a hand-written scroll declaring the purification of the outsiders. "Well, might as well take what I can."

Ryozha rent the white fabric in two, and frantically began to remove a few pieces of armor from the guard and placing them on himself. Now garbed with a plated pauldron on his left shoulder and a hammered steel breastplate, Ryozha nodded and lifted his hood before turning for the cart and using ti to vault himself onto an adjacent rooftop.

Much to his surprise, there was nobody patrolling the roofs, at least in the area he was in. This granted him a sigh of relief as he slowed his breathing to stop his pulse from racing. Reaching out with his mind, he could feel the unconscious guard's presence below him and made a note on just how the sensation made him feel. Ryozha then cast his attention around in an attempt to detect any others that matched the feeling he had from the guard. While the number was staggering to even consider, Ryozha felt a presence still nearby that was unlike the one he received form the guards. With a nod and the adjustment of his cloak, Ryozha carefully moved from rooftop to rooftop in silence towards what would be Magi's Inn.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm
Lucien and the Slaughtered Crain Inn (Continued):

As soon as the boy backed away from the small girl's hands a look of subtle worry was expressed upon her face, not based on the fact that this boy was unpredictable, but based on the fact that it was uncertain how broken this boy truly was. She believed everyone could be saved, but knew not every person deserved it.

To her father, she glanced in silence. He could see how much she wanted to help this boy...and it was at her command that he steadily lowered the maul to the floor. Although the stern look in his eye never left, the father whispered to the boy, a response to the emotional state he was in.

"...I once had a name, long ago...a father...a mother...I even remember a sibling I would compete with. But those days are but faded memories."

With a gentle grasp of his daughter's hand, he lifted her from the floor and pressed her into his massive frame. Small hands clung to him as she gazed back to the boy with wondrous green eyes and a smile that tugged at the sorrows of hearts.

The father continued his talk, trying to speak in a way that made his frame smaller.

"...You may call me by the only name I know...Begriss. And this little one...who saved your life..." He emphasized those words harshly...as though foreboding a known end to anyone who harmed his daughter. "...she is Tuli..."

Tuli broke in with a giggle. "I am also eight and three-fourths years grown!"

Begriss gazed constantly to the boy...returning to the second question he spoke. "I know not what you are...but let us take baby steps...we can learn together..."

To show a sign of peace, Begriss sat before the boy at the foot of the bed, trying to lessen his height...sitting together in a civil fashion.

"...so...what's your name young one?"

In the Wake of Ryozah's Actions:

In the "triumph" of Ryozah's brutality...hundreds of Provollshian Guardians crowded the streets, no individual desired to be caught in this onslaught; which seemed to keep the people of Provollshia in their homes. The massive bells on the walls continued to ring out. A sea of white formed in the disturbed alley the bloody pools had only begun to seep into the crevasses of the stone and dirt. A struggle was obvious, however...out of the three...one still breathed.

"Tell us you have a target you worthless whore..."

The voice of heavy disdain bellowed from a heavily marked man who had no hood covering his face. Intricate bands of burnt scars followed his face and did not seem to stop, even as it ran down his neck through his white garb.

The male who had been unconscious stared with utter fear in his eyes...a trait that Schlakin were not supposed to possess...

"There is a boy...Burnt Command...he wields a broadsword...and is akin to control the very dirt we stood upon...he...he stole the sacred robes of our people..."

Crowded around the single man who was taken down by but a boy...the sea of white stared at him in silence...a great endeavor as there were now hundreds of men filling this very street.

It was the Burnt Command that spoke...and only he would do so...

"...is that all?"

The statement was blunt...and that feeling of despair was not enough to save his life...for the Schlakin did not function with weakness.

Both hands of the Burnt Command slammed into the survivors head, prompting a fit of screams that echoed through the streets...as the survivor's face began to melt against the very touch of the commander. Those screams continued for a long while until the tongue burst and clogged the throat, his eyes sunk through an empty pit where the sockets fell through. The dead Schlakin fell to the floor and now the others awaited order.

"...you know what to do...look for a broadsword...and a pip squeak who thinks he can blend in."
"Arbalists...take to the roofs...no one may move freely above..."

Provollshian Guardians took off in massive squadrons throughout the city, entering every section of the city...even the slums in an impressive force.

To the tops of buildings...armed guardians wielded crossbows, searching with a hellbent desire to end the life of anyone who fit the description given. They had a target, and this was spread among the Schlakin like wildfire.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Kindness......? I don't think the luxury has ever crossed my path. I certainly never thought this towering man would ever show it. Still waiting for the strike to end my life I heard him whisper "...I once had a name, long ago...a father...a mother...I even remember a sibling I would compete with. But those days are but faded memories." From my cowering state i relaxed and lifted my head. He said in a softer tone "...You may call me by the only name I know...Begriss. And this little one...who saved your life..." The next phrase made me flinch a little with how loving he said it. "...she is Tuli..." The little girl smiled and said words that made me chuckle through the fear and sadness. "I am also eight and three-fourths years grown!"

This must be what a family must be like. He loves her dearly and simply would do anything to keep her from harms way....I was amazed that such kindness could exist. I looked to meet Begriss' gaze, apparently he never stopped looked towards me, but his eyes were gently this time. As if to ensure me I was in no danger. It was comforting. It was kind......

"I know not what you are...but let us take baby steps...we can learn together..." He moved to the foot of the mattress which made back a little further even though I was against the wall. This time tough I relaxed when he showed no signs he was going to strike me, or grab me, or harm me in any way. He seemed to try and look less intimidating.....

"...so...what's your name young one?" Did he ask my name? No one has ever taken an interest in my name.....at least not out of sexual indecency. I relaxed my form a bit and sat on my legs in a seated position to show respect. After all Begriss and Tuli saved my life. I looking down said in a still weak and soft voice. "I am Lucien...and thank you for saving my life." I followed with choked back words. "I am also sorry for breaking your mug. I am sorry for causing you grief. I am just sorry...." I felt tears streaming down my face, I couldn't hold back.

I felt the pair looking at my pathetic frame as I lost control of my emotions. Years have passed since I had to be a whore, years its been since I last known any kindness, years its been since I last felt safe. I didn't know what to do, I felt guilt and worry but most of all helplessness. "I can't control these powers....." I tried to calm myself, but little progress was being made. "Everytime I get upset, everytime I lose control it surges and explodes...."I've had to sell myself all these years just to survive..." I grabbed my sides and held myself. With a sad choked voice i said "Am I worth nothing?" I felt the power surge again, but it faded as soon as I crumbled into the mattress sobbing and crying tears that had been pent up since long ago. "I've tried to leave the city...but I'm trapped...I need to find someone to help me, help me control these powers....." I lift myself to where I was holding myself up but looking down with tears dripping from my eyes.

I was sad.
I was pathetic.
I am alone.

"I cannot thank you enough for saving my worthless hide...but please...." The words filled with desperation and solitude. Words filled with sadness. Enough sadness to suffocated even the most joyful smiles. "Please help me......."
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven was suddenly tackled to the ground. She was about to snap at the person who tackled her, but he said to be quiet, and so she did. She heard gaurds running past, and she stayed perfectly still. She didn't know what was going on. As soon as there where gone she glared at the person besides her."You didn't have to tackle me, you could have just told me people were coming and I could have hidden myself." She said, trying to stay calm. She sighed softly, deciding she would have to wait for a few days before going out to steal stuff again. She was slightly agitated by that. The alarms weren't a problem, the gaurds running around were. She looked at the man."rWell, thank you for helping me, now I will be on my way." She said, moving so she would be able to stand up.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:12 pm
Raven & Caulm's Close Call:

At a distance, heavy footsteps began to fade into the passing streets. The young, white-haired boy steadily rose from the weaved bag that hid the two from the now distant guards. Through the agitation in her voice, Caulm glanced over to her and tilted his head as she gave an option to his act...although too late, he frowned and whispered back in defense.

"It was not the people coming I was worried about...just the boy you tried to stop."

His eyes were now planted to the floor, a sort-of déjà vu kept lingering about Caulm as he lived this moment with the girl he never met but felt somewhat connected to. A twitch in his fingers and a rattle in his mind, he glanced up to the girl...listening to her sigh before motioning her goodbyes in her movements and her words. The look of nervous dread overcame him as he suddenly reached out and grabbed her arm, whispering,

"...there are forty hundred children in this labyrinthian graveyard that have tears dripping from their faces tonight...because they know today's morning someone will end up dead."

Caulm stared upon her harshly as he spoke with more desperation...

"We could end Prosia's life...before tomorrow's night...if you will help me do so..."

Every word spoken, he felt as though was said before...although the result of his conversation with this girl was unknown, he spoke with clarity and urgency. He was indeed one who possessed a power unknown to many. This power, he believed was all he needed to end a tyrants rule in the span of a single day and night.

Lucien & the Slaughtered Crain Inn (Continued):

Although as a Schlakin and a Guardian of Provollshia at one point in his life, a title that portrayed unhinged brutality over anyone who defied the very name of Prosia, Begriss' heart was too big for such a life. And as he witnessed Tuli slide over next to the boy slowly, she gently pressed part of her makeshift dress against the dampness of the water spilled upon Lucien. With a soft smile as she dabbed his head, she whispered...

"...there you are Mr. Lucien."
"...and I never liked that mug anyways."

From where she sat she wrapped her arms around the boy, and pulled him into her shoulder, it was rather sudden, and without any warning. Begriss' eyes were wide for a moment, but he did not make any motion to stop his daughter. He simply observed with his hand against the handle of the maul, sitting at the base of the bed.

After a moment, his coarse voice whispered to Lucien.

"...I hear you lad, nothing here in Posia's land is sacred...and even further...you lose everything the longer you stay within these gates."
"...You may not believe it, but you are lucky to be alive...everyone right now...able to take their own breath...is lucky to be alive."

He glanced from Lucien to Tuli, and as he sat, his eyes wandered over the ceiling.

"...I've seen many a strange magic in this city...but none like what you can do, lad."
"And, though these beggar streets seem know you well...something tells me you aren't looking to stay here."

Remus and the Burnt Ruins of a False God:

Beyond these unsacred walls, the faint light from the moon and lit beacons outside slipped in through many cracks. The room the feral boy, Remus, found himself in was no larger than needed for a very small congregation. Charred embers and blackened stone made up the inside of this Church. Not a single marking though was revealed of who this shrine was made to worship. It made no difference whether it was Prosia's shrine or another's, this structure was destined to burn in such a harsh environment.

The only structure of this entire room that seemed to survive a majority of the fire was a simple stone altar at the back of the room, raised to a point of three steps, and primarily composed of three flat stones. The oddity of this formation was a single large and worn down sword, the rust was eating away at the metal that shown. It stood prominently from the center of the altar but was buried through the very stone it penetrated, down to the hilt. An oddity indeed...but even stranger was the faint whisperings that resonated from the blade. A single voice that spoke in so many languages...it was hard not to be drawn to it.

...my child...son of light...there is warmth in your heart...

...do you...hear me..?
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Warmth is a new sensation for someone like me, especially from a complete stranger. I felt a cloth dab my head where the water from the mug I had destroyed had splashed onto me. From my sorrowful position I looked to see Tuli using her dress to dry my head.

"...there you are Mr. Lucien."
"...and I never liked that mug anyways."

Her words made me smile slightly, making me feel less like a vandal. Then as swift as the wind she brought me to her shoulder in an embrace, never had another held me this way. I knew not how to respond but more so I felt unworthy. Why was she so kind to me? When no other would even blink at my suffering. I simply melted into the kindness, finally feeling an emotion other than anguish.

"...I hear you lad, nothing here in Posia's land is sacred...and even further...you lose everything the longer you stay within these gates."
"...You may not believe it, but you are lucky to be alive...everyone right now...able to take their own breath...is lucky to be alive."

I heard his coarse voice whisper from the small distance between us.

"...I've seen many a strange magic in this city...but none like what you can do, lad."
"And, though these beggar streets seem know you well...something tells me you aren't looking to stay here."

Finally feeling like i had regained some composure I gently slid from Tuli's embrace to face the man that was giving me a chance, that was giving me hope.
"I do not wish to stay here....I lost so much already here within these walls.....I fear that I'll lose more than just myself...I fear I'll die or kill others if I do not leave this city." As I spoke these words flashes and images rapidly flooded my eyes but as quick as they appeared, they were gone. "I feel something calling me, pulliing me towards place I've never been." I look directly to Begriss' eyes. "If there is anyway out, please lead me there. I don't have much but I can give you some coin." I looked at him pleadingly, with eyes that gleamed with desperation and determination. But as I gazed at him I remember the words he said, "...I've seen many a strange magic in this city...but none like what you can do, lad.". I looked down for a brief moment but looked back to Begriss' face with a puzzled and confused expression. "What do you mean none can do what I do?".
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Chaos rules the streets this night, and to the shadows Ell remains. Hunting his prey has become a bit more difficult due to the numerous increase of guards actively racing about. Blanket in trash to cloaked in pure darkness, all movement occurred only during absolute stealth. Ell is now forced to slow his pace allowing Tu'lyz a greater opportunity to escape his fate. With irritation building Ell's patience decreases. The opportune moment may not present itself at this rate and thus this bastard shall be able to continue breathing. Continue hurting. Continue to haunt Ell's mind.

A guard that had been accompanying Tu'lyz broke from his side due to orders and began to head back towards Ell's hidden location in an alleyway. As soon as the guard turned to face Ell he recognized him as one of the others that had been there that night a month ago. This had to be a blessing from the universe. Ell's desire for blood shall begin with this guard and continue with Tu'lyz. All he had to do was wait in silence. Tu'lyz and two other guards walked through an the streets and made a left at the first corner. This other guard however walked ever so closer towards death. While passing the alley Ell is hidden in, the guard is grabbed from behind with his mouth covered. Ell used his left hand to cover the guards mouth, his right heel stomping the back of the guards right knee, and his sister's blade piercing the right side of the guards neck. As the guard falls back, Ell forcefully drags him and allowed the guard to see his face. "Remember me..." Ell whispered while continuing to pull him off into the alley.

Ell twist and pulled the blade in a way a gaping hole released a flowing stream of blood - slowly forming a pool. Ell dumped the body into the spot he hid to keep it out of sight as he stumbled from the alley with blade still in hand. Surprisingly Ell only got blood on his right sleeve and upper inner patch on his hooded cloak. Ell cleans the blade and arm, wiping it on some of the rags in the trash where he hid before moving down the street towards the corner Tu'lyz went. On his approach Ell hears voices, he hears Tu'lyz speaking with possibly the other two guards with him. However he didn't release there was five other guards that arrived with orders and three of them were slowly approaching the corner from which Ell is slowly sneaking up on. Ell posts up next to a doorway of an abandoned home. Just a few more steps and he will spring around the corner and attack.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven stopped and looked at the man behind her. He had her attention. As she listened, she couldn't help but smile slightly. Kill Prosia, that would be perfect. After all, she has wanted to end his life for months." Ok, I'll help you." She said. She rembered the burning itch that the mark caused again at that moment, and it seemed to have worsened a bit at the mention of killing the false god. After all, it would only be satisfied by bloodshed, and bloodshed there would be. She had always carfully hidden the mark with either gloves, or by other means. She took off her gloves and put the in a pocket, her mark on display, but she didn't care." So, when do we start?" She asked, looking at the man again.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:It was odd to think of something that was at one point on fire, feeling so cold. My cheek was pressed against the charred hardwood floor when I was coming to. A feeling I was not particularly fond of with the worn down surface that felt as though it was more corroded than burned. The scent of all that was once in my gut filled the air as I opened my eyes slightly, feeling groggy. The sound of a voice beckoned to me, waking me from my forced slumber. I had no orientation of time to know how long I was out for, but one thing I did notice right away was the pain was now gone. In fact, I felt so rejuvenated.

Pressing my palms to the floor as I pushed myself up onto my knees, I perked up, my head moving to and fro, alerted from the sound of a voice. At the end of the walkway was where I saw it. The moons light carefully illuminating what appeared to be an alter with something sticking out from atop of it. My vision was still blurred as my body was still waking up and adjusting to what felt like an entirely new body. I felt foreign in my own skin as I pulled myself to my feet. A deep breath filled my lungs as I paused for a moment before I could think of responding, “W-who are you?”

I began to walk to the alter, feeling compelled to draw closer to it. As I did, it became more apparent that the object in the alter was indeed a sword. It did not look to be in the best of shape, but given the state of the place, I was not in the least bit surprised. I was nearly to the alter when I had come to a stop, a mere few feet away from it. Enough to see the alter up close and its cracked state, but not close enough to touch it. I was still not sure I could trust it, as my senses could not pick anything up to what it might be.
Junior Admin

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die?

Although the streets were clear for the moment, Caulm did not feel this was a safe place to create a plot to end the God of Provollshia, Prosia. His eyes locked onto Raven's, the initial show of the mark upon her hand startled him at first, but after viewing it for a brief moment, he whispered.

I remember that mark, I saw it many nights ago.

He looked closer to it for a second before kneeling down and placing his fingers around her wrist pulling it closer to his eyes as he tilted his head, following the lines.

I know this mark.

His voice was at a whisper. A subtle glance up to Raven as he continued.

You desire blood...and there is no end to this insatiable appetite... Is you life worth theirs?

He gazed upon her for a longer moment...knowing she might not understand who he was referring to, so he spoke bluntly and coldly.

...you won't bring back those bodies that reside at the bottom of the pit... But if you want Prosia to pay...I can lead you to him.

Caulm slowly walked backwards into the alley, the shadows covering his light hair, fingers once wrapped around her wrist slipped away as he looked to see what Raven would choose.

Those who Hide at the Slaughtered Crain Inn:

Begriss had significantly let his presence mold from menacing to that of a somewhat nurturing father. Tuli had wandered from Lucien and made herself a seat in her father's lap. With arms wrapped gently around his back and her head pressed into his chest, Begriss could do nothing but love his little girl as he pressed his lips to the top of her head. His hand gently upon her back.

An eye of Begriss' caught Lucien's, the words he spoke were of desperation and the desire for the unknown. However, there was no rush felt in this hovel, this dug-out hole that was deemed a safe place. Begriss even spoke firmly.

"Lad. This is a Safe Place, you are in a Safe Place."

Begriss tried to convince the boy of those words. Something about making a move for the outer world seemed to be almost threatening...but it was more so the tinge of fear in Begriss' eyes as he glanced upon his daughter who had a vacant look to her. Something empty...possibly ghostly was about her as Begriss was silent...and letting a tension build between those in the room.

This went on for a short eternity, but Begriss ended the silence with the answering of Lucien's final question.

"...now lad...let's not get all riled up...we can stay here...no need to get our hands dirty. The walls will open shortly."
"...That power you have is something that I doubt any eyes of Provollshia have ever seen. And this place has quite a bit of magic, you just haven't seen it yet. And frankly...Prosia would take you away if he saw such power."

Begriss' hand was shaking similar to a lilt in his voice. His hand was much firmer around Tuli after the mentioning of leaving. But Begriss should have seen it coming, he never mentioned it, but it was apparent he regretted asking Lucien the question.

"...daddy..."

The small voice of Tuli came out of her now unsmiling lips.

"...I want to leave..."

Remus and the Burnt Ruins of a False God (Continued):

Empty...the presence held nothing to it...like the gutted church that once stood here. Illumination came to the few specks of once polished metal on the sword. It must have been some form of silver, or perhaps a blend of metals...but nothing that the elements could not decompose as time went on. There might have been markings upon the blade at one point, but now...they were just indentations...unable to be read.

Although Remus awaited a response...standing much closer to the altar now than he had prior...the voice was silent. But the cracks in the stone...plunging a sword in through all three pieces revealed something unusual...

A hollowed out compartment of the center slab...only large enough for a child to fit...and if Remus looked closely enough to the cracks...he might notice the empty...unmoving eyes of a corpse pressed into the stone, it's jaw twisted open into the shape of a scream that may have lost its voice...but had not lost its presence of eternal suffering.

The blade penetrated through the lung of the corpse and had been fashioned into a stake that kept this unfortunate soul planted like this for what seemed to be many years.

It was only after a long pause that the voice resonated from the faint shimmering of the sword...almost as if battling it to communicate to the boy before it.

...my child...son of light...I have...no name...for uttering it...would cause...great suffering...for us all...

The voice seemed to carry with it a gasping pause between each couple of words...something that might have been associated to its demise. The feminine voice spoke again without a mouth to move.

...know this...son of light...my family...resides in...the pit...of thousands...dead.

...behind this...Church...you will...see it...

...I have...a single...request...

...with it...I will...reward...

...your struggle...

The voice finally ceased...and the church was still. It felt as cold as it had when Remus laid upon its charred floors. But every stone seemed to create a tension...awaiting the voice of this young boy.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor:

Upon this night...little did those who acted know that this alarm held with it a much different feeling than prior alarms. From those of Provollshia...and those not, the feeling of an insatiable bloodlust was spilt on both sides...something that was thought about many times...but this night...action gave way to silent contemplation.

It could be felt in the cold dead fingers of the guard that Ell so mercilessly ended the life of. It hid well int the dark space that it would remain for rats. And though it would likely never be seen again, the act of witnessing a murder could not be so easily forgotten.

This night held many unseen graces for many unknown faces...but the boy, Ell, was alone...determined...but what life was he clinging to? At a glance this city had turned him cruel. It sought what he once was two months prior and changed it completely. But to how Provollshia did this, I would never know. And though he likely sought no refuge or help from another's hand, his bloodlust clouded his judgement.

...rule one of being a thief...divert.

A broken piece of brick was cast harshly from my hand and flew through the air without much presence until it collided with a glass window a few feet over the unnoticed guards heads. The bulk of the glass fell inward as a flurry of screams echoed from within the residence, but that was only the start of what I had going through my head. Unfortunately, adrenaline makes people do stupid things...and I am no exception.

Taking my stupid teenage frame that was still recovering from a two-month-old injury I dashed out from the alleyway across from Ell. Using the full force of my body, I launched myself forward and tackled Ell through the doorway that he hid within, crashing through the frame as I collided with the floor, hoping that the idea in my head would be what came to fruition. I should have known better than to trust my brain to work out a feasible plot to end this as I listened to the commotion outside, hoping it did not follow us in here.

I could not tell if I was any worse for the wear...for I knew this boy had a knife, I did not know where it was...and even though he probably did not remember me...I sure as hell remembered him.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:"Lad. This is a Safe Place, you are in a Safe Place."

"Safe place.....safe place....." I thought to myself over and over. How could this possibly be safe? At any moment the guards could find us, at any moment I could be dangerous. Though Begriss is imposing and very strong as it seems, I sense that we should not stay here. The flashes that I see are quick and I cannot see them clearly, but I can see some. These flashes, these visions are telling me we need to leave. The silence betwixt the three of us was thick and the tension seemed to rise. Oddly enough Tuli was silent. I did not know when she left me but there she was in her fathers lap as if needing comfort. The more I felt the tension and the need to leave it became a desperation.

Begriss stated that we needed to not become riled up, but how could I not? My ears perked up when he answered my question. The question of why has no one seen similar powers that I hold within my body. "...That power you have is something that I doubt any eyes of Provollshia have ever seen. And this place has quite a bit of magic, you just haven't seen it yet. And frankly...Prosia would take you away if he saw such power." That statement made me even the more nervous and stressed. Prosia....the name fills me with fear, fear that swallows my hatred, fear that urges my sense to leave.

"Begriss I implore you....please we need to leave....." My voice cut short. I felt the same power start surging but more painfully than anytime before. It was a pulsing pain through my skull. My vision blurred, my head spun and the world was going white. I grabbed the sides of my head in hopes to stop the pain, in hopes to stop the surge....but the more it went on the more it surged to stronger heights.

I did not hear when Tuli spoke but the words I caught were "I want to leave". It was serious, and it was unnerving. In this short time I've not seen this girl not happily say something nor show anything not happily. It was as if she was empty and it scared me.......

"Aggghhhhhhh!!!" I screamed, the pain became white fire. Never had I experienced this, this was as if the power had been over filling and started to overflow. It felt like every part of my body had held too much in and now it was break through. I saw the energy flow through my body and emanate the vibrate bluish white light from before, the surge sent my body rigged, my head back and my spine arched as I knelled facing up. Then all went white......

"Follow the chaos to find the way.....outside the ways where none shall decay.....with the city you will meet thine end....unless you leave to farthest bend.....others wait unknowingly.....with a destination of equal urgency.....the wheels of fate turn to you....guide them Begriss.....decide soon......

As the light faded from Lucien's body the power subsided and so did his consciousness, with a gasp of air Lucien fell forward onto the mattress towards Begriss and Tuli.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum