View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]"Stay awake..." The second assault shattered Ell's focus. Similar to a door slamming onto his face so too the impact halts and cuts off his connection. As a result his body goes limp, fading into an abyss, the abyss of this wicked city. "Open your eyes..." Ell never felt the impact of the floor. He did however feel the ever chilling embrace of death. Along side the cold is an eerie muffle deafness. The cries of Sulette grow distant and distorted. "Not like this..Stay awake damn it..." The third and final bolt of crimson lightening strikes and Ell's body twitches. He's grunts of pain escalate however the sheer amount of pain aided him in snapping back to a more conscious place within the depths of his psyche.

Peering down Ell's eye opens wide witnessing the image of himself and Sulette huddling over him on the floor. The realization of what is transpiring before him almost leads him to disbelief. Such a haunting sight though through this a revelation presences itself. From this plane between life and death Ell is able to see clearer. This city, this poison, this evil, all of it a true cancer which is about to kill itself. But they can't remain. Staying here will get the two of them swallowed up. To flee is the only option for their survival and for that Ell need to get up. "Get up..." Warmth slowly begins to enter him. "Get up..." The moisture of Sulette's tears soak into Ell shirt. Her body being pressed unto Ell's and he feels every quivering breath. "Get up..." The pain. This pain fuels his rage; fill his will. The will to move on, the will to achieve his goals, the will to survive. "GET UP..." With a sudden burst breath fills Ell lungs and he shot half way sitting up. A rush of sounds swarms him, Ell's right hand takes Sulette's left hand, a few coughs, a couple of swears, and Ell sits up.

"We need to get out of here." Ell's first words upon revival. His head throbbed for the outside effects raged on. Ell is pretty sure Sulette will protest however he knew, Ell felt it. Escaping is the only priority at this moment. Slow and steady he rises. With the help of Sulette Ell gets his footing. Clearing his throat he expresses his concern into more of a command, "We're leaving this damn place right now. Everything is doomed here so we're leaving." Taking Sulette's arm Ell fights through the pain and begins to walk towards one of the window closest to the front door. The illumination of red though stunning was also a sign. Ell watched and studied for a moment all-the-while keeping a firm grip upon Sulette. Thanks to past experiences Ell anticipated refusal from Sulette which would lead to her running off somewhere in which will end up getting them both killed at this point.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm
SealedSecretsofSociety wrote:Wilhelm had prayed for the same thing as North, for their escape from this deathly place to be as peaceable as such a death trap could be. Yet the prayers of both would have to go unanswered as they observed Remus dragged away at unfathomable speeds. Wilhelm was unwilling to let go that easily and so he surged forward into flight after Remus' retreating form. He sailed over the other two children in a desperate attempt to reach Remus but it was no use. Wilhelm's flight may have been fast by most standards but by no means could he keep up with something so unnaturally swift. Wilhelm lost Remus in the midst of the labyrinthine alleyways he was dragged through.

He stopped and landed in the middle of the alley he turned down to follow Remus' hellish captor. Wilhelm had turned down this alley only to find nothing here, no Remus, no captor, no villains to try and slay him, nothing. Wilhelm didn't want to give up such a chase by any means but what choice did he have? He had lost Remus entirely and there wasn't exactly a trail saying "come hither". With no alternative he lifted off again and returned to North's position, where by now she had encountered the other two children that had been with Remus.

Upon returning he saw North speak to the other two at the same time, "Are you alright?" she called with the utmost of sincerity. Wilhelm flew down to them and landed with an uncertain footing. As if not caring that he stumbled upon landing Wilhelm addressed them all forcefully.

"We must leave at once!"
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven stared up at Prosia, her eyes widening. What the heck was she supposed to do now! She pulled out her book, flipping through it until she found a marked page. Huh, since when was it marked? She read over it and realized it was to summon a hooded figure, and by the description, it seemed to be the one that gave her her powers. Should she summon him, or was this her signal. Was this his way of telling her that her brother and sister were here? Had she been meant to stand by and no nothing all along? Raven shook her head, flipping through the book until something else caught her eye. Demons? It might be her best option. She quietly ran down the alleys, running towards the house she has been living in before slipping in. Grabbing what she needed, she moved outside, setting up the ritual. She was far enough away from the fighting that she wouldn't be seen, but close enough that she could still hear it. She set up the symbol, making everything she needed, carving it into the pavement, before standing up. She closed her eyes, knowing that she would have to let herself go if this was to work, and she did.

Raven looked down at the book, softly saying the ancient chant. She didn't understand it, but she did at the same time. She felt herself slip further, becoming one with the darkness inside her, and letting it loose. She felt the energy of her magic hum inside of her as continued to chant, gently cutting her wrist and letting her blood spill into the circle. She put down the book, raising her arms as her chanting progressively got louder. She hoped this worked, it needed to work. She was engulfed in shadows, the bright red glow of her eyes the only thing that could be seen in the cloud. This needed to work. She knew it did. She may be too tired to try to summon something else after this, and by then her presence would be known. Raven let her chant ring loud and clear, hoping a demon would come to her aid, praying it would. She could feel the subtle itch in her hand, but it's been sated more than it ever has been in months. Maybe she would be able to do this. Though she knew deep down inside that it would take a whole lot of miracles to pull this off, and Raven had a feeling she had already used all of them up.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:Ioria drifted through the shadows and found her self on a street adjacent to the academy, with smoldering eyes she gazed at the steps of the disgusting school she was forced to attend. Her "birthers" as she referred to them, feared her for natural talent in the gifts of the Telvani and magic alike. Gifts she had not had trained in since the time of their "unfortunate" passing, save the lessons she received from Mr. Snuggles. Ioria remembered most of her childhood, most of which she never got along with anyone save Clyde. Then one day she awoke to a strange rabbit doll seated next to her bed and since then she and Mr. Snuggles had been inseparable. As the years went by Ioria had grown into a beautiful young girl and by no comparison a gifted Telvani but as those years came and went so did her distaste for her "parents" grew.

Ioria snapped out of memory as she found herself at the base steps of the academy, gazing up those stairs remembering her first day. How the rift raft tried to get close for favor of a noble family. How the teachers doted on her, how the entire flock of meat sacks embarrassed themselves to become "friends" with her. All that ended one day while she sat in class and had to do a demonstration of what they could do to "measure" their ability. Ioria summoned the voices of the shadows of a random nobody in the front of the class and began to tell the secrets that hid within. Shortly after the poor student.....broke. "hehehehehehee...." Ioria chuckled remembering how the student descended into madness quite quickly. Ioria turned her eyes to the sky and smiled, remembering when her birthers broke. It was a stormy night like this one and they had the nerve to take Mr. Snuggles away and Mr. Snuggles didn't like that. She remembered tendrils of shadows wrapping around her birthers squeezing, crushing and muffling their screams and breaking of bones. While Mr. Snuggles had "snacked" on them while alive. Unfortunately Ioria could not summon the same strength of those shadows like before. It was then she realized she need more lessons.

She hugged Mr. Snuggles closer to her and began dance reveling in the memory of her birthers passing. The rain fell upon the ground as she came to a stop in her waltz. "Shall we go explore Mr. Snuggles?" The doll shifted its gaze up to her face and smiled. "Yes dear but not in the academy...."
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:Smoke smothered my senses as I stumbled further. Blurred faces scattered past me, I could not distinguish any of the features of their face. It was as though the thickening smoke were deterring my ability to visibly see anyone clearly. The strength in my steps once more began to fade. It took me longer to traverse the terrain than it probably should have. Even with something with these shadow hands hunting me, I could not muster the sense of urgency in the fibers of my body. In this one night alone, I had raised my adrenaline more than any normal person should ever. I questioned even my own will power to trudge on. I walked a path on matters I was not even sure would result in something truly beneficial to me. Did I even know what was? Was there even any point in me being here? Why did I come to this hell of the living? But that was the really deep thought there as I gripped my biceps, holding my twitching body. For all I knew, I was already dead and this was the afterlife. I was dead the moment I woke in the mud three months ago.

I hadn’t outright realized it, as I was drifting off into my thoughts. It was a wonder I did not notice it right away, but the heat of the burning tower was what brought me back from my thoughts. I paused for a moment, unaware of the ash I had been trekking through. The sight of the tower brought my hairs on end. I did not know why it did, but something about the tower just made me feel uneasy. That was besides the fact that it was burning and somehow managing to remain standing. However, I did not have much time to think as I felt something tug on me from under the ashes. I felt my panic return.

The hands form before once more gripped my feet as I quickly got dragged to the edge of its depths before I kicked myself free, somehow. When I looked away from the tower, unlike before however, stood a rather scruffy looking man and he did not look happy. Instinct told me to get up and to run for the tower, and I did. All I could hear was the angry battle cry from the man, which almost sounded like an animal grunting with ferocity. It did not take long to feel an uneasy sensation in my gut as I felt myself being launched upwards toward the tower by the shadowed hands the man possessed. Was the dog and the man the same being? Shutters of pain filled my legs as it felt like my very bones in my legs cracked, forming what I imagined being spider web like patterns across their surface. Whatever those hands were made of, they possessed a great strength. Far beyond what my already breaking body could handle.

My trajectory slowed as I reached out for the stone wall surface, several floors up above the flames root of the tower. I dug my claws as best I could into the surface, as I sloppily scratched into the surface with deep gashes into the stone , sliding down a bit before I stopped, clung to the towers wall. I cringed from the pain my hands were feeling. My spine tingled as I looked back down towards the man, only to see several of his black hands outstretching from him, extending to strike me down.

I pulled myself up, using the dwindled strength of my arms to just barely evade the blow of the many hands. The byproduct of his action left more holes into the surface of the tower. All I could do was keep moving upwards, depleting my strength slowly as evaded his blows that seemed to grow more difficult for the man to land the higher I got. It was then I had realized, the fragment. Was I near its home location?!
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 pm
Jeshem wrote:Alcezar took the moment to soak his blistering skin in the falling rain as he stopped at the end of the stairway. Running through up the burning building had brought something out of the doctor, a faint memory. Flames, he remembered, shouting, weapons, an angry brother (or was it cousin), running, ducking into the dark night. He remembered watching his burning home fade over his shoulder. He remembered running through the forest until the flaming torches and shouting faded likewise into the night behind him.

It was strange, Alcezar thought to himself. That night had placed a fear of flames within the doctor. Mere torches made him nervous and he couldn't stand being in the same room with a lit fireplace regardless of how cold it may have been. Now, however, with his heart pounding in his chest and his lungs desperate to fill with air, he felt strangely calm. The doctor also realized that the voice in his head had gone silent. There was no eldritch speech within the back of his mind commanding him tirelessly to understand the infernal scroll he hugged to his chest. Instead, it was replaced with a soft voice repeating a simple, primal command.

"...yu dun runnin' ol'man?" taunted the beast boy as its patted limbs stalked up the stone stairs.

Alcezar turned to meet the creature. In his left hand, he clutched the scroll to his chest while his right hand gripped his scalpel as one would a knife.

"Yes," replied the doctor bracing himself, his back to the storming sky. "I do believe I am."

Survive, whispered his own voice within his mind. Survive, survive.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 pm
Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
Wait...WAIT NO!

The initial voice of Ell was enough to bring some hope back into such disenchanted eyes. I was elated to see life produce in the body of what should have been rotting on Mother's door. However, it was in the sudden direction that Ell had willed upon me that my heart sunk yet again.

...We can't...I WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IF-

The statement was shattered as the vibrant red static protruded the window. As soon as the outside was met by bare skin not a single one of the Five Father's would be able to protect Ell and I. The voice I once had was stiff and scratchy. The air was hard to breathe, but the chaos outside was even worse to view. Women and children, men and soldiers, innocence and the misguided were subject to the flashes of red bolts that now rained down over the city in deafening CRACKS of explosive light. I watched a man huddled over his family disappear in an instant as the red light engulfed him and left nothing but sifting ash behind.

Just outside the door was a Schlakin...his stance was not like what I had seen before. For his head was cowered into his knees as he twitched and screamed a cry that made my skin crawl. For the sound he made was not that of a human, but that of dying beast. His skin was covered in those notable marks of power onto his skin, but instead of strength protruding their design, the marks were chewing away at the skin on his bones. It took mere seconds for the man to fall to the floor and be devoured. Such a sight was something I never expected to see in all my life...and yet...this was not the end of it. For as soon as the body was nothing more than a pile of flesh, the skin twitched to life as some dreaded creature of dark flesh sprawled out with lanky arms and crooked posture, walking on hands and bent knees. It was much smaller than the man but far more terrifying to view.

At this point, I could not verbalize my distress. The scene before me was too much to comprehend. I thought the mysteries of the world shared a similar thread to those myths and legends we grew up with by candlelight and the loving caress of our father's and mother's, but I was wrong. The thread closest to our world were the nightmares we witness in our sleep. Just beyond the edge of sleep.

At first, my body pulled hard against Ell and his path chosen for us...but after being pacified by the world, I was limp and lost in my thoughts.

Caulm told me a story every night...but never told me about his nightmares.

North & Wilhelm - A Twofold Path Meets The Escape? Cadie & Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
And go where? Deu's voice was as kind as teething crocodile.

There was something about the night that seemed to dilute any clear sense of action to be taken. The air was sharp with static, and the night felt so much darker in the rain. Distant flashes of red light had been falling down from the sky closest to the Tower of Provollshia. The only thing more odd about this occurrence, beyond the three connecting bolts of lightning...one being connected the pillar in the water beside them...was the fact that the distant tower was ablaze with fire. The smoke and ash in the air were thin where they stood, but the smell was pungent.

Although the four of them had just met, Varin was in agreement with Wilhelm. However, Varin also owed his life to the boy who was just stolen away. A debt was made that would not be broken...not in the slightest. Varin held close his morals...and although Deu did not show the same enthusiasm...Varin knew she would follow wherever he went.

...You are right...we must leave...but my debt is owed to that boy who was just stolen away. Varin spoke matter-of-factly. There was no pause or concern for the fact that the world around them seemed to be falling apart. In fact...neither of these children that North and Wilhelm came across seemed to think twice about the unnatural occurrence around them. The air was glistening red with static, the sky was raining down bolts of red light, and a distant fire to the grandest building in Provollshia could possibly signal an end to the life of their King.

What was that? Varin's attention was turned a bit more towards the river as the raging current seemed to mask something upstream.

It was not clear what Varin heard, but his expression was that of something familiar and a deep concern. Although his body ached of the frost sickness he inflicted upon himself, he was up on his feet quickly. The act nearly caused him to topple over but as soon as he heard the distant scream, he began sprinting up the side of the river towards a distant structure that looked to be a broken bridge.

Deu was slow to start...but with an aggravated sigh she was up.

...My apologies...gentlefolk...but that brazened-jackass is in my care. Can't leave him alone. Deu ended her sarcastic flair with a bow that might have caused the wonder of if she ever participated in stage or the travelling arts of show.

Regardless, the two children were off running up the stream.

Up the stream where Cadie and Tuli fought for life:

The water was as violent as ever. Tuli's voice was a mixture of sloshing pleas and roaring requests to Cadie. It was known to Tuli that the grip she had on Cadie's collar was slipping, but she did not want to scare Cadie. She could barely process the information herself.

Steam broke through the water and flew up into the rain as the beast stomped closer to the two. There were two molten pits where the massive hound's eyes should be. Its stare was that of malice. A step more and the hound would be close enough to shred its claws through Cadie.

It was at this step that the beast had stopped, what could signify the end of a tale and the beginning of a nightmare. However, a quivering growl overtook the air as heat flushed the opaque, rushing river. The beast's stop did not entirely seem intentional, there were green tendrils of fire meshing with the marking cascading over its body. A sort of pain seemed to flush over the creature where it stood quivering. However, it was unsure why this was happening.

...Who's in the river?
...Speak, scream, show me where you are!

The distant voice of a boy was something of a familiarity. It spoke in defiance of the rain, but it was some yards off. It sounded as light as the wind, but as powerful as a hawk's wing. It had to be Varin...for Cadie knew the only boy of the Arcane District who gave her his patience and time.

...CADIE!? IS THAT YOU!?

Varin's shout was much closer now, and his light hair and dark robe were visible in the distance. He undoubtedly saw the massive monster before her...but he was not close enough to do a thing about it.

The beast had seemed to reclaimed its focus, for its burning teeth shown in front of Cadie's face like bright spear-heads.

NO!

Tuli's voice broke the tension before the beast did...for her small fingers slipped past the soaked stone. The freezing water met their skin once more and once again, massive claws and fangs swept through the raging torrent. After many attempts, the massive beast struck Cadie against her back, pressing her down into the depths of the current, far away from the surface. There was no light to tell where the surface was or a direction to swim. There was no sound to hear beyond the flowing water. The only feeling that existed was the cold and the coarse stones of the riverbed.

Cadie would not hear Tuli screaming for help, she would not see Varin plunge into the water after her.

Caulm & Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):
In some stories, the lights would flicker and the moon would blacken, while newborn calves were consumed by the shadows of night-lyths. The summoning of deamons was rather underwhelming really. And simple if you knew what you were doing.

..,your pronunciation of CREVANTS..,and SEPONIS are rather..,dull to the CALLING of underlings..,

The voice of a dark cloaked figure filled the space around Raven as she stood over a symbol covered in smaller lanky creatures that kicked the mud and stone she had carved her symbol in. These creatures seemed to appear from nowhere, one of them had been lapping up the blood from her hand as though it were syrup. The skin of them was dark but not black, and their eyes were distant, almost not present. They were no larger than two feet and rather unimpressive.

The dark figure stood at the end of the alleyway, and although it might seem that Raven's call for aid had worked...this was not the case. The magic in the air was static upon Prosia's striking of the ritual he formed. Having such a large plate of magic seeping through the earth was like a feeding ground for lesser creatures and greater ones.

..,you have FAILED..,me CHILD..,
..,I require..,BLOOD..,so much PROMISE..,but you have produced so LITTLE..,

The voice of the cloaked figure was built in the shadows. Every crack of lightning that fell from the sky seemed to fade his presence. However, the static around him was so weak in comparison. The shadows were greater where he stood, and in his shadow, Raven stood at his head.

..,I gave you..,POWER..,to SLAY gods..,
..,but you FEAR..,giving in..,to the DARK..,

More serious was his tone as his hand raised up.

..,I shall give you this..,MERCY..,and let you CHOOSE..,die tonight..,or live for TOMOROW..,
..,you shall NEVER..,find your FAMILY..,with your WEAKNESS..,

In the final rung of his voice, the small dark creatures that littered the floor suddenly snapped as his hand fell to his side. The small creatures of the dark opened their yellow crescent eyes and sprung at her from the ground like rats in a frenzy. They snapped their jaws at her skin and scratched with razor sharp claws. Each creature was small, but they felt like stone and weighed as such. There were a couple dozen of them, but their speed and ravenous hunger blacked out the red flashes of explosive light.

There was no telling if the cloaked figure was watching Raven as she was attacked by these creatures, but, the one thing that remained was the ceaseless snapping and screaming of night-lyths that chewed on her ear, back, hands, and legs. They scurried over Raven and tackled her with such force, throwing her balance as they did.

This night was cursed, and performing a ritual without understanding usually ended with someone dying.

Master Ioria - The Curse of the Telvani (Continued):
Rain fell harder as the sky seemed to fall towards the earth. Brilliant flashes of red exploded down from the heavens. Such a sight would make the Fathers above stare down to such chaos. There was no presence of mercy or the like. The rain here was tainted by the city and the light in the sky was the proof.

The Arcane Academy was dark beyond its gates. A few lights remained towards the upper towers, but there were special measures taken by the Masters of the Academy. Sigils and Glyphs separated the sounds beyond the glass and doors of the Academy from the world so students could study in peace. It would be no surprise if not a single student knew what was going on outside.

For Ioria, that distant feeling of something watching her was as present as ever.

The further she trotted, still, the feeling remained.

Was Clyde's madness responsible for this feeling? Probably not, but it remained all-the-same.

Remus & The Trial of Morality (Continued):
Upon the Tower Pinnacle:
The devastating shakes and explosions would usually signal urgency and focus, however, Prosia felt none of these things as he stood at the Pinnacle of the tower. At his hand, red bolts of electricity arced over the city to predestined locations, made specifically for his act of god over the inhabitants. A dark power flooded his throne over the city while the lives below were squelched away in a beautiful and horrifying flash of red light. From the sky fell hundreds of bolts of lightning in rapid succession. The air clung to skin with a static tinge. Remus' motion up the tower was easily felt as were those by the predator that sought him out.

It was not Prosia who took action of this impending threat, but his right hand, Boles. The perfect male stepped from the side of Prosia towards the sudden decline. Every crevasse and crack in the tower were felt by Boles, for he bound the tower through his and Prosia's power. A talented eye for words written beyond this world, every stone kept its own to hold this tower up.

Boles' arm cradled the sacred text of lore not seen by the eyes of this world, and upon those pages, he flipped through, the revelations of Mother were connected in tendrils of Blood.

After locating the appropriate measure, words flowed quietly at first before the thunderous tone of a practiced Arcanist spoke the directive that bound stone to defy those rappelled to this tower. The side of the Tower that Remus held to began to shake, at first it was nothing more than a low rumble, but then the stones began to shift and push outwards, not only for Remus but the strange man that followed. These stones began to fly out of their holdings, producing gushes of flame through these open holes. They would fall down towards the hands, and rain over Remus.

This would last a moment as the attention drawn from above was shifted away to a figure thought dead. The male of much strength produced a bloodied color to the symbols upon his skin. The open cavity on the chest of Begriss has bled for some time and his skin was pale. It was only the sheer determination that clung in his heart that showed the face of his little girl, Tuli.

Begriss saw the man that commanded him to take her life, he watched Boles not as he stood now, but as he stood then, almost twelve years ago. He was still a Schlakin then. Boles was only a man who had royalty over him, not rank, back then. Still, Prosia had his ear leant to the clever wordsmith. He knew much. Magic was not as present as it was in the world, it was kept in myth and secret back then. Some go to say that magic was only discovered over a year ago, some even argue there were those that practiced upon mountains in solitude well before that. For Begriss, he believes magic has always existed, but the world was too young to notice it.

This was made through the belief of those that were chosen to complete impossible tasks. To end the reign of a Mad King, or to stop the end of the world. Begriss made his choice long ago, and kept secret his defiance of Boles and Prosia, sparing the life of the only heir to Provollshia.

Begriss grit his teeth as the marking spread over his chest meshed with the blood on his skin. He grits his teeth and pressed forward. The feet connected to stone violently. Prosia noticed the resurrected man but could not comprehend the actions until they were too late. Boles only noticed this at the very end.

Begriss gave out a LOUD yell as he tackled the unblemished male, Boles, over the ledge of the tower. The sheer act was a horrifying surprise. Scrambling to make sense, the two men fell from the high arc of the tower towards the ground. One of them screamed in terror as the other fell in silence.

Remus - Upon the Tower

The shifting stones came as Remus brought his attention away from the persuer and wondered upon his task.

Like a rock-slide, it takes the motion and the sound of moving stone to bring attention the severity of the situation. This fell in the same catagory for the unusual man who sought Remus out.

Stones fell in abundance over Remus as the tower seemed to shift without any rhyme or reason. As if a dog scratching off a flea, the stones grinded against themselves to remove the unwanted pests. This happened for what seemed like forever, whole segments of the tower were falling off, until a sudden halt in the actions present gave way to eerie silence.

The silence lasted for a moment, and then the crescendo of a bewildered and terrified scream was produced by a man not seen before. The man fell without direction or grace, but with him, falling at the same time was a man in silence. He looked dead, as though the life was taken from him long ago. But this moment came and went in a second as the figures fell towards the earth below.

Silence ensued, but a feeling of heat came as well, for the stone close to Remus...the final piece...it began to smolder...but it did not glow. He was not where he needed to be...but he was close.

Above Remus, the tower had a notable opening.

It was not as broken as it was before the stones fell...but in this devastation...the tower opened to gaping room with stairs that climbed to unforeseen heights. Perhaps it was a better path than being pursued upon the Tower's walls.

The soothing voice that guided Remus this far was nowhere to be heard. It remained silent as the boy deciphered his own path leading here.

Was he dead? Did he have the will to determine this? Was this world made to swallow him whole?

The Doctor and the Dead (Continued):
One would think that the boy who stood mere steps from the tall Doctor would be perhaps the most unusual adversary in this moment. The scene was set for a bloodbath. Two creatures fitted with venom and talons. Their quest was endless, they sought their path to the end. The Doctor was at the mercy of that which he did not fully understand, but it spoke enough to create such hunger that needed to be satiated. No child, man, or creature would keep him from the knowledge.

Both were seething, the boy was twisted like a viper ready to strike. The Doctor seemed prepared for the coming assault.

However, a scream that started low and steadily grew was what came first. From above, unforeseen, two large shapes were falling without explanation. One was a man whom wore royal color to his person. He seemed somewhat familiar to those who lived in this tower. However, in his graceless fall, he lacked any face to recognize. The other male with him was silent as the grave and looked as though as if that were where he was heading.

The massive and silent male struck a piece of the tower off the side with his head which seemed to be with enough force to decapitate most. His head remained on its neck, but it was obvious that such a blow may be enough to end any remaining life in him. The stone that struck his head had shattered and sent pieces flying at the Doctor and the creature-boy.

In this moment, a hand snagged the collar of the Doctor and sent him back with the force of a large male falling from a high place. The figure who grabbed him was the same one screaming, it was notable that he did not wish to die. The act pulled the Doctor from the opening of the tower and out into the rain from high above. Such a fall was destined to kill them both.

But mercy sometimes shines on those desperate. A dead snags branch was brittle from recent burning. It snapped easily under the weight of the screaming male. He struck two, his hand clenched in a death-grip upon the Doctor's collar. After shifting through the tree, the two fell painfully down towards the floor, their speed reduced but nothing short of able to break bones.

The screaming male struck the floor which was covered in a deeper layer of ash and what felt like large rats.

The Doctor would land over the male who struck the ground significantly harder.

In this moment...the screaming of the male had stopped.

...Upon further inspection...the Doctor would be winded...possibly with a few broken ribs and a sprain...but alive.

A few seconds later, there was another loud crack overhead, the sudden act would be of a boy that chased the Doctor through fire to reach him, he was now impaled by the tree overhead.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 pm
WitheredRose wrote:Hope, such a cruel and unforgiving thing. Many times, Cadie had hoped things would change, hoped he would return for her... hoped that someone would help them. But none of those things had happened, not one. A pity party seemed inevitable at this moment in time, when gasping for breath became more and more difficult, causing her to release her grip upon Tuli's wrist just so she could keep herself from drowning.

The water grew hot as the beast neared, the steam wafting into the air causing Cadie's vision to become more blocked than it already was. Though, it seemed like the beast grew still for a moment? If only she could get above water to see, but it seemed like it had. A flash of green caught her eye before more murky water blinded her yet again... though there was a voice, a familiar voice? Unable to stop it, hope filled Cadie's heart yet again, as if she hadn't learned her lesson yet.

"HELP!" The scream resonated with fear, a feeling and sound Cadie was not used to. It was then she saw it, the beast looked straight at her with its teeth bared, and frantically Cadie kicked her feet and paddled her arms in an attempt to get away. The stone was pinning her in place with the force of the current, there was no escape. She didn't even know if Tuli was still hanging on, but all she knew, was this thing wanted her, not Tuli.

Yet again, that familiar voice drifted to Cadie's ears, despite the fact that it was muffled, she knew it... His voice?!

"VARIN??!" Cadie's eyes fluttered wildly but she couldn't see him, and Tuli's was the last she heard before the excruciating pain bit into her back. Lips parted to scream, but was met with water flooding within her mouth instead, before everything grew dark. At the bottom of a river wasn't how she expected to die. She was just learning how to heal, and had managed to heal a whole plant by herself! She had been warned though, if she didn't become a respectable young woman, she would end up dead in a ditch somewhere... though this wasn't exactly what she had pictured when the foster mom had said that.

Fitting, to say the least.

It was a myth, that your life flashed before your eyes when facing death. At least, it didn't happen that way for Cadence. The only thing running through her mind, was that she shouldn't have listened to Tuli... they should have just run. Maybe then, Cadie would have gotten to see him again, just once more. All she could think about, was what she could have done differently to change her outcome. Fingers clawed at the riverbed, pulling as hard as her small arms could, but it wasn't working. Blood poured from her fingertips as nails chipped and pulled, though with each pull, she grew more and more weakened. Her body hummed, and she focused on healing, but she had no idea what she was doing. Her back didn't hurt so bad, maybe it was working?

Cadie's lungs were on fire, and her mind becoming foggy. Maybe it wasn't working, maybe she was just beginning to lose consciousness, and that's why the pain began fading...

I'm sorry Varin... I tried.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:14 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]The scene is plagued in horror unspeakable. The masses scattered and trampled over each other in all directions away from the burning tower. Between the frantic riot of bodies scattering aimlessly and the furious bolts of crimson raining down, Ell found it quite difficult to discover a way out. Fate however can still something be kind -- another flash shot just outside the window missing both Ell and Sulette, killing a family. This did however allow for Ell to peek his head out quickly and see fortune. Before alerting Sulette Ell's attention darts towards the door and the Schlakin guard. Witnessing what is being produced sickened Ell. His screams haunting for the suffering is that of nightmares. Arising from the flesh, a creature of unholy origins, and Ell wasn't going to waste time attempting to understand it. With Sulette still in hand, Ell rushed forward before the small creature gathered itself and kicked the foul thing with all of his might away from them and into some random people that were cowarding in the corner of some shop. "We're leaving now."

Pulling upon Sulette's limp body it is unknown if she even heard him. Ell did find something place safer than this house. Down the street Ell saw a sewage drain and remembered it's the same place he hid during his recovery. There was no way of making it to that opening however it is common for fancy homes such as these have some sort of sub depository. This was an answer, the answer. This will also allow for the two of them to flee without having to be trampled by the panicking crowds as well as avoiding the lightening from striking them down. Already Ell was up dragging Sulette along. Quickly checking room by room until Ell noticed a cellar door. Pulling it up and open Ell quickly takes a glance before heading down with Sulette. The flash of red from the outside aided very little to light the room. Luckily whomever lives here is intelligent enough to leave a lantern at the bottom hatch with matches and all. For a very brief moment Ell released Sulette to light the lantern, however he didn't look away from her and was ready to grab her again should she try to run off. With the lantern lit Ell quickly takes hold of Sulette again. With haste he proceeds in the cellar. In the corner there lied a opening. Though small the two of them can fit through. "Come on. Let's go." Ell said. Lowering, Ell placed the lantern down for light and had Sulette go first into the passage.[~|~]
Junior Admin

SealedSecretsofSociety wrote:We have heard it said that when everything else is lost we still have hope. When all hope is lost we maintain faith. How fallacious those words have proven to be this very night time and time again. For this night people die horrible deaths and the incarnations of human darkness roam this place as freely as the people themselves. The agony of this city seeps into the very Earth and burns the psyche of every sentient creature foolish enough to have believed that nightmares were simply a product of the dream world. North felt this the strongest and even though she attempted to close off her mind, even though she had always believed and even seen for herself that nighmares were real, she could not prevent the deaths and agony of so many from staring her in the face and mocking her pitiful existence as well. Magic had been left behind in this world by God who had made man in His image, thus would it not make sense for him to leave behind a shadow of his power for humans as part of that? And yet God was supposed to be kind and loving, qualities that humans were supposed to share. So why were such satanic men allowed to exist? Who allowed these nightmares to live?!

Wilhelm grabbed North's arm and she was snapped out of her own nightmare. Though brought back to the present her previous thoughts festered at the back of her mind, feeding on the agony imprinted on her psyche from the very city around her. Wilhelm dragged North forward, she was confused, unable to understand in the moment what was happening. Why were they running? To what were they running to? She would have to wait for an answer because Wilhelm skipped straight to a plan of action for something she had no understanding of whatsoever.

"I need you to take hold of my sword but don't control it. When I twist it you have to propel it parallel to the direction I'm facing, perpendicular to the sword. Grab the other three." North may not have understood the situation but she understood his words. And so once again she grabbed the other three swords as she followed Wilhelm, but this time she took hold of his weapon, making sure to simply feel it with her telekinesis and not control it. As they ran North finally saw what had presumablyu gotten Deu, Varin and Wilhelm so worked up. In front of her in the river North saw it and indescribable creature causing steam to profusely rise from the river.

"Keep it off balance!" Wilhelm commanded. He then proceeded to do the most foolish thing North could have thought of at that moment. He drew his sword, took a deep breath, and literally flew into the water. He splashed out three metres from the shore. It was not the water itself she was worried about for she knew Wilhelm could hold his breath for a long time. No it was the presence of the massive beast in the river that terrified her. Yet she did as she was commanded and drew up the three swords she held in the air and plunged them towards the monster's face.

Wilhelm had enjoyed swimming in his days of life and he had built up quite a bit of stamina in the water. Swimming was only made easier by the fact that he could fly through the water the same way that he could fly through the air. There was more resistance in the water of course but that would not stop his magic from working. Wilhelm's anger was about to boil over for he knew this beast and he hated everything it was and represented. He hated Provollshia, he hated Prosia, and he hated the Schlakin. He hated everything about this city and he was going to tear it apart at the foundations if he had to. There was no room for this kind of vile place in this world, there was no place for Prosia or his philosophies in this world. But Wilhelm knew he could not be reckless, he needed to work with his own mortality not against it. He needed to work against Prosia and his organization not go on a rampage against it. And so for now Wilhelm would have to settle for getting this girl out of here and escaping the foul beast he knew as the commander of the Schlakin.

Wilhelm knew approximately where Cadie was but it was the arm holding her down he was more interested in. He had seen Cadie go down and knew which arm it was. The fury of the Commander's marks of power were visible to him even in the darkness of the water and the increasing heat spoke further to his location. As he quickly approached the heat in the water became smothering but not intolerable, getting closer would likely result in being burned but there was no turning back now. He was ready, it was now or never, and Wilhelm was going to make sure it was now. He brought up his sword, holding the end of the blade in his hand, his leather glove on his left hand barely preventing his hand from being sliced. He held out the blade before him facing perpendicular to his body. He twisted the sword up and propelled himself as fast as he could under the water. At the same time he felt North use her telekinesis to yank the sword forward. Getting close to the beast's leg Wilhelm let go and the friction in the water slowed him down considerably. He tilted downwards and his momentum carried him towards the silhouette of the girl he had come down here to rescue. As for the sword it continued and barrelled into the beast's leg at close to fifty miles per hour. It would be like the force of a superhuman swinging that sword. Even if the sword didn't chop off the beast's leg surely it would end up doing something worth that effort. Wilhelm grabbed onto Cadie and yanked her away from the Schlakin commander. The water was boiling hot and Wilhelm could feel himself starting to lose this battle. He still had enough strength to get them both to safety if only he would be able to free the girl. He had to, this had to work.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:All hell seemed to break loose for myself. If it was not one thing, it was going to be another. It was as though life just wanted to attack me at all angles, and very much it had as stones came crashing towards me, violently, simultaneously to the assault from the hands below me. I did not dare look behind me, but one thing was for sure, these stones were not just aimed at me. They too made their trajectory to the dog like man. He did not take it kindly by the sounds of stone being crushed and a violent growl that somehow was able to resonate even beyond the crashing sounds, violence, and my grunting from being stricken with various stones and clawing my way in hopes to grip onto some sort of solid surface.

When the tumbling subsided, I didn’t even think about it, but simply acted as I climbed through the now created opening. Crawling to the stairway from the outside, only as I brutally stood onto my feet had I realized what had gone around me. Off the side, I watched as the man who was attacking me had become distracted by something, but I did not dare dwell on it. It was not long before I found myself wandering up the stairs, slowly, conserving the little strength I had in myself still. One thing was on my mind as I felt the heat of the stone fragment in my makeshift pocket grow hotter.

“Will I have the strength to get myself out of here after its over?”
Junior Admin

North & Wilhelm - A Twofold Path Meets The Escape? Cadie & Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):
Hope was a wall built in the face of doom. The wall that was built sits between a raging river. None are safe in this torrent of grime and blood. Varin knew this best for he and Deu spoke often. A child of belief in the unbelievable, at one point...Varin stated that he would one day be a Master of Whispers; a difficult practice as its foundations were so new and untouched. However, Deu consistently shook the foundation of belief. It was easier to rely on what was over what could be. Even now, Varin and Deu showed a notable difference in their approach.

In the water, Varin held fast to the bank. He had already made three attempted dives in the span it took for Wilhelm to plunge into the water himself. At this moment, Varin held to the side of the bank, collecting a deep breath as he made another attempt. Deu stood at the side of the river. A young girl with violet eyes clung to the bank a few meters downstream. It was this girl that Deu saved from the waters. When asked for a name, she spoke nothing. A flurry of sobs escaped her. At this moment she must have been in some form of shock. Deu abandoned this girl for the time being. It was more than likely that Varin was going to do something stupid.

Instead, the act of aggression came from North and Wilhelm. What was seen were three blades shooting forward with piercing intent to the massive beast's face. What occurred was not exactly what was expected. The sound of metal did ring out with striking clarity in such a dark setting. The rain diluted only final act as it carried away such clamor into the mud and waters of this dark storm. The first sword struck the side of the beast's face, bounding off to the right, the second struck the beast dead-center which created the loudest ring, however, what followed was the sound a sword makes when it strikes stone. It buried deep into the molten skin of the creature before the brittleness of the act caused the blade to snap. Such furious heat was enough to turn the blade red in a moment. That final blade that cast through the air struck by chance at the crook of this creature's eye. A painful and inhuman sound escaped the creature in the form of a roar. The beast's head plunged into the water for a moment, the sword would sway in the current as the massive arm of this monster knocked the blade into the river's current.

The wounds created were minimal, and almost impossible to tell if they were substantial as the molten embers escaped the dark cracked skin. Similar to molten stone, the beast wore this as skin.

It was in the water that Wilhelm had made his plan of action. The current was strong and his magic was notably useful in such a scenario. The dark liquid Wilhelm sifted through would be nearly impossible to see through, but following the heat of the beast's body and the faint illumination of molten markings would aid greatly in finding the creature. The bulk of its body was what shown brightest, the legs and arms were much darker against these chilling waters. Still, following the heat to the bottom was an easy task. The difficulty was found in using a sword well with such a current battling Wilhelm's wishes. Even with the current in Wilhelm' favor, the water rushed with such inconsistency that the blade would waver both up and down. Such a blade being swung at such a speed was indeed impressive...but not inhuman. In this current, it was a miracle, but blades have been swung faster and with more weight on land. The metal struck something that had to be connected to the beast. Miraculously it was not Cadie. But all that came from it was a bright spark which penetrated the dark liquid. Shown and gone with a flash.

Wilhelm seemed to take this conclusion as the time to free Cadie from the water which surrounded her. It flowed with the will to drown a frantic girl. However, it was Wilhelm who grabbed hold of Cadie and tugged her from the beast which created such a wound, for the claw holds many sharp tips that easily glide through skin. Three grooves cut deep into Cadie's back...but she was free from his hold. At this point, whatever breath she might have had would be lost to pain and the force of the beast's paw pinning her down. Wilhelm knew the way, he would finally get her out of this dark hell. The surface could not be that far now...

That was where two massive embers shown brightly. The unmistakable eyes of this large beast shown in the dark water, like candles in a moonless night. The beast's head was in the water, right in front of them. Rows of what seemed like a hundred teeth stood still in the flowing current. Behind those teeth shown a bright orange glow that seemed to be a pulsing heat from the fires within. What was uncomfortable a moment ago was now unbearable in terms of the heat radiating from this creature. It would feel like an eternity staring at these orbs of pure hate. However, the length it took for the creature to respond was so much quicker.

What occurred was a sudden snapping motion as the beast's mouth open and closed shut. A burst of heat blinded the water with boiling steam and bubbles. The only mercy of this scenario now was that it was still difficult to see clearly in these murky depths. But after a flurry of snapping and deep gnashing of molten fangs, the creature snapped onto Wilhelm's leg. It was without a doubt he was looking to flee, however, the beast held the advantage in this raging torrent.

Paws like mallets flew through the water in crushing motions. Forcing Wilhelm to choose whether Cadie die by drowning or by the weight of a monster.

At this point, Varin was shouting at the top of his lungs that resounded in Muffled nonsense. He could not make his way close enough to the beast to be of any use. North would hear him shouting Cadie's name. His hands fumbled through a sack he held tightly to as he was anchored to the shore.

Tuli, on the other hand, was YELLING at him to get out of the Water. She swore absurdities in another language that sounded something like the Tela'mar. It was more than likely obscene.

Everything about this rescue went from hope to despair in an instance.

The beast's face, unseen to those on the surface, snapped its jaw shut.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):
Some people come off as ungrateful for the acts that are made with the best intentions. And yet, it was sometimes the best intentions that resulted in ungrateful acts. My world had become dark over these past two months and in the span of a night...I saw my world shatter into unrecognizable pieces. Remus was dead...Caulm was dead...my town was dead...I was dead.

It took a moment before Ell had directed me into the sewer to walk into this dark setting. I could feel the chill of the air and the stench of the dead. This was a tomb. I wondered if Remus was down here. My feet moved slowly as my mind continued to wander. What was my purpose anymore? I had nothing. Not even my name carried with it any weight. I held no wealth, no claim to land, no people who loved me. Even Ell was cold as a corpse.

I moved my feet still...marching onward...towards anything but here. Did this journey start with a dream or a nightmare...I could not remember.

Part of me wished that the sound above would be silenced by the thickness of these walls...but it carried into these cold chambers. The sloshing of water and everything else ran down these tunnels. It was sad really. These tunnels were always here...we could leave at any point...but hope forced people to stay...not disparity. And now, they were all dead.

I continued walking. Thinking silently to myself. The lantern casting my shadow forward into the unseen. The water was much higher than normal. It ran over the walking ledge and seemed to get deeper by the second.

Perhaps it was not that people did not try to use these tunnels to escape...instead...it was people who used these tunnels did not make it out alive.

Upon this night, it could be said that solace was found in the misfortunes of others. The city burned red with fire. The tower standing impossibly also burned with this fire. What task there was to be completed was mere steps from being completed as the stone burned without light. It still held the heat of a hot ember. Everything about it was unbearable.

In these final moments of the task at hand, the corpse was silent. There was no comfort in this act. Even as Remus made his way to the final staircase to a smoldering and splintered door, the spirits were quiet. Up towards the final steps, the air was sharpest here. It felt as though if Remus were to move through it...he would be cut. Did he still possess the strength to continue on his own? Would giving up here be forgivable?

Every step of Remus' journey had taken its toll on his body and his sanity. Could he ever fully recover after this? Were there any pieces of himself that could not be reclaimed?

This was the final step...would death finally take hold of him now...after he worked so hard to complete the request of the dead.

A bright red light loomed outside the door.

This tower crawled with many dead, most of which did not stay as such.

A man Remus had never met, stood upon a pedestal in the glow of his royal tyranny. No one to oppose him, and no one to stop him now. At this point...whatever hell had been unleashed would be impossible to reverse. Remus had never seen the likes of such dark magic never once in his life...and this evil was far greater than the stories of the Dark Mother.

Boy? Do you come to make an offering to your God?

The words of Prosia rang out with an inhuman depth to them. They sounded full...but hollow. The wind and the storm resonated through him. The rain flew sideways in a flurry around Prosia. The man-made-god did not face Remus, his stature was taller than any Remus had met...and his body was built greater than any man. The constant tinge of lightning shattered the air. This was what death felt like.

Prosia felt no threat in the boy...in fact...he felt nothing anymore.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:From the shadows Ioria heard the sweet whispers of the grave, faint but loud enough. She took no notice, know that anything that tempts usually holds a grisly end to those who go seeking what lays beneath. She, drenched from the rain, began walking towards where the arcane gate but as she further traveled the road towards the location of the gate. She began to wonder if maybe, just maybe something in the graveyard holds something she "needs". Shaking the thought from her head and the curiosity that was binding her "sanity". She hummed as she strolled down the road while the shots of lightning began to traverse into the sky.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:To me, life felt as though it has long since passed. I was convinced that I died far earlier in the night, and that my spirit lingered to haunted this forsaken city to complete the task set out by a corpse. A corpse I only assumed to have been wronged by the evils that I have come across in the entirety of the night. Day must have been on the cusp, but it would never be seen in the storm that this god like man had created. The one that I found myself standing before and being spoken to. I did not right away notice, nor did I notice the searing pain from the stone fragment that was clenched into my hand. Surely, this body I possessed was tough, somehow, but if it weren’t for the torture I had miraculously overcame, I might have actually felt the almost unbearable pain it had created.

I felt my body almost compelled to approach forward, pressing forth beyond the splintered door and yet still approaching the man who thought of me as nothing. Compared to him, I was exactly what he probably assumed me to be, un-threatening. But what he had asked, for an offering to a god. I somehow pieced together, was it that the corpses silence meant to be? That it would be replaced with his? There was only one thing I had to offer. Surely, this offering he asked must’ve meant he wanted the shard.

I still approached, thoughtless to the god, outstretching my hand with a closed fist, holding the shard. I was meant to give this to him. I remembered in every previous fragment, they found themselves to the homes they belonged. I somehow knew I was meant to do this one manually. When I drew close enough to reach, I opened my hand and gripped the smoldering fragment between my fingers as I carefully placed the sharpest end towards the self-proclaimed god, intending for it to be inserted into his back. My hands were blackened from the burns that had been formed. My eyes were dulled as though a part of my soul was permanently taken away from me, my body wavered with exhaustion and pain with every move I made. The storm was nearly nonexistent to me in my entire motions. It was the least of my worries, almost as though this moment were bliss.
Junior Admin

SealedSecretsofSociety wrote:Once again we are forced to consider our place in this world. Where did we come from? Where are we going? Where do we belong? Who are we? Ultimately though why do we ask ourselves such questions? Why does it matter to use what we are? Is it because without asking those questions we are void, all we live is an invalid existence? Or perhaps it is because we cannot understand the universe without first understanding ourselves. When you die will you ask yourself these questions, or will you already know the answer to them?

Wilhelm's attempts to save Cadie had done nothing. In fact he had done less than nothing, he had simply ended the life of this little girl and he himself was now trapped in the literal embodiment of Death's jaws. Wilhelm was terrified now that he was in mortal danger, and of this fact he had become very painfully aware. He also knew that Cadie was in even more danger as now that she was free she had also lost her breath and was bleeding profusely. He needed to get away from the monster holding him down and fast. He needed to get Cadie to safety. He got his wish, but make no mistake this was by no means a blessing for Wilhelm, in fact it was very much the opposite. The monster bit down fully on his leg.

To say the pain was excruciating was an understatement, in fact to say that was an understatement is in itself one. A liquid as equally viscous and dark as the water of the river pumped out from what once was Wilhelm's lower leg. His consciousness floated from his mind for a brief moment and he barely registered what was happening as his body flung itself out of the river, for some odd reason still clutching Cadie to it. Wilhelm felt himself falling, his mind and body at the same time. The arch carried his body several metres from the shore and it landed hard on the ground. His mind eventually caught up and he fell into his body now seeing through his own eyes yet not grasping the images he beheld. Off in the distance he heard something loud and piercing, a scream. What was a scream again? His vision turned black at the edges and the void began to envelop his body and senses. The already dim sound of approaching feet died out entirely and he no longer felt the ground beneath him, he was floating yet again. His vision began to collapse inward along with his thoughts. As his vision closed off he observed one last thing, a round obscured object...a face. For the briefest moment his vision stayed and his mind pointed true north, it surged with its last effort to produce one last thought, desperately hoping she would hear it.

North! Be safe.

North knelt beside Wilhelm's corpse. She would shout his name but receive no answer, she would feel his neck to check for a pulse yet receive no response, she would wish for him to still somehow be alive but receive no hope. She would seek a way out of her panic yet there was to be no light in her darkness. Of all the pain she felt in the land it was only a sting, the sting of death. But this, this was the very bullet of death, when you were killed before you actually physically died. Her psyche was being shredded and her breath would barely reach her lungs the panic was so severe. She could not figure out what to do beyond the chaos of her mind at first seemed nothing, it was far too overwhelming, the weight of the world was crashing down onto her, the weight of Wilhelm's death and the death that permeated the very air clawed at her sanity and attempted to wipe it clean away.

And yet when one finds that they cannot act, they cannot perceive, they cannot feel, they cannot think, there is always that one part of the mind that remains sane, the one little spot that transcends pain, that little mental compass that can still give you direction in the most severe of cases, that place that is able to answer at least one of those four questions. Thus it is to there that North retreated, the place where the mind's nightmares could not enter so that she could deal with the living nightmares outside of her mind. Though still in a panic she was not incapable of acting and so she did. She weakly grabbed Cadie whom she did not know was alive or dead at this point and hauled her away. They had to leave here all of them, they had to escape this monster even if it chased after them.

This little girl needed to wake up and so North pushed down on her chest repeatedly with the heel of her hands. She needed Cadie to wake up now, that monster would not stay still for any length of time. North kept her ears open she would know by the reactions of Tuli, Varin and Deu if the beast was coming after her. She breathed into Cadie's mouth and continued trying to restart her heart.

"Please wake up."

Some humans cannot answer any of those four questions. Most may answer some but never all, it is only those few that can and do that are what people called gods among men. Does that mean that the wicked Prosia has answered all these questions? Quite possibly, for it seems that he knows who he is, where he belongs and where he is going. And he has mastered magic so it seems, after all he has become a god. Yet there is one thing that is less obvious. Does Prosia realize where he came from? Additionally there is still that nagging question: why these questions? What is so important about them? Do you really have to know yourself to understand your reality? Let us thing of it this way: the ultimate answer to these questions is an understanding of oneself and thus a revelation of one's own morality as that is the foundation of who a person is. That is why Remus is on the journey that he is, that is why it is the Trial of Morality, because it answers those four questions. The question then becomes has Prosia truly answered all four questions, and if so can another person with those same answers face him? Does it really matter in the end, for are these questions truly relevant? Look at the facts and you will know the truth. So what will your answer be?
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm
WitheredRose wrote:It really wasn't supposed to end like this. Would she have still been targeted had she just gone to her safe place and slept for the night? Things grew darker within her mind, nothing but lost regrets and sadness filling her subconscious. She almost had released the last of her breath, though the feel of a hand upon her tiny wrist brought her consciousness back to reality and jolted her awake. However, the pain that followed caused that last breath to exit between gritted teeth, allowing the bubbles to raise to the surface and away from her lungs. She felt her flesh tear, the most excruciating pain she had ever felt pierced through the veil and slammed into her like a elephant squashing a bug. And without the air, she inhaled the murky polluted current. She felt the burn as the water slithered into her lungs, causing a cough, and a struggle to hold herself from inhaling again, though the liquid within her lungs had caused her to sink away...

How come it wasn't Varin that saved her? Who was this strange man who hovered above his own body? And how was she seeing her own limp form being lifted by some strange woman who then began pumping her chest. Though, despite this confusion, Cadie felt warm and calm. No more pain, no more anything. As if now, she was sitting within the sunlight, watching a terrible film of sadness and pain. Her gaze drifted back toward the water, though before she could see anything, she felt the pull. No. I don't want to go back... its warm here... The burning within her back began resurfacing, she felt the water bubbling back up her throat, and out of her mouth. It was still cold, odd.. and once again, she was coughing, and struggling for breath.

Cadie's small body heaved as she hacked up the water, blackened just as it was within the river. Her blonde tresses dripped at the ends, blood now discoloring the locks in crimson. She couldn't even think as a scream left her paled lips, all the pain slamming into her yet again. Sobs and screams continued to resonate, and against her better judgement, she could not stop them--at least, not until her head lulled back once again, and darkness encompassed her frail mind, tearing her away from the cruel reality once again. Likely passed out from the pain, though small ragged breaths caused her tiny chest to rise and fall, signifying that she clung to life, if only just a little.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Tuli sat upon the water's edge. Her violet eyes were drenched with tears. What breath she took was coarse and worn with sobs and numerous screams. No longer was she able to look up at what had transpired. She could hear it still, the deep growls of the monster that waded through raging currents. This creature was one of hate and death. She could feel the chill of those that died and grew closer to death. A knot formed in Tuli's stomach as she questioned what would have happened if she remained safely kept in Begriss' care this night. Would anyone have died? She could not tell, but the question lingered.

So badly did Tuli wish to see her Begriss. But this night shrouded all nights in the dark recesses that it encompassed. There was no hope of escaping this vile place.

Varin was coughing, his throat burned from whatever this liquid was that sloshed past the snag that he gripped too. It had taken far too long to save...find...see Caddie. His heart felt heavy as he struggled to grab a hard object from the bag that remained at his side. He could feel heat upon his back, there was something of a low rolling thunder that brushed past his ear. With a final tug, his bag turned inside out. Stones of all shapes and sizes spilled into the murky current. Varin was able to grab one. He pulled the stone out of the flow and raised it high in the air. A glistening white and blue was dull in the dark, but as it radiated a flowing white, Varin shouted...

BREATHE GALE!

At an instant, the stone billowed a notable rush of air that circulated with visible radiance. A circular pattern spun over a twenty-foot sphere. Varin fell to the floor of the river's depth. The water raged past as it found alternate paths to the opposite side. The stone continued to glow as the water was kept from falling through this bubble that seemed to emit from the stone. Varin was not as visible as he used to be, but to those who saw him could tell he was holding his breath.

Although the air kept the water at bay, the massive form of the molten monster was not moved in the slightest. The monster made its way into the circle with ease. The marking of this creature was far more apparent now that the water no longer touched him. There was something of a green bile spewing out of crevices in the molten skin. The beast was heaving deep breaths that may have held some form of pain within them. Still, it was not enough to stop the creature. The green liquid slid over the floor and then pushed past the monster's feet as the breath of Varin willed it.

It was not the monster that was what Varin's eyes sought, he simply wished to find Caddie. Unaware of her current location...he assumed she was still within this torrent. Instead, he was met with the grime of this river's floor. Nothing more.

Deu was upon the upper portion of the river, shouting down in both common tongue and her foreign dialect. The words could not be heard as the spiraling ball twisted around Varin. He could not hear anything. It was only in the beast's motions that Varins eyes saw what it was that he leaped passed in the river in search of Caddie. The monster bared its molten fangs towards Varin. The monster was primed for the kill. Another victim to be claimed upon this hellish scape.

Deu spoke loudly as her teeth grit closed and the sharp breath she made was that of a single word...

SHIT...

The crazed girl sprung right off the side of the river and into the spiraling ball of air. As soon as she entered the gale, she could feel the beast letting off its terrible heat. The act that followed was one of stupidity and blind devotion. For as the beast sprung forward Deu leaped onto the massive arm of this creature. Both her hands gripped onto the creature's molten flesh, sending a searing pain through Deu who finally let out a scream, her voice was defended by the vortex, but the pain was apparent on her face. Just before the mouth of the beast was able to snap upon any piece of Varin, a sudden explosion erupted from the arm of the beast, shooting both Deu and the monster in opposite directions. Deu flung a good ten feet up and out of the river, falling with a heavy thud onto her back. She lay still, her eyes closed shut.

The beast fell to the river floor. Varin was in shock. The force of the explosion knocked the wind right out of him. The bubble expelled from his lips and he was met with the raging current once more. The water masked what had transpired in an instant. A moment later, Varin was crawling at the water's edge about fifty feet down the flow. With a slow and painful breath, he held himself at the side of the mud. He looked up at the body that was Deu. Scrambling to make his way out, he pulled and tugged at the earth, crawling his way towards the broken form as he began shouting...

DEU!?

Tuli slowly stood up.

The stone pulsed a deep heat from Remus' hand to the Almighty Prosia. It singed against the flesh of both, but Prosia did not seem to feel anything beyond a nuisance. His head slowly turned to the boy that prodded him. A dark and wicked face met Remus as the massive hand of Prosia back-handed the boy's chest. Similar to a moving wall, Remus was flung sideways, off the edge of the tower and into the open air. The stone did not penetrate skin...it did nothing. It fell to the floor...rolled for a moment...and then fell some more into the center of the building. It fell into the fire and disappeared in flame.

A deep seeded laughter echoed from the top of the building and carried with Remus as he fell.

Another echo also followed Remus...something of a tapping. Like that of stone meeting stone. It continued to tap as Remus fell. The falling sound of a small stone carried with it eternity. The rushing air brought relief. And suddenly...the taping stone faded.

The air was empty, just a subtle laugh remained in the back of Remus' mind. The ground could not be too far now.

That was when it happened. A massive surge rose beneath Remus. An explosion. The base of the tower ruptured with a deep and thunderous groan. Fire faded into a thick cloud of black smoke. The chains of lightning that crossed the sky suddenly buckled and shook to and fro as if they were massive strands of cables. With similar effect to cabled, each strand of lightning snapped and cracked through the air. Those stones and pillars some distance out exploded with violent fury. Each point scattering into nothing as the cables of lightning shimmered into darkness. The sky no longer fell. Red rays of lightning were no longer present.

The night grew colder...but the darkness faded slightly.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

A thunderous voice exploded into the air. Prosia's words were easy to recognize. A disenchanted and desolate scape presented itself to the lesser night. Whatever ritual had been going on had ended with whatever act had followed.

The unseen actions of Remus were as such. For the lightning not only returned to the sky, but the burnt church of the corpse split in two. With it was the alter and blade. What acts had kept those grounds in tact were now severed with the completion of Remus' ritual. The corpse remained still for only a moment as it drew its first breath in the many years it remained there.

A whisper left its mouth.

My dearest boy, you have carried out my will perfectly. As promised...

Master Ioria - The Curse of the Telvani (Continued):
It was in the night that Ioria wandered that those red tendrils of explosive light suddenly broke in the sky. Like strands of hair that shimmered and fell through a harsh breeze, the red lightning ruptured from the tower and fell into nothing. The sky which once was falling had stopped suddenly. Those loud echoes and explosions fell away with the final rupture that occurred. The night remained but the sky was not as dark as before. The rain was slowing to a mist. The storm seemed to lose its fury.
View user profile

on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm
"I wonder what goes on at the source Mr. Snuggles." Ioria whispered. Clear curiosity sweeping through her mind. "I wonder what secrets are kept by the one who rules." The doll shifted its gaze upon its masters face, a wide grin forming upon is mouth. "Who knows dear....." Ioria's spine tingled. A feeling of excitement washing over her body. "What secrets are hiding in that graveyard Mr. Snuggles......?" Wide eyes formed upon the doll. "Some secrets are best left alone dear....or maybe you want to know where we come from?" Ioria saw that this subject was to be left alone. If there was one lesson she was taught by her friend, it was that some power is left buried. Still she couldn't help but wonder what was in that graveyard, what she wasn't supposed to know.
Junior Admin

on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 pm
Greetings everyone, welcome to all new and old. I am posting this as a summary of the final moments found in Arc II - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant. This shall be one of the final posts as the characters who made up a majority of this story have disappeared or are not able to continue based on life and other issues. As such, this post will represent my harsh standards for inactivity while keeping to the scenario of this Arc. As mentioned, Blood Well is a harsh environment, but very rewarding to those who wish to experience this style of RP. I want to give my sincerest thanks to those who participated in this Arc and I do hope I see some of you in the future stories of Blood Well. Enjoy.

Caulm & Raven's Plot - Do God's Die? (Final):
A faint light guided each step I took as the flames that bit my skin circled hungrily towards my arms and legs. They remained just out of reach, as though fearful of being punished for bringing harm to who I was. I traveled quite a few feet from the tower, and at this point, the eruption of its base had begun devouring the city in a cloud of dirt, ash, and fire. The closest buildings would disappear in the chaos and flames, adding a devastating explosion as they buckled and fell into the next structure.

Dead...I was not dead.

My fingers gripped tightly to a white stone that flickered with light as the dark clouds overhead seemed to be tearing away from the thick barrier they created. Whether the sun remained above those dark walls of storm was difficult to tell. No one had seen the light of day in months.

My eyes rose up towards the tower which was cascading down to the ground in an almost surreal fashion. The sound of thunderous cracks and explosions filled the air, but the building itself fell much slower than prior. Prosia still had power in him. Too much for one man to keep. I began sprinting past the disenchanted people. There were creatures, much larger than rats that leaped over the ground with a feral nature to them. They were similar to dogs but hunched over on feet with hands. They snapped jaws at the passerbys, but kept their distance as I held the white stone, illuminating a path through the mud. I could feel the counterpart of this stone nearby. The dark oval I gave to my companion earlier this night had kept it with them. I could feel on her person.

Just a moment longer, Raven.

I turned the corner into a dimly lit alleyway, what greeted me first was the stench of death and iron. My eyes took in a scene of chewed up flesh and organs, blood sprayed the floor generously, I could not tell whos blood that was, only that there were hundreds of these small Lyths everywhere. Their yellow, crescent eyes meet mine with disdain. However, a simple flick of the wrist and my stone illuminated an enveloping blue. Those creatures were met with a burning and overpowering glow that devastated every shadow in the dark space between them. It was a moment later that the creatures scampered and crawled off with a high pitched shreik that was full of pain and rage. I could see now the body of my former companion ravaged to something unrecognizable. Almost all her features were gone as those monsters had eaten them. Two things I remember had remained...a single eye that stared at me from her skull with something of a fear and something of a hope behind its glaze, the other feature was a notable tattoo upon her wrist.

I wish I could say that I felt something in this moment, however, I did not.

...what a pity.

My actions were only halted for a moment by this scene as I moved to the remains and picked from her corpse the bow and arrow she had. My hand reached through the blood and mangled flesh until I finally found the dark stone that Raven had been. I took it and stared at the colorless shade of dark that it possessed. It felt cold, even with so much warm blood. I wiped the red stain onto my white clothes and stepped out into the streets once more. The cloud of ash and fire had grown. But I stood my ground.

They say that Naming Stones are one of the most difficult items of magic to break, for they have such a condensed center of the essence they contain. However, when formed in pairs, it is understood that they will rupture as simple as glass, for they are like the hearts of lovers, easily broken.

I lifted the dark stone and slammed it into the light opposite. The surface cracked almost instantly as a contrasting glow began to pulse from the cracks. That glow started to emit a terrible sound that was low...but growing higher in pitch and more terrible as it remained exposed to the air. Another lesson about Naming Stones, the essence within is extremely volatile when exposed to the world.

My hands acted without thought, they stuck both stoned onto the tip of identical arrows as I strung the bow into my hand. I much would have preferred a marksman to make this shot...but beggars cannot be choosers. The string tensed in my hands as silver eyes stared intensely at the man who named himself god. He was an ant on a tower from where I stood...and even as the arrows left the bow, he was nothing more than an insect in my eyes.

The terrible sound of the stones screamed through the air as they flew up, high into the air, over all other buildings, with speed and focus, they glided towards their mark. It was only as Prosia was able to lift his head, those eyes of his that believed he was untouchable now finally saw two broken signs of death. The explosion that followed was one never seen before. A blinding blue and absence erupted at the very top of the tower. Stones flew in every direction as the entirety of the platform was obliterated in the spectacle. Prosia was nearest the explosion, however, it was uncertain whether or not such power would bring him down.

I began sprinting towards the fire and flames as something falling caught my eye. The bow clattered to the ground and my feet carried me as light as air and as swift as the storm.

North & Wilhelm - A Twofold Path Meets The Escape? Cadie & Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Final):
For a single moment, the land was still. A sort of haze fell over the murky ground and breathed a sigh. Cadie was breathing, and so was Deu. Varin was looking down at Deu for what felt like an eternity, the raging current behind him was much quieter now. Varin could not understand why Deu was so foolish sometimes. Even in the face of certain death, he always found his way out. If Deu was able to respond, she would probably say something like...yeah, because I get you out.

Varin picked her up, slowly. He looked over to North who lost her counterpart. Varin never learned much about him, and he did not know if he ever would.

The sky was beginning to rumble, but the lightning had stopped. There were no more red bolts of lightning, which meant Prosia's power must have been subsided. Or something more sinister had occurred. At this point, it was speculation.

The mud was thick and heavy and Deu was not the little girl she once was. He could smell the burns on her hands, it was somewhat sickening, but there had been far worse experiences in Provollshia, in terms of medical issues at the Arcane School. There was still about forty feet between Varin and Cadie as he walked. A low growl seemed to fill the air with another scent of burning sewage filled the air. It came from behind him and the scent was not a new one. He experienced it a moment ago.

The sound of galloping of heavy fists met the floor as the molten creature from prior was running forward awkwardly. The entirety of its right arm was gone, bleeding a molten red and green bile that seared the mud and whatever shrubs could grow. Varin's eyes were wide as the beast charged forward. There was this impossibility about it that forced him to clench Deu tight and leap straight into the mud. The beast would have caught Varin and Deu if the charge was not so awkward. The blood loss and the unbalanced proportion of the monster carried his molten body sideways and crashing to the floor. It rolled violently with such onto and over both North, Cadie and Wilhelm's corpse. The form was surprising at best, and the act was heartstopping. Varin gazed as the monster thrashed about over the girl he tried so desperately to save and the other who was able to do so. Everything was flipped on its back...the happy end to a story...the girl he was supposed to save...the beast that was supposed to be slain. Nothing was right.

Varin lay there in the mud as his eyes began to glaze over, the world became a blur as his chest filled with a violent groan.

CADIE!?

His groan became a scream as he lay on the floor with tears filling his eyes. Deu was unresponsive. The beast...however...heard Varin clearly. The Monster's head picked up and stared down the boy with a piercing intent. The boy was going to die...and the story would be over for him. The beast began its second charge. This time Varin did not move, he could not bring himself to. What was left?

20 feet separated them...10 feet...5 feet...

That was when the soft footsteps of a little girl filled the air. The quiet one whom Varin knew nothing about was no longer by the river, she was here...standing between him and the beast. Her violet eyes held something menacing to them...but before he could make sense of anything, she was SCREAMING...

STOP HURTING PEOPLE!!!

With the scream came the sound of an ax splitting wood, not in the sense of a single log or a tree, but the sound of metal cutting through many things. It was the Beast that was most notable. As soon as Tuli's words faded, the Beast was split in half down the center from head to groin. Not even the look of surprise came to his face as the creature met the floor with a heavy thud. Varin held such a look of shock that none of this registered, he had seen so many strange things...this was something completely different. Tuli was still standing in front of Varin, and her face was slow to view. Varin had to move in front of her to see the same look of shock that he wore planted on her face. The two of them were quiet for a long time, and there would be nothing said until much longer after that. It was only when Deu came to some time later that Varin would approach the dead bodies of Cadie and North. He possessed a sadness that could not find words, he did not want to touch her, for fear that his fingers might find life and force such pain upon her.

The rain had finally begun stopping, and by this point, the rumbling that was carried across the land was that of the great tower falling onto itself and destroying a whole section of the city. Even then...all Varin could do was watch.

Somewhere beyond the confines of a burnt out church and within a cracked altar, a figment of icy chills and perpetual rigor mortis glided through the air as a living shadow. It was both swift and terrifying in the regard of what it resembled. A cloaked corpse with a static grin. No features were present. It must have been dead for quite some time. No person would recognize the figment...except for Remus and Prosia.

Remus' body fell with such speed. After such unusual explosions met the pinnacle of Provollshia's Tower, the force sent Remus flying towards the ground. The smoke and fire passed by without so much as burning the skin. There was a chill that seemed to remain around him. Something of a corpse that smiled at him without regard of his life. Within all of Remus' endeavor, the promise made towards the completion of his task was to ensure that he would triumph over Prosia. However, there was no bargain made to ensure his life. The corpses grin passed Remus and ascended the building to the very top where Prosia had once stood. All was quiet for a moment, but then a thunderous scream filled the air as red lightning erupted from the top. At first, it was directed towards the edge, but then it erupted everywhere. That was when the entirety of the tower crumbled on itself and fell with far more haste than prior. As though the final bit of magic holding it together had faded. Remus had completed his task...even if he did not know it.

The wind rushed by with haste. The ground was not present, but it was certain to greet him in a moment.

A sudden warmth licked his face, it was a warmth he had not found for the longest night of his life...but it was familiar. The sun had finally peaked out from a dark space in the clouds. They had finally cracked and met the broken city of Provollshia. This warmth would remain all the way to the floor. But it was in the moment that the ground felt near...it was then that the striking force of a body would collide with Remus, slamming into him with such force that it would carry him sideways. The form of another would twist Remus violently as they flew towards the ground and spun in a horrid roll. The force of the impact was met with a few feet of ashes that lined the ground, still, the stone streets did not lessen the severity of the pain they would both be in.

If Remus would be able to see who had collided with him in the air, it would be a figure that was not entirely unfamiliar to him. For a boy of white hair, silver eyes and white clothes had met Remus in Fousture, and here, on the streets of Provollshia, that same boy had knocked them into a pile of ash. Caulm was not moving, but his chest was still rising and falling. It would be a miracle if Remus was able to witness anything that transpired. But he would know he was not dead...yet. The two would lay near the wreckage of a destroyed tower with the ruin of buildings far and wide. Here, it was quiet.

Master Ioria - The Curse of the Telvani (Final):
The Tower of Provollshia buckled and crashed to the floor with a thunderous groan. Any power that was felt prior has suddenly subsided as the sky churned. Similar to the tower an event closest to Ioria was met as the graveyard ruptured forth to the sky a pillar of white light. That pillar was both awe-striking but held a certain feeling of terrible omen. It was something that should remain untouched...but it was not. The clouds high above the city suddenly began to break apart and dissipate as the sun...not seen in months was finally visible once again. In the following moments, the light made present a devastated city. The manor of the Telvani was deep beneath the ruins of Provollshia's Tower, and even more so, the omens present did not favor Ioria to remain in this broken place. If Ioria were to visit the graveyard now, no one would be there. The wreckage of the tower would hold no life, and the city was finally beginning to ooze a deeply seeded blood that remained in the soil for nearly a hundred years.

Ioria might finally see what she was truly witnessing, this was the end of Provollshia. Destroyed in a single night. Even those that survived would not feel life within them, for they were disenchanted by the death of their god.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum