View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:59 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven growled as the man grabbed her blade, holding her wrist so she couldn't use it, before grabbing her throat. She gasped, the wind knocked out of her as the man slammed his hand into her throat. She began to cough violently, trying to catch her breath, but he wouldn't let go. The man was choking her, and if she didn't think of something quickly, she would be dead. She was gasping for breath, losing oxygen fast. She was about to call up a dagger of sorts since she till had a free hand, but suddenly his grip loosened. She took in much-needed lungfuls of air, ignoring what he said. Suddenly, the ground shook, and the man lost his footing. She kicked her foot upwards, kicking him right between the legs. She struggled in his grasp, finally managing to wiggle out. She rolled to the side, keeping away from him as she shakily stood. It finally dawned on her that the tower was burning, and about to collapse. She was tempted to just grab Callum and go, but she knew she couldn't. She was far too gone, and while a small part of her true self-begged to save Calum, there was a new force in control, one that had once only been whispers in her mind. One that craved blood.

" I must say, you were a very worthy opponent. Very strong indeed. It'd be a waste to kill such a strong fighter. " Raven's voice has become deeper, more...crazed in a sense. you could practically hear her insanity dripping from her voice, but she still had a mysterious calmness around her. It was almost welcoming like you could trust her, and there was a softness to her tone beneath the prominent hiss." Hm...maybe I'll let you live, but I ask for a favor in return." She offered, taking a more sincere, kinder tone. She had an idea to manipulate this man, and it all revolved around the person he was looking for." If you take the boy out of the rubble and bring him far away from here, to a doctor or something, I will find this Tuli and I will protect her until you are able to come and retrieve her. Do we have a deal?" She asked, holding her hand out to the man.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 pm
BioCollision wrote:The walk that the three of us went on felt like ages, but it was perhaps compared to a great deal of my experience here, this was one of the few points of lull that I could hold onto. IN these few moments, I was able to notice more things around me. Though the two were quite for this time, it was far from silent. Ringing constantly in my ear was the crashing of rain impacting across various surfaces around me. Rain was a great indicator for a great deal for things. To those who paid close enough attention, it often enhanced the smells of things in the air. One that was notable to me was the scent of something burning. It was some distance away, but I could faintly smell it. I only hoped that where ever that smell was, was not where I had to be. That smell of fire seemed ominous in nature. I did not have to see it to know.

My sights were not set to what was ahead of me, but the periodic eyes that had watched over us as we walked the empty streets. It seemed that the alert that I had caused when I had first entered had passed. I was so lost in what had occurred, that it took until now to notice that was something that was different. It probably encouraged these eyes from the dark windows to peer out at us with their cold judging eyes. It felt invasive for some reason, the idea that these people were watching us walk these streets alone. It was as though they were trying to warn us of something. But I was foreign and knew nothing about this vast city. Even still, Vairn and Deu did not seem concerned. So was there a special circumstance?

A pair of eyes in particular seemed to call out to me however. As I turned to look, just over Deu’s head, I saw it just in a moment’s pass, eyes set low to the ground and accompanied with immaculate fangs. There it was, a dog stood watching and growling just down a passing alley way. However, I did not say anything quickly enough before the two turned me to cut a corner. I jerked around the other way to look, giving them probably a bit of trouble to hold me up. But when I had looked again, the dog was gone.

Vairn’s words caught my attention as he did not complete his sentence. When I had turned to look, the sight of a rain made river stood in the way of progress, but as I looked at what defied the whim of nature, the pillar with a fallen tree reaching out towards us. Vairn insisted on going around. But I somehow knew this was where I was meant to be.

“No,”

I would tell them as I pushed away from them to once more stand on my own two feet. I now felt the warmth of a fragment inside my makeshift pocket. This was where I was meant to be next. I would turn in a rather weak expression towards the two of them as I pointed towards the pillar,

“I have to go there.”

Looking back, I knew I had to aim for the tree, but it did not quite reach us safely. Instead, I would have to embrace a bit of the flowing water and progress the rest of the way along the tree. But first, I took a single step to test the depth. Would it drop off quickly with a great depth, or would I be able to trek in with a progressive change in depth? Could I make it to the tree without the water going past my waist?
Junior Admin

WitheredRose wrote:She hadn't expected kindness or caring natures from anyone in this place, so it wasn't a surprise when no one stepped forth to save the girls--but it didn't make it hurt any less either. This was the story of her life. She stopped caring, at least, she tried to. She couldn't deny the longing ache in her chest when she saw a family and children with parents, the deep seated resentment toward those that did nothing to her, though lived happily. At these thoughts, Cadie grit her teeth, and turned to peer at the creature as it burst free of the now burning building. She was supposed to want to heal people right? Then why did she not care that those people died in her and Tuli's place? It seemed wrong, but she couldn't help it.

The sound of a voice drifted into the air, and Cadence strained to hear and understand it, though to no avail. It sounded like a muffled slur, as if all of the forces were against her in that moment. Maybe it was something important. Maybe refuge? Though, would anyone be able to stop this creature?

At the view of the creature, she realized its crimson gaze had redirected, and it didn't move toward them as she would expect. Spinning her gaze around, she followed the beasts gaze, and realized it was looking at the Tower. Why would that matter? Confusing as it was, Cadie was suddenly being pulled by Tuli, which caused a bit of relief to flood the young orphan. Though when her gaze floated toward the murky black water that flowed with a roaring current, Cadie felt her own hesitation. "Wait! We can't go in there!" She said. Though if they had to, she would... but she couldn't swim. At least, she had never learned to, nor had she tried. The faster they ran, the more distance was placed between them and the beast, lucky enough in that moment, that the beast was currently distracted. "We are almost to the school?" She squeaked, pointing toward the green glow within the darkness, continuing to allow Tuli to lead her.
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]With her resistance Ell froze; Sulette's suffering has put her into a state of shock of which Ell is partly to blame. Her cry is swallowed by the fury of rain in its attempt to wash away all the blood spilled this evening. Her eyes never blinking, a plea for awakening. This nightmare of nights has reached out gripping all. The relief Ell felt with Sulette snapping out of her trance is welcoming, though her words only gave a haunting chill as to whomever this Calum person is and what they could be doing within that tower to cause all of this. Before Ell could speak a powerful voice echoed out over all of Provollshia. This voice paralyzed alerting Ell, bringing him back to two month prior. Ell's head lifted upward towards the commanding vocals. Unable to see the figure that spoke however he knew all too well from who addressed the city. "This can't be good...." Ell words fade as he along with all halt in their actions and listen.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 pm
Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
All it took was a swift strike between Begress' legs, and he was immobilized. A cheap shot indeed, but it only caused him to further his descent into the fire that licked his feet. The crumbling floor around them had left a majority of the room in flames. In fact, the flames had moved so much that the area I had fallen was no longer safe from the flame. The male before Raven stared directly at her as the fire seemed to have no effect upon his flesh. It burnt at his clothes and revealed the skin on his legs, but it did nothing to burn him. His voice carried as he held onto the ledge that led to the floor below.

...Missy. I have never been one for flattery, and I ain't startin' now.

His voice was mighty, even against the cuts and blow he endured.

...I came here knowing death might be at the end of this road. But I can't leave my Tuli in the hands of a Storm Tyrant...nor in yours.

His frame was pulled up before Raven, not taking her hand, but standing on his own two feet before her. Gazing at her directly.

...I am not backing down now...and though it may mean nothing to you, I am sorry for trying to kill you.

The male turned to the burnt down door that continued up the tower, mere floors from the top as he spoke finally.

...if you traveled with a companion, I am sorry for your loss...but whoever he was is gone.
...continue fighting me missy...and I won't stop...

He glanced back to Raven once more.

...this ends now.

The fires continued lapping around them. The tower gave notable creaking while walls and floors below them began to buckle and give way. This structure did not have long. Something new was present now...something not heard before. I thunderous voice that was all too familiar; like a distant memory. It spoke out into the dark and carried with it a message soaked in death...it was Prosia.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
Even though the rain fell with unending mercy. People still took to the streets. Their white attire was that of robes that became drenched all too easily. The water chilled them to the core, but they kept coming. Leaving the safety of their homes like puppets drawn to their master. Prosia's voice was loud as thunder and carried over the masses even as his tower roared with flames.

...My children of Provollshia...goodevening...
...Tonight marks a moment in the making...
...For over two long months, we have been living in fear...
...But my children...it has been over ninety-three years that we have lived this way...
...As your chosen profit...the mighty Hand of the Storm...I have searched far and wide...
...Calling many spirits to visit my dreams and show me a way to keep my children safe...
...and for these past few years...a voice did call back...and it has indeed shown me the way...

I started to walk forward...towards the burning structure...towards the crowd. I pulled away from Ell's grasp while he listened to Prosia's evil words. The crowd made me stand out, for I wore nothing of their attire, I believed not in their "god", and I hated them for who they were. It was only because of their focus in Prosia that I was not discovered for my difference. They too were afraid of this spectacle...but they were unsure as to what it meant whilst Prosia spoke with such renowned.

...No more shall we live in fear of the world around us...
...No more shall we hide from those evil people just beyond our borders.
...This world was made for US to CONQUER!
...AND WITH A RIGHTEOUS GOD TO LEAD US TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!!!

A sudden explosion of cheers filled the night far and wide. Wherever people were to listen to this tyrant...they gave praise to their false leader. It was sickening...and they just continued to stand in awe in the wake of such beautiful darkness... I almost felt envious to not have such power at my hands.

...Tonight...my children...you will serve your purpose to your king made GOD...

Suddenly the lightning cracked from the top of Prosia's tower...red in its brilliance. It shot out towards the furthest wall of Provollshia...but it did not diminish...it continued to pulse a red bolt of the electric current outwards. And with it...a sudden weakness seemed to tinge at the base of my gut. It was like the air in my lungs was more difficult to breathe. The current in the air was intense...and it was not just a look that was in my eyes...it was there in others as well.

...You all shall be my strength...

My eyes slowly traveled back to Ell as they felt tired. Never before this moment...did I feel so helpless, seeking anyone to lean upon.

The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
Tuli spoke not a word as they ran. She was in a flight mode, only looking to leave danger and find Begriss. It was at the edge of the broken bridge, a twenty-foot gap between them raged the flowing current of murky black waters.

...we have to jump, there's no other way.

Tuli spoke plainly, all voice was devoid of reason, but it seemed that her mind was completely made upon this notion of escape through a roaring river that seemed likely responsible for the collapse of this bridge. The water swept by with vigor and covered what hides below in its mysterious depth.

There was a notable sound now...galloping...heavy footsteps...the sound of a hellbent hound that would be upon them in moments.

Tuli looked to Cadie and spoke louder...

Cadie, let's go!

The water called, demanding to sweep them away. A flash of red filled the sky and remained there in the distance. Unending.

A Voice Caressing the Drifting Mind of Hrodrick (Continued):
Deep echoes overpowered the rain tonight. A voice perhaps...but it was too distorted to tell. It spoke over the storm and accompanied from it was a red flash of unending light that filled the sky. It filled the cracks of this home, it made the dripping water echo further than before. Even Hrodrick's itch reacted with such dread and irritation to the sight. It was not natural. The light seemed to siphon the very breath from both of their bones. The woman would look tired as Hrodrick would feel his lungs compress in the wake of such destruction. What was this? It defied explanation. But in his weakened state, how would Hrodrick know?

The night laughed back at the shapeshifter's plight...but even it was afraid of the lightning.

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):
Without much surprises, the water flowed with vigor. It was a strong current that could easily sweep away a boy or girl. Varin's eyes were wide as Ell seemed to walk straight towards danger. Deu, however, kept here gaze narrowed to the water. Knowing something was not right. It was at a distance that from the very direction they progressed came an electrical crack of raw and evil power. A bolt of lightning exploded through the sky...but it did not cease...in fact...it remained present from a great distance to the direction of that small town they had left.

This sight was indeed peculiar...however...this was not the most unnatural thing to appear. For from the murky depths came the very thing that Deu had forewarned. Skeletal remains burst to life from the water as their corpses animated in the red light of the electrical stream overhead. A hand grabbed Remus' ankle as he stuck it into the liquid. Its grip was incomparably strong for being just bones and meat.

Deu was quick to react as she rushed forward at a sprint and swung her foot straight through the skull that was closest to Remus...however, this did nothing to loosen the grip. Deu lunged forward and began pulling against the skeletal arm with hopes to release Remus...but instead...a metal blade slid against her arm, cutting through the cloth and revealing a deep cut in her skin.

Her SCREAM broke through the rain, even against the lightening overhead.

Varin had finally begun moving in, grabbing Deu by the back of her shirt...even though it caused immense pain.

Before she left Remus' side, her unclothed hand slammed into the ribs of a skeleton...that familiar hissing sound returned and in a brief moment, the skeleton exploded everywhere, opening the very water and removing many of those remains close by. Still, many skeletons and remains stood within the flowing current against the rushing river. So close was the tree...but so many bodies wanted blood.
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven watched the male curiously, listening to him silently. When she heard that Calum was probably dead, the small bit of Raven's Sanity screamed at her to see if he was truly dead. Thing was, the darkness has fully consumed Raven, and only that small bit of goodness remained, but it was far too weak. Suddenly, she heard it, the booming voice of Provolisha. She looked off to the sound, before looking back at the man."I know it won't mean much to you, but I'm sorry for trying to kill you as well. I was just doing what I could to survive. That being said, I won't kill you. Go, try and save yourself. I came here for a different reason, and my fight isn't with you. Go, find this Tuli, and keep her safe." She replied, deciding that showing this small bit of kindness would put the last bit of her sanity to rest. She turned around, seeing the fire around her before frowning,

There was a hole in the wall, not surrounded by fire. She ran over to it. She saw a foothold and quickly grabbed onto it. She started to climb the tower wall. She kept climbing, cutting her hands on the rough stones, but she didn't falter. She was on a mission, one she intended to finish. Too bad Calum wouldn't be able to finish it with her. Too bad she wasn't sane to finish it. She finally pulled herself onto the roof, after much effort, and turned to face the green cloud. She summoned an obsidian sword, the shadows seeming to collect around her, and her sword had a red glow around it." PROSIA!" She screamed to get the gods attention. She had heard his words, and they only angered him further." YOU SAY YOU ARE ALL POWERFUL, THAT YOU ARE A "RIGHTOUSE GOD", BUT YOU ARE CORRUPT! YOU ARE THE FARTHEST FROM RIGHTEOUS!" She screamed in anger before a smirk made its way onto her lips." Better yet, if you are so mighty and powerful, then fight me! For all I'm concerned, you are just a coward who doesn't give a damn about human lives!" She said loudly, making sure everyone below would be able to hear her as well.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:I felt it, pain was making a return to my senses as I was pushed into whether I should flee or fight. The frigid cold feeling of the rain from above and the cold water around my ankles faded away as the skeletal dead had come to life. Deu had made an effort to rid as many as she could, but not without injury. My instincts kicked in again as the wear and tear on the body added more stress on my already fragile body. Breaking free of the grip from the skeleton, I took a seemingly improbably leap backwards, out of the water and onto drier land. The sheer strain on my body as I watched this other force compel my actions was taking its toll, and for the first time, this stronger half was too succumbing to the consequences of its use. Kneeling down with my hands pressed onto the cobbled street, I could tell my muscles were giving in. But still, I managed to stand.

With a wind up, and a bit of a running start, I found myself leaping a good majority of the distance, leaving myself in just arms reach to grab upon the branches of the fallen tree. The tide of the flowing water quickly began thrashing at my quickly dwindling strength. Surely, the boned creatures would take little to no hesitation to seek their attention towards me. I knew this, but was the more instinctual me aware of this?

I clawed my way onto the tree; my struggle was very obvious as I felt as though my bones were crackling under the strain. My hands trembled as I worked to pull myself up. My mind filled with concern. What if I gave out at this point, which would take me first, the creatures or the water? Would the creatures even allow me to get upon the tree? My life was on a thin line. Even still, I still felt those eyes of the beast on me, those eyes that stalked me in that dark alley. What did it mean?
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Ell's focus like all others were upon the tower or rather the being at the roof who called out to the entire town. As his grip upon Sulette was loose to begin with her action in walking off, though surprising shouldn't have been unexpected. "Sulette..." Ell gave a heavy whisper in order to not give away their location as the masses of town locals appeared from all around filling the streets. Ell hesitated in his attempt to reach out to Sulette and because of this he missed his opportunity to grab her and pull her back to the safety of the shadows. She motioned straight into the crowd of the cloaked cult. Ell scans his surroundings for a brief moment realizing these mindless fools only focus were upon that devil and his words. Another perfect chance and Ell enters the crowd after Sulette. He remained low passing through them with haste. On a positive note, Sulette's crimson hair made her stand out. To Ell's surprise she wandered deeply into their mists rather quickly.

The glee and cheers these foolish lambs gave to their leader disgust Ell. He wished to hurt all of them however that isn't possible at this time nor would it solve anything. Ell grew closer to Sulette. Just a few more feet away until she'll be in arms reach. The sudden eruption of lightening striking the tower and filling the skies in a brilliant hue of red caused Ell to peek upward at the spectacular brilliance of illumination. With it came a serge of pain emanating from Ell's right eye socket. The pain was sudden and extreme to the point Ell stumbled some and dropped to one knee. Ell struggles and fights the searing pain filling his skull only to gaze up with blurry vision upon Sulette. Even with his vision impaired Ell could see Sulette struggle to remain standing. Pushing forward Ell quickly and violently shoves a few cult locals from his path and reaches out taking hold of Sulette once more. "Are you... alright?" Ell asks panting while having difficulty focusing. Once Sulette is in his arms Ell begins to navigate through the sea of people gathered. Ell makes it only about five steps before the pain brought him back to one knee. "Damnit...I... I can't.... ughhh" With teeth grind and a clinch fist Ell mumble unto himself. "Please. Come on. Have to... have to fight passed this... Have to...to... protect.." A soft dim blue light began to shine from Ell's left eye. Heavy breaths calm as peace came not only over him but onto Sulette who is directly in contact with him. Strength befell them both and once more Ell rose to his feet. He kept his head lowered passing through the remaining crowds and into a home right across from the tower. The residents of this home were outside in a trance and it didn't seem as if they were returning anytime soon. Inside and safe Ell look at Sulette and asked her a very important question, "We're safe for now, but what do you want to do from here?"[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 pm
Aela Witch wrote:Many and more stepped outside to watch the blazing inferno that was once the Tower. It burned and smoldered, flashed hot in hues that shocked and mesmerized all those looking upon it. Fantine was walking through the crowds of servants standing in the courtyard. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, her mind wandering in many places as she walked. They are all so amazed, what is going to happen, what should we do, what should I do, is this a good time to dispose of a body?

Her thinking was cut to an abrupt end when the faint sound of a toad, or perhaps it was a frog, croaked in her vicinity. The look of curiosity on her face quickly turned to that of abject disgust. She turned her gaze upon it's source with a glare that could have curdled milk. "You again," she said in a low hissing tone.

Just as suddenly as the creature had appeared to her did a booming voice fill the air. It cracked and roared like thunder, and all the people of Provollshia, the high and the low, looked on or listened. Fantine listened, and although she was not the most devout follower there was something in the tone of voice and circumstances of the announcement that sent shivers down her spine. She did agree, however, that the world was theirs, and that all they would have to do is take it. That was a daunting task, although with the people united perhaps it could be done.

"You hear that, urchin? We're going to be conquerors," she said in the direction of the frog, or perhaps it was a toad.
Junior Admin

Jeshem wrote:Alcezar was already agitated the entire trip to the tower. When the door slammed behind him and the locks fell in place, it was the final straw for the doctor. He spun around and drew his scalpel keeping it near his body, under his cloak and out of sight. As the boy-creature took its time to shed its burning clothes and give a sarcastic apology, the doctor slowly backed away. At the lunge, Alcezar was ready; he was no athletic man but his survival instinct was keen enough to allow him to survive an angry mob armed with torches. In a fluid motion, the doctor whipped off his wet cloak and flung it over the charging creature while dodging to the right, nearer the stairs. He spun around and began running full speed away towards the stairs.

The cloak had somewhat protected him from the rain outside but his clothes were still wet enough to provide some protection from the blazing fire. As he made his ascent, scroll in one hand and scalpel in the other, Alcezar briefly thought about the strange symbols carved into the creature. Were they scars from evil surgeries and sick experiments or something less natural? The carving resembling carving suggested the former but Alcezar was not willing to rule the other out. These thoughts were quickly banished as the doctor quickened his get away from whatever creature was trying to eat him.
Junior Admin

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):
Frigid was the water that rushed past Remus. Even with such attunement to the world and its weather, this flow contained traces of unworldly death. It chilled both body and spirit. Overhead, the lightning stream cracked and sparked in erratic motion. The sounds it made were distracting and violent. With each motion, strength seemed to draw towards the bolt, stealing strength from the land and its inhabitants. Those skeletal dead seemed to react as well, however, it only slowed their motion slightly. For they were already upon Remus as his arms connected with the wooden corpse of the tree.

With each attempt to straddle onto the wooden husk, the bones and bladed corpses drew closer. It was as Remus was pushing himself up that a corpse raised a jagged and broken blade over his head, swinging down in a fatal strike...but...

FROST BREATHE MINE!

A deep blue flash filled the dark waters as the skeleton intending to end Remus' life shuddered and froze. The water closest to Remus chilled even further, close to that of freezing. A thick layer of ice and frost coated the skeleton's exterior, rendering the corpse useless. Stuck in a perpetual state, like a statue, the skeleton steadily creaked and snapped as the waters broke the bones free from the floor, sending it down the river. On the shore, Varin stood, his breath was frost to the air, and in his hand was a blue stone, glowing with such beautiful radiance. On Varin's face was a notable strain from both the pulsing red light overhead and from whatever it was this stone he held.

FROST BREATHE MINE!

Another pulse of blue light filled the darkness around them, clashing with a twisted corpse that neared Remus' advance. Its exterior wore upon it a thick coating of ice and frost, halting what deathly intent it wished upon Remus.

Again and again, Varin shouted out in a deep voice those words. But upon the sixth calling of the stone, he fell to the floor, sapped of strength, and wearing upon his skin a blue frost that was cold to the touch. With Varin's collapse, Deu looked from Remus to her fallen companion and delecately felt his head with her arm. Her eyes were weak as she whispered...

...Varin? Why did you do that?

Skeletons around Remus were frozen solid, as were patches of the tree. A few corpses tried breaking through their frozen breatheren...but were slow...giving Remus needed time.

Deu looked up at Remus as she held onto Varin...

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? GET UP!

The Wicked Glow Over Abernathy Manor & Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
Just after Prosia's voice filled the air, he was cut off by an unknown female voice that filled the radios. Someone close enough to be in the vicinity of Prosia...

YOU SAY YOU ARE ALL POWERFUL, THAT YOU ARE A "RIGHTOUSE GOD", BUT YOU ARE CORRUPT! YOU ARE THE FARTHEST FROM RIGHTEOUS!" Better yet, if you are so mighty and powerful, then fight me! For all I'm concerned, you are just a coward who doesn't give a damn about human lives!

There was a resound silence...both from above and from the crowd below...a subtle click echoed from the radio...turning off the signal. The lightning clashing from the top of the tower out into the corner of the town remained pulsing. It emminated that evil red light that seemed to draw life away from the people below. Their eyes were tired, but they remained looking upwards.

A soft blue glow eminatted from one boy who pushed through the crowd with some unknown directive, he stopped as soon as he connected to a girl who did not look to be from around here as her clothes indicated something foreign. She looked weak and needed the boy's help to remove her from the vacinity of the tower. They moved quickly and passed Fantine's servants...quickly making their way inside Abernathy Manor.

...Ribbit...

Although I could no longer see the bolt of red lightning, the evil glow was felt even through such strong walls. I viewed the interior of this "home" and it was much more extravagant than I was expecting as a means to keep out of trouble. If it was not for Ell, I would surly be crawling on the floor. I gazed to him and gave a weak smile as I whispered...

...I know asking it is foolish...but what do we do..?
...He's up there...I know he is...

My eyes were blemished in red as if something was irritating them; tears possibly, or even fear. The magic radiating off the tower was the hand of searing death. It called for more. Outside, suddenly the top of the tower exploded into two lightning bolts as another shot across to the far corner of the city, making a second connection that made those closest to the tower fall to their knees. Suddenly there were SCREAMS filling the air, not those in joy or in anger...but those of true pain. As though death was befalling the poor fools.

I could feel the magic burning away at the floor. Stone and dirt pushed away from the tower...even in this manor...it ran from death. I could feel it in my gut...we needed to run...but I did not want to leave.

I looked up to Ell one more time...completely unsure with what we could do.

...maybe he's up there with that girl...
...if we...if we were able to get inside...we could climb...

I began rambling and making plans that were suicidal...not even such that a martyr would die for.
This house felt of dark magic...it was saturated in something unnatural. The walls viewed them whilst we spoke in whisperes.

The Doctor and the Dead (Continued):
Fire...smoke...burning wood and stones engulfed in flames. These were the only things that the doctor would see as he climbed the stairs. With every floor, the stones began to fall away in more and more clumps. Nearly a whole row of steps were broken away by the rising flames. Whole rooms were empty with pits leading into the flames below. The doctor would begin to find that even further up the tower, the flames had already made their way. The scroll would feel the lick of fire as what dampness surrounded Blackblood was almost gone. His skin would not be spared such heat. There was nothing but fire and smoke.

Finally, Blackblood would come to a level of the staircase that was completely opened to the world. The wall before him was gone. Rain poured through...but there was no path up. The next two floors were completely torn away. Rubble lay scattered many feet below.

Behind Blackblood...a notable patting of skin to stone was present. Whatever had led him into this place...was now mere steps away.

...yu dun runnin' ol'man?

The boy stood with crooked grin upon his face as he walked through the fire. His fingers were claws...and his face was cut in more ways then one.

Master Ioria & Mister Clyde - The Curse of the Telvani (Continued):
A sky masked in night and sheets of unrelenting rain was all that Clyde could see. He did not wish to use his eyes much as he pushed through the bolstering wind. Clyde was not blind to the two massive surges of red power that scorched the sky. Lightning from that Tower that loomed over all of Provollshia. He knew not what its intent was...but he could feel the life draining from the soil.

Clyde headed through the streets into a place that few people ever went. Mud clung to his boots and water clung to the coat he wore, drenching him completely. No one was with him...not anymore.

His hands pressed the rusted bars of a gate that screeched open. Metal grinding over metal. It was through these bars that Clyde walked...he wandered forward...making his way into the graveyard which was once well kept. Made for royalty and those of renown.

From the lower run, Clyde walked forward, making his way towards a shovel that stuck out of two open holes in the ground.

Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
Alone, Raven would embark and find that her journey had led her to that final platform that their stage was set. It was here that two months ago she vowed her revenge against a man of pure evil. This journey took two months and a single companion to show her the way. However...it is among these final hours of what could very well be of dawn, which Raven makes her stand in the darkness...alone.

Her words rang out and gathered the attention of two. Red light exploded from the hands of a man, who's face Raven would know even in a crowd. Prosia stood with that power he held eminating off his fingers.

A second man who wore perfection in his face and stature stood close by with a book open in his hands. He would be unknown to Raven...but a similar darkness eminated from his presence.

Both these men were caught with a look of surprise about them. The male of perfection had his jaw slightly agait as he stared to her. Prosia seemed to twist his face to that of a crooked smile. His hand shifted to the radio and flicked the switch off. Her echoing voice would silence among the town as he would only glance in her direction.

Now child...this is something most curious...

His voice was carnal...but his words were condescending.

...You see...we were expecting someone...but that someone was not you.

Prosia pointed his finger forward and as soon as his arm was outstretched the lightning radiating from his hand exploded outward and past Raven by mere feet. The door nearest to her exploded into shards and smoldering embers. From that opening the hollow groans of a large man behind her were present as the male she fought moments ago, Begriss, fell through the open door with a large hole in his chest. The lightning struck him dead center and now...he lay upon the ground, motionless.

...Now that that is done...

The perfect male was whispering something under his breath...and with it...the very stones beneathe Raven's feet slid out from under her. A dark magic that she felt near the stone box within the tower lingered in the air...as this male played with the stone around her. Raven had no footing, and soon the stones were flying at her from below. breaking and striking what skin they could as Prosia spoke clearly.

Who or what are you?
How did you get this far?
And why can we not feel your presence?
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven glared at Prosia, standing tall in defiance. She moved to the side quickly as the lightning came, but even so, she only had moved a centimeter when it passed. She glanced back to see the man she had been fighting earlier.Well, that's just a waste. I spared him for nothing She thought bitterly, not hearing the other male mutter. Suddenly, the stones beneath her began to slide. She lost her footing, just barely managing to catch one of the ledges before she fell. She hauled herself up and moved away from the sliding stones. She stood up again, discarding her sword before turning to face the two again."Who I am, how I got this far, and how you couldn't feel my presence doesn't concern you." She snapped, thinking for a moment. She pulled the black book out of her satchel, flipping through the pages quickly. Now that she has truly let go of all her sanity, the words on the pages made more and more sense to her. She didn't recognize that the wheel had come full circle. That this roof she stood on was the very place she had promised to avenge those who died. All she cared about was blood as of now.

Finally, she stopped, looking up with a coy smirk, and put the book away again." You really are corrupt. You see, dark magic isn't really accepted into today's society. Tell me, who forced the ritual upon you. A close friend, family...or did you do it on your own?" She inquired, walking to the right a little."Well, it doesn't matter now, does it?" She stopped suddenly, turning to face Prosia. She remembered she could create anything from her blood to help her fight, and she began to wonder, could she summon more than a weapon. She faced the man and Prosia, imaging a fire. Nothing happened, so she assumed she was wrong, but she could still try. Though, it may be best to keep talking while she did so." It makes me wonder Prosia, why did you give into the darkness? Was it for power, or did you really think you would gain respect? You truly are no god, just a sad, pathetic being with no disregards to anyone but himself." She taunted, her hand held slightly out to her side in case she did manage to summon the fire she was attempting to summon.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 pm
WitheredRose wrote:"I don't want to die." The whisper was weak, nothing more than lips moving, sound drowned out by the raging water, alarms, and every other noise surrounding them. Her hand gripped harder onto Tuli's, turning her gaze toward the flashing light that spread across the sky, before bringing her gaze to the raging waters once more, and jumping. A leap of faith-- or was it fear? Whatever it was, it was a jump that could kill her. Hopefully Tuli knew what she was doing, that this wouldn't end up causing Cadie her life.

The shock of the freezing cold water shocked the young girl to her bones. Her hand upon Tuli's slipped free, as she struggled to surface again, gasping for air the moment she could, and holding her breath when the waves from the currents submerged her face yet again. 'I don't wanna die... please... I don't wanna die.' The thoughts continued to circle her mind as she kicked her feet, and struggled for the surface. "Tuli!" She screamed when she could grasp at air again, and before she was pulled under the current yet again.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]The inner decor is briefly examined. From Ell's prospective it was a bit ugly though at the current time focusing on it is rather pointless. Already he could feel the throbbing within his skull. With each pulse flaring by the lightening felt like a fist, pounding and beating on him. Not only that but a tug; something some force consuming him. All-the-while Ell listens to Sulette's desires. Almost plea sounding, her concerns are merited but foolish and quite frankly unattainable. "I don't think that's possible. Not with all the AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Ell's words are cut short with the arrival of the second stream of lightening. Before with pulses it was more of an irritation. Now the dual pulsating lightening hit Ell four times the original. As a result Ell is floored. Attempting to fend off such a powerful spell with his little abilities shattered his protective field and sent it directly back into himself. Ell stood motionless after going eerie silent. His left eye rolled upwards into his skull before falling forward hitting the floor. He's alive however he heard nothing of Sulette's idea of climbing the tower. Face down Ell struggles to remain conscious now suffering from the full effects of the outside spell.[~|~]
Junior Admin

Aela Witch wrote:Fantine was not only flabbergasted that someone would openly speak out against Prosia, but to challenge him as well! Murmurs quickly began to circulate through the crowds of people outside the manner and filling the streets. Who is that? How could she? How dare she! were some of the questions being whispered through the sheep. Meanwhile, Fantine's attention was quickly captured by a faint blueish glow emanating from a boy working through the crowd. Her eyes were drawn to him, perplexed by his appearance.

Within a few moments he had made contact with someone else in the throng of people. Fantine craned her neck to watch as he and a young girl dressed in foreign rags quickly and quietly slipped passed her servants and ran up the path towards the manner. "What in the..." she started to say to herself when a sudden thought crossed her mind. They could be thieves! Taking advantage of the distraction to steal our valuables inside the manor! A terrible, insidious, horrible idea came to her, Perhaps they never see the light of day again... I can promise them a safe place to hide and trap them in my room with the secret! Then, when they are starved and weak, I can enter and bath in both of their blood.

The thought of what she could do was enough to excite her, she took great pleasure in the enhancement of her youth, it was almost sexually gratifying. Fantine followed after carefully, although she didn't make her presence to the staff unnoticed. This was her home after all.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Ioria gazed from within the shadows as Clyde pushed forward through the storm ridden night towards the two graves. "I see you still have a soft spot for the old fool eh dear?" Ioria looked down to Mr. Snuggles to see an amused face spread on the doll. "He took care of me, even if it was to be rid of me at the end because of those people." Ioria grinned at the thought of Clyde trying to kill her at the request of her dead parents. "Even the shadows of the mind speak to you dear.....of all the ones to be born you are most fitting...." Mr. Snuggles gently climbed to Ioria's shoulder and sat upon it resting its head against her cheek.

"They call it a curse Mr. Snuggles......they say us Telvani are cursed......how stupid of them!" Ioria face twisted into madness at the remembrance of those who were terrified of her and tried to "save" her. "I am the youngest of the Telvani to inherit the magic and to be chosen by you Mr. Snuggles. They all died because they were weak and refused to see the darkness held more comfort than their "precious" morality and kindness can serve. I wonder Mr. Snuggles if we can still hear the screams of the shadows left behind of the those we kill....eh?" Ioria's twisted face relaxed into a sweet smile that emulated the darkness within her.

"I wonder what you taste like Clyde....I wonder what others taste like in the world you tried to hide me from?" Mr. Snuggles chuckled as Ioria broke into a crescendo of laughter. From within the shadows she watched Clyde laughing before taking a step further within the shadows. "Lets go to the Academy my dear.....maybe we can find some fun there....." Ioria nodded. "We shall but lets watch Clyde for a few seconds more." With that the two watched dear Clyde push further to the two holes in the ground with a shovel protruding from the earth. "Lets watch and see Mr. Snuggles."
Junior Admin

SealedSecretsofSociety wrote:North and Wilhelm stood dumbfounded at the riverbank, not quite believing what they were seeing. Skeletons roaming through the dark water, springing out of nowhere to attack those helpless children. Or at least they had appeared helpless. What happened next threw North for a loop and made Wilhelm's eyes bulge well out of his head. The boy, the one on the shore, he had frozen everything that was unfortunate enough to stand in the way of his spell. Those skeletons had seem most intent on stopping the child headed for the tree and then this boy just froze most of the skeletons in their tracks. It was a simultaneously wondrous and terrifying. The trouble was agonizingly obvious here and it was North who first noticed that the boy may have been rendered fatigued, but the girl there supporting him was bleeding profusely. And the other one on the fallen tree, he was headed for the column. What in the good name of God was happening here? Between Prosia's Zeus complex and the spectacle before them North had lost any semblance of understanding. And whatever otherworldly power was in the lightning was forcing greater fatigue and pain upon the two.

"Let's go," was all North said and she took off towards the trio of terrifying troublemakers. Wilhelm answered by running with her, noting that the effort was significantly greater than normal. He would not draw his sword not yet, his priority may be to help the boy at the tree. It would be North's responsibility to handle the skeletons laying siege to it. Although two swords were not likely going to be enough...As they approached Wilhelm took time to laugh at himself. He was witnessing living skeletons yet all he was doing was thinking about how to beat them.

"The realization will probably hit me later," he thinks.

North was living up to her name. Her mind was straight as an arrow, even in this nonsensical world her resolve remained unflappable, just as it did now. With her telekinesis she drew the claymore on Wilhelm's back and the broadsword on her own. She would not take the one on his hip, he would need that one for himself. They were nearly one top of the two children on the shore. North raised up the swords and prepared to strike any skeleton that dared to pose a threat.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 pm
BioCollision wrote:Whatever had lain behind me I could not spare the time to dwindle upon. From what I could barely hear, death waited with its terrifying grasp just out of reach of the back of my neck. That was reason enough for me to fear looking behind me as I worked to muster my already dwindled strength. There wasn’t much left in me, as I cringed further more to pull myself up onto the fallen tree. That much, I was able to do. Furthermore, I was able to get to my feet atop of it. I trotted on with the lingering sensation of my life clinging to my body with a thread.

The cruel world that I had been thrown into was relentless. The remainder of my childhood was stolen from me the day Fousture was raided. There it parted from me. I walked towards the stone pillar before me. My steps were wobbly, and the warm pulsing glow of the fragment now taken from my pocket and held into my hand: it was as though I were held into a trance. From all that I had dealt with, it was through these hardships I felt I wasn’t just breaking physically. I wasn’t tested just on my own morality to save others. I wasn’t just tested to see how long it would be until my spirit broke. What had crept up my neck was merely a dream for what nightmares this world had already decided for me.

The sooner I had accepted that, it would be easier for me to continue my act. My trembling steadied as I outstretched my hand, as though offering the fragment to the pillar as I still drew closer to the pillar as the fragment surely emitted its ominous glow. I ignored what was behind me. What came with it, the eyes that bore into his soul before, now coming just outside of the shadows with the maw of a large black dog revealing itself into the light. Its canine’s pearly white with perfection, indicating its hostility.

This was barely the beginning of Remus’ story…
Junior Admin

The Wicked Glow Over Abernathy Manor & Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
It was in the moment that the windows filled with red light that I felt that growing sense of weakness. It pushed past the floor I stood and grew with such force. Those possessing strong magical connection seemed to be affected far more than those without. Regardless, I felt faint. The darkness clinging within these walls seemed to move on its own. It was disturbed by Prosia and his actions.

...is this all fated?

My attention was drawn to Ell as he hit the floor, I noticed it a moment later as my feet carried me over to the cold ground he lay upon.

...Ell? What is happening!?
...Ell!?

I held his head as gently as possible as I watched helplessly to this horrifying nightmare I lived.

...is this it?
...are we to die in an unfamiliar land...surrounded by unfamiliar faces...to be forgotten.
...a grave with no name...

I pressed my forehead down upon Ell's and began to sob. My hands, holding onto him tightly.

...stay with me...please...

The Escape? Cadie & Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
Dark, merciless waters suffocated Cadie when they could. The current that struck the two was much stronger than either would expect. The roar of the rapids and the sloshing of unforeseen debris was only slightly masked as the red light above them surged through the air. Tuli was no-where to be seen. The churning water threw dirt and grime into Cadie as she rushed past figments and shapes. The night hid structures and people alike, however, there was a presence that crashed into the water which would only escalate more fear.

A molten body of a massive feral hound thrashed about in the dark water. Apparently, even the flowing current did not hinder the hound as steam exploded off of the creature's body. Massive claws swung through the water, the only mercy to them was found in the creature was unable to find Cadie's exact location. It was only as her head found the surface that the massive hound would swing a limb at her. Distorted barks and gnashing of fangs swept through the water and made staying afloat even harder.

Suddenly, in the dark water, something struck Cadie, a sharp dull pain pull at her...possibly it was the hound...for it thrashed ever-closer. But then came a voice...muffled and difficult to make out.

...Cad-...hold- n!

The water rushed past as Tuli weakly held one hand to a slick stone pillar off to the left of an old bridge. Barely able to remain above the water. Tuli held onto the neck of Cadie's shirt. Unfortunately, their minor luck was becoming short lived, for even though the large hound had passed them, it was now standing in the water against the current. The black liquid flowing fast against the beast. It treaded towards them, but the motions made were extremely slow. It seemed the beast did not have to wait long...for Tuli was losing her grip...

...WHY DID YOU CALL ME!?

Clyde's voice exploded out into the night. There was a dark magic that seemed to expel from the air itself. Almost like an odor, it lingered, creating with it a taste of iron. Something about this graveyard felt different, just beyond the gates was the surge of magic pulling into the air...heading towards those massive bolts of lightning. But within the gates was this overbearing presence of tranquility, unnatural in its conjuring. Those of magic would feel irritated by this presence...regardless of if it was dark or light.

WELL!?
SHOW YOURSELF!

Clyde seemed to have lost his mind, for he spoke into the shadows and the air, nothing called back.

Only Ioria would possibly notice that there was something inside, beckoning her within. Something that made her every bone whisper to move through the gate...but her gut told her the opposite. If she could feel a chill...it would be beyond the gate.

A moment later, the sky flashed red and suddenly began to fall. Lightning bolts poured down from the clouds, striking the city in a relentless fashion.

Caulm & Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
It was as Raven spoke her bitter words to force some form of response of Prosia that a sharp pain struck her back. With her focus so drawn to Prosia, a jagged brick belonging to the wall behind her flew with such desire to maim that when it struck her skin, it lodged itself deep into Raven's lower side. The notable sensation of dripping blood would not be noticed by Raven, but the pain it ensued was still there.

Prosia gazed to see how much ferocity this girl had. But she was merely a secondary thought.

You are right...naive. You concern nothing to me. Merely another spectacle to be spoken of once and denounced from memory shortly after.

Prosia's gaze was averted, however, the second male who spoke words of unfamiliar property made the stone rise around her, spinning in contradicting unison. He approached Raven with no expression, no joy, no wonder, not even the expectation that he would take away anything if Raven were to die by his hand.

Prosia spoke once more as the two massive bolts of lightning cascaded and pulsed across the city to unknown locations, they surged with life. Still, Prosia's voice overtook their radiance.

...You believe I do this for some unforeseen entity? You are wrong.
...I do this because I have learned what it truly takes to become one.
...You must have seen one before...perhaps it approached you when you were weak and frail.

He smirked. Staring down Raven.

...You have a lot of bite for someone I have not heard of...
...Not even your face is familiar to me.

From Prosia's right hand, the red light began to grow brighter...something was about to happen...and it did not show any sign of stopping.

...Perhaps you have heard of me prior...perhaps you are here to avenge some fool that burned at my feet.
...I need not pretend to be some profit anymore...for I have ascended the need to wear a mask.

The bolt of lightning grew in his hand, the floor shook, the air trembled and became static for a moment.

...I need not followers...I need not protectors...
...I...NEED...FEAR!

From Prosia's hand exploded a deafening blast of red light that shot out into the distance. It struck somewhere beyond the rain and from the distance came a loud rolling thunder. The ground of the city became red through cracks in the dirt, the sky began to clash as red bolts of lightning surged at the floor. What they struck were people. Incinerating them in a flash, and fading as they disappeared with each burst of radiance.

...My people...will feed my power...they will grow my fear...
...The Sclakin are needed...NO MORE...
...Brutes of mortal flesh will return to the soil.

The red strikes began falling without end. Prosia's veins began to pulse, his skin began to expand as burning symbols similar to the one on Raven's hand expanded over his entire body. The skin stretched as muscle grew beyond human understanding. His body became the color of slate, his features became defined of a volcano. Prosia breathed ash and spoke in the voice of thunder.

...You will fade to nothing...naive...but I...I WILL BE KNOWN BY ETERNITY...STORMS WILL FLEE MY PRESENCE...AND THE SKY WILL CALL ME BY NAME!

...I AM THE STORM!

The thought of flame was something unfamiliar to the magic Raven new, but from such desperate determination came miracles. Subtle flashes of golden hue created a slight warmth of flame. The perfect male that stood closest to Rave, about ten feet out, noticed this odd occurrence. He did not seem to care all that much...almost as though he was waiting for her to make a move.

Remus & The Trial of Morality (Continued) Introducing North & Wilhelm:
A surge of red light exploded before Remus as the warm stone latched into the missing portion of the pillar. However, the end result was a deafening explosion and a shockwave strong enough to throw Remus through the air like a ragdoll, scorching the soil it touched and ending the life of any skeletons in the water. Immediately, a pulse seemed to pull back into the red lightning, for the soil nearest and those skeletons that touched the bolt were siphoned of life. The soil turned black, any plants turned brittle and died. Skeletons incinerated instantly, the lightening seemed to spread. Both Varin and Deu had been thrown back about several feet, laying on their back and side. The force of the strike was strong enough to drop North and Wilhelm on their backs, even at the distance they were. This was no ordinary lightning, it remained cracking through the air, originating from the source, Prosia's Tower.

It was Deu who responded first, regardless of being in bad shape, she left Varin's side. From head to toe, she was covered in mud. Her skin was slightly scorched, and her movements were extremely slow against the pulses drawing strength from those that were closest to the red stream of lightning. She trudged through the grass as though she were wading through water. Her face was contorted to that of immense pain. At the corner of her eye, she made note of the feral creature that seemed to pose a further threat. But it was not her current concern. As soon as she reached Remus, she began shouting through whispers, however, she could barely hear herself. A ringing resounded in her ear, it was deafening.

In Remus' head, a constant echo of a familiar voice was speaking to him. It sounded both serene and desperate.

...my dearest...
...wake up...
...you must wake up...
...don't give in...
...the dark is all around you...
...wake up...

Deu's voice slowly began to overpower the voice ringing in Remus' head.

WAKE UP!
WE CAN'T STAY HERE!!!
WAKE UP!!!

Her shouts were filled with desperation as the red lightning surged further. Sparks and arcing radiances of the red pulses drew outward. Connecting with anything that gave off a living presence.

Varin was slow to move, but he pulled from the dirt forward, crawling away from the presence that was death.

It was in this fleeting moment that the vivid scape became complete. Three points of contact, the lightning was now connected, and from the sky came raining down bolts of red flashes. Slow at first, but more were arriving with every moment spared.

The voice returned to Remus regardless of his state...

...you are...nearly...there...
...your trial...nearly done...
...do not...give in...
...the tower...burns red...
Junior Admin

Darkwing01 wrote:Raven suddenly felt a sharp pain in her shoulder. She nearly cried out, but she bit her lip. She wouldn't show weakness, she wouldn't give Prosia that satisfaction. No, she would stand tall. Besides, she was already battered and bruised, what was one more injury gonna do. She watched as the other male approached her, the stones spinning around. To be honest she was afraid, though she wasn't an honest person and didn't plan on letting her weakness show. She listened to Prosia, before a smirk plastered itself onto her face. She didn't recognize the magic, she didn't even know what was happening, but she didn't care." And that very need for fear and power will be your downfall. You see, you are just as bad as any mortal. You are full of greed, you're so arrogant and prideful. You know, last time people wanted power, they all died. I know this because I was the result of the power. They made me who I am, and now they are dead, rotting in a cave. You think your greed will get you far, but I have a newsflash for you...It'll on;y get you killed." She responded, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw an orange glow. It was small, but the more she concentrated on it, the bigger it grew. She didn't care about the storm, the stones flying around her, all that slipped away. The fire was no bigger than the palm of her hand, but she didn't care. It was her first time doing such a thing, and the fact that she managed to call a fire with no practice was a miracle enough, and one she wasn't about to take for granted. She looked at the man ten feet in front of her, holding out her hand. The red glow in her eye seemed to grow brighter, and more shadows collected around her. She was purely focused o n her magic, and that's all that mattered. She could feel it running through her veins, and she had never felt more alive until this moment. Her face and eyes became completely devoid of all emotion as she stared at the man, watching him step closer and closer, waiting for something.

There was another strike of lightning, and that's when it happened."Burn." That was all she said. The flame rushed out her hand, charging past the stones and to the male. she looked around before running past the stones, not caring about the cuts. One minute she was on the roof, the next, she was falling. She pushed herself off the side of the tower, landing on another roof and rolling to help break her fall. She felt a sharp pain in her wrist, but she didn't hear a crack. If anything, it was just a sprain. She summoned a bow, knocking not one, but 4 arrows onto the bow, and shot them all at once, aiming straight for Prosia. If they hit, great, but she mainly did this as a distraction so she could slip off. She then jumped to another roof, and using the shadows as cover, slipped into the alley below. She knew Prosia still couldn't sense her since she sill had the stone Calum gave her.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 pm
SealedSecretsofSociety wrote:The intended rescue was an utter flop. One moment a boy on a log is being chased by skeletons, the next moment lightning was blowing up the world. North once again found herself having no clue what was going on. As she lay on the ground her mind buzzed in confusion and her ears rang with the blast that had occurred. Her mind had be deafened to the world because of the flash bang effect of the lightning-if such an unnatural phenomenon could even be called lightning. Quickly her mind came back into focus and she made a mental check of herself: arms, legs, head all intact; spine was sore but in one piece. The back of her head was really sore too, made sense given what just happened.

She got up quickly and spotted Wilhelm already standing and he went over to the claymore that she had dropped when she had lost her focus on the two swords. She stood up and went over to grab the broadsword and then noticed the trio had been flung away from the pillar sitting in the river. North could tell that the girl was speaking to the boy that had tried to traverse the log, though she could not hear what the girl said.

The time had come to get out of that death trap, both Wilhelm and North realized that. It had taken a moment but they finally took note of the, rather fatal predicament they were in. Surely those three also realized it. Wilhelm's fear was evident but North knew that it would not get a hold of him. She took off again towards the three, praying that nothing else out-of-this-world bizarre would happen while they were making their escape. It didn't matter what they were doing here, they had no place here, then again neither did Wilhelm and North. They all had to get away from this place, there very lives could hang in the balance.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Ioria felt the cold chill run up her spine. It was an unnerving feeling that she felt while gazing at the other side of gate leading into the cemetery. "Mr. Snuggles what is in there? Who is Clyde speaking too?" Ioria gazed down and saw the rabbit hold a stern look gazing to where she had. "I do not know dear but we must leave soon." Ioria look towards Clyde curious about what was withing the graveyard but decided it was best to leave. She summoned the shadows and began to melt into the swirls and tendrils that enveloped her. She made sure to slowly leave as to keep an eye out in case something interested would happen. Her amethyst eyes glittering as she watched the spectacle Clyde was performing.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:My eyes bolted open. The last thing that I seemed to remember was outstretching my hand towards the stone pillar, in my waking stare, deafened by the crashing of the world around me. Deu shouted towards me, but not a word could be heard, only the voice in my head. I had become so affixed with the task, I was losing grasp with my own sense of environmental dangers. The burning tower, the smell from before, I wasn’t imagining it. It was faint from the smell of rain and static in the air, but surely it was behind me. I rose to a sitting position, turning around looking back towards where we originally came from. However, I did not have much time to think, only one thing cause my attention before the sensation of pain returned to me.

It was those pairs of eyes again, the ones from before. Methodically eying me up, as if they were smothering me, I felt as though I could not breathe. From the pair of eyes shot from the ground unnaturally cast shadows, ignoring any laws of science that would tell these shadows that it was too bright for them to be there. They clearly were not shadows. They quickly outstretched to me coming out from the ground and grabbing me with many hands. My arms, my legs, my head, anything the countless hands found that they could grip to.

I found myself being dragged violently towards the eyes, closer and closer drawn forward realizing it was the eyes to a large black dog. As the distance closed, the dog would run back down the alley the false shadow dragging me in its path. This was no normal dog, and I had fallen to its prey. No obstacle stop the path of these shadows that gripped me, dragging me through garbage, wooden barrels, and even scraps that was left leaning up against the buildings. I barely had any strength left in me, rendering me to fall unconscious from the abuse.

This dog seemingly the mark of death had dragged me so quickly away from the others and off into the dark alleys, there was no realistic way that they could have followed up on where I was brought.

I don’t know how long I was out for, but when I awoke, it was still dark. It could not have been long, but one thing was for sure, I found my arms bound. Surprisingly, my legs were not. Whatever tied me up probably figured I was in no condition to just get up and run. But my instincts to survive was saying otherwise as I rose to my feet, only for a moment seeing a figure cast in darkness. I did not second guess myself as I ran off back out into the streets. A violent howl could be heard from behind me, back down the alley. But I did not dare look back. My adrenaline was kicking back in. But it was far from what it felt like all night. This adrenaline was fear. I had no clue where I was going, but one thing that was for sure, the scent of smoke was growing stronger.
Junior Admin

Caulm & Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
Far below, it would almost be impossible to hear so many screams with everything that occurred high upon the tower. The deadpan look between Raven and the perfect male did nothing for either. Prosia, the man-made-god, had almost removed all focus from the girl. Allowing the perfect male to do as he will with her. It was only as Raven thrust the fire from her hand that this male seemed to take any consideration towards her act. Stones seemed to motion towards Prosia, the flame flew faster. The spinning vortex of rock around Raven had a loose gap in it which made escape easier...but, not without injury. Still, there were hundreds of rocks flying past, slamming into her were just a few of them. By the time Raven left her prison, she might notice that the same fires she summoned had ceased their advance...as they were an unusual magic to her...it only made a distance of about twelve feet before fading to nothing.

As Raven continued her escape, stones followed close behind, flying through the air towards the closest building...a considerable fall that was not close to the height of the tower by any means. Still...as she recovered with minor injury, rocks flew past. They grew closer and closer. Her bow and arrows at the ready, a single stone grazed her ear...but still, she took her shot. Three of four arrows had flown with lethal intent. However, only two arrived to Prosia, who wore a surprised look upon his face...for he did not know what to expect. The third arrow was slammed down to the floor by stone moved at the other male's voice. It was in this moment that Prosia was struck, the blow of two well-sharpened arrows struck mortal flesh...the fatal intent was to kill...however...what bulged beneath mortal flesh was no longer truly human. The arrows struck their mark...but fell after crumpling against skin, like stone, that would not give.

As Raven continued her decline from the roofs to alleyways, the screaming now was far more present. Past followers, Schlakin servants, innocent outlanders who were trapped within the walls were all helpless to the lightning bolts that flew down from the sky. Each man, woman, or child that was stuck gave a heart-wrenching scream as their living essence was burned from their body. The bolts of red light would return to the sky and leave ashes behind. More and more would fall as Prosia's voice returned...

...My children...your Father of the Storm commands you to accept the gift of a god...return to me!

No longer did the stones follow Raven...it seemed that the perfect male could no longer find her...or perhaps he was no longer interested. Regardless...the darkest of nights here in Provollshia had arrived...and not a single person seemed able to stop it.

Even as Ioria left, the gates beckoned her still..."come within...witness a secret to keep..."

Clyde spoke into the darkness with nothing but madness frothing from his lips. The graves seemed to whisper a tune...something that beckoned so sweetly...a cure for curiosity...resting within the ground...

Clyde began to dig into the open graves of the already excavated Telvani...his panting slowly becoming laughter as Ioria continued to fall...nothing would arrive though...even though something was definitely there.

Remus & The Trial of Morality (Continued) Introducing North & Wilhelm:
On a night such as this...unusual was something of a natural occurrence in these parts. Some would expect the unexpected...experience said events with friends or family...perhaps these events would occur to friends and family...and then it would be done.

TONIGHT...however...was taking the natural order to a whole new extreme.

Deu held Remus by the collar as figments of arms and hands cast in shadows grappled and ensnared the boy...it was in this surprise that Deu watched the boy become dragged in an unusual fashion by an unknown enemy. The faint rustle of his clothes through the dirt and whatever noises he was making became quieter and quieter as the slamming of boxes and the breaking of wood was a distant occurrence melding with the sound of screams and static.

Deu just stared for a long while...Varin did the same...his eyes were far more open in surprise as the world of magic seemed to have a whole new meaning.

Deu suddenly spoke out into the heavens...

Oh great Mother of the night...I have failed in my task. The boy I sought to protect is dea-

HE'S NOT DEAD!
Varin's voice came through like an anvil. The frost lingering on his breath created what looked like steam...but cold to the storm-riddled air.

...look...VARIN...the boy is lost...and I have saved him far more times than he saved me...

Deu may have spoke the truth...but Varin rebutted...
...Saving a life from one scenario...only to have them die immediately after does not constitute as saving a life...

Deu smirked...
...that is why I am confirming my failure to save the kid...

This continued on as North raced towards the two remaining. Varin and Deu were separated by a handful of tens in feet, but they bicked like they were in-front of one another. It was obvious these two knew each-other...however...it was even moreso that they cared not for their lives...as lightning fell down in groups over the city. Cascading screams echoed in their wake. Whatever path these individuals chose would have to be chosen fast...for the red glow of lightning seemed to grow closer to them as the bolt that was planted in the pillar arched and weaved through the air.

---Where Remus Stood---
Not far from the tower...the smoke was blinding in the street...masking the bodies that stood nearest.

...flee...my dear...
...do not...let...those hands...take you...again...
...you are...so...close...

The stone did not glow...but it was warm...almost hot. The rock seemed to react to the current event. Lightning would strike...followed by a scream...and then nothing. The sound of feet fleeing would reach Remus' ears. However, the bodies those steps belonged to were blured faces in this hellish landscape.

The tower of Provollshia...standing impossibly...
At its base, there was fire growing out of empty space where stone once grew. Red embers fell like roots at the base, the stones fell every now and then with a thunderous BOOM in the caving motion. Even though there was no foundation to this structure...it floated in the air. What fragments it could save were held together. Slowly spinning. The tower had red lines that pulsed a dark energy. This was felt strongest over anything...for it was more than apparent that whoever was causing all this was located at the top...and this power was surging from him into the soil. The ground closest to the tower was a foot deep of ash...sometimes the brittal sensation of a bone snaping was felt...it might be sadistic to say...but the sensation of the ash was warm and inviting to the touch...
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm
WitheredRose wrote:Muffled sounds, lightheaded, darkness. The water sloshed over Cadie's head over and over again as she was pulled downstream, her lungs on fire as she held her breath as long as possible until she was able to take another once she could get her head above the current for but a moment. This was it, she was gonna die... at least, she thought she would the moment she breached the water for her next breath to be met by a swinging claw toward her face. It was all too much, Tuli and her had lost their grip on each other's hands at some point and it felt like someone was pulling on her shirt now. The material was fragile and used, though it was holding together... for now.

Things seemed to be getting worse, and the sudden pain and pull caused the young girl to think the beast had her. She released the air that was left in her lungs with a scream, and was suddenly pulled out, though the unforgiving currents slammed into her hindering Cadie's hearing... it was a voice!!!

The relief that coursed through Cadie's caused her head to spin, though it was short lived when she realized, through blurred vision, that the beast was waiting to eat, and it wouldn't stop until it got its meal.

"W-ait!--- Tuli!---" she coughed as water entered her mouth yet again. Cadie could feel her shirt tearing and the girl Tuli beginning to slip away, and desperately, she reached to grip the girls wrist as tightly as possible. The position was odd and difficult to maneuver, only giving her so much strength and availability to grip onto Tuli. 'I just gotta hold on... just a little longer.' Tears swelled up in her eyes, fear crippling her. When she left to loot, this was not what she had planned. "Hold on Tuli!" Cadence screamed. The adrenaline pumping through the girl suddenly gave her energy and strength, though awkward as the positioning may have been, her body suddenly stopped hurting, and her grip tightened on Tuli's arm.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum