View previous topicGo downView next topic
Junior Admin
View user profilehttps://www.fusionplayrp.com

Re: Blood Well: Origins - Provollshia & the Storm Tyrant (Arc II)

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:I don't recall how long I kept running after Begriss but I could definitely faintly hear him. "This is one confusing building......" I whispered to myself as I hurried down corridor after corridor. It reminds me of more this city; dark and untrusting. It reminds me of when I survived my first attack. I wandered around a bit to find someone that could lead me to wherever I could go to seek the answers I need but to no avail did I find such a person. As the sky grew dark and the streets grew scarce I found that I was once again alone. I wandered the streets hoping to find shelter and found a "friendly" face. He promised me that I would be safe and warm where he would take me and I follow.....like the stupid dim witted fool I was.

He led me down some dark alleys where after what seemed hours he brought me to what I now know as the heart of the slums. He turned to face me and the "friendly" face showed the horrid creature it truly was. He grabbed me and muffled my screams and dragged me into a doorway that led down into the corridor below and dragged me through the door at the very far end of that hallway. There in that room I finally understood what fear and pain really meant and there I was raped, beaten and starved. He chained my up and kept me hidden and even brought others to play with his "pet". That's where Gurahl found me. He was a "visitor" and after months of "sharing" me with the other deprived men he bought me as his personal pet. What he did to me in his home makes my time in that room seem like royal treatment. Even as I sleep I remember and wake up screaming, caressing my scars on my torso and backside happy I was still alive.

"Dammit Begriss......." I exclaimed. 'I need to find him. I need to find Tuli. We need to get out of this city.' With these thoughts in my head I turned down a corridor trying to faintly follow Begriss' voice.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm
Caulm and Raven's Plot - Do Gods Die? (Continued):

Upon my face was very little presence of an emotion to be felt, but within, I was somewhat content with Raven's spirit. With a subtle nod and a forced smile, I watched the marked lady step upon the not so solid underbelly of the city. The ground squished and sputtered some form of bile that most would hope never to smell, let alone see...

With a single motion, I began wandering forward into the terrible liquid, avoiding the large fanged creatures that hid in both waste and corpse alike. It was unknown to me what could survive down at this depth and in such an environment, but I was certain we need not find out. The labyrinth beneath the city was a dark blemish upon the earth, one that left scars for future remembrance.

That was when I whispered to Raven...

What do you think lives in the dark of Provollshia?

Lucien and Begriss' Search for Tuli (Continued):

Although the distance between Begriss and Lucien was not out of ears reach, the corridors did wind and mislead rather easily. The bleakness found in reaching shadows smothered the cold wicks of street lamps extinguished long before the sirens. Not a star or moon guided the thought-stricken boy full of worry and pain. Such helpless creature made for easy prey, especially when the night was the very thing hunting you. Just beyond the darkness were shapes that moved at the corner of Lucien's gaze, but never at the front. Their eyes were transfixed to him and their shapes were human...supposedly...but something was off about them. Sometimes we make our nightmares a reality by thinking upon them for too long...at other times...those nightmares are warnings.

Though moving towards Begriss' voice, it seemed to continue to fade into obscurity. Eventually, Begriss was nothing but a hollow echo at some distance. The alarm was barely audible here, like a hollow gust of brittle wind. The darkness was all...and the shadows were everything...and just to the left of Lucien...a few feet away...a golden-haired figure stood at a minuscule height...and although human...it held no human presence.

Ell's Unexpected Visitor (Continued):

Although ignorance was not a term I applied to many past acquaintances, it seemed as though the injured boy had forgotten who threw who off the horse. Regardless, I did not bring up such quarrel for our encounter, as I valued my life and knew not how many guards still resided in the area. I gazed upon those emerald green eyes that only flickered against the firelight and spoke clearly my mind.

Caulm...
...I need to find Caulm.

No hesitation stood in my way, a flood of wants and wishes all bundled up inside slowly poured out. That icy chill that rose over my spine...alone...completely and utterly alone. I stood at the doorway silently for a moment as I collected my words.

...that boy...he...he sees things.
...Things that haven't happened as of yet...but...

The chills returned again as I slowly looked down to the floor.

...I can't tell if his power is real or just what I want to believe...
...but...I can't go on alone...

There I stood...silently as a single raindrop fell to the earth...signifying that those looming clouds overhead were here to stay.

Remus and the Trial of Morality (Continued):

A corpse hides its grin upon the face. Forever stationary, and forever present. Such can be said to all those who stare upon the living.

Although given potent strength, the abomination was nothing more than a feral creature action upon instinct. Territorial in the way it fought, the blade continued on to slide over the remaining corpses as the stomach was severed by the violent swipe of Remus' feral self. However, what protruded the stomach was not blood or flesh, but a pungent and choking bile that sprayed out in excess. The tar-like liquid fell in waterfalls over the floor, bringing with it a stench that made even the corpses roll in their graves.

The beast let out a deafening ROAR while the bodies of what living figures upon the floor squirmed about and crawled their way to Remus. Their bloodied and muddied hands reached for his legs as gnashing teeth chewed towards his flesh. What may have once...or never had been human possessed no humanity now. They were as feral as the beasts that fought now.

A single stone in the possession of Remus now began to glow a brilliant yellow, as though the task at hand was in his grasp.

The single eye of the monstrous abomination starred with both hate and anger as the blade steadily raised up over his head. The bile, still flowing as it fell over the floor and squirming creatures that demanded Remus' flesh.

That subtle presence from the broken Church continued to linger as a corpses grin remained forever.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:25 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven thought about the question for a moment as she walked carefully." I don't know, there could be many things. Rats, snakes, monsters, possibly even creatures no ones very heard of, much less seen." She whispered back, looking around wearily. Something felt a little off to her, though she couldn't place her finger on what it was.
Junior Admin

dancerinthedusk wrote:I stared for quite some time at the figure before me. A golden haired figure that seemed to be human but my magic said was not. I couldn't fathom what it could be or whether she or he was female or male. All I knew was that I needed to find Begriss and Tuli and get out of here. I felt my magic start to stir and I felt nervous and fear. I knew not if it was friend or foe but I knew I had to do something.

"Hello there......." I spoke softly to the figure. "Where am I and who are you?" I simply asked and kept my eyes on the figure waiting for an answer or a reaction. Trying to "prepare" for any surprise that might hit me. "Are you friend or foe?"
Junior Admin

Necrotic Insomniac wrote:Even in slumber the horrific things he saw was gripping his sanity harshly. Fragile it was and with sights of the anguish of those he had left behind because he couldn't help them brought him tears through the veil of sleep and in this nightmare. Horrified by the warped guards he ran, not just from them but the people running from them too. The turmoil of the guards was bad enough but those weak and innocent people had turned to hunt him too because he did nothing to save them, in the rabbit form he ran with all his might but it was still not enough. Caught and bound to the ground things began to grow darker and subside from the world he was in and even when a cleaver in hand came down he felt nothing for he saw nothing anymore.

The insanity seemed to horrid to believe and when it all began to go dark he thought sanity had regained. That was until a voice called to his mind. Oh woe was he for thinking his mind was at ease. Though the more the voice spoke the more warmth he felt in his mind. It felt great to say the least, something about it made him feel easy. The question if he wanted to save everyone came to him and it brought up the thoughts from before. The dreadful things he had seen this night and over the course of time. It was a cruel world one he would need strength to be able to even protect himself let alone the many innocent he saw in the world.
"I want to save them, they need someone to protect them from such vile beings. I want the power to do that."

No knowledge of whom he spoke to in his horrific nightmare which he was in till now but he was certainly thankful the nightmare was not prolonging itself. The vile beings had robbed him of his sanity with what they had done to others, the innocent and weak. Oh how he wished to cause them woe like he has felt for those whom had been so wronged and the pain he felt for them was something beyond sympathy.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm
WitheredRose wrote:Cadie felt her lungs burning, her heart racing, and fear filling her. As Tuli screamed her name, Cadie turned to look at the beast that was coming for them. Her own feet were quite sore from the running on pavement, but no way was she going to stop now. She ran as fast as she could, though her body wanted rest, her fight or flight had ignited ten fold, and she was in flight mode. She didn't speak, nor did she pay attention to what was happening in front of them anymore as she turned down an alley and ran...

Tonight had turned into the worst night she had had in a long time. Though she had never seen anything as intimidating or frightening as the monster that came after them now. She wasn't completely sure, but this thing seemed to be following her, which made her stomach sink and the fear to fester and grow within her psyche. "Run faster Tuli!" Whatever it was, could run much faster than them, and Cadence had a feeling that if it was in fact chasing her, it would be able to smell and track her easily enough.
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:I could feel my teeth clench as I suffered the grotesque scent that was now added into the air. It was almost a nauseating smell that seemed to mix in the air now. I could not even begin to fathom how such a scent could ever come into existence. But the smell was the last thing my body had any concern over. It was with a flicker of light of one of the shards of stone had my body acted to look down, only to comprehend the searing pain that was these human looking creatures gnawing at my ankles. And although my skin felt resistant to their feverish chewing, the small pokes of their teeth were still finding their way to breaking skin. My muscles tensed as pain embodied my very fibers. My body responded and acted. The biggest threat was winding up with its crippling strength.

Violent kicks towards the parasites at my feet, I was fighting a battle on many fronts. I pushed away the creatures as best I could as I tried my best to move through the thick sloshy bile that was the monsters insides spilling out and everywhere. Gripped in my hand, the glowing shard found itself being used as a makeshift prodding tool as I struck with a great might further into the insides of the Butcher. If cutting it open wasn’t going to stop it, then tearing my way through the other side of it surely had to.
Junior Admin

Shadows wilted away the light that clung so dearly to such things as features lingering upon those creatures that stood not all that far from Lucien. Their figures twitched ever-so-often but remained constantly looming upon his light. A subtle chattering of teeth shuddered through the dark. Even as Lucien spoke his words to the single figment amongst the many, no response was made. Those echoes that were Begriss' voice had become snuffed out from existence. A hollow blaring of the distorted sound that was the siren came and went...as did those figments that lingered just off to the left and right of Lucien. It was only after the silence came a hollow tone from the girl.

...voices...
...in your head...
...we want...
...them outside...

A hungering mass of figments surrounded this boy. The girl's eyes raised up to Lucien, revealing an emptiness in their sockets with a carved out number upon her forehead, a bloody mess that wrote out the number '25'. A sinister grin slithered over her face as the chattering of teeth and twisting of bodies contorted from the edges of Lucien's vision, the violent and erratic motions in these creatures came at a full sprint as they ran, dashed, and lunged at Lucien without any regard for personal injury. The hunger in their breathing was deafening.

The Escape? Cadie and Tuli Race to the Arcane Gate (Continued):

Those growls and snarls from behind were minuscule in comparison to the rumbling and deafening roars that came from just beyond the row of homes beside them. The alleyway seemed to become smaller and smaller as Tuli ran with all her might. A stream of tears that were smudged with dirt and grime, picked up as she was tossed about previously. Her body hurt and she could feel some form of cut on her arm and leg, although to what extent they were in was not visible. She only ran, because it was the only thing that could keep here alive.

...I...should not...have left...Begris-

From behind the smaller and more rabid hound was upon Tuli's heel, and with one swift lunge, the hound became airborne. However...it was from the left side of the two that the building shook, ruptured, and EXPLODED into a haze of debris. The massive, molten creature smashed through the building and threw pieces of the building everywhere, brick and mortar smashed the smaller hound within the blast. Tuli was barely even aware of what was going on...there was a subtle glow about her, and as the darkness engulfed them...a flash of light was there...but it was gone as soon as it appeared. A large hole with precise edges severed the building in front of Caddie. Tuli did not stop running and ended up slamming into her back with such force that they ended up not only through the hole...but also smashing through the door on the opposite side. Tuli lay over Caddie with many gashes over her body. Her eyes closed...and her head down. Within the moment, there was an eerie silence...but upon the other side of the building they passed through, the deep growls and sniffs from a massive beast carried beyond even the wall.

Although the path was under no circumstance a luxurious way to travel, there was a subtle peace that remained upon my face as the two wandered through this sewage and other dark liquids. The concoction below them bubbled and moved in the most unpleasant of ways, however, I was unhindered as I went. It was something in the motion of Raven...some hesitation that caused me to turn. The torch lit the small space between them and I gazed upon her silently for a moment, tilting my head inquisitively before whispering...

...is something the matter?

Within those few moments, the torch flickered against some bile that spilled overhead. A deep red liquid that dripped in abundance as above them...plastered over the ceiling were men...guards...SCHLAKIN! They were fastened to the ceiling by some form of metal...almost silver in its glimmer. The bleeding figure overhead sprung to life as he started SCREAMING a hollow cry of what could only be defined as pain. From below-sprouted hands from the bile. Twitching and thrashing about as they also appeared to be fastened beneath the bile.

As this commotion began, my eyes widened as the torch fell from my grasp. It was doused by the liquid below...creating a sudden and complete darkness that only made this situation worse. I began to breathe heavily as I leaped to the side...feeling my hands all over my person for the Flicker-Ingot. I SHOUTED...

RAVEN!?

Unlike the sinister nature of man...the feral nature of a boy proved rather promising. It was not in the nature by which he enacted such a violent task...as though willed by the stone. This boy...Remus...darted into "safety"? Yet nothing was safe in these parts. It had to be a survival instinct...for the boy plunged into such a large, hulking creature. With every motion and every blood spilling insertion, the massive abomination let out a devastating GROAN. The glowing stone glistened from a brilliant yellow to an ominous dark luminescence. The gnawing creatures beneath seemed to follow Remus into the open gash of the monster, biting and tearing away at any flesh they could. It was in this moment that the large creature began to tumble backwards...however...there was no footing from behind. The sudden sense of a freefall took over as the large mass of flesh fell into the open pit of corpses.

It was at this time that the stone itself began to glow brilliantly a true red...as though being saturated by the bile of this beast had awakened its true nature...and with it in full radiance...the hulking beast let out one final GROAN as the blood within his veins instantly dried out...as though consumed by the rock. The entire mass of flesh shrunk against the lack of bile within and the empty sack of meat fell had upon a somewhat silent mound of what was not fleshy pillows.

...at the base of the mass grave was some slight motion...but all in all...it was rather still. Even the alarms were quiet down here...in the rot.

The stones faded softly...and became infused into the flesh of the beast...remaining with the dead that now resided. With each moment...the carcass became more and more dry...as though everything within was being siphoned out.

What came to linger after Remus' final act was the soft caress of a familiar voice...

...dearest...child...of mine...
...are...you...safe?
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven's eyes widened. This was all happening to quickly. She thought desperately as to what she had to do. This burning from the mark intensified. She couldn't see a thing, though she wanted to do something. She began to tremble, looking around wildly when Caulm called her name." Caulm." She called loudly, not quite screaming. She had an idea, but she didn't know how well it would work. She remembered when he had yelled, it seemed very loud, not quite in her ear, but difinetly close. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Raven bit her lip and thought for a moment. She needed a weapon, and they need light. Suddenly, a flaming sword appeared in her hand and she opened her eyes. She was mesmerized by the flames, but quickly tore her eyes to look around. She saw Calum behind her and back up, standing in front of him." What are those thing?" She asked, keeping her voice even. She felt a strange sort of calm wash over her, and she had a feeling it had something to do with her conjuring the sword.
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]The red-heads demeanor took a turn and her very words tugged at Ell's heart, for he too is desperately looking for someone. His twin sister had been taken and only one man know exactly where she is. Ell stood in silence listening to the first sounds of rainfall. Retreating in his mind, Ell took everything in. There was just so much that happened so quickly ever since coming to The Town of Firsts. It took another minute before Ell broke his silence and took a step toward Sulette, "This person, they here in this town correct?" Though Ell stated a question he continued on knowing the answer full well. "I too am looking for another. I'm looking to kill him....so.. so while I'm here I can help you find your friend." As he spoke he move forward towards the doorway taking a peek around and about the town. They wouldn't be able to remain here for more sounds were erupting on this evening. Though not as pressing it is still something the two of them will need to remain caution about.[~|~]
Junior Admin

Multiplexis wrote:Tonight is the night that I strike, tonight I kill Prosia, tonight Provollshia's corruption ends! It truly is amazing how much I believed those words, how much confidence I had in them. I felt so indignant, righteously so, the kind of indignation that would make you rip apart nations and burn governments just to get justice. A fire burnt within my bones and consumed my soul, a fire so hot I had to release it, I had to allow my fury to murder Prosia and his unholy excuses for Guardians. If I didn't rely on my fury I might not be able to kill, and I could fail.

See the thing is I've never killed another person before, I've only ever killed animals. The human brain was never designed to kill, at least so my mother told me. I suppose it was true though, basic psychology said so. And I know, that if I didn't rely on my fury, I couldn't bring myself to kill someone, and I would be killed in turn. But I had my mission locked, I would kill those maggots, for my father, for my dear mother.

The streets were in chaos, the alarms had been blaring for...I had lost count of how many hours they went on for. The only reason I could think of for such commotion was some of the other refugees to this city, and perhaps some of the native grumblers were making a commotion. I couldn't have been the only person wanting to assassinate the beloved leader of these hooligan townsfolk. If I failed tonight maybe I could make some allies of the dissidents, or maybe I would make some here this very night.

Sneaking to the castle proved to be difficult. I had to pass dozens of guards and soldiers. On the way I had spotted various people being chased by the Guardians, I wanted to help, but I needed to uproot the problem at the source. Now at the castle, two months of planning would come to fruition. I would finally kill Prosia and eliminate his wretched Guardians. This night, I, Averon, would avenge my parents.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm
BioCollision wrote:Everything fell black for what felt like an eternity. What had this other side of me done? What have become of myself? As I had come to, my eye sight blurred and control of my body had begun regaining control of itself, I was witnessing as I was just pulling myself up and over the edge of a pit that I had apparently fallen into. Finally, reaching the surface, I glanced down at my filthy and trembling hands, my senses returning to me as I felt everything coming to me all at once. The smells around me, the knot in my stomach that felt as though it ran all the way up to my throat, the excruciating aching my body was feeling. I dropped to palms and knees as I vomited up what appeared to be the bile that the hulking butcher was spewing out. I must’ve been drowning inside his body. I don’t even know how I even managed to survive that. I could barely keep myself up on hands and knees. A familiar voice spoke out to me, but my suffering and pain consumed me too much for me to respond.

Drops of rain began to fall from the sky as I periodically took turns between puking up bile and taking a breather. The rain slowly turned into a downpour. But even this amount of rain could not wash out the filth that had covered my body, at least not entirely. Even if it had, it was no longer something that could be washed from my very being. What was done could not be undone. Stammering to me feet, I tried to gather my bearings and remember the tasks that I was asked to do. I could sense that this was not the worst of it. I was tasked that of which was North, South, East, and West. To the south was the open grave, the task I had completed. I didn’t even think about where to go next, simply, my body acted on its own as I began to walk westward. What was the task there for me? What was it that corpse had said? To the west was a mortarless wall. “Right,” I muttered to myself as I walked back out to the main road. It seemed much more silent than I remember it to be. Did they end their search for me? I could not be certain. I needed to keep to the lower grounds so that I could regain a bit of my strength for the next tasks.

As I walked, I thought to myself, was this what mother was asking of me? Was this some trial that I had to undergo? If it was, this was entirely cruel.

Elsewhere in Provollshia

Unlike the poor side of Provollshia, the rich side, lived very different lives, as any one assume. Within these residences lived those with spoiled and lavishing amenities. One in particular was a man and his son. No other child was present, nor was there a mother. The room itself was constructed from very dark and rich wood. Books lay scattered across the room, whether it be within shelves or across tabletops or even across the floor. The young very clean appearing boy remained silent in his studies. Although the boy physically was clean, there was something about him that simply made him seem dirty. Perhaps it was his messy black hair, or the wild expression in his eyes.

“Father,” the boy would call out as he looked up from what appeared to be a rather advanced book on magick.

“Yes, my son,” the man would respond as he sat in a rather comfortable looking cushioned chair. The man himself, too looked of a wild nature, but was very well groomed and dressed for his off putting nature. The man appeared to be drifting off into some thought as he stroked his mustache and goatee.

“How much longer must we remain in this dump of a city,” the boy would ask as he violently closed the book as though he lacked complete interest in its contents.

“Just until the morning my son, after all the gates are closed,” the man would respond to the boy. “Besides, you still have some more studies to get through.”

Sounding more aggravated, “Father, no gate that that pathetic man set up in our path could stop us,” throwing the book across the room into a bookcase as it knocked several books down and to the floor, “Besides, this is all primitive magick. This is baby magick!”

Turning to his son, the man would give no signs of changed expression, “Romulus, just be patient. I’ve reason to ensure certain events here unfold on itself. Let the old man think he can contain and control all inside here without challenge, for now.”

The boy would scoff and he folded his arms, he would respond back to his father, “Fine! But I am not going to read any more of these stupid books!”

It was in a moment’s sensation, the man felt a tingle in his spine. He stood erect as he had become alert of something unseen. “What’s wrong father,” the boy would ask as his father’s motions alerted even him.

“I felt a faint strength. It seemed familiar,” he would say as he had become both confused and intrigued, “perhaps it was a good idea to stay through the night. Because whatever it was that output such energy, I must have it.”

“To bring back home,” the boy asked.

“Yes,” the man responded with an odd grin on his face.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 pm
Upon the bloodied earth, those bodies still possessing life squirmed quietly over the dirt, slowly reaching further and further away from the hole that contained so many dead and forgotten lives. None of which had a name to match the face. The young boy, still so unsure of what feral magic possessed him in such a dire time would undoubtedly question his own survival. The first trial had finally come to fruition. Within the stone altar, the corpse lay without any feature to show beyond the grin plastered to the face for eternity. Uncertainty clouded the frail mind of one so powerless. Regardless, there was no other hope to invest in another beyond the battered boy who marched onwards towards the mortarless wall...Westward. The first trial ended with blood consuming the luminous stone deep within the pit, out of site but unforgotten based on the severity of the act. Unfortunately for the boy...this was one of the simpler acts...for those following may not be as physically demanding...there was more mental strain soon to follow.

Beyond the Southern portion of Provollshia to the West resided what might be known as the middle-class of the town. However, towards the mortarless wall, located within an overcrowded cemetery stood those god fearing folk whom possessed a much greater destain for those who possessed magic. Huddled around a dark tree filled with hanging corpses, the townsfolk drew many more noose to appease the gods they believed resided beyond this dismal city. And where were the corpses if not within the overcrowded cemetery or the pit to the South? A cart carrying many dead near the wall riddled with holes could only be filled by the bodies numbering in the many.

Regardless...the alarm seemed to dim more and more in the rain...bringing with it a subtle peace in the passing moments. Still...Remus was not done with this night. Faces seemed to produce more and more at the windows as the alarm became lesser and lesser, as though signifying it was safe to once again look to the city. The lights remained out, but at least it was a notable fact that people still lived here.

...my dearest...child...do not...lose...faith.
...you're actions...are right...and just...

Although safest behind Raven, I was not safe in these infested tunnels. the Schlakin riled and swung wildly at anything and nothing. They were bound here against their will...an act made to keep the living and mischevious out of the easiest access point to Prosia. These figures were of no threat currently, for they remained bound to the floor, walls, and overhead...still...it did not stop me from the steps I took next. With Raven at my front and the squirming body of a Schlakin breaching from the sewage below, my hand wrapped around his neck as the Flicker-Ingot became exposed within my other hand, the sharp point came sailing down without hesitation and became lodged within the eye of the man at my grasp, his screams perforating the passage for a moment before the burning end of the stone caused his screams to die with his now limp body.

In my eyes, there was not a single emotion committed in the act. I simply lifted my eyes to Raven as she held the burning sword, speaking sharply...

Well...are you going to use that or let our enemy know of our arrival?

There was nothing to state in my mind...but part of me felt that I was too revealing in how simple that life flashed before my eyes.

Averon and the Tower of Provollshia:
In truth, the tower to which Prosia resided was ominous in stature as was the force he kept at its gate. The insides, however, were not as filled with guards as one might expect. The hallways emanated a certain magical musk about them...something that lingered within every step upon the fine golden rugs. The pinnacle of all magical knowledge was foretold to reside within these halls, but they were cold and damp. No higher magic was felt within, there was a darkness, and it lingered near the young lad whom held revenge in his heart. He could not feel it now, but there were eyes upon him throughout this structure...not Prosia's but the dead whom resided within, trapped against their will. At the pinnacle of this city...it seemed the most logical method to achieve direction and progress in a tower would be to climb upwards the stairs. This boy, Averon, was nowhere near the upper terrace far beyond the dirt on the ground...upon a grand terrace...this was most likely where Prosia resided.

And yet...our hero finds himself at the lower levels currently. The subtle tappings of a few well-dressed guard and a single man who was making his way slowly down the stairs. Blonde with fair complexion about his face, his likes were not familiar to the locals of this land and his demeanor did not appear very menacing in terms of who was the owner of this tower. Still...he held some prominence it seemed as he wore inscribed and fine clothing bearing Provollshia's insignia. In one hand, the man held a book of another language entirely...impossible to decrypt as it was in a dead language some say could be the first magical language given to this world. Where it came from only a few had ideas...most of those people were known as theorists.

Upon Ell's silent words, I listened to them as they meshed with raindrops outside. Each pause so final, each breath so cherished...I felt...in this moment...such things were dire.

...you said...you were...searching...

...within my mind, there was a boy I remember...so long ago...he told me...

...Has there not been enough bloodshed upon this day?

I gazed deeply to Ell and continued to think upon those words to try and understand what turned Ell so violently that he was in his current mindset.

...they...they took someone from you...haven't they?

Although the rain was constant, it seemed to fall harder now than before. I tried so desperately to keep my composure, even now, when the world felt as though it were coming to an end. Confined to these walls, I thought to myself...did I really have the fortitude to end the life of those who destroyed mine? Even when I asked myself the question, the answer seemed lost. If I were truthful to myself...I just wanted to see Remus again...but that was no longer an option.

...I don't know where Caulm is...and I fear the worst...but I will follow you until you...me...and Caulm are safely outside.

...but...I do hope...you won't leave me as everyone else has...Ell...
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:I've felt fear before but never like this. The things around me as they all jump and lunged at me from all areas around the room. It was like time stood still for moment as I recalled the thing say something about the voices in my head. I felt my body freeze and my mind go blank. I felt the possibility of dying. When all of them around me drew to a breaths away I felt intense pressure from within my body and from it a voice spoke. "I gueeessssss thhhheeeeyyyy waaannnnt toooo plaayyyy......" As the voice said its final word I felt my magic surge and lifted me a few feet off the ground and expelled a blue wave of power almost like a nova and from what I could see it pushed the creatures to the other sides of the room.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven looked at the things on the floor, her focus turning to them. She lunged at the nearest one, swinging her sword back, and cut its head off. She glanced back at Calum quickly before stabbing another one. She heard its screams echoing throughout the sewers and she began to wonder something. She knew it wasn't dead yet, it was still moving a bit." Calum, do these things bleed?" She asked. Raven knew he would probably think she was crazy, but it was worth a shot.
Junior Admin

Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Sulette's words drove themselves deep into Ell's mind. His heart grew heavy as emotions swelled up onto his chest. The flow of rain were as their tears; an outcry of sorrow they shared allowing each other to share each others pain. Ell had no words that he could say at this moment. Instead he gently rests his left hand upon Sulette's right shoulder. An act of friendship, or just mutual understandings, whatever the case Ell wasn't planning on leaving Sulette's side. With this emotional moment passing Ell spoke up giving a suggestion, "The man I seek, Tu'lyz is his name. He has information on the whereabouts of my sister. He's also the man who took my eye. He seems to be one of those Schlakin people and a higher up in their ranks. We can continue to trail him under the cover of the rain. We can also lookout for your companion along the way. Will that suffice?" Removing his hand, Ell turned towards Sulette and awaited her response. "I will not attack this man upon finding him. I shall wait until you are safe with your missing companion. So you have nothing to fear." Ell added with a faint smile for reinsurance of Sulette's safety and cooperation in finding her missing friend.[~|~]
Junior Admin

BioCollision wrote:Walking had become easier after a while. With the rush settling down, I was able to feel my muscles slowly relax. They ached a great deal, but my body was not feeling as terrible as they were when I had come to my senses. A large part of me was hoping that I did not have to go through another trial that physically taxing, because there was going to be no way I would accomplish another in my state. On the other end of things, I was still feeling rather sick. My unstable stature had my stumbling towards a wall of a building to hold me up as I reached over with one arm and leaned into it, as I panted feeling that overwhelming sensation upturning in my throat. Hurling, I vomited more bile from the creature, uncontrollably I released from myself more of the insides that I had accidentally swallowed. As I did so, I would clench my eyes closed with tears writhing from between my eye lids.

Finally, when I felt I had gotten it out of my system, I would remain leaning up against the wall, panting. I just needed to take a breather. With my free hand, I pressed it up against my face, attempting to regain my composure. When I felt I had, I would look up. If not for the beady eyes peering through a window of the building I had posted up against, I would have simply turned away and continued on my way. However, it was the small eyes that peaked through the window that had grasped my attention. Attached to them was a small child, staring me down. The child could not have been any older than three years of age, and although this city had been nothing but painful for me, it was the first look of innocence that I had seen in such a long time. It made me long for the days when I was younger, the days I spent in Fousture. The days where I spent whole seasons with Sulette, was she still alive? When was the last time that I had seen her? I couldn’t even remember anymore. I felt my chin wrinkle up and my throat felt like it was knotted up. I missed the life I had lived before now. Had the heavy rain not drench my face, tears would have been visibly streaking down my dirtied cheeks.

I stood there until I had noticed an angry looking woman tug on the child and close a set of curtains, blocking my view to the inside. It was my cue that I was no longer welcome where I was. Now that I had thought about it, they were the first people I had actually seen that were normal and not guards that were hunting me down. At least not since the moments before Fousture was attacked. God, it had been so long since I have been in human contact. I understood my behavior now. Having spent the past few months around wolves, I had lost touch with interacting with people. So much so, I found it okay to make conversation with a corpse trapped in an opened alter that had been made its makeshift grave.

I continued on until I had met a long path along a cemetery. I had noticed in the distance, through the rain, a collection of people surrounding a lone tree. From it, I could see that things were dangling from it; however, I was too far away to tell what they were. I knew I had to get closer.

The Home of Mars and Romulus

From within the library of the man and his son, the two peered towards each other. More so, the boy was in need of some entertainment and awaited some sort of response from his father. He wished for his father to indulge him more on what he wanted from this entity that he had felt.

“Should I go and get him,” Romulus would ask.

The man did not speak; instead he gave a blank stare, as though he was looking through and beyond his son. Could he see what was transgressing, or perhaps was he deep in thought on what he was to do?

“Mars, do you want me to get him,” the boy asked once more.

The man this time twisted his expression with that of anger. He stood to his feet as his very presence seemed to fill the room, intensifying his emotions for anything in the room to feel what he did. Before the man spoke anything, Romulus, the man’s son, almost immediately coward like a defenseless pup, “How dare you refer to me by my name, you are my son, you do NOT call me by my name. You are but a child! You are to be seen, not heard. Do you understand me,” Mars responded with a raised voice.

“Y-yes father,” Romulus would respond as he rose a loose book to hide his face behind.

Regaining his composure, the man would walk towards the doorway, stopping at the door as he calmly spoke, “But no, By day break, he will be within our grasp.” With that said, he would leave the room, leaving the startled Romulus to himself.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:34 pm
Within such a brief moment, I found it difficult to show my face. Tears were welled up after so many nights without a single person I called friend to share grievances with. It was overwhelming that in such a short time, everything seemed to become unwound. Although Ell's words were made in vengeful regard, despite his attempt to mask true intent, I found myself nodding deeply into the empty space between them. I stood there as silent sobs fell into the silent room they stood. Just as I thought I could maintain composure, I stepped forward and hugged Ell deeply, burying my face into his shoulder as I muttered...

...I don't know where that stupid boy is anyways...I might as well be kept among friends. Regardless...I hear...three eyes are better than two.

With such a distasteful joke, one might wonder how I avoided the Southern mass grave. My eyes were shut tightly, but I found the strength to grin as I admired my terrible joke.

...even if you don't find what you are looking for...perhaps you consider leaving with me...we can follow more breadcrumbs amongst honorable thieves...not killers...

Within feet from Raven, I stood. A violent spark...lashing out with disdain for all living creatures that dwelled beneath the soil. I heard Raven's question...possibly an eternity ago. I simply did not speak as I watched the blood spray from each abomination that once was man...now these creatures littered the walls as ornaments...obstacles...alarms...

I knew Raven held such lust for blood...it was notable in that branded symbol that burned upon her skin. I did my best to avoid staring towards it...but my eyes held such curiosity in the handiwork of such a marvelous symbol. The Flicker-Ingot claimed yet another life as the burning sparks lit up the screeching tunnel. The screams within becoming lesser and lesser with every life that was claimed. These creatures held no weapons...they had but some teeth and nails...some without either. They were but water-darts trapped in a barrel.

...what a childish act...

My voices carried with it a morbid disgust at the simplicity of this corridor they stood in. The sloshing waste mixing with newly spilled blood. Within this tunnel the air clung densely in the lungs...it was noxious and nauseating. Regardless...we still had many steps to make before we were finished. My eyes resided upon Raven...watching to see how she treated the few remaining corpses between them and the iron door at the end of this sewer.

...A BOOK OF MAGIC!
...WITCHCRAFT!

At a distance...the hollow yells of townsfolk full of disdain echoed through the growing storm. Rain full of chills and immoral banter fueled what looked to be an angry mob surrounding a tree. At the base were women, children, and men whom shouted at a line of boys and girls whom seemed to age between twelve and sixteen. They wore what appeared to be clothing that belonged to a school of sorts, tattered and torn as if a struggle ensued before they found themselves here.

THESE HEATHENS WERE FOUND IN THE POSSESSION OF TEXT THAT OUR FATHER CONDEMNS!
EVIL WORKS THAT THE DARK MOTHER USES TO ENTICE OUR MINDS!
BURN THEM! HANG THEM! D'OSE SONS AND DOUTERS AUF EEVUL!

Upon the platform near the tree...stood a man in white robes. His face was twisted and scarred all over. However, his voice was booming and powerful. Every word he spoke cause the people closest to him to grasp onto the nonsense he spoke.

The children who stood on the platform. Adorned in nooses, bruises, and what might have been tears in the rain. Their faces trembling as their hands were tied behind their backs. They waited silently as they knew what would happen if they spoke. Three other freshly hung children swung quietly against the wind and rain. Only several remained now. Still...some muttered to themselves for mercy...for justice...and some just to be home.

Vile creatures that hungered so greatly that their own well-being was forfeit in the face of such explosive might. Even as the figments clashed with the wall, their heavy and hungering breaths melded with the gnashing of rotted teeth. Each figure was thrown back against such a surge of magic, their bodies...like withered fruit smashed into stone and rubble at close proximity. Even the spectre-girl with a jagged '25' carved into her forehead gave such violent cracks and snaps from bones within her. She, unlike all others, came smashing down into the floor beneath Lucien. Her neck twisted in the most violent of contortions ever witnessed. Some bones protruded her skin and left such a small and broken frame was something difficult to view...for she only looked as a child of about ten years old.

Those other creatures twitched and groaned quietly beyond the radius too which Lucien's magic escaped. The motions of these monsters were few...but still something to take note of.

But that was when the sudden and sporadic snap of what could have been a tree branch gave way to a deathly fast motion...one to which a cold and sharp grasp of hands and nails found their way around Lucien's throat. No warmth came as the dead girl with the number '25' carved into her forehead rose against all reason. Her bones creaked and snapped as the injuries inflicted seemed to do nothing more than create an orchestra of damning harmony. Her neck slowly twisted around as the violent grin on her face met Lucien. Although smaller than this boy, her lifeless arms lifted the boy off the floor, raising him from the ground he stood...letting the desire to breathe become a necessity.

...poor...poor child...
...such potential...
...such desire to see something like home?

Her condescending tone echoed in hollow tone...something not human speaking as though it knew of what once was humanity.

...you wish to leave this place...don't you?

Her lips parted as her broken face grew ever closer to Lucien's. The mass of creatures that were once flung began crawling over the floor as they became...once again...closer to where Lucien was raised.

...I am sorry to say child...but your bones...will remain here...forever...after the skin and meat are torn from them.

Her tone grew deathly cold and dark as her tongue grazed an opening in Lucien's neck...one created by her own nails. Such blissful nectar came from his open wounds.

Upon Lucien's legs came many hands and the violent sound of feral sniffs from what might be misconstrued as animal in nature...but at this point...he should know better.

...don't worry child...your voices...will be set free...
...scream for me...
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:34 pm
Darkwing01 wrote:Raven noticed there were only a few corpses left. She smirked and slashed and cut at them numerous times before killing then, the burning sensation in her hand had lessened tremendously during the fight. After the last few were done she sighed, keeping her sword out for light and in case she needed it, though if they somehow got life she'd change it to something else." I think we're safe, for now anyways." She said calmly, looking at the blood that had been spilled everywhere.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:35 pm
dancerinthedusk wrote:"I was so tired....I don't know why this exhaust me....but I need to get away from here." I thought to myself as this thing held me by my throat. Air being stifled beneath her grasp. I could barely make out what she was saying, the pounding in my head was exceedingly loud. Like a drum within my ears constantly pounding with every heart beat. I could feel my consciousness starting to fade.....

"Looks like you are in quite a predicament?" Whose voice was that? "I can help you.....if you let me out to play Lucien."

With a weak cracked voice I said "Who are you?".

"Someone that can help....so why don't you let me out to play......"The voice sounded insane almost blood thirsty. With the last of my strength leaving me I knew it was this or die. "Help me please...."

The voice sounded a maniacal laugh the rang through the walls of the room it sounded like it was right next to me. Then I realized it was me. I was within my own mind watching the scene as if I was just an onlooker.

"So you are quite powerful huh.....you want us to scream right? Well I think I'd rather hear you scream....." With that line I saw black fire spew forth from my body and engulf the room. Who ever this was grabbed the hand that held my neck and pulled it away and at the same time kicked her in the abdomen. "Lets play 25.....and try not to bore me."
Junior Admin

Multiplexis wrote:As I crouched in the hallway coming into the chamber with the stairwell I observed people, too many people. Guards, obviously, but now this immaculate figure strolling down the steps as if he owned the place. Maybe he did for all I knew, I didn't recognize him. Regardless, is was clear he was pretty important. He looked as if he could compete with Prosia himself in the authority department, or maybe this was just one of Prosia's henchmen and I was just being stupid. But that was unlikely.

I digress. The man carried a thick, old book, obviously important by the way he held it. I could not really tell what the book was, it could have been a cook book and I would't have known. But considering it was being carried by this guy I'm sure it was a little more important than that. In fact, taking a closer look I realized that the book looked familiar, in fact I think I had read about it somewhere (isn't that funny, reading a book about a book). I wasn't entirely certain but I think it could have been a magic book of some kind.

I wanted to get that book away from that man, but at the same time I needed to get to Prosia. But if it was an important magic book I sure didn't want Prosia reading any more of it than he already had, nor would I want anyone else to get their hands on it. There were too many people around for me to grab the book without the risk of getting caught. Right now I was hidden, but no matter what I did I would be seen. Not to mention if I grabbed the book and then faced Prosia, I might just be delivering the book right into his hands.

But there was another side to this. If I grabbed the book and escaped with it I could find a magic user who opposed Prosia. He could use the book against the tyrannical menace. Yes! I was going to steel that book.

I grabbed an arrow out from my quiver and put it down on the ground. With my right hand I grabbed one of my bigger bombs and two of the smaller and held them there. I then grabbed a match and lit the fuses on the bombs. With record speed I dropped the match, grabbed the arrow and charged the man coming down the steps. I didn't make any verbal sound, just charged forward. By the time the guards actually noticed I was halfway to the man. I make it the rest of the way to him without interference because of the bombs.

I threw the bombs. Together the make a good sized explosions that stopped the guards in their tracks. I didn't shift my focus from the man in front of me. I charged forward into him, ramming the arrow head like a spear into his gut. I used my momentum to knock him off balance, but I was still prepared. While he was still processing what happened to him I yanked the book from his grip and charged up the stairs to make my escape. I didn't look back, didn't think about anything else, I just ran up the stairs with the book in hand.

Boy am I glad my father taught me how to hunt.
Junior Admin

Larry Smith wrote:A young man was bashing his head in with his own book. He couldn't understand the first page, it containing words more than 6 letters long and in cursive.

Before continuing to bash his head in with said book, he sees a distressed and panicked young lad [Multiplexis] running up the stairs into what he had considered his quiet place. Angered by the additional annoyance to go along with the damn-hard to read, wordy book, he shouts at the intruder.

"He-hey, what are you doing, running along here? GET OUT!! This is my place-MY PLACE!!!"
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm
BioCollision wrote:Just as calm had come to me, it left quickly at the sign of what I drew near to. My stomach was finally at ease, assuring me that I had finally expelled all of the bile from the creature before. However, a new unnerving feeling took its place as the sensation consumed me. Once more, I felt as though I was being put into one bad situation into another. With the thought of returning home lingering in the back of my mind, the feeling of my heart being squeezed left me with the notion I could not dwell on something that could no longer happen. Fousture was gone, my home was gone. Sulette was gone, even my mother was gone. Everything just seemed to be ripped from me. It felt almost easier to just let this world do to me what it seemed to keep trying to do, kill me.

But as I approached and looked into the hopeless eyes of the children who seemed to have already been trialed, in the end, found guilty. I knew nothing of the circumstance, but could not help but feel as though something was wrong here. These were children being put to death, and this was something clearly normal among this city. They were nearly my age. But who was I do impose my morals on society, this society. I was but an outsider looking into these people’s homes. I hated what they were doing here as I merely stood just outside of the crowd. I scanned around watching all this hatred, questioning myself. I did not condone their actions, but I knew that more bloodshed would happen if I were to be involved, whether it be my own, or theirs. I had to make this decision now, for there were not many options for me. It made me feel terrible that I had debated this. However, a part of me thinks that this trial that I took on was some sort of life lesson for me. I began to walk around the crowd, coasting around and trying to avoid crossing paths with any of the individuals, even if they seemed transfixed on what was in front of them. Subsequently, I found myself drawing close to the tree, my view of these wild people that thought themselves as civilized.

If I were to act, it had to be soon. But what was it that I should do. Do I remain silent regardless of my morals telling me to help these children? Or do I act on it and spill more blood? Even still, the last people I thought of helping ended up being monsters themselves.
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm
Celestial Seliitoren wrote:[~|~]Don't - Don't touch me; Ell's initial though from Sulette's sudden embrace upon him. Tension in his body slowly reduces as he gives in to the warmth that is shared between them. Such a feeling is almost alien to Ell, for the cold and pain has been his only comfort these past two months. His words stutter in an attempt to reply back to such a poor joke. Gazing down at Sulette's, her soft grin was able to slightly shift the mood into a more cheerful way. However the continuation of her words tugged at a more sensitive subject. "not able to find what he is looking for..." such a thought never occurred to Ell. His end goal, to find his missing twin sister, he wasn't going to give up on her. "We should get moving. We don't want to lose track of them." Ell lightly pulled himself from Sulette about a half a foot and turned his attention to the outside. "I shall aid you in finding your friend. From the sound of it, many of the alarms have silenced. We'll be able to move about easier." Still cautious Ell took two slow steps outside under the rain and began to scan their location. He stood there silent for about twenty seconds watching and listening for any abnormal sounds. Upon hear and seeing none he waved his left hand in a motion to Sulette informing her that the area is still clear. "That man is heading back to the center of the town. Probably where that giant tower is. If he makes it there things are going to become a lot more difficult." The time Ell spent watching his prey had at least some benefits. When he wasn't healing from his injuries, he did take time to study as much as he could about this city. Ell begins to walk in the direction where Tu'lyz last headed. His pace was that of a power walk with a few quick hopping strides in order to catch. "We must move quickly and stay in the shadows. Hug the walls as much as you can and keep conversations to a minimum." Ell said lightly back to Sulette.[~|~]
Junior Admin

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 pm
Abrupt in its end, I took a slight step back as Ell seemed to carry some form of emotional weight in his movements towards the door. I simply watched him exit the and take to the rain. The red bags under my eyes were steadily becoming dry, and to remove the final tears from them...I wiped them away with my sleeve. The makeshift cast caught my eye that was put on so many suns ago. I glanced back to Ell...his voice carried with it that deathly tone to it that felt both of hope...but I could also feel the knife that moved in his words. Without so much as a question, I stepped into the falling rain...the first crack of lightning pierced through the sky, striking just down beyond the farthest wall of Provollshia. The sight of it made me jump a little...however...the rolling roar of the thunder I allowed to carry over.

Sticking close to Ell, I whispered...

...it's almost impossible to get into that tower...if the man you seek enters...it would be a dead-man's wish to follow.

The tone I spoke with was bland...but to the point. That tower meant death...there was no denying how foolish it would be to go in there. And still...I trusted Ell to the point that I would be the shawl on his back. Not one more tear would I shed for the loss of someone I wanted to save.

Fixated upon the morbid display about them, my eyes felt dulled to the dead carcasses littered about. Still, the stench was overwhelming as the cloth of my shirt was placed up to my nose, only giving the belief that doing so would stop the vile rot and decay from seeping through. With nothing more than the silent dead and flicker of flame to accompany the sounds of dripping above, I stepped forward, past the bodies, past the rot...towards my destination. A simple iron gate that stood defiant to anyone seeking passage to what awaits within. The lock upon this gate had not seen use in what appeared to be decades. Without thought, the Flicker Ingot was pressed firmly against the metal...the light it gave off was almost blinding as the point made a horrid screeching sound. The metal and rust seared and cracked until it finally gave way. The lock smacked into the floor with a thud. My eyes were upon it for a moment, thoughts racing through my head. It was only after this moment that I gazed over to Raven. The blood around her and the strength she possessed. I whispered finally...

...Raven...I cannot promise that once we enter that we will leave with both body and spirit. From here on...we are treading upon the grounds of a hellish dream...anything can...and probably will happen.

As I gazed to Raven, it was apparent that I was unsure of how successful our endeavors would be.

If you wish to stop now...you may. You have brought me this far...and I am most thankful for this.

My head slightly bowed to her as I stood at the gate. Still staring to her...an anxious sway was found in my hand as it slowly tapped the iron gate.

Averon Kenneth and Samuel O'Rien Encounter Boles, the Second Son of Provollshia:
Upon this eve, leading to morning, Boles followed spiraling stairs down the tallest tower of the city. It was within these walls that the God of the Storm resided, Prosia...and it was Boles' job to ensure that the God was content with every aspect of his domain. If there was a riot in the streets upon this day, he would quell it, if there was a group of propagandists who spoke poorly of Prosia, he would silence it, and if there was a plot to end Prosia's life within the eve...he would deny the attempt. There was more to the magic of this world than fancy oracles and their future telling parlor tricks...there was a whole other world of magic beyond what others attempted to comprehend. Boles' eyes were opened the day he met Prosia and received sacred rights of entrance into his personal care. As a man of complicated nature, he was a perfect match to the very sinister nature of Prosia's wishes.

There was much to be done upon this night...for at the break of dawn, an event unlike any other would make known the Storm God...and such an event was only a few hours from this moment. But first...it was the whisperings of the walls that some mice had entered this sacred and extremely static halls of the tower. What little was known to those outside was how...like a conductor...this tower felt the motions of those within...pinpointing them as they stood in the halls. Only two actually felt the movements within the tower...Boles...and Prosia.

As this night was in Boles' care to keep in motion, he went down to collect the sacred text...and...to check the mouse traps that kept the Tower of Provollshia safe from those who lived in the streets and woods.

In the final descent of the tower, it was upon a corner that Boles and the guards below were coming to their encounter, and between them were two very odd presences that felt nothing like a magical presence...but merely human in nature. It was the original goal to settle this manner with minimal bloodshed...if at all possible to avoid...however...Averon seemed to possess a completely different motive.

Boles kept his head stuck in his book...not because he was interested in learning something new...but just in case something like an attempt on his life was made by mortal hands. Although Averon believed he held some sort of advantage upon Boles...the only advantage he truly held was upon the guards. For as soon Averon let lose the bombs in his care...boles had already begun muttering a passage from the text that only a handful within this world could read.

Treffen vas grav...smiertelny muros robiť sa dat Creatrix ekpe...

Without so much as a warning, the motions of Averon's feet were for nothing as the very walls around him suddenly shifted. Within such a tight space, the stairs, walls and ceiling all moved at once down and around to create a confined space that was a cube...six feet by six feet...the unfortunate creation of this prison was that it formed at the entrapment of all three guards, Averon, and the unfortunate addition of Samuel...who seemed to have wandered into the wrong place at the wrong time. The walls that confined them were unlikely to move as they were blessed with Mother's kiss. However...mortal flesh...was weak.

The hissing of two fuses were prominent within this space...the familar sound of those bombs that Averon dropped. Right before they exploded, taking with them all five of those trapped within, any further explosives upon Averon would undoubtedly be triggered, creating further destruction within the confines of the tomb.

Boles did not bother to stay, he would let those within the confines remain there until after the preparations were complete. Today was a very important day...and further interruption would be dealt with in deathly fashion.

Dire situations created many hopeful scenarios. The communion with gods and dark spirits were at times the only source of solace...even in the presence of tragedy at hand. The figure who wore the twenty-fifth number seared into her head was one of mystery...tying the mortal world and worlds beyond together. For there had yet to be seen something as unusual as this figment that presented itself as a child, but possessed the insatiable blood lust of a Fleshrysser. Some might argue this as cannibal intent...however...it was apparent that this figure was not human.

In similar regard, Lucien had mystery of his own. A puppet-master it seemed, pulling the internal strings of the boy without much regard to his safety. What was unfortunate to the scenario was that even the will of gods and spirits could not save the mortal coil of life. The figure's face did not change as her hand was swept away, creating a symphony of laughter erupting from the boy. The sound of a diaphragm snapping might not have been heard, however...it was more than likely felt as Lucien pushed away with the force of a driven escape.

What came shortly after as Lucien escaped the feminine figure's hold was the sudden grappling of hundreds of hands belonging to the many other creatures that had been sniffing and drooling below. The flames, no matter how hot and how far they spread did nothing to stop the sudden snapping of crooked and jagged fangs that clattered and gnashed into Lucien's legs. The hotter the fire the deeper the bite. The creatures faces would boil and become charred. They would bite into Lucien's legs until their eyes ruptured and their throats were full of ash. Only then would the creature fall on its side and gasp horrid sounds of brittle lungs. The next mouth would find the wound and continue in the place of the prior creature.

The Twenty-fifth creature...her feminine figure stood in its place, unaffected by the kick to her abdomen...she felt nothing, the fire at her feet scorched her feet but broke no skin. She stared at the feast that was Lucien's legs...the creatures seemed endless in their pursuit for sustenance...and even if they consumed this entire boy...not even slightly would the void in their stomachs be filled.

Suddenly, the sound of wood smashing into wood struck the air, the man upon the platform had kicked open the structure which released yet another child into the mercy of the noose. Her death was not as slow as the others, for her neck clearly snapped as soon ash she fell a few feet below. the look of utter shock remained upon her face as the crowd exploded into cheers.

HEATHEN!!!
WITCH!!!
WHORE OF MOTHER!!!

The younger boys and girls of the remaining six began to cry loudly while one of the older boys shouted at the man and crowd blindly.

YOU'LL PAY!!! ALL YOU WILL PAY!!!

The scarred and twisted man upon the platform stared coldly at the boy...getting closer to him as he leaned in and whispered something in his ear. The rain made it impossible to hear as did the crowd chanting back. Regardless, it was apparent that the boys face turned cold and fearful as the floor beneath him opened violently and dropped him a few feet to where he was now creating a flurry of gagging noises and erratic motions with his bound hands and feet. Kicking his legs, trying to reach anything that might give him relief. The chanting and cheers exploded once again. The boy had his eyes closed tightly as his kicks became lesser and lesser.

It was towards this moment that the stone in Remus' care slowly began to cast a similar golden light almost like the prior stone. It seemed to be close to where it wished to reside. The glow would only get brighter and brighter. Creating a soft luminescence through the cloth in which the remaining three resided.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum