View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm
WitheredRose wrote:One thing after another. Normally, her luck was bad, but this took it to a new extreme. Whatever this beast was, it /was/ after her, and the very idea made Cadie feel as if she would pass out. Though, despite the dizziness that plagued her, she gripped Tuli’s hand tighter, and pulled her along as fast as she could. Maybe her speed didn’t increase, she wasn’t sure, because everything suddenly seemed to be going in slow motion. The sound of rocks and bricks bursting forth filled her ears like a muffled volcano, heat consuming the air around them, most likely due to the molten components of the creature that hunted them. Cadie’s green eyes drifted to the side in which the creature had burst forth, debris drifting through the air soundlessly. She couldn’t feel her feet anymore, she didn’t know what was going on anymore—Cadie was losing the battle. At least, she had been, before she was shoved forward, and the last few steps were granted before the tumble through a door.

The feel of Tuli landing on top of Cadence, snapped her back to reality, and her emerald, glossed over oculars, cleared. It was then she could feel the burning within her body, her feet aching as if they bore their own cuts, most likely beginning to bleed from the strenuous run. She panted, tears welling up in her eyes, her arms dropping to the ground at her sides, weakened. Cadie was relatively sure a piece of debris had grazed her arm, though she didn’t bother looking, the sharp pain was enough to know that there was some type of injury there, but she had made it. The sound of deep sniffing noises, like the thing was a large dog, was faint, though clear… the growls causing the young orphan to shiver, her hands balling into tiny fists at her sides, causing her to cringe and release her right hand, the arm spiraling with pain. Would it sense them? Were they going to die? She didn’t want to die, she just wanted that damn necklace, and a few other things, but the necklace was what she had gained.

I won’t cry… I don’t cry…

The thoughts repeated within her mind, reminding herself exactly who she was, that she was stronger than that, she wasn’t a little helpless girl, she was strong, and she never cried. But why did she feel the warmth of tears running down her cheeks? Cleaning small paths upon her flushed skin.

The sound of the sniffs grew louder, and then stilled. She finally lifted her good arm, and pushed Tuli up, before getting to her own feet, her knees shaking. “We need to keep going.” She said in a whisper, grabbing the girls hand once again, and pushing her way into the next room. The sound of voices filled Cadie’s ears… they were in an inn, and as much as the girl hated to admit it, she was grateful. Maybe it wouldn’t follow them here, maybe, they would make it. Though, despite the people, Cadie made herself run again, moving as quietly as possible to avoid too much attention from the guests. Though, she was a dirty child and both girls were a bit bloodied from their adventure… so attention was given to them regardless—though, thankfully, not much. She didn’t want to go outside again, and so she didn’t… she ran toward the center of the inn, and into a bathroom, shutting the door behind her and Tuli. As quickly as possible, Cadence turned the faucet on, and began cupping water into her hands, scrubbing her face. It was chasing her, maybe because her scent was so strong? Cadie had no idea, but she had to hurry, it seemed to have a very strong sense of smell, and her scent, likely was quite obvious.

On the upside, however, if it busted into the inn, there were two exits the girls could take once they left the bathroom, and they would feel it long before it had time to reach them… as well as hear it tearing through the inn. She may be a orphan, but she was capable of thinking pretty darn well when she had to. At least now, she wasn’t crying anymore, even if it still threatened to surface again.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm
Jeshem wrote:Dr. Blackblood stifled a shudder as the boy let out a chuckle from his corpse-like throat. Whatever tower sheltered creatures like the one before him could not be a good, safe place. Alcezar casted a quick glance at the inn as warm light poured out, reflecting of the pouring rain. He hesitated for a moment until he felt the nagging beginning again at the back of his mind. Read. Decipher and read.

"Can you at least tell me where we are going?" he called to the retreating corpse boy, not expecting an answer. Gods know how much he simultaneously wished for and dreaded to find any answers right now.

One reluctant foot followed another as the doctor entered the alley. Turning back and casting one last forlorn look at the inn, Dr. Alcezar Blackblood, clutching the scroll and scalpel, plunged into the darkness after the corpse boy.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm
Multiplexis wrote:Milo was not entirely certain how he recognized Ell amidst the shock and carnage, and there was an overabundance of both. Ell had finished with his victim and looked as if he was going to turn on the girl with him, yet much to his credit he restrained himself and calmed down, at least as much as anyone may calm down in this situation.

It was not difficult for Milo to notice Ell's glowing eye, and stranger still the light died out as Ell broke down in his sorrow. Was it magic? If so what was it, and how was it connected to Ell's emotions and why? What capability or advantage did Ell's apparent magic give him? As Milo pondered these things he only half noticed Ell say, "Who the hell is that?"

Darn! Milo had let himself be a fool, he had allowed his shock, recognition, and thoughts get the better of him. He had let his mind betray him again! He had completely forgotten to escape. Fortunately the darkness in the room and his scarf and cap concealed his face and identity. Should he reveal himself? No, not yet. Besides it was unlikely that Ell or the girl would recognize him. Milo knew Ell by proxy and while he vaguely recognized the girl, he could not place her face. Maybe in time he could reveal himself, but for the time being he would remain anonymous. Then again a man concealing his identity may not be the wisest idea...

Milo changed his face. His normally pale skin and hazel eyes turned light brown and deep purple. His short hair lengthened slightly and became black. A single tuft hung down outside his cap. Because of the darkness Ell and the girl would not see the transformation. It finished quickly and when finished Milo stepped toward them, closer so that they could see his now altered frame and what little of his face showed. He stood close enough to be properly seen yet still kept a respectable distance.

Milo spoke, "My apologies. I am known as Chevron."
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 pm
The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
...are we going to die?

Tuli's voice was shallow and trembling as her lips curled against her tears. There was a trauma about her that seemed to bend and bend until it finally snapped. The weight of this town and all these events were too much for any person.

...where's Begress? I need Begress...

Her voice became full of emotion as the tears streamed down her face, unending sobs left Tuli's innocence against the gale of cruelty that was found in the past hour or so. Her hand clung to Cadie's tightly while they stood in a bathroom stall. The voices outside were only slightly louder than Tuli's tears and cries.

What growls had been upon the doorstep moments ago had seemed to fade into nothing but the fearful whispers of anxious patrons. There was a tone about the guests that lingered of betrayal and disdain. Tuli and Cadie were not welcome here. They could feel something sinister afoot, but most were too cowardly to act upon what they truly desired.

...i'm sorry...i'm sorry...i...i just want to go home...

Tuli's face was still curled against her tears, but she was quieter now...she held tighter to Cadie's hand while dirt parted against the clear lines on her face. The room suddenly became warm, a low bellowing sound rattled the walls and door while rain trickled through...the walls were weak and the storm could possibly tear down the inn if given the opportunity. Instead, the soft patting of something galloping towards the inn overtook the murmurs and sobs as the wall at the entrance of the inn exploded inwards. A vicious growl was the first thing to meet the shouts and screams of the patrons, and then came the snapping and gnashing of teeth. The door between them and the main floor of the inn shook forcefully, not because there were people pounding against it, but because the room nearby was no longer recognizable as that of an inn.

Tuli had held tightly to Cadie's hand while she lowered herself and moved as far from the door as she could. There were very few screams now, some still came from the floor above, but there were none in the main room anymore. Wood creaked and snapped as the heavy steps of a beast moved around the inn slowly.

A Voice Caressing the Drifting Mind of Hrodrick (Continued):
Beyond the inn, the world becomes dark. A sky that rains down a terror, it hisses and sizzles against the ground, yet is cold to the touch. This world is full of anger and remorse. Provollshia has gone so far into the dirt that barely anything is recognizable to the young shapeshifter. The towering staple of the city, Prosia's famous tower appears to be alight in blazing flame. A smoke cloud looms from the base while a green light shines brightly at the very top of the tower. Nearby the tower, the Arcane School is cast in a looming shadow that appears even darker than the night cast upon the city. A crack of lightning strikes the inn behind Hrodrick and sets it aflame while the booming thunder carries past, towards the edges of the city. Some faces are seen peering out the windows of inn's and houses, however...they are ghoulish and mishappen. Nothing looks human in Hrodrick's eyes.

The Doctor and the Dead (Continued):
Just beyond the doctor's gaze is the inflicted boy. He turns the corners as Blackblood makes his way to the prior. A scruff of shifting fabric follows the boy and is the only relaying sign that the boy is still ahead of him. There are no other sounds being made by the boy, even to answer his question. The rain is heavy and masks the boy's footsteps. He walks from shadow to shadow, only the occasional flash of lightening shows the deep crevasses in the back of the boy's neck. He possesses extreme bruising on his hands and wrist. His arms are so thin that the bone is the primary object noted in its mass...

And then the noise seemed to fade and fade. Even the thunder was silent after the flash of lightning. Rain still was falling but there was something different now. Smoke had begun to bellow through the alleyway. A heat was pushing towards the Doctor. The boy was nowhere to be found. His footsteps were gone.

It was not until a few moments when a voice seemed to sing out from the smoke.

So now i'lay me down tuh'sleep.
I pray the Father m'soul to keep.
Please let m'die without Mother's embrace...

The voice was close seemingly beyond the soot and smoke, but the heat from within seemed to grow. It was uncertain where the fire was, but the voice continued singing from just beyond.

Master Ioria & Mister Clyde - The Curse of the Telvani (Continued):
It was all of a moment that Clyde waited for his master to place herself at the table. He was certain to give a courteous bow as soon as she was situated. He had prepared an extra special meal upon this very night. One by which he had marked on his calendar and waited ever so patiently. The first tray Clyde brought to the table was a rack of extremely valuable and exotic spices that were impossible to purchase any longer from within the city walls. This was placed off to the side of Ioria, and then secondly a large tray with a massive lid was presented before the young master. This lid was kept upon the plate as Clyde gently poured out into the glass to her right a thick red liquid that filled the glass to the brim. Clyde must have not been paying attention as the liquid spilled over, he only caught the mistake a moment later as he whispered...

...My apologies Master...let me clean that up.

Clyde was quick to run off and fetch the napkins. It was an oddity why he did not just use a napkin at the table. The large plate with a lid covering it had some of the red liquid smeared over it. That red liquid was thick and ran slowly down to the edge of the lid.

A noise came from the door, it was a clear opening and then a steady grinding sound of metal and stone meeting. Clyde was dragging something over the floor. It seemed rather heavy. It was only now that the scent of what appeared to be decay and rot seemed to be protruding the lid before her.

Clyde whispered...

...Bon appetite...

The grinding stopped as he steadily pulled the ax away from the floor and took it in both his hands.

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
What stood before Raven was a man in tattered clothes but possessing a very strong build. The room still shook after the wall had fallen. Something not noticed prior was the flames that seemed to be ascending the tower from what was burned in the prior rooms. It took a moment for the dust to settle but in the rubble was my slightly buried form. Both my eyes were shut and difficult to make out whether I were dead or not. My chest did not rise, there were many stones covering me and a discernable mark that was over my head. It was a notable gash.

The male before Raven stared her down. He was not intimidated in the slightest. In fact, he took the sudden act of defiance as a direct threat to him. Slowly raising the hammer at his waist.

...You murderers are all the same...

The hammer slowly lifted higher as he stared her down even further...

...but...I cannot speak for myself...for I broke my promise to Tuli...

He glared and suddenly ran forward as the marks around his neck and arm burst into flame. the ground beneath this male shook, for he forced his hammer through it, tossing broken shards of stone and wood in the direction of Raven and myself. My body could not muster a motion. I was either dead or unconscious.

The room shook with the force of a boulder crashing down. The man drew closer and closer as his hammer swung from the floor upwards in a sweeping motion to Raven. His strength would show as unmatchable, the rock and furniture were feathers to this man.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
From the very moment I connected with Ell, fear smothered me. It was the physical prowess of Ell and my mental anguish that drove tears down my face. The world span before me and as the boy I knew drifted away into this feral creature, I felt my grip grow soft. I held as tight as I could for as long as I could, even as his body pressed me into the ground...the blood and pieces of skin smashing into my back. A weakness tore into me, bone and heat twisted body. I hardly remember what happened as a sharp pain tugged against my head. I grappled against Ell's hand holding my hair with my own as words came out in a shaken fashion...

ELL...PLEASE!!!

My eyes shut tightly, the last thing I saw was a balled up fist. I did not see what was going through his mind, I did not see the open socket reveal something hidden, or witness it shut. I had not even noticed that the chains against the wall had pulled from the metal hinges to the floor.

The next thing I realized was that Ell was whispering over and over again in a familiar tone. I heard him only after his last motion. His arm pulled me in, his chest was still hot and there was that stench about him. My eyes were open but I felt them glaze over as I dug my face into his shoulder. Avoiding any view of the blood that smeared over the floor. It dripped down and off my back. I could not speak.

It was Ell who noticed the male figure who approached. I was still in a daze as his shadowed figure escaped the darkness and came into the little light that was even present down in the cellar.

I just whispered...

...Chevron..?
...where's Calum?
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:Pain and exhaustion were the main things in mind. I was completely dulled by the violence that the girl had acted upon. It was only in moment’s pass, after she had done the deed had I really comprehended what was going on. But by this point, the idea of the murdering of one another had already broken me by this point. It was a lingering thought in my mind, but was this trial for me a wakeup call to the violence this world possessed? Was this very trials readying me for the very horrors that I have become a part of? I could only assume that, and if it were the case, it was an expected thought that this was not going to be the worse horrors I will be experiencing in my future to come, and not just in these trials.

Walking along, nudging the boy to come along as I weakly made my way over to the girl. I could not imagine being much older than either of the two, if not the same age. But I was only assuming really. The warmth among the cold in my hand was hardly noticeable to my dulled senses. However, it managed to take my notice as I drew closer to the girl and the divot that the scarred man had been beaten to death before. Only then had I realized that this wall seemed similar to the holes behind the church with the monster I had barely survived. Was this where the stone had to be placed next? It had to be.

Piecing these parts together, I offered the stone fragment towards the wall, as I broke away from the boy and falling onto my knees before the mass grave. I could only hope that this was where it needed to be. I did not have much strength left in me, and I was just barely half way through what I was tasked to do.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Ioria saw Clyde pour the delicious drink in the cup and it was peculiar he was a little distracted since he spilled some of the drink. As he rushed off to go get something Ioria heard the grinding sound. She simply sat there unmoving waiting for Clyde to serve the dinner. The smell of rot and decay filled her nose as the scent wafted beneath the cover that hid the meal. "Such a delicious smell ehh...." Mr. Snuggles turn his head to her and his mouth parted into a smile with jagged sharp teeth. "Yes Mr. Snuggles it smells....wonderful...." As she drew the last word out she lifted the cup of the thick liquid and began to drink. The wonderful taste of the liquid sent shivers down her spine in a euphoric way. It was then she heard Clyde return with the metal sounding object and his whisper of "Bon Appetite". She looked to him and smiled. "Shall we eat?"
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:53 pm
Necrotic Insomniac wrote:This scape of hell, it was hard on the mind more so than Hrodrick had imagined it would. Though he thought of his nights alone in the forest. It was certainly terrifying then too, the mind made things seem far worse, but he found that these ghoulish looking things weren't the worst things to fear. It was the beautiful things that were the deadliest. Now he would need to be more careful than ever it seemed. The world was twisted from what he had once known. Not sure what to think of things he kept to himself and wanders a bit at a brisk pace. Until his eyes catch sight of a lone person, the ghoul looked weak. About his height, a little thicker in some areas. Not sure what to think but that itch throbbed once more with gusto, like a beating heart thrumming blood for someone running at full speed.

Feet carried Hrodrick towards the ghoul he saw, he kept out of sight. It wasn't hard to do since the rain covered his foot steps and scent. Once close enough he checked the area and didn't see anyone peering at him or in the area. With haste he pounced, using his weight to off center the ghoul and take it down to the ground. One hand clenched to the throat knees pinning the back of the arms just above its elbows. The other hand pinning the head down while the hand upon the throat gripped tightly and began to pull. Once more his thoughts raced with. "Your life is mine" The energy depleting from the ghoul fueled Hrodrick's stamina unsure if he would be able to rip out the ghouls throat or if he would be stuck choking it to death. He must cleanse the world, the ghouls must perish, the wicked will die and he shall push to make sure they do so with the utmost haste.
Junior Admin

Jeshem wrote:The doctor coughed and sputtered as he pressed himself to continue. The smoke burned his throat and lungs and stung his eyes so that his vision was impaired by smoke and tears. The boy corpse who was leading him had disappeared somewhere ahead of him but Blackblood knew that he could not afford to stand and regret if he wished to continue on his mission. Even now, the doctor admitted to himself that he would happily stop. Breath in the smoke, and suffocate if not for the nagging command in his mind.
As he pushed forward he raised his hand to shield his face from the heat that radiated towards him. He became slightly thankful that the cold rain and mysterious heat somewhat cancelled each other out. He contined to place one foot in front of another and was suddenly aware of a voice somewhere beyond the smoke singing. Having renewed his hope of escaping the smoke, Blackblood quickened his pace forwards.
Junior Admin

Master Ioria & Mister Clyde - The Curse of the Telvani (Continued):
Yes my dear...we shall...

The ax, held in both hands was raised up high overhead. Clyde stared with such vigor to the back of his little master's head as beads of sweat...cold to the touch...dribbled slowly down his brow. A moment...and no more...he would be rid of the cursed girl and honor his true masters deaths. But...it was not to be so...a knock rang out with three deep 'BANGS' against the hard wood of the front door. The tremendous strength behind them stilled the air in place and sent an expression of debauchery over his face...

...who could that be?

The ax fell from Clyde's fingers as it clattered onto the floor behind Ioria's chair. He stepped next to his master and took the napkin from the table, placing it over his master's lap...

...I shall return shortly m'lady.

A gentle bow was given to her before his steps rang out against the hard floor. He made his way back from where they came and disappeared into the flashes of lightening and patter of rain. He would be gone for some time...it would be a mystery if Clyde ever came back.

Deep and bellowing smoke...the smell of burning...and the feeling of embers drifting through the air was even greater than before. Hrodrick's prey seemed to secrete this molten presence from inside...as soon as Hrodrick made contact with the ghoul, a violent thrashing came about the figment. What was once a weaker presence grew much larger than before. The figment was burly and his face was distorted beyond recognition. All too familiar markings began to burn upon the skin of Hrodrick's prey...and it was only then that this creature was recognized as Schlakin.

Still...Hrodrick had the upper hand, knocking the figure off balance and sending him to the floor. What weak arms were originally pinned were much thicker now as he made contact. The hands of this ghoul burst into flames and began to scorch the soil. A crate nearby became alight and caught fire to a wall next to it. Even the rain would not put out the fire.

This ghoul sputtered and thrashed against Hrodrick's hands, sapping away his strength. The male's fire slowly lessened, but it was in those dire moments when his neck pulsed against Hrodrick's fingers that he swung his head fully back into Hrodrick's face, smashing a skull, like that of rock, into the boy's nose. Giving the male a chance to swing his flaming hand back into the boy's gut. The rain blistered against the heat as the Schlakin male rolled away from the boy, still upon the ground...and panting heavily as his blazing eyes stared with anger towards Hrodrick.

Towards the base of an inferno, Blackblood found himself staring at a carousel of corpses alight. The floor, littered in dead that were unrecognizable. Their faces burned to charred and brittle embers. It was right before the base of the tower that Blackblood stood. Smoke rose up to the top of the structure, no longer standing with formidable strength. Its base was compromised and the fires ate away at the structure every second. Towards the top where clouds of smoke bellowed, and evil green light pierced the night and thundered against the flashes of crimson lightning.

The boy who Blackblood followed stood in the doorway of the tower. The flames chewing at his clothes and tearing away at his skin. It was at this range that the heat of the structure breathed against Blackblood and his precious scroll. Was coming this far worth it? Was the boy here to help or destroy the Doctor's only hope of answering the voices' call?

...d'ere t'is life tuh be savd 'ere doctur...

The boy called out over the roaring flames.

...'tis worth duh risk.

A cackle broke out as the boy disappeared into the inferno. His laughter fading fast.

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):
It only took that brief nudge for the boy to know exactly what Remus needed from him. Taking him as far as needed and watching as this outsider lifted a stone from his palm and press it with all his might into the open crevasse of a grave in the wall. Even the girl's eyes lifted to the act...blood spread over her hands...there were notable tears in her eyes as a barely audible sniffle left her lips and nose.

Nothing came from this act that Remus performed...at first...and then came a familiar rumbling as the grave became a hollow screaming. The blood in the soil...even the blood of the scarred man was siphoned from the very dirt, the very stone...the entirety of the very wall. What groans had once echoed from the townsfolk who were injured moments before were squelched out after the rock was placed. It's light shifted from a brilliant yellow to a dull red.

...my...dearest...you did...well...
...your trial...is nearly...done...
...but make...haste...for...your...strength...weakens...
...to the...East...to...the...East...
...a...cobble...stone...street-

It was in that very moment that the boy from prior stepped forward to Remus...holding out his hand with kindness in his face.

...I owe you my life. You saved me-
-And me.

The girl from prior broke in as her heavy steps for such a small figure landed upon the wet soil.

...let me be your legs...I am not a fighter...but I will take stay with you until I have saved your life as you did mine.
...AS WILL I.

The girl seemed to be mimicking the same act...for she held this awkwardness about her...something that screamed a lack of socialness. She could not bring her eyes to Remus fully, only every now and then.

I am Vairn...she is Deu.
...you may not want our help but-
-you are just going to have to deal with it.

Vairn glanced over to Deu with a shake of his head. Steadily looking back to Remus as he whispered...

...let's get you out of this rain...
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Hearing the male speak his name brought only more questions. Ell's attempt to recall such a name left him baffled for none from his home village held this name, nor did he encounter one by it during his travels. Ell's left hand firmly rests on Sulette's left shoulder-blade gripping it slightly while pulling her back slowly in order to motion her frame just behind his own. The whispers that escaped Sulette alerted him once more of the one for whom she sought to be reunited with. Taking this brief moment calm Ell knew what he must to next. "Chevron? That is your name? What is it you seek for we have much that need be done before the dawn?" Ell slowly rose to his feet while speaking. His eye never left this stranger before him. Once standing he aided Sulette to her feet as well. Once they were both standing Ell made sure he stood before Chevron; blood dripping from stained fists as a few trickling droplets traced the right side of Ell's face. Ell's very presence match that of a wolf guarding a cub. Ell watched steadily at Chevron's next move.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm
Necrotic Insomniac wrote:Things changed on him, what he thought was a frail ghoul was in fact so much more. But he was hungry, he had a taste of this one he can't just let that slip away when he seemed so close. The strike to his nose with the Schlakin's head dazed him, but the shot to his gut brought him right back. Though he was drunk, such a lightweight when it came to this, he was rabid in nature now. Something he called prey had proven to be more formidable. Hunger washed away those fears, he would eat this one. Even if it killed him.

The burning sensation ignored for now while the male rolled away. Hrodrick wasn't letting him get away not now, he couldn't desperation fueled him. What the Schlakin would see when he got done with his roll was a rabid youth. Now leaping to get back on his prey clinging for the male's neck while Hrodrick made his way close to him, thoughts fueled the drain while he tried to sink his teeth in the male. Sharp teeth could dig into skin with his desperation behind it. The drain felt different if he sank his teeth in and had blood upon his tongue. Now more like a drug than alcohol this would trigger his mind to believe this ghoul was food for sure.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Aela Witch wrote:The Abernathy Manor was one of many fine estates near the Provollshian Tower. Decorated with a twisting garden surrounding a modest courtyard for entertaining guests. Fantine's room overlooked the gardens, and she could see the Tower only a few blocks away. It's shadow cast a frightening darkness over their home on some evenings, however she had stopped fearing the dark. In recent months the cover of night had become one of her many tools of the trade. The rest lay hidden behind a loose floorboard in her room. She frequently would invite outsiders to her home in private, sneak in through the back gate, and tip toe into her home with the promise of a night of pleasures. However, this was only a ruse, and the outsiders would never see the light of day again.

The Manor was built over an older home, a home that had a large basement system. Although this basement was forgotten long ago, Fantine discovered it and built herself a private chambers beneath the home, hidden behind a bookcase in their current basement. One would have to move the bookcase, open a locked door, move a false door, and creep through a narrow passage for several meters before reaching her secret room.

It was there that Fantine lay in a tub, a warm towel saturated in blood sat on her face. Above her hung her most recent victim, danging from a butchers hook. He had long since passed out from loss of blood, and soon he would meet his end. Around the tub, scrawled in twisting runes, were the signs of her ritual, as well as fading candles and salts. She had propped up multiple mirrors in the room, so that wherever she looked she could see herself from a dozen different angles. Her pale skin contrasted harshly with the crimson blood dribbling over it, and shadows reflected frighteningly about the chamber.

Soon the man would be dead.

Fantine withdrew the towel from her face, tossed it to the floor, then reached down beside the tub to snatch her favorite blade. It was ornate, and when held properly she could see her reflection on it's surface.

"Beautiful..." she breathed as she gazed upon herself. After a few moments of admiring her reflection she stood in the tub, extended an arm, and slashed the blade against the man's exposed throat. A small spray splattered her in the face, a shiver of pleasure shot through her body. Her victim spluttered for a few moments, seeping blood into the bath beneath her, before he stopped his twitching and hung still and silent.

There she would relax for a time, savoring as the last beads of blood would dribble down onto her flesh.
Junior Admin

Multiplexis wrote:Milo was not sure to make of the duo in front of him. The girl was timid? No, that wasn't it. But she was more than likely scared, yes her tone of voice, body language betrayed it all. Yet she did not seem the type of person to care whether her fright was evident or not. Ell on the other hand...he was not scared. Not right now anyway. He likely had many emotions running through his head but fear was not one of them. IF it was there it was somewhere in the back of Ell's mind.

Two questions to deal with: "where's Caulm", and 'what do you want'. Neither question could Milo so easily answer, he didn't know a Caulm, yet the girl's eyes seemed to implore Milo to know the answer. Did she really believe he knew, or was that just the fright talking? And the second question, followed by Ell's statement of having much to do was most curious. What was it they had to do? Might Milo have found allies in these two? The prospect excited Milo very much. But how to go about this. Tell them the truth and work it out as they went, or tell a lie and hope that it would never come to bite him in the butt...

The truth, was the best option for Milo. A lie would risk everything. The truth, well it may sound weird at first, and may even be suspicious. But it would likely do better for him, in the long run.

"I'm sorry. I don't know anyone named Caulm, but with everything that has happened tonight he would likely be safe somewhere. He's probably..."

No! Was Caulm a friend of these two? What the heck were Ell and this girl doing here anyway?!

"Actually, if your friend is anything like you two, he's probably right in the thick of this whole thing. There has been many a person running around tonight, as you may have seen the Schlakin are everywhere. Tonight is one of unrest, perhaps you can feel it? If you're here, running about like so many others perhaps this Caulm is out here too. Perhaps he is nearby."

"As for me I am here for the same reasons that the others may be here for. I am restless. I have come trying to find a way to topple the horrid government that runs this city. I have come to clean up this cesspool. And I think in some way, you have too Ell. So by extension of my intentions I'm here to join you two."
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven glared at the man, listening." Murder? Why, it's far from that. Killing people who are preventing you from killing a tyrant who murdered hundreds, I say that's far from murder." She hissed, only for him to charge forward. He looked strong and was definitely quick. She felt the floor shake, rubble and furniture flying towards her. Before she knew it, he was swinging his hammer towards her. She leaped back, barely avoiding the blow. She didn't want to know what would happen if that hammer hit her. She growled softly, assessing the situation quickly. Her flaming sword slowly morphed into a bow as she rushes back, climbing onto a pile of rubble. She took an arrow out of her quiver, nocking it into the bow. She pulled the string back, aiming the arrow at the male's neck before letting it fly. She quickly jumped down behind the rubble, quickly sneaking to a different side the room. She was a thief, a master of stealth. She would never be able to attack him up front, so her only option was to use distance and stealth as an advantage.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 pm
BioCollision wrote:Strength was being lost, with each trial I slowly dwindled it into nothing. But it was at this halfway point has it become the first time I felt I could communicate with someone. They were normal people, or as normal as a place like this could manage up from the cruelty that filled this terrible city. I remained on the ground, barely with the strength to reach out to the boy who introduced himself as Vairin. But reach out I did, and when I could, I mustered my little strength to use him as a crutch and bring myself to my feet. Among their talk, I already realized how very different the two were. Vairin was quite kind, and peaceful at heart. But the girl, Deu, she seemed cold hearted. I did not blame her given her previous situation and the likely life she had prior to this.

It was when Vairin suggested getting out of the rain did I confess my disagreement.

“No, I need to go to the east from here. I haven’t much time left.”

As I felt the inside of my makeshift pocket, I felt the two remaining fragments left in my possession. I was just over halfway there, and my body was already giving out. If I had any hopes to completing my remaining tasks, I would have to do so with the help of these two. I just hoped that they would not need saving again. It was not because I felt they were incapable, but I would not have the strength to save them as I did before.

“I need to go to the cobble streets to the east.”

This time, I told them with a bit more urgency. I felt the break of day creeping down my spine. When that came, I feared something worse than my endeavors would arise.
Junior Admin

The Wicked Glow Over Abernathy Manor:
No eyes and no sound could venture forth to Fantine's private chambers. The intoxication of such a potent spirit as death was well known in these parts, especially in a town so accustomed to it. People vanished every day, some are found in the mass grave, some a found in the street...and others never turn up at all. Such a life was more than fitting for the ever beautiful Fantine. Simple quiet stirrings were only present in her motions of this chamber. However, another set of eyes remained accustomed to its secrets. Minuscule and often overlooked, the dark eyes that held a soft red shape of an hourglass at their center...a skin that was smooth with a secretion of slime. The frog sat in Fantine's presence, never seen prior, but this little one felt a bit bolder today. For in his silent motions he worked his way to the foot of the tub, ever staring at the hanging body as the prey's blood drained to a dribble.

This creature rested at this space in silence, a notable pattern that stretched from the frogs head to his body and back again was that of infinity. The creature was silent for the longest while...until a sudden shaking was felt that even this secret chamber would motion against. The walls shook and the tub filled with blood would ripple as the sound of something massive outside of the Abernathy Manor seemed to break and fall to the ground.

After another long moment, the room stopped shaking and became silent again.

The frog let out a single ribbit before leaping to the blood-filled tub, disappearing from sight.

Just beyond the private chamber, Prosia's Tower was set aflame. The fire rising high into the stormy sky, even the rain could not contain it. Many horrified spectators watched from their homes as the looming tower burned with a red blaze below while a green light shown at the very top.

Blood...it resided upon my skin and clothes. I felt Ell press his stained hands against me, pushing me away from this oddity. His origin was completely a mystery perhaps even frightening. At this point, I did not care to know, my mind was still a flurry of pictures and motions, all stained in red. Although the tears that lined my face were present upon my face, they had stopped escaping ever since I stood on two feet. The subtle creaking of the cellar they stood within and the scurrying of unknown creatures just beyond the light filled the few silent moments between.

"I'm sorry. I don't know anyone named Caulm,"

Those words stuck sharper than any blade as I was forced to stare upon Chevron. He continued to speak, but I was already overwhelmed by this insistent hopelessness that followed me like a cloud of death. Is that all I was? Someone bound to walk alone, watching as those around whither and die...

I suddenly shoved off of Ell, pressing my stained hands against his arm. These thoughts put motion into my feet as I walked to the stairs leading up. I only stopped once Chevron's tone changed, he spoke with some sort of renewed realization...

A single glance was given to Chevron, my eyes...filled to the brim with the wish to believe his words...but I could not...

...you know nothing of us.

My feet took me out from the dark recesses of what I deemed a single version of hell. The rain fell over a land that I did not recognize, it was not my home. This place was dressed upon the outside to be grand and wonderful, but upon the inside...it hid dreams and the corpses they belonged to.

I walked outside, not caring in the slightest if there was a guard...Schlakin...or another hellish creature to slay me there. Instead...there was nothing...just the rain. It fell heavily over the grime I was dressed in. I looked up and closed my eyes...the water battered my bones and brought a chill that I had not felt in so long. It was nice to feel alive. I hated this.

It was only a moment later that I noticed a heavy and consistent crackling in the distance. There was a notable breaking of wood and stone just beyond my shut eyes. When I opened them, I saw the mercy of what some claimed as god's heart and others claimed as god's rage. For Prosia's beautiful tower now stood in an almost blinding light. Fire climbed over half the structure from the base. It burned so hot and bright that I could hardly focus upon it...but I still gazed. My breath was taken away. All I could think of was Caulm and this nightmare that he gave to me. I did not even notice the eerie green glow that shown upon the top of this tower. It seemed to insight the most sinister thoughts in all hearts.

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):
Upon this evil night, at Remus' shoulder was the ever present notion that death was following him. However, at this point, it was impossible to tell if it was death or just the unending pain that remained in his bones.

...You mean Crowstead Lane? That old street? I walk by that mess of stone every day on my way home. It felt as though hours had passed since Vairn spoke those words when in reality it had not even reached one. Their travel had been quiet, but it was obvious the boy wished to speak to Remus...so many questions must have been built up in his head, but knowing Remus' state and this drive to get from that graveyard they stood in was more than enough reason to walk in silence. Deu seemed to appreciate the silence.

Vairn held tightly to Remus' back while Deu held onto his side. The two were notably different sizes. Vairn, being tall and slender with an ever present fairness to him. Deu was smaller than both, but with an undoubted strength that was felt in her movements. She was young, but more than able to hold her own in such a town.

By the mercy of Father, the three walked the streets without any presence of guard or monster to stare upon them. A few eyes were cast from windows showing candles flickering in homes. The rain kept their heavy movements a secret from the suspicious world.

It appeared that Vairn was very focused on the task of keeping Remus standing, while Deu was focused on everything around her. She felt suspicious of everything, a trait that held both good and bad qualities to it, however...in this town...more good than bad.

We are almost th-

Just as Vairn was about to finish, the stone that Remus kept hidden away began to produce a warm light. It shown dully through his clothes as they made their way around a corner. The rain fell in sheets as they stared forward at what looked to be a large flooded section of town made river.

Vairn's eyes were wide with disbelief as he gazed onto this unusual sight.

I have never...seen anything like this.

His breath was taken away.

...bones...there's bones...

Deu spoke plainly as she pointed forward at the flowing water. It was hard to see, but she was right...the river was full of flowing skulls and assorted skeletons.

The only thing that made gave this street confirmation of their destination was the smooth grooved stones at their feet which were in familiar cobblestone fashion. At the center of the flowing river was a single pillar that jutted out of the water in defiance to the roar given by the water. Against this pillar was a single downed tree, reaching out to them...but still at a distance away.

We can always...go around...

Vairn spoke with a voice of concern as he looked to Remus.

Deep within Remus' mind came another voice that spoke with urgency...

...my dearest...you are nearly...there...
...but time...is running...out...

Deep and heavy snaps were present as the flames next to the Schlakin ate away at the wall and wooden rubbish. His eyes were as alive as the flame beside him. One more deep breath from the large man and Hrodrick made his move. Another aggressive maneuver to knock the larger male over. This time, however, it was expected...An error was made on the Schlakin's part, for he allowed the other to make contact. A searing pain that seemed to eat away from the inside. It made him cold. There was another thrashing force against Hrodrick as the Schlakin's fist struck Hrodrick's ribs. They became weaker and weaker...until Hrodrick's fangs found their way into the male's flesh. It was at that moment that a renewed sense came to him...this desire to overcome and live. That cold pit at the base of his stomach was death...and he was not going to die here.

The Schlakin was too weak to produce a fire at his hand...but he knew better.

With all his might, the large male lifted from the ground holding against Hrodrick's arms, with a burst of speed and force, he smashed Hrodrick's frame through the burning embers of the building next to them with a loud CRACK. The wall gave in and toppled the two in through scorched wood and a very smokey room littered with boxes. The male was over Hrodrick, a wildness in his eyes that was intensified by the large dark bags under them. He was tired...he was bleeding...he was weak...but not dead.

The Schlakin raised his fist up and swung it at Hrodrick's face. The sound it would make would only intensify against the broken boxes beneath them.

This male would not stop swinging his fist at Hrodrick.

What a sound the room made, thrashed about like paper strands...the rocks and wood shot through the air. Raven was truly adept in the art of dodging the loose debris. I was not so lucky as the stone and furniture shifted in such a violent manner that my body was no longer to be seen. A makeshift grave in a burning tower.

The large man had not a care to how easily life was taken. His mind was clouded in rage. The walls began to fall off to one side of the room, revealing an open section that stormed inward. Rain fell through this large open gap but did nothing to hinder their fight. The arrow flew from Raven's bow with precision on her side, but the male...full of adrenaline and drunken rage was struck during a faltered motion, where the arrow entered his shoulder.

As soon as he was struck, his eyes narrowed to Raven, throwing his hammer sideways at her as it spiraled through wood and stone to reach where she shot the arrow from. This male, Begriss, ran at Raven with blood dripping down his arm in the same direction that his hammer flew. Rubble breaking beneath his feet as he moved after her.

None of her words reached him...as she was the only thing stopping him from finding Tuli.
Junior Admin

Necrotic Insomniac wrote:It happened, a taste. Bliss. In all memory it was the best. Diminished by the mark, but still it tasted good. Inviting one could even say. Then it got up with Hrodrick, not much panic though. At least until the wall was broken due to his own frame going through. The male thrashed and struggled, but more energy had seeped into Hrodrick, replenishing him slightly. It was enough to keep well awake when he hit the boxes. There was still a problem though for the large male. Hrodrick now saw him as food. That large fist coming in was like swinging a turkey leg at a starving man. Hrodrick bent and twisted his torso in a way most couldn't. Those wiry arms latching upon the larger mans arm and once again he sank teeth into flesh. Bite latched on and he was like a leech, if given more room to move his body would cling entirely to this arm.

After a second that may seem like eternity of those teeth pressing further in, Hrodrick would rip his head side to side until the bit of flesh he had came loose. Like a hound it went right down the throat and another bite taken near the first. Draining this male of his life force while eating him, Hrodrick was rabid now, no telling when or if he would come back, reality seemed to be nothing more than this, the struggle for life and death, for being or getting fed to the other. The wiry little shifter was hungry and didn't want to die, so he would eat. All that he can stomach and become stronger and stronger.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:57 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven saw the hammer fly through the rubble and tried to dodge. She avoided the hammer, but a huge piece of rock hit her side, causing her to cry out in pain. No, she had to fight. She looked down, seeing a cut where the rock had hit, and that it was bleeding profusely. She felt something slam into her and she fell, rolling to the side and looked up at the man. Her arrow had burrowed itself in his shoulder, which wasn't very helpful. The other thing that wasn't helpful was the fact that her bow had flown out of her hand across the room. She was in pain, and the man was enraged. He wouldn't stop until she was dead. She was tempted to give up. She took a deep breath, looking down at the ground below her. The rain from the storm pelted against her skin, but the sight of her blood in the rain on the floor set something off in her.

The last bit of sanity she had suddenly snapped. This filthy mortal hurt her. She was powerful, a force to be reckoned with, and he had drawn her blood. How dare he even lay a hand on her. Her eyes started to glow a faint red as she seemed to be surrounded by the shadows in the room. She called an obsidian sword to her hand, the same sword that she used to kill her family. She rolled to the side more before leaping tp her feet and charging. She thrust the sword forward, aiming to stab the man in the gut. She wasn't about to roll over and let someone kill her that easy. No, she would fight, she would win, and she would prosper. His blood would be a nice tribute, a way to sate her need for bloodshed. And when she was finished with him, she would go and kill Provolisha. For Caulm, for the hundreds he killed, for her own gain, to prove that even supposed gods can die, and she would make sure that his death was slow and painful.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:"HEHEHEHEHEH!!!!" Mr. Snuggles laughter echoed through the room, as Clyde went to the answer thHe door. "What's so funny Mr. Snuggles?" Ioria placed her drink down and gazed at the doll. Her lips upturned into a slight grin. "There's a visitor at the door my dear.....how about we play a game...." Ioria pondered for a bit, it wasnt the first time Mr. Snuggles suggested the game she was sure her dear friend was talking about. "Hmmmm....no Mr. Snuggles playing with Clyde is boring......" Her grin turned into a mischievous smile as she laughed in a menacing way. "How about we go find some friends to play with?"

The doll smiled just a wide as its master, showing its demonic teeth even more profusely. "Well my dear I believe you have an idea there.....shall we take our leave or should we reunite our "precious" Clyde with his precious masters......" Ioria thought for a second and brought the glass filled with blood to her lips and drank the remaining liquid. "Why not let him choose to follow or live her in the remains of those people." Ioria frowned at the slight mention of her deceased parents and in one quick motion threw the glass against the wall nearest her. She stood from her seat and gently picked up her dear friend and hugged it tight. "Shall we take our leave Mr. Snuggles?" The doll hugged back and smiled. "Yes we shall!" Wtih that shadows began to engulf the two sinking them into the floor. A magic Ioria learned when she became the dolls master, one to move through the shadows, to move through the dark. "Goodbye Clyde maybe we will meet again.....hehehehe that is if you live.....hahahahahahahahaha....." Ioria's laughter rang through the room as she and the doll disappeared through the shadows leaving behind the house of death.....the house of the Telvani.
Junior Admin

Jeshem wrote:As the dead boy's cackle slowly faded away into the tower, the doctor stumbled forward amid the human torches. He blinked out the tears in his eyes to clear his vision but soon regretted it. He had seen mutilation before, he had mutilated carcasses before, but he had always disposed of the body deep in the forest, buried far away from the village. The stench of burning flesh choked the doctor as much as the smoke while the sight of skin melting off of screaming faces and charred flesh turned into ash off blackened bones surrounded the man. But this was not what disturbed him the most. It was the aura of the place that seemed to place a heavy weight of dread upon Blackblood's shoulders. The sinister light that pierced the dark sky, taunting the doctor as the thunder and lightning raged against the poor man. Was this what he had searched for when he began his search for the arcane? It had been so long that he could not remember what insanity drove him to dive into forbidden secrets. All he remembered was that he had dove too deep and could no longer get out.

w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏

Alcezar froze as a soft voice echoed in his mind in contrast with the chaos around him.

w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏ the voice came again. w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏
w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏ w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏ w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏w̨h͏̴̀ỳ̡͡͝͏ ̡̕͝͞d̸̸o͠͞͏̵ ̷͞y͜҉ǫ͡ù̴̡͝͠ ̶̴̀̀s̴̛t̀͘ơ͘p͏̸́͠?͏

Suddenly, a loud, overpowering voice rang between the doctor's ears, forcing him to fall to his knees, clutching his head.

Read. Decipher And Read

Even without the boy's urging, the voice had spoken. The doctor was reminded that he was powerless to resist. He wearily raised himself and moved into the ominous tower. As his feet crossed the threshold, he found himself wondering if the power behind the voice realized what he was putting himself through to obey it. He then knew that it did not care.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 pm
Aela Witch wrote:Fantine rested in the pool of blood for a long moment before jumping with surprise as the whole of the house began to shake and trembles. Ripples in the tub sent light splashes on her as she twisted about to look at the mirrors trembling on the walls. For a moment she feared they would fall, but just as sudden as the shaking had overtaken the room and the manor it ceased.

This was a dangerous situation for her. If something bad has happened, then surely a servant would be at her room in moments to check and see if she were alright. Fantine had to move fast, that much was for certain. Disposal of the body would have to come later, she needed to clean herself and slip back outside. Just as she was beginning to stand a toad, or perhaps it was a frog, croaked at her before diving into the tub. She shrieked at the ugly creature and leaped from the bath. "How dare you soil my lifeblood!" she cursed the creature, before she reached into the tub to pull the drain. She had prepared a stack of towels only a few paces away from the tub. Fantine moved to these and began to wipe her body clean of the blood, as well as the coagulated remains still stuck to her hair.

After a few moments she put her head in a towel wrap, dressed herself hastily in her nightgown, and left the chamber.

The manor was in an uproar, however the basement was quiet and undisturbed. She closed the passage behind her, locked, and moved towards the stairs to ascend through the servants corridors back to her room. She expected to encounter at least one person along the way, and she had mentally prepared a response should anyone ask why she's in the servants corridor. I would hate for someone other than a servant to see me in my sleeping attire, at least in this unprepared state. However she spoke to no one, as no one moved through the narrow passages. Soon she found herself back to her room through a hidden passage in the servants corridor.

"Ms. Abernathy! Oh my dear I was so worried! I was pounding on the door, I feared you had been injured!" exclaimed her dimwitted servant as Fantine opened the door from her bedroom to the hall.

"I am fine, I was sleeping rather heavily. What has happened? I dreamed I heard a crash?" asked Fantine, acting all innocent. The servant never doubted her for an instant.

"Better that you see for yourself, Ms. Abernathy," breathed the servant before hastily leaving the room.

Fantine was skeptical of all of this, intrigued and yet worried at the same time. She didn't know what to think, but she did want to find out what was going on that had the whole house in a ruckus, as well as what caused the whole basement to tremble. She ventured out of the manor and gasped with surprise as she gazed up at the Tower with the rest of the people living in the manor. The Tower was in flames, it's peak lit with green light. Whatever has happened could not bode well.

After several moments, Fantine found herself looking around at the people near and far, and soon she was walking through the crowds of people. She was looking at the faces, locked in amazement at that tower. All she could think of, was how badly she wanted them to look at her in the same way. With fear, with envy, with curiosity, with amazement. Death and destruction is truly beautiful...
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Sulette acted even before Ell could. Her disgust off all that has transpired is evident to Ell. Overwhelming -- The pains of loss are great and combined between them is far more than most have ever suffered in a lifetime. Ell watched in silence as Sulette departs from the cellar clarifying to this stranger Milo exactly what needed to be spoken. Ell took one last glance at his enemies corpse before he too made his way towards the steps. There are still so many question that need to be answered however he won't find them here, not from this man. On his way up he spoke one last time to Milo, "I don't know what sort of fantasy world you live in, but I suggest you keep it to yourself. You offer nothing to us. Joining us isn't an option." Ell left, his gaze searched briefly before locating Sulette outside. Joining her in the rain he too bared witness to the spectacle of the once menacing tower ablaze with furious flames. Unlike Sulette Ell did see the green hue illuminating like a beckon from the towers peak. "So...
what do you wanna do? We can go there, to that place. It would appear many things are taking place there." Ell's question for Sulette was also confirmation that he is willing to join her along whatever path she wanted to take. A few more echoes of the collapsing structure impacting the ground as voices cry out for stability and order, Ell examined their current location before taking hold of Sulette's arm and guiding her across the road out of clear sight behind a grove indention of a building.[~|~]
Junior Admin

WitheredRose wrote:She was rushing as fast as possible, and Tuli seemed to be losing her head. Bad timing... "Calm down okay? I know, I am scared too, but we have to stay calm." She said through her own panic and breathlessness. Luckily, the water hid the tears that welled up in her own eyes, and made way to reveal a soft, flawless, sunkissed flesh beneath. It was clear the young girl didn't care about how she looked, though she had been better about it before... when he was around.

The sudden wave of warmth, and trembles upon the ground, caused Cadie's stomach to leap into her throat, and the panic threatened, once more, to make itself known.

'No... stay calm' she told herself, before slowly turning off the water, and lightly stepping toward the door, tugging Tuli back toward her.

"We can't stay here." She whispered, listening carefully. If they remained inside, they would be trapped, and surely die. The smell of smoke filled Cadie's nose, screams echoing within her mind. That was their chance... maybe, just maybe, the other people would provide enough distraction for the two to escape. Cadie felt bad for sacrificing others like that, but-- "They never liked me anyway." She said in a hushed tone, and flung the door open to jet out. She made her way around the back hall as quickly as possible. People made their ways out of their rooms in curiosity, filling Cadie with a little more hope. The looks given to the girls was that of disgust, only because of Cadie. If it were just Tuli, the others would show concern and help her. But at this point, it was too late.

The hallway seemed to grow longer, a trick of the eyes and overreaction of panic that consumed her mind, though thankfully the beast hadn't made its way down here yet. It was maybe half a minute before they broke free of the hotel, and darted into the alleys of darkened streets with alarms blaring once again. Cadie hadn't realized that things had become hushed within the hotel, though more lives meant more distractions right? All she could do was hope. "This way!" She yelled as she dragged Tuli along as fast as she could. The pains in her body were mere aches as adrenaline coursed through her veins. 'Someone, please... help us.' Cadie thought, feeling tears as they broke free and slid down her cheeks, silently. Never had she wanted or inwardly pleaded for help... but now, she prayed.
Junior Admin

The Wicked Glow Over Abernathy Manor:
"Is Prosia in there?"
"Is anyone going to do anything to stop this!?"
"Where are all the guards!?"

Questions circulated the mass of people like a plague. So many fearing eyes cast upon the glow of perfect destruction. Each floor at the base of this tower was ablaze. The gold and red embers exploded from windows and large gaps. Stone and wood melded together before collapsing into the street below. Violent torrents of water fell from the sky upon the many fearing faces below. One thing wash shared among the many that stood in the crowd, their eyes were all drawn to the ominous glow at its peak. That green light was unnatural...unexpected...and without answer. It was mesmerizing.

"PROSIA!?"

A sudden uproar from one of the many citizens was cast up in a blood-curdling scream towards the peak of that tower. The devotion of so many people was a blanket cast over the mob. Even for those who were imprisoned here in this city for well over two months, they remained devoted to their god, Prosia.

...ribbit...

A familiar sound was uttered amongst this madness. Its origin remained a mystery in itself...however, it remained ever-close to Fantine.

Suddenly, a flash of red lightning struck the origin of the green glow, the tower flames wavered against the force of such a strike, still, the tower burned. However, those circulating question had ceased. Anticipation became the tension of choice...that was when the radios strung throughout the city turned on, and with his deep voice...Prosia spoke...

...My children of Provollshia...goodevening...

The tower...it burned. Ell's words were distant to me, they had not even broken the surface. It was only as his hand pulled my arm that a sharp resistance was given, pulling away as my eyes focused even more upon the spectacle...

CAULM!?

My voice broke through the rain in a desperate shout. Still, the rain covered the land in its fury. A bright red flash of lightning struck the top of Prosia's tower, causing any motions towards the tower to cease and any further voice to become silent in my fear of such a sight. For, the last time I saw a red flash of lightning...the remaining survivors of Fousture had perished.

...Caulm...

I spoke once more, trying to wrap my mind around what I could even do. I was nothing more than a grain of sand amongst a sea of immovable stone. The tower burned...The tower...it burned...

I listened to a constant echo in my thoughts. This all seemed so familiar. I remember this scene before. Caulm told me of this moment. For Prosia's tower would burn...thunderous screams would overpower even the lightning...

I could not remember the rest. No matter how hard I focused. Distant screams brought me back to this world. My eyes looked over to Ell, noticing his hand upon my arm, I gazed for a moment at it and whispered.

...he's in there...I know he is...

I looked to the tower once more as I spoke...

...he is doing this for me...

After a moment, a chill crept over my spine, a voice was spoken through the rain, so clear and so distant. I forgot the last time I heard it was two months ago...

...My children of Provollshia...goodevening...

Their path was bound. Impossible to shake. Two forces without any ceasing or clarity in their motions. One of them would fall and never rise again. Begriss, the man who fought Raven had lost the only thing that kept him sane, and Raven had given into such darkness she fought so hard to hold back. Begriss held no weapon in his hand, his skin produced a cloud of steam as sweat, rain, and blood bubbled against it and produced a haze upon him.

His motions were sporadic, leading towards Raven over the rubble and broken room. He passed through rising flames to meet his foe. Raven took her own stand and thrust the sword at Begriss' stomach. However, he was a trained combatant...and a killer of many. He had slain bandits, warriors, kings...armies.

His hand swung down into the blade of the obsidian blade and pulled it aside as his hand slammed into her throat, grabbing her with such force that it caused the ground beneath them to buckle. Blood began to drip and pool on the floor from his hand that held her blade. His eyes of rage met hers past the haze that was once between them. His arm raised her off the floor as he looked closer at her, his grip tightening...it was only then that he saw her.

His eyes widened a bit more as he gazed upon Raven. His grip slightly softened, his other hand weakened against her blade. He was only able to utter...

...you aren't-

Before the ground buckled beneath this large male, his grip faltered and Raven had footing once again.

The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
Blood-curdling screams were the only sounds that followed both Cadie and Tuli from the Inn. As soon as their feet found the open streets, a hush was given to the alarm and rain had drenched the land to something unrecognizable. Cadie's cries were what broke the constant roar of falling water, but what came from her wishes was an absence of any humanity. People stood in windows watching the two and did not make a single motion. There was a second sound to the rain, a familiar voice had begun speaking upon the radios strung throughout town. However, whatever was being spoken by that voice, it to was unrecognizable.

The Tower of Provollshia was burning brightly in the given darkness, an ominous green glow showed through the night at the head of that tower. It was only by its light that both Cadie and Tuli would realize how close they were to the Arcane School that they so desperately desired to get to.

A stirring from behind them alerted Tuli to look as the doorway they broke through had now collapsed over. A fire was set to the Inn as that horrid, burning hound with two molten eyes. The creature seemed to be distracted, as he was looking beyond to the Tower of Provollshia. Unknowing to them why the sight had any impact on this creature. It steadily glanced back to them, but it was then that Tuli had mustered the strength to flee as she ran, pulling Cadie's hand towards a broken bridge that had, flowing through it, a violent current of murky black water.

The Schlakin was weak, his flesh was torn away a little at a time. Each strand the little cannibal chewed off produced a subtle grunt from the large male. The man steadily slid the boy towards the burning boxes, pushing him over the flame as his vision became faded. The Schlakin grit his teeth together and grabbed a burning fragment of the box with a glowing point, taking the object that even as small as it was seemed to feel heavy. The shard was grasped with the only free hand he had, taking it, the object was pressed into Hrodrick's side. The only way the male could get it into this vicious kid was to use his own weight to insert the shard of wood into him. It was in that moment that the Schlakin's vision faded entirely and the wood snapped in half. A four-inch shard of burning wood was broken off inside of Hrodrick, sharing there as the male's corpse lay over him.

The overpowering heat was all that met the Doctor. The base of this tower was completely engulfed in flame. Rooms could not be differentiated from the interior of a fireplace. Mortal flesh would feel such heat licking at the skin, forcing it to bubble if he remained within. The stairway, far beyond the Doctor's reach was also ablaze. There was nothing of a path to be reached and nothing to gain from this room. The burning bodies on the floor would be no different from logs, tables, or chairs.

The boy who led the Doctor into the tower was nowhere to be seen...until the door behind him SLAMMED shut. A heavy thud was heard as the door latched closed. The metal lock was glowing red with heat.

There stood the boy...his clothes burned until they completely fell away. This creature before him wore thousands of scars in an intricate pattern. Only one stood out that seemed to read a number of 476. This creature became less and less human the longer it stood in the flame. A cackle returned as he whispered...

...'pologys doctur...but i'ot tuh eat.

A crooked smile spread over the boy's face as he suddenly ran forward at the Doctor and leaped through the air like a ravenous animal. The force behind him was enough to knock the Doctor over into the fire. Another lie of Provollshia...found in the evil of this tower.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 pm
Necrotic Insomniac wrote:The flames this time were unbearable. Struggling now to be free of flame and weight he didn't see the shard coming. Though his side was adjusted when the piece of wood went in, the fact it was on fire was perhaps the only good thing about it. Blood burned and sealed the wound it made. It would be bad later but for now it kept insides, inside. Unsure himself of what might be damaged but he knew he would have some time, not much but some. Free from the weight a moment later his vision blurred and he was in reality now. Though he was warped once more. The feast before him was not dead yet. For now he would have to suffice with taking the last of this mans energy. It did little to soothe the pain but it would have to do for now. Wiping face of the blood and burning his hands to put flaming boxes atop the male. Stumbling out he sought help, he knew this world was out to get him, but perhaps he was going about this all wrong. Perhaps he should lure them to him, drag them down then. For now he would need to seek out more people to drain, but could he find enough to heal this wound before he met his end, he didn't know.

The night was still horrifying to him, day would probably be no better and now he shambles onward. Hand holding his wounded side while he sought help. The story he worked through his mind had some flaws to it, but he covered the majority of things pretty well. Bruises came from an attacker which the Schlakin had fought and lost to in a fight Hrodrick had tried to get the burning boxes off of the Schlakin to try and repay him for preventing his own death but found he was to weak and clumsy and fell upon a broken burning box. Now he seeks aid. Of course he left as much detail out as possible to try and keep people from suspecting him, though not likely people would believe he could take on such a being and live. Well for now he wasn't sure he would live, but it would be long enough to find someone, damning or helpful he would find someone.

It didn't take long for him to be found by a larger woman, she was motherly in many ways. Though she didn't appear in his mind to be she was kind and gentle and tried to help him when she saw him wounded. She took him along to get him shelter. He tried to drain her, but in his weakened state he wasn't able to take the energy all that fast. She wouldn't even become tired for a bit yet at this rate. It was a constant thought in his head. A broken record repeating like a mantra. 'I devour your life.' Though any noticeable effect would simply heal the most damaged spot first and push out the wood little by little. It would take a long time at this rate, but it was better than nothing. The lady seemed focused on saving him, like it was her sworn duty to do so, such kindness couldn't be without ulterior motives he thought in the back of his head, or was it even his own thought anymore? He couldn't tell, ever since that voice he had been seeing things differently always thinking someone was watching and coming for him, perhaps he should just simply fade, would it be bad?

NO!

Hrodrick had to protect them, he had to send them to the safe place. Only regret would be to leave them here to suffer like they make him suffer. How he hated so many, felt so used and replaceable he would not give up, he couldn't. His mind had been sacrificed but there was a reason. That reason kept him to a dull roar for now. Panic still in his bones, anxiety was an understatement he would carry on for all he could and send them to the safe place to be free of pain, suffering and sorrow. Those whom cause this suffering will be sent there too, the safe place will calm their rage and soothe them so they hurt no others. He will not stop now.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum